3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

Red Dead Online Praise Thread

Tampinha85

Had too much fun playing in a posse and ive managed to find friendly sessions as well! 

Pocket Fox

So I deleted 2 toons and am playing my third.

Seems, my third toon has kept all the money and nuggets of my previous 2 toons. So that is nice. You lose xp/rank and items of course, but keep cash/nuggets it seems.

lennymuhboi

Enjoying the missions so far. Looking forward to getting better weapons

Lonely-Martin
4 hours ago, R*Phenomenon said:

I was looking for a thread like this after reading only bitching and moaning here mostly from people not able to play the game 1st day.

All due, I paid for access yesterday and couldn't play.

---------

Anyway, I'm in HH. Let's hope I can pump this thread.

Glad animals are in online. Love that I started in New Austin too as that area was lacking in story. And though my character looks like a twat as I'm crap at creating one, I like what I made. (Will post pic in other thread later when on the lappy). As I'm blind in my left eye, loved that I could add a feint scar and add that!

Also, if this is pinned, pin the B&M too, and tell all that are bitching at the bitching to come here.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Maddened_Ghost

The functionality side seems stable, at least for me and I have a terrible connection.

(how is the praise thread pinned and the complains one not pinned? shouldn't it be the other way around? or at least both?)

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

RedDeadNedKelly

I spent $24 on a bigass beard and don’t regret it at all.

Got chased by a pack of wolves, shot three and the last one took off after an npc who filled his britches and rode off screaming.

Did a few missions with randoms and we passed on the first try (we were all wearing the same coat too which made us look unified which was cool).

Some dude shot my horse to try an goad me into a fight, I just stayed in a shop till he got bored and rode off across the map to chase someone else. Went to the stable and my horse, called Horse, was just fine.

Shot the hell out of a few npc gang camps and got a ton of supplies. Even had the option to spare the leader but...well...you know...they started it 😂

Spent three bucks on beer in the Valentine Saloon to see if I could get drunk🍻

All in all, having a great time an I’m only level six. 👍🏻

IamCourtney
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Also, if this is pinned, pin the B&M too, and tell all that are bitching at the bitching to come here.

B&M threads tend to keep themselves pinned to the top of the list without mod help around here ;)

But yeah, in fairness, might as well pin both. And a link to the feedback page as well!

Lonely-Martin
23 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

B&M threads tend to keep themselves pinned to the top of the list without mod help around here ;)

But yeah, in fairness, might as well pin both. And a link to the feedback page as well!

More just bored of folk telling folk they shouldn't complain, but it'll ease off as time goes. 

Still, played a few hours now. Plenty to learn and I got jumped by a twat while picking flowers and shot the f*cker in the face. I won the first conflict I had, unlike GTA where I dropped immediately. :)

(Still 'uugh' though).

ArthurMorgan

The fact that the Bitch & Moan thread is over four times the size of this one says it all, I think.

Happy Hunter
9 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

you're closer to the Mauser than I am, I bought some ammo yesterday and now my online character is going to be in some random encounter like that one in the story where you you find beggers and they ask you for money.

Help the blind! Help the blind! Help a blind man!

4 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

So I deleted 2 toons and am playing my third.

Seems, my third toon has kept all the money and nuggets of my previous 2 toons. So that is nice. You lose xp/rank and items of course, but keep cash/nuggets it seems.

People are too harsh on your toons. The one I saw didn't look so bad, no worse than other characters I've seen so far.

1 hour ago, ArthurMorgan said:

The fact that the Bitch & Moan thread is over four times the size of this one says it all, I think.

Have some goddamn faith Arthur!

Revrico

Achievements are active in the BETA. This makes things much gooder, as it means one or two weekends of grinding and I don't have to turn it on again. 

Smokewood
16 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

I did a mission and was awarded a whole dollar. Only need to play 999 more missions and I can buy the Mauser! Yay!

I hear ya, but why would you want that gun? I hear people talk about it a lot but I don't see what's so special about it.

Give me the double-action revolver anytime over that thing.

rebeldevil

I only played a couple hours today but so far, so good. The transition from freeroam to mission and back is much faster than GTAO and everything seems to be functioning just fine. I managed to create a character I'm happy with. I don't have much money, but I'm used to being broke all the time in GTA. The campsite they start you out with is pretty nice. It's got a nice view. I think I'll stay here a while.

HockeyMike24
43 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I hear ya, but why would you want that gun? I hear people talk about it a lot but I don't see what's so special about it.

Give me the double-action revolver anytime over that thing.

I'm not interested in the gun. Just pointing out how ludacris the economy is and the Mauser is a great example. 

RyuNova

All I can say is the world is as beautiful as it was in SP.

Edited by RyuNova

Smokewood
20 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

I'm not interested in the gun. Just pointing out how ludacris the economy is and the Mauser is a great example. 

What are you basing that on? Is it the difference in price of the same gun compared to single player?

HockeyMike24
15 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

What are you basing that on? Is it the difference in price of the same gun compared to single player?

I forget the SP price, but that's irrelevant. The online price is $1000. With inflation that would be roughly $30,000 in 2018. For a pistol. A job pays you $1 so you would need to complete 1000 life risking jobs to afford said pistol... You see no problem here?

Either we should be making more for jobs or items should cost less. I feel like an outlaw in the great depression.

Smokewood
9 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

I forget the SP price, but that's irrelevant. The online price is $1000. With inflation that would be roughly $30,000 in 2018. For a pistol. A job pays you $1 so you would need to complete 1000 life risking jobs to afford said pistol... You see no problem here?

Either we should be making more for jobs or items should cost less. I feel like an outlaw in the great depression.

ok we are now getting somewhere!

You seem to have 2 different complaints.

1. The price is unrealistic for the time period.

and

2. The ratio of income to the selling price isn't balanced.

Awesome.

You need to tell this directly to R*

Please give feedback now at  reddeadonline.com/feedback 

Edited by Smokewood

Lonely-Martin
7 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

ok we are now getting somewhere!

You seem to have 2 different complaints.

1. The price is unrealistic for the time period.

and

2. The ratio of income to the selling price isn't balanced.

Awesome.

You need to tell this directly to R*

Please give feedback now at  reddeadonline.com/feedback 

We are dude. But with many like you looking to quote things like 'it's you playing wrong' and with R*/T2's bank filling up, they ain't gonna do too much IMHO.

SeniorDerp

Riding my horse flat out through St Denis because of minimal NPC population is really nice. Also the game loads super fast, respawns are almost instant

MostWantedMVP

Nice multiplayer game. I don't play online in games but I'm giving it a go because Red Dead is my favorite game series. I'm excited for the story and the matches are a lot of fun.

I think it's a huge step up from RDR1 multiplayer.

Jason

The sheer variety in player characters I'm seeing is great, way better than GTAO's clonefest.

Story has been a ton of fun so far, some great missions and the way honor works is pretty cool. Do wish we earned a bit more and stuff unlocked faster though, feel like after a buncha missions I should be able to go on a small shopping spree at the clothes store, or maybe be able to afford a new gun.

Smokewood
50 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

We are dude. But with many like you looking to quote things like 'it's you playing wrong' and with R*/T2's bank filling up, they ain't gonna do too much IMHO.

I have never said you are playing it wrong.

I simply don't have issues with prices or payments.

I enjoy the game enough to put in the hours.

My complaints are lack of PvE lobbies and lack of real things to do.

They need to add in PvE lobbies and develop quests lines to play in co-op mode.

They do that and I'll play until the game shuts down.

Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I have never said you are playing it wrong.

I simply don't have issues with prices or payments.

I enjoy the game enough to put in the hours.

My complaints are lack of PvE lobbies and lack of real things to do.

They need to add in PvE lobbies and develop quests lines to play in co-op mode.

They do that and I'll play until the game shuts down.

I quoted 'your playing it wrong' because you told that to another RE the mauser pistol.

Each their own. It's poor, IMHO. That's my view. Enjoy ya gaming as that's all I seek. I share your lobby complaints too mind. Told R* many times now so no reminder needed, ta.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Smokewood
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I quoted 'your playing it wrong' because you told that to another RE the mauser pistol.

Each their own. It's poor, IMHO. That's my view. Enjoy ya gaming as that's all I seek. I share your lobby complaints too mind. Told R* many times now so no reminder needed, ta.

I may have said if you aren't making that kind of cash by the level required, then you are doing something wrong.

I can see how you would interpret that wrong though.

Lonely-Martin
Just now, Smokewood said:

I may have said if you aren't making that kind of cash by the level required, then you are doing something wrong.

I can see how you would interpret that wrong though.

I didn't, lol. 

Some don't always want to be on the profitable jobs all the time. Far bigger game of choice than that. Can't be wrong. Anyway, you're out to pick everything apart and I'm done. We disagree, all good.

Smokewood
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I didn't, lol. 

Some don't always want to be on the profitable jobs all the time. Far bigger game of choice than that. Can't be wrong. Anyway, you're out to pick everything apart and I'm done. We disagree, all good.

I haven't ran a single quest since the itro. Me and a friend did do one of the delivery missions from the post office. I just hunt and look for weeds to pick and also look for lootable items throughout the world.

TiberiusMcQueen

Finally found something that pays well, found a treasure map from a gang hideout and followed it and the reward was $100 and 80 gold nuggets, so that part was a very nice surprise, if only the actual missions payed more. I definitely think gang hideouts just became my priority though if they reward treasure maps often enough.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Doublepulse

So far I’m enjoying it a lot! Formed a posse and roleplayed a bit with other people, had fun hogtying people taking them back to my camp. 

I need to have some goddamn faith that Rockstar will put some good content into this game. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a cesspool like GTA Online is. 

Did some missions and a king of the hill match at Valentine.