Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA LAUNCH

Recommended Posts

Tampinha85

As for now, freeroam is a war zone, at least in the sessions im playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zzmorg82
3 hours ago, Tampinha85 said:

As for now, freeroam is a war zone, at least in the sessions im playing

And it'll only get worse in 14 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
53 minutes ago, Tampinha85 said:

As for now, freeroam is a war zone, at least in the sessions im playing

Especially with lock on aiming it’s horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drizzi_b
3 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

No KD in this game it looks like? I see player kills but not a ratio.

Thank god maybe some of those warriors and tryhards will leave then. But they probably won't, lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheExclusiveMan

Any idea when the game goes live for october 26th players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
12 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Especially with lock on aiming it’s horrible.

 

And the cowards shoot you in the back too. I'm hoping for some serious law enforcement on Live sessions who will hang the bastards without a trial for murder by shooting someone in the back. And players who do and escape the law should get an unremovable huge yellow spot on their belly.

If this game turns into another PvP sh*tfest, good luck to R*, but count me out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

Snitches get stitches

 

Honestly though.... who actually uses the report function?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zzmorg82
3 hours ago, TheExclusiveMan said:

Any idea when the game goes live for october 26th players?

8:30AM EST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
45 minutes ago, McGhee said:

 

And the cowards shoot you in the back too. I'm hoping for some serious law enforcement on Live sessions who will hang the bastards without a trial for murder by shooting someone in the back. And players who do and escape the law should get an unremovable huge yellow spot on their belly.

If this game turns into another PvP sh*tfest, good luck to R*, but count me out.

It’s also stupid that your honour decreases when you kill a player who shoots first at you or have already killed you and is red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin
11 minutes ago, Gallows said:

It’s also stupid that your honour decreases when you kill a player who shoots first at you or have already killed you and is red.

Just like in SP

Quite stupid for getting bad honor for self defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fluffy Sock

MTU settings here we go....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DSandvik

Is it not possible to create a private session just for yourself and a couple of friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Francisco
3 minutes ago, DSandvik said:

Is it not possible to create a private session just for yourself and a couple of friends?

Nope, not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sandereas

Does anybody know if all the progress is lost you made in the beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
8 hours ago, McGhee said:

 

And the cowards shoot you in the back too. I'm hoping for some serious law enforcement on Live sessions who will hang the bastards without a trial for murder by shooting someone in the back. And players who do and escape the law should get an unremovable huge yellow spot on their belly.

If this game turns into another PvP sh*tfest, good luck to R*, but count me out.

Did they find a way to prevent solo sessions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, kenmy13999 said:

Did they find a way to prevent solo sessions? 

 

I don't know. Beta is probably really limited to only public sessions to either stress test or test matching for freeroam missions. I'm not seeing much else added which could be tested in the online world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Sandereas said:

Does anybody know if all the progress is lost you made in the beta?

 

Most likely. UE owners get faster leveling to rank 25 as a perk for buying UE and several other advantages. If beta takes a month, most will have exceeded rank 25 by far and void the perks. I’m counting on several resets, before a gold release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nik0hue

Do I count as a day 1 player if I log into social club now? Still haven't connected the accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sandereas
2 minutes ago, McGhee said:

 

Most likely. UE owners get faster leveling to rank 25 as a perk for buying UE and several other advantages. If beta takes a month, most will have exceeded rank 25 by far and void the perks. I’m counting on several resets, before a gold release. 

Ahhh oke thanks man! Oh really that long? Thought it was just this week. Good to know. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Francisco
8 minutes ago, nik0hue said:

Do I count as a day 1 player if I log into social club now? Still haven't connected the accounts.

Probably not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExplodingSquid

Sincemy EB store f*cked up my pre-order I've got to try again tonight...so  3 hours and 30 minutes to go! (Assuming next round is on at the same time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
11 hours ago, Tampinha85 said:

As for now, freeroam is a war zone, at least in the sessions im playing

Got a good group together yesterday and we did some gaming shooting each other. The difference when everyone is using free aim and first person is mind blowing. So much better. Better gameplay and not the same issue with getting gunned down easily from across town. Even with the blips it wasn’t too bad, although the blips do make camping too easy and we have those stupid stand offs where no one wants to leave their corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
8 hours ago, Fluffy Sock said:

MTU settings here we go....

If you get it working please share.

 

I tested MTU lowering for around an hour and either got errors and couldn't load in or I loaded into normal lobbies with other players.

 

I tried 630, which, for me, works every time in GTAO. Didn't work. Tried 700 and increased it by 25 with every failure until I reached 1000. 1000 did work, but was a full lobby.

 

I did some further tweaking, 980, 950, 925 and 900, all failed accompanied by an error code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fluffy Sock
12 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

If you get it working please share.

 

I tested MTU lowering for around an hour and either got errors and couldn't load in or I loaded into normal lobbies with other players.

 

I tried 630, which, for me, works every time in GTAO. Didn't work. Tried 700 and increased it by 25 with every failure until I reached 1000. 1000 did work, but was a full lobby.

 

I did some further tweaking, 980, 950, 925 and 900, all failed accompanied by an error code.

Jeez, sounds bad.

 

I start to play today, I'll try. 

 

EDIT: Nah, tried 800, error. Tried 1200, crowded lobby. The workaround would be somewhere else this time.....

Edited by Fluffy Sock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, Fluffy Sock said:

Jeez, sounds bad.

 

I start to play today, I'll try. 

I found something interesting, but it could be an anomaly.

 

Went into the stable in Valentine this morning to get away from a camper. I just stayed in there while I went to get some coffee, breakfast and have a smoke.

 

Came back half an hour later and the lobby had emptied, and it stayed empty for around an hour, when I had to quit playing.

 

The yellow story mission markers stopped appearing on the map, but all freeroam missions that I tried, 5 of them, worked. 

 

I even got the award for doing 4 freeroam missions in 1 in game day during this time.

 

I haven't had chance to try and replicate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tampinha85
44 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Got a good group together yesterday and we did some gaming shooting each other. The difference when everyone is using free aim and first person is mind blowing. So much better. Better gameplay and not the same issue with getting gunned down easily from across town. Even with the blips it wasn’t too bad, although the blips do make camping too easy and we have those stupid stand offs where no one wants to leave their corner.

after that i actually managed to find a posse and had a great time. This game has a horrible economy system (they went full EA on this one) and many many problems but it shines when you play with others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999

Anyone knows when it will be available for the people that get it today? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
2 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Anyone knows when it will be available for the people that get it today? 

At a guess I'd say around 13:30 UK time, same as it became available yesterday.

 

But I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenmy13999
11 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

At a guess I'd say around 13:30 UK time, same as it became available yesterday.

 

But I don't know.

Yh, that's probably a good estimate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.