3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Van_Hellsing

Since this weekend I get booted from online a lot. Gang hideouts do start. If I finished killing the whole gang, it will not register as finished. 

If I get a wanted level in Van Horn, it will disappear suddenly. 

My guess is that Rockstar is making preparations for the new update. 

Sessions do feel quite empty. A lot of players seem to have given up and moved to greener pastures. Getting disconnected all the time is frustrating. 

BUT THE BENZ

well, I just got disconnected during the one stranger mission I got to start in the last hour or so.

this is official tR*olling. okay then, no more extra cash on goldbars

ThaBirdCoot
1 minute ago, Van_Hellsing said:

Since this weekend I get booted from online a lot. Gang hideouts do start. If I finished killing the whole gang, it will not register as finished. 

Yes, in my experience the hideouts and enemies spawn are present but you can not see their blips on the map and upon finishing everyone off there's no usual 150xp bonus. The kill or spare doesn't apear as well.

GTP_Monkey
11 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Today hasn't been fun. I've turned the game off 3 times so far due to constant harassment by low ranks.

No matter how often I've changed session it seemed as though every sub lvl 30 wannabe freeroam warrior just couldn't resist taking a shot at me.

It's so tiresome being forced into the choice of playing a certain way or lobby hopping until you find a more chilled out session.

Its getting to be a real problem I never shoot first and its getting bad now when you pass a player who waves then pops one in the back of your head. by the time you respawn they have jumped lobbys. I hope this new system makes them carry a red icon across 

Dr.Rosenthal

F*ck this game today, I ain’t even trying.

Wake me back up when R* has got their sh*t together and made something playable.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

GTP_Monkey
Just now, Dr.Rosenthal said:

F*ck this game today, I ain’t even trying.

Wake me back up when R* has got their sh*t together and made something playable.

Dont think R* can do much about low level 1 kill cowards who jump lobbys unless they carry the red icon or could they maybe have just closed game ? in that case the red icon should stay at least till they logged on again for some time

Dr.Rosenthal

@GTP_Monkey Oh, yeah no I’m on about the broken game. I’ve been trying for the last two days to hunt or fish but the wildlife is either non-existent, brain dead (won’t take bait) or otherwise f-d up.

And Stranger missions don’t ever start. I’ve had maybe two missions work in the last two days out of many many tried and everytime a mission fails to load the session is broken for me as then I can’t fast travel or try another mission trigger.

Without fishing, hunting or missions, why the hell am I even playing? It’s just looking at an animated landscape at this point. f*cking useless.

Tbh, other players are my least worry. I even stood beneath the bridge right in the middle of the road in the Dakota river just trying to fish last night and several posses just rode past.

But anyway, I think you’re right with the point you’re making - aggressive players should show up as aggressive even if they try and jump session.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

ThaBirdCoot

Sooo, apparently we get a 2xp bonus for a kill (just got 12xp for killing a buck) but everything else like strangers are still broken. Way to go R*

GTP_Monkey
1 minute ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Sooo, apparently we get a 2xp bonus for a kill (just got 12xp for killing a buck) but everything else like strangers are still broken. Way to go R*

That needs a patch and hopefully that will be one of the issues they will address next tuesday 

Ektope

So I decided to try out being overweight for the -7.5% damage absorption. But the penalty of +7.5% stamina drain is shocking. It's probably gonna be the number 1 problem in tall trees when I need to run a marathon.

BUT THE BENZ
2 hours ago, GTP_Monkey said:

That needs a patch and hopefully that will be one of the issues they will address next tuesday 

have they even acknowledged this issue (stranger missions glitch) ?!

I ask, because they haven't lost a single syllable about STUBBLES not working! and this issue is known since day1! R* knows, because the "invaluable" feedback has been there since day1, just like the bug!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

coach_wargo

Aren't there always issues with GTAO just before an update too? It seems they start prepping servers for the updates and things go sideways on them. 

GenericGTAO

The game is a hot mess.  For the 2nd day in a row, there are no animals.  My horse doesnt even want to spawn.  There ar no npcs.  I see driverless wagons.  I am just collecting jewelry.  I can still sell it a fence, but cant sell herbs at the doctor.

BUT THE BENZ

why dont they test stuff on isolated/private R* servers? isn't that how it's done?

coach_wargo
1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

why dont they test stuff on isolated/private R* servers? isn't that how it's done?

DentureDynamite

I'm still getting the same Playstation-identified crashes and disconnects (and report them every time with screenshot)... was going to play for an hour or so last night, but after a crash about 10 minutes into a game (losing everything on my horse), I gave it the virtual middle finger and headed for YouTube instead.

Honestly, there is no excuse for the whole Rockstar "meh" attitude in regards to this game. And that's what worries me.

The feeling is rapidly becoming mutual.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Rafae S

Rockstar when they were developing Red Dead Online: 

Lol if you thought GTA Online was a breeding ground for sh*tf*cks wait until you see what we have in store with Red Dead Online

Barney-Stinson-Evil-Laugh.gif

Ryan5252

I really believe that most of this trouble lies at the door of Take Two and not Rockstar. Rockstar make decent games, Take Two want money for shareholders. They have no interest in the final product only quarterly reports. They, and they alone are responsible for this half developed fart of an online "experience" we all going through. Gold microtransactions  so early is proof of that.

I'm sure Rockstar directors get an email from Take Two big wigs every Monday morning and thinks "aw f**k me, he can't actually be serious"

Edited by Ryan5252

tonko
7 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

Rockstar when they were developing Red Dead Online: 

Lol if you thought GTA Online was a breeding ground for sh*tf*cks wait until you see what we have in store with Red Dead Online

Barney-Stinson-Evil-Laugh.gif

RDR was supposed to be a franchise for mature players, well atleast the first one was. But they took GTA route.

Assblaster

This game is a perfect example of how not to run an online game. Nobody that plays it is happy with it at all, not even me (and I'm easy to please). Everything is broken; the game design is a mess that nobody likes; there's no content whatsoever (and what there is, is flawed, e.g. clipping issues with clothes, horses that are all basically the same, barbers that make you look like a clown, butchers that steal); only a few weapons to choose from; players spawn in the worst possible spots; game modes nobody likes, with no player choice at all; the only "fixes" aren't bug fixes but nerfs; and it's a grief-fest. I'm doing my damnedest to make the most of it, as I love the genre...but it's damn near impossible.

ShadowlessDevil
54 minutes ago, tonko said:

RDR was supposed to be a franchise for mature players, well atleast the first one was. But they took GTA route.

Can't wait for invite only lobbies

Assblaster
47 minutes ago, tonko said:

It's GTAO minus the good stuff GTAO has, like separate lobbies, decent content, ways to make good money, missions that actually work...oh yeah and fun. 

BobDyl
25 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

This game is a perfect example of how not to run an online game. Nobody that plays it is happy with it at all, not even me (and I'm easy to please). Everything is broken; the game design is a mess that nobody likes; there's no content whatsoever (and what there is, is flawed, e.g. clipping issues with clothes, horses that are all basically the same, barbers that make you look like a clown, butchers that steal); only a few weapons to choose from; players spawn in the worst possible spots; game modes nobody likes, with no player choice at all; the only "fixes" aren't bug fixes but nerfs; and it's a grief-fest. I'm doing my damnedest to make the most of it, as I love the genre...but it's damn near impossible.

You put it exactly right. Could not have said it better. Only thing keeping my faith in the franchise at all is jumping back to single player. Online is hot steaming garbage. It's bugs galore right now, very little working right. I suspect so few are playing that the servers are often distant and lagged.

Semaj 2JZ♢

What the f*ck are you doing BTS, R*, you f*cking numbskulls? How can your game just fall to sh*t, literally overnight? Nothing is working. No horse when I whistle, no quick join, no xp, no f*cking animal are spawning. Oh, but you can take my money to fast travel though, can't ya? f*cking pricks.

There needs to be heavy repercussions for bullsh*t like this...

Van_Hellsing

Dr-Evils-Laughing.gif

When RDR2 crashes when I am a few feet from the butcher... 

Right now it is a better time to farm xp than for money. Just ride around and shoot it if it moves. Do not bother to pick it up. 

Let me put on my tin foil hat. Griefing, not preserving the load of your horse, the scarcity of butchers, fostering pvp, even the disconnections, it's a way of throttling. This is what you get if games are made for investors and not for players. Turning players into payers. 

I noticed that if you dare say something critical, some fanboy will come along, downplaying the whole mess. Denial is not a river in Egypt. 

Red Lynx 23

Today the quick join story missions work, and I'm racking up XP. But free roam has been disconnection hell, and no animals spawning in online, when I am short on big game meat and animal fat. The latter can still be acquired from pigs in Valentine, or at flatneck station. Maybe big game meat if I can get an On The Hunt stranger mission to work. 

Larcen
1 minute ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Maybe big game meat if I can get an On The Hunt stranger mission to work. 

I wonder if there's still the SUPER-CHILL animals that spawn north of Armadillo/Twin-Rocks (en route to Guarma)?

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

You guys with the "no game animals" need to reset your consoles and clear the KAM memory. It won't fix the missions starting or stupid hideouts, but I have plenty of game to hunt.

ThaBirdCoot

I did clear my cache, changed mtu and dns, open forwarded ports, reset my router, even tried going from a dif ip adress nothing fixes anything at all. Youdoesnthavetocallmenoobs if animals don't spawn they don't simple as, there is nothing on your end you can do about it. Just saying. R* f*cked up

Red Lynx 23
2 hours ago, YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay said:

You guys with the "no game animals" need to reset your consoles and clear the KAM memory. It won't fix the missions starting or stupid hideouts, but I have plenty of game to hunt.

They non-dangerous animals still appear in story missions just fine. After getting to the last objective in If The Hat Fits, the other two players on that missions and I went on a short hunting expedition to increase our payout and xp.