1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

FelixTheBarber20

NO SEPERATE FREE AIM LOBBIES (HARDCORE MODE)

The FoolYT

There is no skill to autoaim pretty much, anyone can headshot anyone and when i kill folks or get killed, it doesn't feel rewarding in any way.

Sure they don't want to split the audience but that makes the entire gameplay experience sh*t, either have hardcore mode or a seperate free aim lobby/servers and that's it, problem solved. 

P.T.

i still refuse to even turn this game on until this issue is fixed . Its not even fun atm.

pro24

When beta ends and there is still no free aim, it's time to fold em.

Gallows
On 12/31/2018 at 5:20 PM, P.T. said:

i still refuse to even turn this game on until this issue is fixed . Its not even fun atm.

Agreed. The game just sucks now because of this lock on gameplay. Shooting is a core element of the game after all and shootouts are mobile game level bad.

ThaBirdCoot

I'm starting to have doubts this will even see the day... Game is young yet, but I got a bad feeling we will never have a true free aim experience like back in the RDR days. 

Stretch188

I'm FA but still playing - I do alot of racing, since they got rid of lock-on during races. I think that's why I've been pretty dominant in the races - I'm a good horseman, and I'm the only person used to having to actually aim my shots.

That and sticking to stranger missions, PvE stuff.

I take my lumps in PvP, but I feel like it's really good practice and I like a challenge - kinda like I'm playing single player on 'Insane' difficulty or something.

HockeyMike24

Even doing missions with auto aim is boring, everyone just instant headshots about 30 enemies in under a minute. Is it too much to ask for a xp bonus if we do get hardcore lobbies?

ThaBirdCoot

A good thing would be if the host of said story missions being able to put the settings on which aim mode is prefered. Like in Gta Online, there was this option between third and first person view, anyone who don't feel up to it could still leave and find an AA Lobby. And since only two players is needed anyway..

pro24
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Even doing missions with auto aim is boring, everyone just instant headshots about 30 enemies in under a minute. Is it too much to ask for a xp bonus if we do get hardcore lobbies?

Did a mission with you HockeyMike24 last night playing as DzKzek. Best group I had all night and yes, free aim or bust.

Edited by pro24

SaturdayNight

I go into a mission and i go take cover so i can begin a shootout.. everyones dead because every cowboy outlaw had the aim of god.  Terrible. 

Just think if every western film youve ever seen was like this. Every shootout would last 6 seconds because it would be nothing but flawless headshots. 

IamCourtney
20 minutes ago, SaturdayNight said:

I go into a mission and i go take cover so i can begin a shootout.. everyones dead because every cowboy outlaw had the aim of god.  Terrible. 

Just think if every western film youve ever seen was like this. Every shootout would last 6 seconds because it would be nothing but flawless headshots. 

This is becoming the big issue for me. I've been trying auto aim for the last week or so and while I think the ability card system adds enough spice to make AA PvP fairly engaging, it just turns PvE and hunting into such a bore...

Assblaster

If they provided more xp for FA kills, like double or triple the amount, almost everyone would use FA. I think FA is more fun myself. Animals & NPCs are way too easy to kill with AA.

IamCourtney

As tempting as 50+ XP per kill is, it might be a bit too much to hope for. I'd settle for a +5 Free Aim bonus dinging with each kill.

Ektope
5 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

As tempting as 50+ XP per kill is, it might be a bit too much to hope for. I'd settle for a +5 Free Aim bonus dinging with each kill.

That's not enough. People in auto aim can kill quite fast. People in free aim, it'll take them longer to line up their shots. So imagine auto aimer killing two players in two seconds. 35 XP x 2 kills = 70 XP in 2 seconds. But free aimer, they might kill two players in about 5 to 10 seocnds. +5 XP for free aim bonus is not worth it the time. If someone wanted a lot of XP, they might as well stay in auto aim than free aim. I'd rather free aim bonus XP was higher.

IamCourtney

I'd take a bigger bonus I just don't think it'd be likely. But I'm more-or-less strictly a free roam player so I made my peace with sub-optimal XP gain long ago. And I'd still play free aim even if the kills gave no XP whatsoever. :D

A J

It's an utterly ridiculous decision from Rockstar.

But don't forget they combined 'freeaim' and 'freeaim assisted' on PS4 GTA Online. There was a lot of fuss made, but they made absolutely no effort at addressing it. Free aimers eventually gave-up on the idea of them listening. 

This was the next step, totally ignore 'freeaim' in Red Dead Online.

Why?

Because casual gamers are the ones who go for microtransactions, and if the better gun gives them a greater advantage due to range, the inclusion of any form of skill (freeaim) becomes an issue to that casual player, even if it's a greater challenge vs animals when hunting, the gameplay / enjoyment of gamers is a secondary issue, making money is all that matters.

Why else would they not cater the games to players who want challenge?

BUT THE BENZ

yeah sam, and dan, get real and make sh*t happen!

IamCourtney

As much as I've softened my stance on Auto Aim in terms of PvP, I've come to the conclusion that Free Aim sessions are still probably gonna be a dealbreaker for me. I'm here for the holistic free roam experience where PvP and PvE aren't clearly delineated and can become mixed together at any time, and AA PvE (especially hunting) just ain't doing it for me.

Free Aim Free Roam or bust!!!

Stretch188
1 hour ago, A J said:

Why?

Because casual gamers are the ones who go for microtransactions, and if the better gun gives them a greater advantage due to range, the inclusion of any form of skill (freeaim) becomes an issue to that casual player, even if it's a greater challenge vs animals when hunting, the gameplay / enjoyment of gamers is a secondary issue, making money is all that matters.

Ding ding ding! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Couldnt agree more. Its an economic decision.

In the old SNES era for example, games like battletoads were so hard that I only knew a few people who ever actually beat them, let alone get to the last levels.

Heck, i didnt even beat the lion king game until I went back to it and finished it as a 20 year old (on an emulator, in my cubicle, during a summer internship lol)

This new guard of gamers needs instant gratification - game  designers know this, and know that any game with a steep learning curve will be quickly abandoned by gamers who can just go play an easier game.