1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

FelixTheBarber20

NO SEPERATE FREE AIM LOBBIES (HARDCORE MODE)

TankGirl
15 hours ago, pootflute said:

Just tried one of the PVP modes, it's absolute garbage with auto-aim. Everyone hits their first shot. What is the point? Might as well play Chutes & Ladders.

Right? Like here I am running around free aiming it and others are locking onto to me, flicking up their stick for the head shot and taking me out with one unmissed bullet, what is the fun in that? Im not saying everyone was using auto but its pretty obvious who was using it and it was pretty much just about everybody. I did come across a few I could tell wernt and we had a fun gun fight.

Also I agree with what the other poster said about how we need just a free aim lobby no partial free aim like in GTAO because thats how it was on there. 

Edited by TankGirl

Gnostic_Believer

Just wondering, if everyone says Fortnite is a kids game, what does that make a game with lock-on aiming?

R* is really hurting themselves. Turning a lot of gamers away with these choices. Gamers like a challenge, but this lock-on crap, creates such a low skill ceiling, that many gamers won't even try it. Probably even more do try it, then see how boring it gets, and never come back.

I guess this leaves us with CDPR. Hopefully the spirit of greed, takes much longer to reach them over there. 

1 minute ago, TankGirl said:

Right? Like here I am running around free aiming it and others are locking onto to me, flicking up their stick for the head shot and taking me out with one unmissed shot, what is the fun in that? 

Also I agree with what the other poster said about how we need just a free aim lobby no partial free aim like in GTAO because thats how it was on there. 

Yup.

People seem to forget, GTAO never even had a true free aim lobby. I hope whoever has more ambition than me, makes that distinction when they pass this complaint up the chain. 

On 11/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, Raavi said:

It has only been out for a few hours. Just turn on auto-aim. Free aim on console is sh*t anyway.

Free aim on consoles isn't sh*t, lol. I actually prefer it to a M&K. Takes a bit of skill. Yeah it's easier to play Guitar Hero than an actual guitar. Also much less fun for me. 

And we aren't even talking about stick vs. mouse, we are talking about lock-on aiming. And there is NO other type of aiming, that is as lame, as lock-on. I'd rather aim with a Wii-mote, than this autoplay. If I wanted to watch a game play itself, I'd watch one of those Ritlin'd up Youtubers play. 

Games are getting so dumbed-down (like everything else), do we really need to lose one of the greatest benefits gaming has to offer, eye hand coordination?

TankGirl
18 hours ago, GN 92 said:

Free aim sucks, only good when playing on the PC

thats the truth, deal with it fellas.

Well first off im not a "fella" but anyways free aim can be very enjoyable in my opinion in RDR as long as you take the time to get use to it and actually learn how to use it. I am a bit of a nerd and take my virtual online western gun-slinging seriously so auto aim puts a damper on that. I like how free aim adds a more realistic element to gun fights. 

GN 92

Okay didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry.

TankGirl
3 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

Okay didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry.

LOL its fine I am not offended. Why dont you give free aim a chance? its actually fun. On gtao I didnt play free aim  much because any lobby I went into people just RPG spammed or marksman danced anyways.  However in this game I was actually looking forwards to it.  

Edited by TankGirl

GN 92
Just now, TankGirl said:

LOL its fine I am not offended. Why dont you give free aim a chance? its actually fun. On gtao I didnt play free aim  much because any lobby I went into people just RPG spammed or marksman danced anyways.  However in this game I was actually looking forwards to it.  

Well I guess that's the problem, I tried free aim with GTAO and it was chaos. I will give it a try in RDR2 single player and then online to see how I'll react.

Rotary

Idk why they still push that auto aim crap, Its not 2001 we can aim just fine with a controller.

fejkb
31 minutes ago, afriendlyreddot said:

At what level did you unlock the perk and have you tested the effectiveness of it yet?!?!?!

It's locked at 50lvl ;)

xl SENTRY lx

So someone suggested this in another "Free aim" thread here but....

Go to this link

RDR2:Online Suggestion/Feedback

Go to 

Suggestion-Gameplay-Free Roam-Other

Copy what I wrote

------------

I always loved Free aim and I would like to see a Free roam lobby option for Free aim/Hardcore players. Not only does it add challenge but it also weeds out trolls looking for easy kills. There was a Free aim/Hardcore Free roam in RDR1 and would be more than happy to see it Return. Keep up the good work and thank you!

------------

Raavi
57 minutes ago, Gnostic_Believer said:

Free aim on consoles isn't sh*t, lol. I actually prefer it to a M&K. Takes a bit of skill. Yeah it's easier to play Guitar Hero than an actual guitar. Also much less fun for me. 

And we aren't even talking about stick vs. mouse, we are talking about lock-on aiming. And there is NO other type of aiming, that is as lame, as lock-on. I'd rather aim with a Wii-mote, than this autoplay. If I wanted to watch a game play itself, I'd watch one of those Ritlin'd up Youtubers play. 

Games are getting so dumbed-down (like everything else), do we really need to lose one of the greatest benefits gaming has to offer, eye hand coordination?

Since I don't fancy myself a masochist, I don't see the point of straining my thumbs to aim a virtual gun when the game was designed with auto-aim in mind. But if you genuinely prefer manoeuvring your thumbs in unnatural positions in the hopes of getting on target even to moving a mouse to exactly where you want to aim, more power to ya. But for me, it's just sh*t. Yeah it might take skill, but so does defecating from a height aiming at a small target on the ground, that doesn't mean that I have any desire to do it. I'll wait for the PC version to experience handling a gun on a game as it should be. 😉

?!=+_-

If only there was a way to put us all together in the same lobby and it worked. So free aimers and AA in the same lobby but the free aimers have a badge or different colour and the AA people also have to free aim us but can AA other AA players. But let's be real, they'd get rekt and complain how much they suck and it's unfair :cool::*(

Gallows

Free aim con console is awesome. People actually miss shots :)

?!=+_-

Free aimers are like rally drivers, auto aimers are like scaletrix drivers. I'm too old to play kids toys.

Also mouse and keyboard is the most uncomfortable way of playing a game, it's not even designed for gaming like a controller is.

Edited by ?!=+_-

afriendlyreddot

idk, something about playing a game centered around outlaw gunslingers but having the aiming being done for you seems counter-intuitive to me.

iddqdvie

freeaim might be sh*tty on controllers but its the fact that others cant kill you on sight with the ease of pressing a button. 

it adds alot of atmosphere and gameplay is very different compared to autoaim. every random encounter is completely different!

even though i suck at it and hate it i, do prefer the gameplay resulting from it.

xl SENTRY lx
1 hour ago, afriendlyreddot said:

At what level did you unlock the perk and have you tested the effectiveness of it yet?!?!?!

6YEyy15.jpg

iddqdvie
2 minutes ago, xl SENTRY lx said:

6YEyy15.jpg

wtf, 20 dollars? are u saving up for something? lol

Edited by iddqdvie

afriendlyreddot

20 dollars and only active during dead eye??? i'll pass but if this is R* idea of satisfying free-aimers they can go sit on a cactus..

xl SENTRY lx
3 minutes ago, afriendlyreddot said:

20 dollars and only active during dead eye??? i'll pass but if this is R* idea of satisfying free-aimers they can go sit on a cactus..

That's how much $$ I have....Read the card and it unlocks at rank 50.

afriendlyreddot
1 minute ago, xl SENTRY lx said:

That's how much $$ I have....Read the card and it unlocks at rank 50.

Yeah I overlooked the 20$, but I'm pretty sure when you add a new perk card it takes something like 50$ from you. It says it's only active during dead eye unless I'm missing something. Not upset with you, just hoping this doesn't become R*'s dogsh*t excuse for "free-aim".

Pressure Drop
2 hours ago, Raavi said:

Since I don't fancy myself a masochist, I don't see the point of straining my thumbs to aim a virtual gun when the game was designed with auto-aim in mind. But if you genuinely prefer manoeuvring your thumbs in unnatural positions in the hopes of getting on target even to moving a mouse to exactly where you want to aim, more power to ya. But for me, it's just sh*t. Yeah it might take skill, but so does defecating from a height aiming at a small target on the ground, that doesn't mean that I have any desire to do it. I'll wait for the PC version to experience handling a gun on a game as it should be. 😉

If you play games on PC, you are still "straining" your fingers and wrists. Of course PC is more accurate aiming, but RDR2 is not out on PC. So that is just irrelevant, and also very dismissive of people who have taken the time to learn free aim and are actually excellent at it. Watch youtube videos of respected free aimers in GTA for example, they would piss all over the majority of mouse/keyboard users. Bemoaning consoles and saying how you're not gonna bother with the game until it comes to PC, well, who cares? You're just going to miss out and be left behind on probably one of the best games ever made. And probably run into story spoilers before you get to play it. That's your loss.
Rather than comparing skilled free aimers to "defacating from height", surely it would be better in this situation to just say nothing, otherwise you just come across as a generic rude PC Mastuh Race-type person.

Gallows

Everyone says free aim is better on PC because it’s easier. It’s worse on PC because it’s easier. You miss more shots even when you become good at free aim and it’s just some much better shoot outs. Aiming with a mouse is too easy and straight forward. Very much prefer a controller and the skill requirements that presents. As long as everyone is using the same system.

afriendlyreddot

"Please bring back Hardcore lobbies for players over the age of 13 and those of us adults who don't suffer from some form anti-social personality disorder whom need to lock onto everything around them. Lobbies with only free-aim(no free-aim assist), removed player blips on radar unless the player moves or shoots, etc. The fact that auto-aim and free-aim players have to play together seems like a huge overlook on your behalf, or maybe you guys really don't care about actual gamers anymore and think it's appropriate to charge 400$ for a repeater, with the average missions netting players with maybe 5$ at a time. That is after you spent all your ammo and healing supplies which need to be bought for 5$ each as well.

Kudos!"

That was the original message I intended on sending to R* but of course they don't want to see criticism from anyone intelligent enough to write more than a tweet so I had to delete over half of it. Sadly, I don't think R* can see past the incoming wave of money they're about to make once million's of parents' credit cards start bleeding due to micro-transactions. I hope it gets better for my fellow free-aimers but the outlook is bleak at best.

Edited by afriendlyreddot

Raavi
17 minutes ago, Pressure Drop said:

If you play games on PC, you are still "straining" your fingers and wrists. Of course PC is more accurate aiming, but RDR2 is not out on PC. So that is just irrelevant, and also very dismissive of people who have taken the time to learn free aim and are actually excellent at it. Watch youtube videos of respected free aimers in GTA for example, they would piss all over the majority of mouse/keyboard users. Bemoaning consoles and saying how you're not gonna bother with the game until it comes to PC, well, who cares? You're just going to miss out and be left behind on probably one of the best games ever made. And probably run into story spoilers before you get to play it. That's your loss.
Rather than comparing skilled free aimers to "defacating from height", surely it would be better in this situation to just say nothing, otherwise you just come across as a generic rude PC Mastuh Race-type person.

I'm not though, because it's the exact same actions I use to respond to you right now. Unless you use a console controller for a living, it's objectively less strenuous than mouse and keyboard. As said though, I have no desire in the slightest "to learn" sh*t in a game. Games are nothing but entertainment. I want to pick it up and have a good time, mouse and keyboard allows me to do this on PC, auto-aim allows me to do this in on console. See, I don't particularly care for the whole console vs pc discussion, both have their merits, I have played and still play both. I also don't particularly care for those who put the time in to "learn" a skill that nets them absolutely nothing. I mean, unless you manage to monetise it on YouTube or whatever, then fair play to you. But that's personal preference.

Oh and I understand the confusion, but I have in fact already played, and completed the game on console, on auto-aim. Had a great time doing so. I just pose, that if gun handling is what I'm after, I'll wait for PC.

Lonely-Martin
2 hours ago, Raavi said:

More an eyesight thing for me. And I just know I'm crap. I Don't need that challenge.

Though the two must be split. Too much abuse already for my liking. I didn't create that crap, thanks R*.

1 hour ago, xl SENTRY lx said:

6YEyy15.jpg

Yep, I'm f*cked once cash glitches come then. (I misread too, lol).

Edited by Lonely-Martin

DentureDynamite
3 hours ago, TankGirl said:

I'm all for free aim on consoles (I fully support the rationale), but growing up on Atari 2600 joystick gaming, I can't get used to them at all. lol

I have a PS4 Slim, but I'm really just waiting for the PC version to come out so I can use a mouse and keyboard for on-foot combat and horse riding.

Flying in GTAO though was perfectly matched for use with a controller--Logitech's Cordless Rumblepad 2 is (IMO) the next best thing to the PS4 controller. :)

Edited by DentureDynamite

Gallows
36 minutes ago, Raavi said:

I'm not though, because it's the exact same actions I use to respond to you right now. Unless you use a console controller for a living, it's objectively less strenuous than mouse and keyboard. As said though, I have no desire in the slightest "to learn" sh*t in a game. Games are nothing but entertainment. I want to pick it up and have a good time, mouse and keyboard allows me to do this on PC, auto-aim allows me to do this in on console. See, I don't particularly care for the whole console vs pc discussion, both have their merits, I have played and still play both. I also don't particularly care for those who put the time in to "learn" a skill that nets them absolutely nothing. I mean, unless you manage to monetise it on YouTube or whatever, then fair play to you. But that's personal preference.

Oh and I understand the confusion, but I have in fact already played, and completed the game on console, on auto-aim. Had a great time doing so. I just pose, that if gun handling is what I'm after, I'll wait for PC.

Not playing at all gives a much greater health benefit than the switch from free aim to auto aim 😂

I just like to play the game not just watch it. For me aiming is a respectable component of shooting, so I prefer when players have to aim. Plus the gameplay is sh*t with lock on imo.

Edited by Gallows

Enchilada

Guys, this isn’t about free aim being better than auto aim. It’s about having to lock onto anything in your line of sight like npcs, horses, animals etc. it’s better to have %100 control. 

IamCourtney

Surely we can all agree that there's no good reason for Free and Auto not to be separated, regardless of which we each prefer? 

afriendlyreddot

I know I jest a bit about auto-aimers being "filthy casuals" and what not, but we're not asking for red dead to be primarily free-aim but instead for separate lobbies. Nothing wrong with someone who enjoy games without putting in a whole lot effort, that's essentially what they're designed for. However there are some of us, like myself, whom enjoy a bit of a challenge and like to know that when they land a well timed headshot it was actually them who landed it and not the game. It's a level of gratification that I can really only relate to my times going after secondary bosses in Dark Souls games. 

After a few hours of purposely placing myself in death matches to see how I stack up against auto-aimers I can attest that it is possible to be competitive but not without level 1000 Buddha satchels of patience. Most free-aimers are not as self destructive as myself and it is ridiculous to assume that they should just get used to coexisting with YOU FILTHY AUTO-AIM CASUALS!

pun.