4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA LAUNCH

Lonely-Martin
14 hours ago, Jason said:

Game is broke atm. DC's, severe crashes, falling through the map. That's enough for today I guess, tomorrow might be rough when the floodgates open.

It's begun. But I'm peppering Sony now, lol. Hope they call R* and tell 'em to address connectivity. ;)

ZOMars

First time trying to login and im stuck in loading screen photo slideshow loop. The traffic must be overwhelming servers?

The4420
8 minutes ago, ZOMars said:

First time trying to login and im stuck in loading screen photo slideshow loop. The traffic must be overwhelming servers?

I quit the game, loaded it up and it worked okay. Still lots of disconnections but hopefully you can get in.

ZOMars

Yes this helped me to login, feels good 😄

screemingEagle
2 hours ago, Mrs. Buzz said:

loot every enemy in the turtorial - I came out with close to 200 bullets for each weapon, some jewellery, potions and arround 20+$. Also hunt, hunt, hunt as long as you want. You'll lose the pelts on the horse but you keep the other stuff in your inventory. Same for the flora. Gives a good start before you're lost in the warzone :D

you don't lose the pelts on your horse.  What probably happened to you is that your horse was not standing close enough to the butcher.  I had that happen.  Mine was across the street and the pelts sitting on the back of the horse wouldn't show up in the inventory to sell.  I moved him closer and was able to sell them.

Dr.Rosenthal

A bit troubling with all these game crashes.. I’ve had few troubles up until late last night, when, while I was playing with friends, my game suddenly just crashed. Tried to get back on and it worked for a bit, but then it promptly crashed again. Three times it happened, I submitted video footage so hopefully it’s fixed. I’m guessing I’m far from the only one who’s had this?

Rashkovskys Shiv
25 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

A bit troubling with all these game crashes.. I’ve had few troubles up until late last night, when, while I was playing with friends, my game suddenly just crashed. Tried to get back on and it worked for a bit, but then it promptly crashed again. Three times it happened, I submitted video footage so hopefully it’s fixed. I’m guessing I’m far from the only one who’s had this?

I'm on Ps4, and this is the smoothest beta of any game I have played in the last 5 years,no crashes, everything works, no game breaking bugs and no forever loading games. 

Props to Rockstar. 

That said they need to hurry up and add more PVE content that pays well and make a way for us to avoid long travels to start them, not everyone enjoys pvp. 

SoLowko
11 minutes ago, Rashkovskys Shiv said:

I'm on Ps4, and this is the smoothest beta of any game I have played in the last 5 years,no crashes, everything works, no game breaking bugs and no forever loading games. 

Props to Rockstar. 

That said they need to hurry up and add more PVE content that pays well and make a way for us to avoid long travels to start them, not everyone enjoys pvp. 

You must be lucky. Today I've crashed about 5 times in a hour and half and just gave up. Friend of mine saying that there were a lot of crashes yesterday evening as well. Hopefully it gets fixed ASAP.

RyuNova

When does the BETA end?

Today or is it until R* decides?

IamCourtney

Been quite smooth for me as well, had one full crash and two or three disconnects but not much else aside from some spawning bugs and graphical anomalies.

I'm optimistic. Content is kinda sparse at the moment but I like what's there, aside from all aim settings being mixed together. I get the feeling there's more stuff waiting to be rolled out over the rest of beta.

2 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

When does the BETA end?

Today or is it until R* decides?

They said it could take several weeks/months, so I guess they're leaving it pretty open-ended. Not today though.

RyuNova
5 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

They said it could take several weeks/months, so I guess they're leaving it pretty open-ended. Not today though.

Nope, done then. Unless we get weekly updates with stuff unlocked then its not for me. Sea of Thieves had more content and a better gameplay loop than this on release.

TiberiusMcQueen

I've been disconnecting so often that I can't even call the game playable, has a bad habit of happening just I'm about to actually try and do something, yesterday I got a disconnect right as I was about to sell a perfect buck carcass and hide, lost both of them when I rejoined a new session, hope we get some server stability sooner rather than later.

Erased

This is the first Beta for any game I've participated in, does anyone know typically how long these betas last before it goes into full-online mode? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I didn't want to make a whole new thread just for one silly question.

Dr.Rosenthal
42 minutes ago, Rashkovskys Shiv said:

Props to Rockstar. 

29 minutes ago, SoLowko said:

You must be lucky. Today I've crashed about 5 times in a hour and half and just gave up. Friend of mine saying that there were a lot of crashes yesterday evening as well. Hopefully it gets fixed ASAP.

+ a few of the other posts on the same topic

I'm on Ps4 too, and apart from the crashes that started happening yesterday everything's been working fine for me too - though I have no way of knowing if the crashing is because of the game software or some network error that results in crashing the application.

As it stands I don't know whether I should get online and try and play for a bit or just leave it. When it crashed last night me and three buddies were just about to finish a Stranger mission. It's just annoying to have the game crash and lose progress..

Disconnecting doesn't seem to be a big problem for me, but I have friends with not-so-good internet connections, and naturally they seem to have more problems with disconnecting, plus they keep teleporting all over the place, mic's occasionally breaking up etc..

Overall though, I'm also quite optimistic. I agree that the content is kind of sparse but what can you expect during the first few days? I had just hoped that I could stay online and finish off as many missions as possible, do some hunting, get me some money and rise through the ranks - basically strike while the iron is hot and get a head start in as much capacity as possible. I'll try meet up my friends in a bit, and if it crashes I'll turn to GTAO for a bit instead...

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

TiberiusMcQueen
5 minutes ago, erased said:

This is the first Beta for any game I've participated in, does anyone know typically how long these betas last before it goes into full-online mode? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I didn't want to make a whole new thread just for one silly question.

It's impossible to know, R* has said it could be anywhere from several weeks to several months. We have no clue what R*s specific plans are for changing and adding content as the beta progresses or what state they want the game to be in when/if they officially launch.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

RyuNova

I just realised something.

Get this...

R* is drip-feeding us content for RDR2. Stuff that should be in the game at launch like Poker, Bounties etc is being drip fed to keep people coming back.

Emmi
11 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Get this...

R* is drip-feeding us content for RDR2. Stuff that should be in the game at launch like Poker, Bounties etc is being drip fed to keep people coming back.

drip-feed *GTAO* flashbacks/nightmares! I'm already looking forward to years of drip-feed newswire articles! NOT

Jason

Dripfeeding can be good if done right. Releasing new content every week or two is great, releasing a new horse every week or two would be bad.

Emmi
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Dripfeeding can be good if done right. Releasing new content every week or two is great, releasing a new horse every week or two would be bad.

NEWSWIRE NIGHTMARES ... 5 years we've seen drip-feed articles, please nooooooo.

Jason

What would you rather them do? Not support the game? This is how online games have been supported for a long, long time lol. Big updates with smaller updates spread out inbetween to help fill the time.

Emmi

I rather want them do 'normal' multiplayer again and not follow GTAO. I rather want them release a couple big updates over the course of 1 year and then stop support and move on.

RyuNova
10 minutes ago, Jason said:

What would you rather them do? Not support the game? This is how online games have been supported for a long, long time lol. Big updates with smaller updates spread out inbetween to help fill the time.

Everything the Single Player had in it plus stuff they have learned from GTAO then do large updates every few months.

Golgotha666
39 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Get this...

Lol 'Drip fed'. 

You obviously didnt play the first game, otherwise you would know that Poker was added with the Liars & Cheats DLC. 

RyuNova
5 minutes ago, Golgotha666 said:

You obviously didnt play the first game, otherwise you would know that Poker was added with the Liars & Cheats DLC. 

So what you are telling me is that something that was eventually in the first game eight years ago has been held back again to be put in at a later date? I don;t think you understand...

Smokewood
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

Nope, done then. Unless we get weekly updates with stuff unlocked then its not for me. Sea of Thieves had more content and a better gameplay loop than this on release.

He means they will be slowly adding content until done.

It's not like they have 100% content ready and only are making 5% available.

I think this is all they have and they will develop and push it out as they go.

Jabalous

I've just shut down my PS4 after the game disconnecting me from the servers two times while almost completing a Stranger mission. I stole the horse that Trelawny asked for from the Braithwaite, and then a message appeared that rival players can the steal the horse from me, but apparently no other players were in the lobby since this type of missions transports the player to a private session. Anyway, I was disconnected when I almost had the horse delivered, and I suspect that it happened when the servers detected that I was playing in an empty lobby and wants to force me to go back and join a full lobby. I think it's the case because most connection issues happened to me during these missions.

Edited by Jabalous

Lonely-Martin
23 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Everything the Single Player had in it plus stuff they have learned from GTAO then do large updates every few months.

They learned with GTA:O that players cream themselves on tunabowl Tuesday's and with DLC. It's going to be the same and to expect other is a fools errand.

They used that game to curate this way. That's it.

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording was poor.

Golgotha666
12 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

So what you are telling me is that something that was eventually in the first game eight years ago has been held back again to be put in at a later date? I don;t think you understand...

Where did Rockstar state every feature from RDR 1 online would be in RDO? Oh, thats right. They didn't. 

If you have played RDR 1 & GTAO and STILL bitch about how stuff is implemented into their online systems, thats your fault. It's been the same since 2010. We had to PAY for poker back then and we didnt bitch. 

If the game upsets you so much you have to post on MULTIPLE topics on a forum, then quit playing until it adds something you like.

Edited by Golgotha666
Grammatical error

RyuNova
2 minutes ago, Golgotha666 said:

Where did Rockstar state every feature from RDR 1 online would be in RDO? Oh, thats right. They didn't. 

If you have played RDR 1 & GTAO and STILL bitch about how stuff is implemented into their online systems, thats your fault. It's been the same since 2010. We had to PAY for poker back then and we didnt bitch. 

If the game upsets you so much you have to post on MULTIPLE topics on a forum, then quit playing until it adds something you like.

Gotta love keyboard warriors...

If my posts upset you enough where you need to call me out for them then quit reading them until I post something you like.

Smokewood
2 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Gotta love keyboard warriors...

If my posts upset you enough where you need to call me out for them then quit reading them until I post something you like.

lol