3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA LAUNCH

Lonely-Martin

Just curious guys, can we host jobs like showdowns and bring friends/posse members only into them?

Really want that MVP trophy, and don't want to take a pounding to get lucky on a fairly empty one is all. 

Also, is is just showdowns that count towards this trophy or do races, as I'll just try to kill all instead of race.

(Yep. Gaming it).

kenmy13999

^ Haven't found any opinion to host but would like to know also. Would be nice to be able to choose an activity without having to go in to the series 

Jason

Butcher camping is one of the highest forms of video game scumbaggery that I've ever seen man. PvE servers when.

DEADWOODZ

Ok...so the varmint rifle is acc op, if you land em headshots pvp matches can be a breeze. Steaming through the ranks now almost at 32!

Jason

I hit 30 for the lures and I cba grinding exp any more for a bit. Too slow, too repetitive, especially with how the PvP playlists are all lumped together. Hope they make some changes there to help the grind, seems like the only way to really power through is the last mission execution cheese.

Emmi

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here wondering ... Why are you all destroying the experience with grinding EXP, money, etc.???

I do enjoy RDO and I don't grind anything ... I'm just participating in the free-roam events, doing showdown matches every now and then, a few races here and there and the rest I fill with side-missions and being an outlaw in a community that don't want us no more. You mostly meet me in New Austin. :)

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Emmi said:

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here wondering ... Why are you all destroying the experience with grinding EXP, money, etc.???

I do enjoy RDO and I don't grind anything ... I'm just participating in the free-roam events, doing showdown matches every now and then, a few races here and there and the rest I fill with side-missions and being an outlaw in a community that don't want us no more. You mostly meet me in New Austin. :)

Because trolls have ruined any experience possible.

dairyworker

I am only just hit 11 this morning before work   lol  gonna take me a long time, which is fine, i still am not sure ow much of this i am gonna play. Have probably put in 5 session of 1-2 hours each. Some series matches then try freeroam.  Tbh each time has been a bit better than the last, weather thats me or the people i have come accross who's to say.

Jason
3 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Because it's fun? Unlocking stuff, making money, buying things That's part of the experience too, ya'know.

Emmi
Just now, Jason said:

Because it's fun? Unlocking stuff, making money, buying things That's part of the experience too, ya'know.

Grinding is fun, he??? You even said it isn't fun.

Also you don't need to grind at all to buy things ... apart from the stuff that is locked behind gold-bars ... but I hope R* does fix that soon.

Red Dead Online: OT [We are griefers in a community that don't want us no more]

DEADWOODZ

That’s the main reason I’ve been going at pvp, it can be repetitive of sorts...but knowing that I’ll be able to get me next gun or w/e keeps me going, ya know?

Jason
Just now, Emmi said:

Grinding is fun, he??? You even said it isn't fun.

Yea it gets boring but when you're in the mood for some grinding it's fun. I've done a ton of exploring and goofing about too.

1 minute ago, Emmi said:

Also you don't need to grind at all to buy things ... apart from the stuff that is locked behind gold-bars ... but I hope R* does fix that soon.

No one is buying multiple guns playing only PvP or free roam events. The game will always have an element of grind to it, it's a progression based online game.

Let people play the game how they want, as long as they aint griefing or exploiting then they're well within their rights to do what they want how they want.

Emmi

As long as R* delivers on ponchos properly soon I'm happy. Ponchos that aren't locked behind level 99 and 10 gold bars. LOL

I also hope that they add more free-roam events, they are hilarious fun and chaotic at times.

Edited by Emmi

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Red Dead Online: OT [We are griefers in a community that don't want us no more]

Didn't want you in the first place.

Bottom of the barrel bub.

Emmi
Just now, Lonely-Martin said:

Didn't want you in the first place.

Bottom of the barrel bub.

True!

Lonely-Martin
7 hours ago, Emmi said:

True!

Fair play. (And clearly I was rattled, sorry).

Edited by Lonely-Martin

IamCourtney

I love/hate griefers for keeping things interesting for me, but until I can be sure they're using the same aim system as me I'm avoiding others as much as possible in free roam lol

Shane_Dbns

Save us free aim users from this Auto Aim hell, Rockstar.

Why are we still here? Just to Suffer?

Jason

Lure fishing is so comfortable. $100 every 30 mins give or take with a bit of luck. $200/hr really is the sweetspot (or least, it shouldn't be significantly less) IMO, I hope that's what they aim for with the other modes.

IamCourtney

God bless ya if you've got the patience but if you told me I'd get a guaranteed free voucher good for any item at the end of an hour straight fishing it'd still be a hard sell for me...

I get a few casts in here and there while waiting for friends or whatnot and I like it well enough but deep down I'd rather just chuck a lit dynamite into the river and gather up whatever lands nearby XD

Jabalous

Apparently some visual effects were excluded form Online, such as the dust storms in Armadillo and beyond. I've been there many times and I've yet to encounter one, but sure it can be fun if it kicks during PvP modes in the desert since the storm really reduces the field of view. The same thing goes for the blizzards in the Grizzlies, which I've not encountered in my experience so far. Overall visual effects have been nerfed a little compared to single player as far as my eyes are concerned. Also some physics effects aren't applied, like when you crash your horse into a rabbit or a deer, they don't trigger the same animations that they do in single player. I'd say that these missing effects make the world feels more static, and it emphasizes how incredible such details are when they're built into a game, but I understand why it could be difficult to get them working right in Online. Surely they'd not have removed them if they were stable, but it'd be nice if they figure out a way to implement them in a future patch. 

Edited by Jabalous

Jason

Yea, no dust storms or blizzard from what I've seen, which is a shame but maybe they can add them in later. I feel like that's the only thing they've touched weather wise though, you still get the amazing atmospheric thunderstorms, fog, mist, etc etc. It's impressed me how they retained so much of the atmosphere from the SP in RDO cause that wasn't the case with GTA V and O. The main difference is the lack of NPC's in towns which is understandable but again, maybe hopefully something they can improve in the future.

Lonely-Martin
14 hours ago, Jason said:

Lure fishing is so comfortable. $100 every 30 mins give or take with a bit of luck. $200/hr really is the sweetspot (or least, it shouldn't be significantly less) IMO, I hope that's what they aim for with the other modes.

Makes me jealous, lol. Fishing is my bag so much but it's just been an uphill struggle. Maybe I've got a troll magnet in my satchel somewhere, buggers!

DrKrankenstein
49 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Makes me jealous, lol. Fishing is my bag so much but it's just been an uphill struggle. Maybe I've got a troll magnet in my satchel somewhere, buggers!

skin em and sell em boah

Lonely-Martin
Just now, DrKrankenstein said:

skin em and sell em boah

Not even got a rod yet, lol. 

Maybe later if I can be arsed with the crap, but with a patch/fix soon things change and I get more freedom out there to be left alone. ;)

But Yeah, love my fishing in story. And been reading folks tops here too so looking forward to it really. :)

DrKrankenstein
5 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Not even got a rod yet, lol. 

Maybe later if I can be arsed with the crap, but with a patch/fix soon things change and I get more freedom out there to be left alone. ;)

But Yeah, love my fishing in story. And been reading folks tops here too so looking forward to it really. :)

i plan on fishing for weeks,a wild west fisher boah

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, DrKrankenstein said:

i plan on fishing for weeks,a wild west fisher boah

If they do right here, I'll be going for years, lol. The fishing and hunting really are awesome additions to the franchise. Just hoping the beta phase is why we have no lobby choice, beyond that, I'm set for a very long time indeed. Really is an absorbing world. 

XxJazzy42xX

Fishing is ok. Hunting is my thing though, but I'm over hear like a crack addict waiting for survivals though...cause I can do those all day. Until then I have to make pvp players the victims of circumstance. 

Jason

A survival mode would be great for sure. It'd be a good and honest way to earn exp.

Lonely-Martin
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

A survival mode would be great for sure. It'd be a good and honest way to earn exp.

I love that in Minecraft so much, lol. Really was hoping that this game could pull me from that game, you know?

If they add peaceful sessions, I'd be tempted to just start over as my character isn't the best and I'm not attached to it like I am in GTA, though with GTA I've had years to grow used to my dude over there.

Seeing a thread mention potential mining too, only adds to the dream. :)