Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

FelixTheBarber20

NO SEPERATE FREE AIM LOBBIES (HARDCORE MODE)

Recommended Posts

FelixTheBarber20

Why is there not seperate lobbies for auto aim and free aim? In every game you have had a free aim only or hardcore mode (RDR1) so that players who domt like to auto aim can be competitve with each other. Free aim is a HUGE community on gta v and this is a complete nonsense way of doing things. We domt like to auto aim and are already being trolled by people who can lock on while we are free aiming. Please include free aim lobbies STAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheMckeever

Hopefully just cause it's in beta, don't see why they wouldn't include it seeing as the fps2 settings aren't there for people zigzagging like in GTA online.

 

Bought the game looking forward to Freeaim TDMs mostly, how I've missed em on rdr1!

Edited by TheMckeever
Extra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raavi

It has only been out for a few hours. Just turn on auto-aim. Free aim on console is sh*t anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enchilada

Guys chill, it was the same on rdr1. They will added soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

On the one hand, this is a less-than-12-hours-old Beta, so no need for anybody to freak out quite yet. Perfectly plausible that they might want everybody being processed the same way by the servers at first to test capacity, and autoaim is the default setting which the majority of players will be using once it goes fully launched.

 

On the other hand, there's the off chance that they might actually intend to have everybody together with autoaim enabled. Might as well make it known that we want Free Aim ASAP. What's the harm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoodedstalker

Rockstar has made a huge mistake in red dead redemption 2, they did not separate players by aim type.

 

This means that if you play with free aim that you will be put in the same game as auto aim no skill casual trash.

 

GTA 5, original RDR, and even GTA 4 had separate servers for each aim type. They have failed to do this in red dead redemption 2.

 

If you are angered by this, you are not alone. I feel your pain my brothers and sisters. Upon discovering this last night I immediately contacted Rockstar support with this message:

 

"To say that I am extremely dissatisfied and disappointed is an understatement. I absolutely hate Auto aim in video games, but this game does not separate players by aim type. Instead it forces you to play with people using auto aim which means you don't stand a chance against them otherwise. Make the aim types lock you into different player pools or people like me won't play the game. I was really looking forward to the online for this game until now. GTA 5 did this right, how is it that you over looked something so simple? I am sorry, but this is the way I feel and there is only one way to make it right. I even bought the ultimate edition of this game to get the online bonuses and now I can't play it the way I want without an extremely unfair advantage of other players not using free aim. I hope this issue is addressed promptly."

 

The response was this:

 

Aaron T. Aaron T. 2569 Answers • 100% Helpful

 

Hey there, Aaron here,

Any bugs you find or any suggestions or ideas you have can be left at the link below and the appropriate people with take a look. Leave all the info under Feedback, not bug report

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

 

I went to the link he left and left several feedback posts under different categories all with one message in mind, SEPARATE PLAYERS BY AIM TYPE.

I need you all to go and do the same, the more attention this gets the faster this will be corrected.

The next step is leaving 1 star Google reviews of the game citing the same issue in the review.

 

Please, in the words of John Marston, I implore you to take action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enchilada

As an experienced player, that used expert aim in auto aim lobbies in rdr1, the only way to combat is to keep a good distance when firing upon a lock-on enemy. I’d say a good 80 yards will ignore lock-on. The cover system is very important this time unlike rdr1, it will stabilize your shots. Most players use shotguns in point blank situations, let them approach you first if you’re ambushed around corners. Take advantage of the bow, it’s op. Yes, you will die a lot but you’re practicing. Other than that, rank up asap. Or conform to auto aim in case  free aim servers will not return. 

Edited by Enchilada
Not good with yard dimensions maybe less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spukin

tbh im not even loading to rdr2 if they dont add seperate lobbies for FA. Im dead serious about it.. im old enough not to care about mp that much, and when i see all the aiming mixed together i prefer to buy another game after i finish sp (like resident evil2 hell yeah) and avoid this cancer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pootflute

Auto aim is trash, what's the point of a shooter when you don't even have to aim? Here's hoping free aim lobbies are coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

 

Quote

 

Hey there, Aaron here,

Any bugs you find or any suggestions or ideas you have can be left at the link below and the appropriate people with take a look. Leave all the info under Feedback, not bug report

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

 

I just tried this (141 characters total), and it refuses to submit to Rockstar with the error:

 

"Field `content` should be at most 500 characters. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
On 11/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, fejkb said:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

 

I highly suggest all of you guys to spam their feedback website about player markers and free aim lobbies

I just go to the bitch and moan thread and copy and paste each post into the feedback box.

10 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

 

I just tried this (141 characters total), and it refuses to submit to Rockstar with the error:

 

"Field `content` should be at most 500 characters. "

get rid of spaces. Copy it to notepad first, to remove tabs and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spukin

you all remember how rockstar care about feedbacks right? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoodedstalker

If enough people submit feedback it will be addressed, it only takes a minute so try to be a part of the solution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92

Free aim sucks, only good when playing on the PC

 

thats the truth, deal with it fellas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?!=+_-
4 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

Free aim sucks, only good when playing on the PC

 

thats the truth, deal with it fellas.

The truth is you guys don't have the patience or skill and don't want to learn. Like saying driving sucks, self driving cars are much better because you're too lazy to learn a skill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92

Don’t get me wrong, I love to drive, manual transmission especially.

 

but having to adjust an analog stick to shoot a virtual target sucks for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?!=+_-

Back in 09 I thought the same then I played with free aimers on GTAIV and got used to it and never want to go back. 

Edited by ?!=+_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pootflute
2 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love to drive, manual transmission especially.

 

but having to adjust an analog stick to shoot a virtual target sucks for me 

It might suck for you, but some of us have been playing shooters on console for many years and are quite good at it. I turn off auto-aim on all games because it's annoying to have the game take control away from you. I want to point where I tell it to point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92

Okay got the idea, sorry for the mess up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
afriendlyreddot

and to think this whole time we were looking forward to hardcore lobbies, no player blips, free-aim only no free-aim assist nonsense, separate lobbies for the filthy casuals. how dare i dream so big!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pootflute

Just tried one of the PVP modes, it's absolute garbage with auto-aim. Everyone hits their first shot. What is the point? Might as well play Chutes & Ladders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoodedstalker
14 hours ago, pootflute said:

Just tried one of the PVP modes, it's absolute garbage with auto-aim. Everyone hits their first shot. What is the point? Might as well play Chutes & Ladders.

I know, it's like it's been geared toward little kids and casuals. I really hope this is only a part of the beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pressure Drop
On 11/27/2018 at 7:12 PM, FelixTheBarber20 said:

Why is there not seperate lobbies for auto aim and free aim? In every game you have had a free aim only or hardcore mode (RDR1) so that players who domt like to auto aim can be competitve with each other. Free aim is a HUGE community on gta v and this is a complete nonsense way of doing things. We domt like to auto aim and are already being trolled by people who can lock on while we are free aiming. Please include free aim lobbies STAT

 

Whilst I absolutely agree with you that free aim and auto aim should be seperated and not able to join the same lobby, I do have to correct you and a couple of others who are saying that Free Aim lobbies were a thing in GTA Online. They were never a thing, and that is why I am so angry about Red Dead not having seperate lobbies also.
There were 4 control settings in GTA Online:

-Assisted Aim (Partial)

-Assisted Aim (Full)

-Free Aim

-Free Aim (Assisted)

 

The top 2 settings would be put together in the same lobbies. But the bottom 2 were also the same lobby. Considering that Free Aim (Assisted) is basically the same thing as Partial assisted aim, it completely ruined it, as you could get assisted free aimers in the same lobby as you. You can tell if they are using assisted free aim too, because the job payout screen gives slightly less XP to the assisted aim players. The only way to ensure you will play against other honest free aimers in GTA Online is to have an organised crew or friends who you can trust to actually set the proper Free Aim setting. Otherwise, randumbs will just choose Assisted Free Aim.

I can't believe they have done it again in RDR Online, if seperate lobbies does not come after the beta finishes I will be extremely angry. Assisted Aim is pretty useless to me, there is no skill involved in pressing LT and flicking the stick up slightly for a headshot. It was fine in story mode, but for PVP, free aim is the only way to go IMO, and they should certainly not have both players merged together into one lobby.

Edited by Pressure Drop
additional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
afriendlyreddot

i've submitted myself to playing online, through the grinding and especially through the lack of diverse lobbies. At this point I figure a free-aimer going against auto-aimers is about as good as it gets in regards to practice.

 

pray for me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pressure Drop
17 hours ago, GN 92 said:

Free aim sucks, only good when playing on the PC

 

thats the truth, deal with it fellas.

 

Free Aim sucks, says the guy who prefers the little "thumb flick headshot" because he can't be bothered to learn to use a controller. Facepalm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92

Hahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P.T.
19 minutes ago, Pressure Drop said:

 

Whilst I absolutely agree with you that free aim and auto aim should be seperated and not able to join the same lobby, I do have to correct you and a couple of others who are saying that Free Aim lobbies were a thing in GTA Online. They were never a thing, and that is why I am so angry about Red Dead not having seperate lobbies also.
There were 4 control settings in GTA Online:

-Assisted Aim (Partial)

-Assisted Aim (Full)

-Free Aim

-Free Aim (Assisted)

 

The top 2 settings would be put together in the same lobbies. But the bottom 2 were also the same lobby. Considering that Free Aim (Assisted) is basically the same thing as Partial assisted aim, it completely ruined it, as you could get assisted free aimers in the same lobby as you. You can tell if they are using assisted free aim too, because the job payout screen gives slightly less XP to the assisted aim players. The only way to ensure you will play against other honest free aimers in GTA Online is to have an organised crew or friends who you can trust to actually set the proper Free Aim setting. Otherwise, randumbs will just choose Assisted Free Aim.

I can't believe they have done it again in RDR Online, if seperate lobbies does not come after the beta finishes I will be extremely angry. Assisted Aim is pretty useless to me, there is no skill involved in pressing LT and flicking the stick up slightly for a headshot. It was fine in story mode, but for PVP, free aim is the only way to go IMO, and they should certainly not have both players merged together into one lobby.

This person brings up a great point. When giving feed back , please make sure you make it a point to let them know ,that not only do you want free aim, but also that you do NOT want free aim assisted. Or as he points out with gta v it makes it about pointless really. We need soley dedicated free aim only lobbies and matches. So make sure to put that in your feed back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fejkb

I really hope there will be free aim lobbies as I found dead eye perk allowing you to become untargetable (also removing aim assist vs players as long as it's activated)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
afriendlyreddot
2 minutes ago, fejkb said:

I really hope there will be free aim lobbies as I found dead eye perk allowing you to become untargetable (also removing aim assist vs players as long as it's activated)

At what level did you unlock the perk and have you tested the effectiveness of it yet?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.