1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

FelixTheBarber20

NO SEPERATE FREE AIM LOBBIES (HARDCORE MODE)

pro24
3 hours ago, ?!=+_- said:

Free aimers are like rally drivers, auto aimers are like scaletrix drivers. I'm too old to play kids toys.

Also mouse and keyboard is the most uncomfortable way of playing a game, it's not even designed for gaming like a controller is.

A Mouse and keyboard is the far superior choice when it comes to fps and rts type games. RDR online needs free aim asap.

TankGirl

Geez, there really is no reason to insult people who prefer to play this in auto aim and there is no reason to insult people who prefer to play this in free aim. People have different playing styles. Its not like we are all sitting here making millions playing Red Dead online, we are playing for fun. 

Edited by TankGirl

hoodedstalker
21 hours ago, pootflute said:

Just tried one of the PVP modes, it's absolute garbage with auto-aim. Everyone hits their first shot. What is the point? Might as well play Chutes & Ladders.

I know, it's like it's been geared toward little kids and casuals. I really hope this is only a part of the beta

If anyone wants a lengthy update to my original post, here is Rockstars response. Start from the bottom

This bullsh*t automated response just goes to show how much you actually listen to feedback. Would be nice if I could get a real answer from a real human

Hide quoted text
On Nov 29, 2018 2:08 PM, Rockstar Support <[email protected]> wrote:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (#13284429) has been updated.

Feel free to respond directly to this email and your comments will be added to the ticket.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below to log on to Social Club and you will then proceed to your support ticket.

http://rockstarsupport.zendesk.com/hc/requests/13284429

Note that Social Club is a free Rockstar community service which offers access to special in-game bonuses and exclusive website features. If you do not already have a Social Club account, you will need to create an account after clicking the above ticket link to access your ticket. If you do not have a Social Club account, you can still update your ticket as necessary by replying directly to any emails you receive from Support.

Zendesk (Rockstar Support)

Nov 29, 14:08 EST

Hello Hooded-Stalker,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We have resolved a number connection issues to the Red Dead Online Beta that were affecting some players. Thank you for your patience during this Beta phase. We ask that you please try reconnecting to the Red Dead Online Beta if you belong to one of these groups:

- Players who own the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2

- Players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26, 2018 (must have been playing with online connection)

- Players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26, 2018 and October 29, 2018 (must have been playing with online connection)

Please close the game and then reboot your console before trying to connect again.

If you are still unable to connect to the Red Dead Online Beta after rebooting, and you are not in the groups listed above, you will be able to access the Beta starting tomorrow, November 30, 2018. More details can be found here: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360012618034 for details about access to the Red Dead Online Beta.

If this does not resolve your issue, please respond to this email and let us know.

Best regards,

Rockstar Support

Hooded-Stalker

Nov 28, 21:41 EST

I am not having a connection issue. The issue I have is that players are not separated by aim type.

In GTA 5 when you were in single player and set your aim type to free aim, once you entered online you only played with players that have that setting and you could not change it.

In red dead redemption 2, everyone is in the same lobby no matter what the aim type is set to and you can change the aim setting anytime.

This is the issue me and a large number of people have with this game. It DOESN'T SEPARATE PEOPLE BY AIM SETTINGS. It's not that hard to understand why someone using freeaim would not want to play with someone using auto aim. As of right now though, we do not have a choice.

Judging by your reply, you didn't even read what I said. Hopefully this time you will, thank you and have a nice day

Zendesk (Rockstar Support)

Nov 28, 19:10 EST

Hello Hooded-Stalker,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

From reviewing your support request, we believe that you are part of a group of players who were having issues when attempting to connect to the Red Dead Online Beta.

Since the date of your request, we have resolved a problem causing players who should have been able to access the beta from being able to connect and play. If you have the Ultimate Edition or you played the Story Mode of Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26, you should now be able to access the game.

Please reboot your console, and try to connect to the Red Dead Online Beta again.

If you are still unable to connect to the Red Dead Online Beta after rebooting, or either do not have the Ultimate Edition or did not play the Story Mode of Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th, please check the support article here: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360012618034 for details about access to the Red Dead Online Beta.

If this does not resolve your issue, please respond to this email and let us know.

Best regards,

Rockstar Support

Hooded-Stalker

Nov 27, 19:31 EST

To say that I am extremely dissatisfied and disappointed is an understatement. I absolutely hate Auto aim in video games, but this game does not separate players by aim type. Instead it forces you to play with people using auto aim which means you don't stand a chance against them otherwise. Make the aim types lock you into different player pools or people like me won't play the game. I was really looking forward to the online for this game until now. GTA 5 did this right, how is it that you over looked something so simple? I am sorry, but this is the way I feel and there is only one way to make it right. I even bought the ultimate edition of this game to get the online bonuses and now I can't play it the way I want without an extremely unfair advantage of other players not using free aim. I hope this issue is addressed promptly. - Nico

This email is a service from Rockstar Support, delivered by ZenDesk.

[M7P55M-MKDK]

xl SENTRY lx

Excellent points in here about Auto aim. "Get gud bro-It's not about being good at a game considering the "Auto-aim" feature is killing you for me. How am I suppose to feel satisfied with a kill if the game is doing it for me?"

He mentions a lot about how this games online portion is trash just due to Auto aim and I agree.

Hopefully this is just for BETA and we get Free aim back.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SPAM FEEDBACK-FEEL FREE TO USE WHAT I WROTE

--I always loved Free aim and I would like to see a Free roam lobby option for Free aim/Hardcore players. Not only does it add challenge but it also weeds out trolls looking for easy kills. There was a Free aim/Hardcore Free roam in RDR1 and would be more than happy to see it Return. Keep up the good work and thank you!----

Moosease

I'm done. I tried to stay positive and embrace the auto aim but I just can't bare it. It makes showdown game play shallow, and free aim too trigger happy. It's simply just too easy to down someone. I get that most people might prefer to use auto aim, that's fine, we shouldn't be arguing which one is better because it's down to our own reasoning as to how we like to play the game and it should be an option. Also this is a console game, why are we talking about PC and mouse and keyboards? Anyway, it's just unfortunate that this is the first Rockstar game since GTA 4 that I have been forced to use AA in order to stay competitive in PVP. Run at full speed in a wild manner, and insta head shot any one you see with a flick of your thumb, it's not for me. Yeah I technically suck a lot more at free aim, but it makes PVP gunfights more drawn out and free roams not so trigger happy.  Unfortunately I will not be continuing the online portion of this game unless free aim lobby's are added. I hope that those of you who are speculating that it was left out for the beta are right...

(I have submitted feedback about free aim to Rockstar's suggestion page and you should too!)

Gnostic_Believer
5 hours ago, Raavi said:

Since I don't fancy myself a masochist, I don't see the point of straining my thumbs to aim a virtual gun when the game was designed with auto-aim in mind. But if you genuinely prefer manoeuvring your thumbs in unnatural positions in the hopes of getting on target even to moving a mouse to exactly where you want to aim, more power to ya. But for me, it's just sh*t. Yeah it might take skill, but so does defecating from a height aiming at a small target on the ground, that doesn't mean that I have any desire to do it. I'll wait for the PC version to experience handling a gun on a game as it should be. 😉

To each, his own. I don't consider moving my thumbs, to be some insane masochistic straining action. The point and click shooting of a M&K, just isn't fun for me. Nor this lock-on aiming. Nor is Mario Kart with auto steering, or auto acceleration. I want to win shootouts by having better aim, not locking on first. Sometimes the lock-on doesn't even work, too. 

But yeah, do your thing. That whole stereotypical, elitist, attitude, seems to work just fine for many PC gamers.  But what do I know, I'm just a dude who likes to aim virtual guns, with my non-virtual thumbs. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I am taking the rest of the night to practice sh*tting into a small target, from an extreme height. Like I said pardnar, I like a challenge. ;)

Moosease
22 minutes ago, Moosease said:

I'm done. I tried to stay positive and embrace the auto aim but I just can't bare it. It makes showdown game play shallow, and free aim [roam] too trigger happy. It's simply just too easy to down someone. I get that most people might prefer to use auto aim, that's fine, we shouldn't be arguing which one is better because it's down to our own reasoning as to how we like to play the game and it should be an option. Also this is a console game, why are we talking about PC and mouse and keyboards? Anyway, it's just unfortunate that this is the first Rockstar game since GTA 4 that I have been forced to use AA in order to stay competitive in PVP. Run at full speed in a wild manner, and insta head shot any one you see with a flick of your thumb, it's not for me. Yeah I technically suck a lot more at free aim, but it makes PVP gunfights more drawn out and free roams not so trigger happy.  Unfortunately I will not be continuing the online portion of this game unless free aim lobby's are added. I hope that those of you who are speculating that it was left out for the beta are right...

(I have submitted feedback about free aim to Rockstar's suggestion page and you should too!)

^^^^(Fixed a big typo, no edit feature?)

Lonely-Martin
34 minutes ago, xl SENTRY lx said:

SPAM FEEDBACK-FEEL FREE TO USE WHAT I WROTE

--I always loved Free aim and I would like to see a Free roam lobby option for Free aim/Hardcore players. Not only does it add challenge but it also weeds out trolls looking for easy kills. There was a Free aim/Hardcore Free roam in RDR1 and would be more than happy to see it Return. Keep up the good work and thank you!----

Oops, you just gave them a reason to ignore you there cowboy...

They appeal to trolls to slow gaming down in order to see recurring spending appeal more. GTA:O has been at it for years and just keeps making record money with it.

Lol.

TheMckeever

The only way to fully freeaim in the mean time is to make a posse, fill it up, turn friendly fire On then fire away... People have been msg'n me

"Hey I'm in your posse, don't shoot I'm your friend/I can't lock on!?"

Tell them to man up and that it's only a gun game that doesn't have passive mode... Or a whole lot else to do other than kill each other atm

Tha-Jamz
On 11/29/2018 at 5:50 PM, Gnostic_Believer said:

Games are getting so dumbed-down (like everything else)

Especially that last part...

Ektope
On 11/29/2018 at 9:45 PM, pro24 said:

A Mouse and keyboard is the far superior choice when it comes to fps and rts type games. RDR online needs free aim asap.

When I play with sniper, the carcana and rolling back snipers. Or even using scope with vermint. It's difficult to aim. It even gets to the point that snipers aren't usable easily in most wanted or shootout. I'd rather use a mouse when sniping.

Tha-Jamz

Mkay lets see what Rockstar said...

IGN: Aside from the obvious - the 21st-century setting/vehicles/tech/etc - how will this experience be different from Grand Theft Auto Online?

Josh: One of the biggest differences between GTA and Red Dead universes is that you’re often speeding through or flying over a GTA world, whereas in Red Dead Redemption the change of pace elevates the intimacy of the overall experience. Like the single player game’s story of Arthur Morgan, we want people to settle into their online characters and feel like every activity makes sense for the character, the setting and the time. This should feel intimate and personal while still feeling fun and action-packed from moment to moment.

We’ve tried to take the best elements and best content packs from Grand Theft Auto Online and use them for templates for what we are making here. We feel Grand Theft Auto Online really only found its feet creatively with Heists. That pack, along with After Hours, The Doomsday Heist, Gun Running and a few others represent the best of Grand Theft Auto Online, and provided the template for what we wanted to use here, (not in terms of content, obviously, but how they combined narrative, gameplay, modes and other content into a cohesive thematic whole) alongside all of the elements we liked from the old Red Dead Redemption multiplayer.

IGN: What have you and the rest of the team learned from your experiences launching / designing / updating / supporting Grand Theft Auto Online?

Josh: The biggest problem with the original Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer was that every update we released fractured the audience. As the game got bigger, we separated our player base. Avoiding this was the inspiration behind Grand Theft Auto Online – we are obsessed by keeping the audience complete and experience beyond perpetual. Beyond this, after lots of trial and error (!!!), we feel we have found a way to make multiplayer games that feel like Rockstar experiences, combining personality, gameplay, style, narrative and variety into the packs. That did not really begin to happen until we released the first Heists pack. Our aim this time is to hopefully get there a bit more quicker, but still be responsive to what people enjoy playing and evolve as we go.

Here is the complete Q&A: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/19/red-dead-online-devs-reveal-first-details

Oh and this:

Red Dead Online is an evolution of the classic multiplayer experience in the original Red Dead Redemption, blending narrative with competitive and cooperative gameplay in fun new ways. Using the gameplay of the upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2 as a foundation, Red Dead Online will be ready to be explored alone or with friends, and will also feature constant updates and adjustments to grow and evolve this experience for all players.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60579/Red-Dead-Online

Yeah right..., this is al blablabla to me...

Edited by Tha-Jamz

IamCourtney

As far as RDR1's audience becoming fractured, I think they're referring to the fact that in that case it was all paid DLC which didn't allow people who hadn't bought it to play with those who had. Separate free aim lobbies doesn't quite fracture the audience the same way, if I want to play with someone who autoaims I can just change my settings, or vice versa.

Tha-Jamz
57 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

As far as RDR1's audience becoming fractured, I think they're referring to the fact that in that case it was all paid DLC which didn't allow people who hadn't bought it to play with those who had. Separate free aim lobbies doesn't quite fracture the audience the same way, if I want to play with someone who autoaims I can just change my settings, or vice versa.

Might be true, but ive only put this up here to show what they said, maybe this could be usefull in this discussion.

Do we want another GTA clone in western style ? i dont...

Could this fracture the community if they do make it so ?

Gallows

I’ve tried playing with the lock on aiming, but the game is so boring and dull. Every single encounter feels exactly the same LT, flick stick, RT. It’s such a shallow and bland gameplay; like a damn mobile game.

The next thing is that griefing is made so much easier with the lock on, because you can instakill people and instantly catch them with the lasso. Freeaim is not really hardcore - you will most likely die a lot less and get griefed a lot less. When you do decide to engage in PvP there is a chance to actually have fun and have some proper shootouts where people hide behind cover and bullet whistle by.

the lobbies from the original game are perfect.

Normal, Friendly and Hardcore (although another name may be better, because it’s really not).

Edited by Gallows

IamCourtney
34 minutes ago, Gallows said:

I’ve tried playing with the lock on aiming, but the game is so boring and dull. Every single encounter feels exactly the same LT, flick stick, RT. It such a shallow and bland gameplay; like a damn mobile game.

I've given autoaim a try in Showdown as well and the mobile game comparison is apt. It has a certain appeal for 20 minutes or so but then I've pretty well exhausted the full depth of the experience and move on without much desire to return.

1 hour ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Do we want another GTA clone in western style ? i dont...

I don't either, but there are still a lot of base level design aspects whose lessons can be applied to RDO, and I think Free Aim Only sessions is a pretty clear lesson.

Tha-Jamz
3 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

I've given autoaim a try in Showdown as well and the mobile game comparison is apt. It has a certain appeal for 20 minutes or so but then I've pretty well exhausted the full depth of the experience and move on without much desire to return.

I don't either, but there are still a lot of base level design aspects whose lessons can be applied to RDO, and I think Free Aim Only sessions is a pretty clear lesson.

I agree, but i ment a 1 on 1 copy is not the way i want.

P.T.
On 11/29/2018 at 6:20 PM, Moosease said:

I'm done. I tried to stay positive and embrace the auto aim but I just can't bare it. It makes showdown game play shallow, and free aim too trigger happy. It's simply just too easy to down someone. I get that most people might prefer to use auto aim, that's fine, we shouldn't be arguing which one is better because it's down to our own reasoning as to how we like to play the game and it should be an option. Also this is a console game, why are we talking about PC and mouse and keyboards? Anyway, it's just unfortunate that this is the first Rockstar game since GTA 4 that I have been forced to use AA in order to stay competitive in PVP. Run at full speed in a wild manner, and insta head shot any one you see with a flick of your thumb, it's not for me. Yeah I technically suck a lot more at free aim, but it makes PVP gunfights more drawn out and free roams not so trigger happy.  Unfortunately I will not be continuing the online portion of this game unless free aim lobby's are added. I hope that those of you who are speculating that it was left out for the beta are right...

same, as much as i love rdr2, i can not bring myself to play online until there is free aim. Those showdown matches are just a joke and annoying when 90% of shots are all just headshots and 1 shot and your dead. Even if i do it, it feels weak. I can not enjoy it. So its free aim , or ill be sticking with pubg ( which actually is free aim only thankfully)

Gallows

Use the rockstar feedback page and just keep telling them we want freeaim lobbies with no blips. 

P.T.
4 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Use the rockstar feedback page and just keep telling them we want freeaim lobbies with no blips. 

yeah i def have, question is , will they listen to us ?? I hope so , but until it actually happens, im not touching this game online again .

afriendlyreddot

i tried auto-aim once, it's almost harder than free-aiming for me because of that god awful snap. annoying af when i come across a post here where someone's talking about "running" a lobby knowing damn well the game is aiming for them. good job flicking that left stick bud you're a real natural..

sad.

Gallows
2 hours ago, P.T. said:

yeah i def have, question is , will they listen to us ?? I hope so , but until it actually happens, im not touching this game online again .

I’ve not played much the last couple of days. I think if people who want freeaim stop playing they will notice. It is after all not a tiny part of the community. Spread the word.

TyrionV

I fully expect free aim lobbies to arrive when the game in full drops.

They’ve still to add all the gaming modes you would expect, missions, more freeroam events etc etc.

What we have now is the bare bones to allow them to get things running properly. 

There’s really no need to worry. Pretty much everything on this forum that folk are asking for will be with us soon enough I’d bet.

If gambling was allowed;)

Gallows
11 minutes ago, TyrionV said:

I fully expect free aim lobbies to arrive when the game in full drops.

They’ve still to add all the gaming modes you would expect, missions, more freeroam events etc etc.

What we have now is the bare bones to allow them to get things running properly. 

There’s really no need to worry. Pretty much everything on this forum that folk are asking for will be with us soon enough I’d bet.

If gambling was allowed;)

I am almost certain that you are right. I just think they should add freeaim lobbies as soon as possible, because it’s such a core element of gameplay for some people and testing it would be great. I am however worried they haven’t even touched it in an announcement.

Lonely-Martin
2 hours ago, Gallows said:

I’ve not played much the last couple of days. I think if people who want freeaim stop playing they will notice. It is after all not a tiny part of the community. Spread the word.

Totally agree, same for PvE guys too of course, lol. Stick it to the man. 🤣

(Be honest, you knew I would 😂😂).

Dream-_-Traveler

I knew rockstar was gunna cater to the casuals. God forbid that a better skilled player starts sh*tting on others. I respect auto aim until it ruins the REAL SHOOTERS experience. No I'm not okay with some basic scrub being on par with me because the game wants to promote "fairness" . I spent my years honing my aim on all games just for rockstar to dumb down the shooting all around? Nah screw that. Maybe casuals shouldn't have shootouts and stick to the basics like horse riding towards the sunset or auto aiming cows. 

El Diablo 702

Lets all just b patient. If gta had all the different lobbies so will this game.  I think they r just trying to patch any glitches that come about.  R* is not about to turn their back on a vast player base whatever we all might b. Players from all aim types or lobby interest buy cash cards n they’re not goin to miss out on that kind of profit. Although if they put everything in public lobbies only, they will lose a huge player base. 

pro24

fully anticipating Free Aim lobbies in the future, right Rockstar? right? 

SaturdayNight

have a vert restricted auto aim to kinda mimic an assisted free aim to get me more accustomed to free aim and still ended up having to go full retar--- i mean full auto aim. And guess what it was still a agame of who can hold Aim and fire fast enough or in the case that they dodge press aim and fire again!! Everyone in their is a sharshooting terminator and it sickens me!! Very unfun and does not promote a healthy learning curve.

Im no hardcore man but at least i can have comfot in someone not having the handeye coordination of God!! 

Gallows
30 minutes ago, SaturdayNight said:

have a vert restricted auto aim to kinda mimic an assisted free aim to get me more accustomed to free aim and still ended up having to go full retar--- i mean full auto aim. And guess what it was still a agame of who can hold Aim and fire fast enough or in the case that they dodge press aim and fire again!! Everyone in their is a sharshooting terminator and it sickens me!! Very unfun and does not promote a healthy learning curve.

Im no hardcore man but at least i can have comfot in someone not having the handeye coordination of God!! 

Aim lock is incredibly hardcore. Once you have it down you almost never make mistakes and get your headshot in a split second. It’s dumb gameplay. In freeaim even if you’re good you will make mistakes, you will have a much harder time while your enemy moves and while you move. You cannot easily pop from cover and instakill someone running. Freeaim is not the hardcore  option.