4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Dr.Rosenthal
26 minutes ago, Ektope said:

When I press down left on RS right stick on weapon loadout. I don't want tomahawk or lasso. I only have a few seconds and will only use dynamite. This gets me killed.

I think they should add the feature that GTA has where you can press right on the d-pad or swipe up on the touchpad while aiming to throw a throwable.

And also, save whatever loadout we choose on the wheel..

TheSadisticOwl

They broke the f*cking explosive bow's spawn in Name Your Weapon. Now the thing can be infinitely abused by you and your team. You can get up to 8 explosive arrows by just running over the pick-up over and over again and then you can just go ahead and massacre the other teams without a single chance of them fighting back.

Good job, Rockstar. They broke the only mode that's enjoyable to play in the sh*tty Showdown roster. I don't know how they did it considering the update is 8 days away, but they did it. Nothing but sarcastic applause.

Ektope
48 minutes ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

They broke the f*cking explosive bow's spawn in Name Your Weapon. Now the thing can be infinitely abused by you and your team. You can get up to 8 explosive arrows by just running over the pick-up over and over again and then you can just go ahead and massacre the other teams without a single chance of them fighting back.

Good job, Rockstar. They broke the only mode that's enjoyable to play in the sh*tty Showdown roster. I don't know how they did it considering the update is 8 days away, but they did it. Nothing but sarcastic applause.

It's gonna last a day or something.

Coleco

WTF is up with Valentine always being a hotbed of player activity?

No matter what time of day I'm on there's always a posse or two just sitting in there like they're paying rent

BUT THE BENZ

goddammit....last night the game just wouldn't let me play...

a) stranger missions did not start

b) too many children around, just PENG PENG left and right, annoying

c) hideouts didn't pop up even though I could see the gang standing there, smoke was rising aswell, no icon and message though!

amateuR*s....

Dr.Rosenthal

@BUT THE BENZ Yeah, last night was terrible for me too. Not a lot of PvP action, but;

1) I got 3 stranger missions to work out of maybe 20 tried

2) No animals spawned in except a bullfrog here and there

3) Even the few fish I saw just ignored my lure and swam around it

When I switched session I finally managed to pull up 10 salmon from the Dakota river, then going for trout and bass, I pulled up 9 bass and 3 trout and was real happy that at least this worked, then I got abruptly disconnected and gave up, closed the application.

Ryan5252

"Headshot by Varmint Rifle"

Words cannot express my rage when that appears.

ALifeOfMisery

Today hasn't been fun. I've turned the game off 3 times so far due to constant harassment by low ranks.

No matter how often I've changed session it seemed as though every sub lvl 30 wannabe freeroam warrior just couldn't resist taking a shot at me.

It's so tiresome being forced into the choice of playing a certain way or lobby hopping until you find a more chilled out session.

Coleco

@ALifeOfMisery I hear you dude.

I play RDO with my partner whenever we get a chance but we're already starting to get bored of the Freemode Lottery and/or sitting in camp waiting for xXxDankMemeBongLord69xXx and his posse of one to f*ck off outta town so we can sell some damn pelts

Ryan5252
33 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Today hasn't been fun. I've turned the game off 3 times so far due to constant harassment by low ranks.

No matter how often I've changed session it seemed as though every sub lvl 30 wannabe freeroam warrior just couldn't resist taking a shot at me.

It's so tiresome being forced into the choice of playing a certain way or lobby hopping until you find a more chilled out session.

I would say to do what I used to do. Just keep killing them until they leave the lobby and thus leave it peaceful, but I'd be reluctant to advise that as last time I did @Smokewood was able to give an insist into my pysche I didn't even know I had. Apparently I only did it because I was "butthurt" lol.

GenericGTAO

No animals are spawning for me today.  

Assblaster
4 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

I would say to do what I used to do. Just keep killing them until they leave the lobby and thus leave it peaceful, but I'd be reluctant to advise that as last time I did @Smokewood was able to give an insist into my pysche I didn't even know I had. Apparently I only did it because I was "butthurt" lol.

Griefers want you to fight, they want you to entertain them. Must rile 'em up when they come a good ways after me in a quiet session, only to have me switch sessions at the last second lol. I used to fight but it was getting to be a waste of valuable ammo so I quit being a source of amusement for 'em altogether.

ALifeOfMisery
23 minutes ago, Coleco said:

I play RDO with my partner whenever we get a chance but we're already starting to get bored of the Freemode Lottery and/or sitting in camp waiting for xXxDankMemeBongLord69xXx and his posse of one to f*ck off outta town so we can sell some damn pelts

I've been fairly lucky so far, in that I tend to get left alone and I can hunt in peace. But it is a lottery, one which I'd rather not have to play.

11 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Sometimes I don't mind PvP, as long as I don't have any pelts at stake I don't really care if some level 200 is killing me with express explosive or it's me owning a level 20 for taking a shot at me, 3 kills (soon to be 1) and Parley. I'd just rather have the option of what type of lobby I'm playing in.

8 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

Griefers want you to fight, they want you to entertain them. Must rile 'em up when they come a good ways after me in a quiet session, only to have me switch sessions at the last second lol. I used to fight but it was getting to be a waste of valuable ammo so I quit being a source of amusement for 'em altogether.

I think I'm going to adopt this style of play.

Larcen
16 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

Must rile 'em up when they come a good ways after me in a quiet session, only to have me switch sessions at the last second lol.

Can confirm.  This is incredibly frustrating when someone does this.

Dr.Rosenthal

Still no luck running stranger missions. As if this game didn’t feel enough boring as it is.

Doesn’t help either that when a stranger mission fails to load you’re forced to switch session because the game thinks you’re in a mission so you can’t try other missions or fast travel etc etc... Well, at least my character is overweight now from all the eating she’s done between sessions. She’ll die of obesity before she finds employment...

Larcen
2 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

She’ll die of obesity before she finds employment...

It5pprg.gif

Smokewood
55 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

If getting killed one time makes you drop everything you were doing to constantly kill someone until they leave the server, yes - you were butthurt.  

IamCourtney

It's fun to get a little butthurt sometimes. 

Rammer2k

Not sure how ending the 2x XP could cause so much bugs, but thanks Rockstar.  Can't do any Stranger Missions.  Races never load, along with hardly any animals now.

ThaBirdCoot

The only stranger missions that work right now are the thrilling mail deliveries. Everything else won't ever start. Gang hideout icons appear, enemies too but the hideout never starts either. Story missions work somehow so that's basically all you can do now along with hunting and fishing in free roam. Or you can test your luck in the spawnkill fest that are free roam events. 

Dr.Rosenthal

I can’t even hunt, and just barely fish. Was just in bluewater marsh and didn’t see so much as a frog even. Literally nothing. I give up now and switch to another game.

YNNEL

The stranger missions have now completely stopped working for me. My main source of XP. Changing sessions not resolving it either. So no progress for me today.

Ektope
1 hour ago, Rammer2k said:

Not sure how ending the 2x XP could cause so much bugs, but thanks Rockstar.  Can't do any Stranger Missions.  Races never load, along with hardly any animals now.

1 hour ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

The only stranger missions that work right now are the thrilling mail deliveries. Everything else won't ever start. Gang hideout icons appear, enemies too but the hideout never starts either. Story missions work somehow so that's basically all you can do now along with hunting and fishing in free roam. Or you can test your luck in the spawnkill fest that are free roam events. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I can’t even hunt, and just barely fish. Was just in bluewater marsh and didn’t see so much as a frog even. Literally nothing. I give up now and switch to another game.

26 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

The stranger missions have now completely stopped working for me. My main source of XP. Changing sessions not resolving it either. So no progress for me today.

I'm guessing you guys on PS4?

Not one issue on Xbox here.

BUT THE BENZ
2 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Still no luck running stranger missions. As if this game didn’t feel enough boring as it is.

duuuude, just 10 minutes ago a stranger mission started for me, but in the end it...you know....no payout no nothing!

I think that's even worse than having it not start in the first place. at least you don't sink in, WASTE, 20 minutes then.

EDIT: looking at some of the comments, it seems this weekend has been riddled with issues and it seems to drag on through the week. OUT OF SYNC sh*t. so get your sh*t together, R*

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Ryan5252
2 hours ago, Smokewood said:

If getting killed one time makes you drop everything you were doing to constantly kill someone until they leave the server, yes - you were butthurt.  

I assume because I didn't ask for it, I don't have to pay for this amazing insight to my mind? Even though it really is life changing

Edit to add; It's called "Free Roam" for a reason i.e not playing for a main purpose or objective  😂

Edited by Ryan5252

hugh750
11 hours ago, Coleco said:

WTF is up with Valentine always being a hotbed of player activity?

No matter what time of day I'm on there's always a posse or two just sitting in there like they're paying rent

for me it's blackwater (i only go there for missions but the last time i was there because the game spawned me there), i'm now level 11 and i'm a no threat and in the past two days i've been attacked by griefers.

GenericGTAO

Im on xbox...there are no animals, I mean none, except my/other players horses.  I can hear them though.  When I look at the map...the animal icons normally displayed are no longer there.  I sense a spawn nerf coming for our high dollar animals.  

Smokewood
1 hour ago, Ryan5252 said:

I assume because I didn't ask for it, I don't have to pay for this amazing insight to my mind? Even though it really is life changing

Edit to add; It's called "Free Roam" for a reason i.e not playing for a main purpose or objective  😂

Denial is not a river in Egypt 

BUT THE BENZ

the servers must be utter sh*t since the XP event. the hideouts won't start neither, switching sessions doesn't help at all. feels like we play on some outdated offline server

ThaBirdCoot

No, right now nothing fixes the issue. I restarted my router, tried with some ports suggested we should open for online play,  cleared my ps4 cache ect, the game loads fine and no disconnects right now unlike yesterday but the stuff in free roam just doesn't work. Animals do spawn though far as I'm concerned.