1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

chef_archie
5 hours ago, YNNEL said:

This bug with the stranger

missions not starting is infuriating. Get a good posse together and have to swap sessions. You can’t even go to another stranger because there all gone from the map.

Even more infuriating is knowing it won't be fixed on the 26th, based on rockstars track record.

Also you just know the new parley system will be greatly abused by scrubs that start sh*t.

Larcen
1 hour ago, chef_archie said:

Also you just know the new parley system will be greatly abused by scrubs that start sh*t.

Has Rockstar provided any details about the new parlay system?

Ektope
8 minutes ago, Larcen said:

Has Rockstar provided any details about the new parlay system?

Dr.Rosenthal
7 hours ago, chef_archie said:

I’m very worried about this, as well. They already start sh*t and abuse parley as it is.

If you start sh*t, you should get your ass smacked repeatedly so you’ll think twice about doing it again. Pure logic.

Also, I’m here to bitch about; since when is 446 x 2 = 448?

Did R* confuse the x for a +?

Ryan5252
2 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Lol + 2 RP this week!! Just when we thought they couldn't go much lower than the Tonic sale 😂

chef_archie
2 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I’m very worried about this, as well. They already start sh*t and abuse parley as it is.

If you start sh*t, you should get your ass smacked repeatedly so you’ll think twice about doing it again. Pure logic.

the real solution is a private/invite only session for players who don't want random stranger contact, and the regular sessions they have now. GTA never required passive mode, as I've never seen it used as intended in years. Parley will soon be the new passive, already a few ways around it anyway.

Dr.Rosenthal
34 minutes ago, chef_archie said:

the real solution is a private/invite only session for players who don't want random stranger contact, and the regular sessions they have now. GTA never required passive mode, as I've never seen it used as intended in years. Parley will soon be the new passive, already a few ways around it anyway.

Yeah, there definitely should be invite only lobbies, but I’d still prefer to play on public as I want stranger contact. I like battling other players but I don’t do it for no reason. Bounty hunting players who misbehaved would be ideal for me.

Anyway you shouldn’t be able to start sh*t and then go hide behind mommy when things don’t go your way. You don’t want trouble or you can’t handle trouble, you don’t start trouble. Simple.

So, yeah, I agree that passive mode is mostly abused in GTAO and probably will be in RDO as well. And it’s a shame that R* comes up with such a lazy solution..

Well, I guess we’ll see how it pans out.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Chrismads

My weekly bitchin.

I'm amazed that R still haven't fixed the thief butcher.

Even worse is that "Showdown" still exsist. I don't wanna play that piece of sh*t Name Your Weapon.

I wanna choose what game mode I'm loading in to.

I've stopped playing showdowns all together because of that terrible game mode.

rusbeckia
3 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

My weekly bitchin.

I'm amazed that R still haven't fixed the thief butcher.

Even worse is that "Showdown" still exsist. I don't wanna play that piece of sh*t Name Your Weapon.

Name your weapon is definitely the most fun showdown imo. I'm with you that we need to be able to choose the game mode. 

Chrismads
1 minute ago, rusbeckia said:

Name your weapon is definitely the most fun showdown imo. I'm with you that we need to be able to choose the game mode. 

Yes that's the main thing. That people get to choose.

Most people seem to hate Most Wanted. I like it, so let me play it and let the poor bastards play something else.

BUT THE BENZ

I NEVER intentionally do any competitive mode,  quick-joined a handful to escape griefers or simply to switch locations, stayed for a minute or so, then left.

maybe ONE day in RDO I will find joy, excitement or whatever in competitive modes, just don't care right now. the last competitive game I wholeheartedly played was Max Payne 3 online in 2012/2013. I wanted to kill all those fools in slow motion and get those kill streaks back then. It was intense and I loved it.

6 years later I'd rather do hunting, take things slow and do missions alone - and bitch and moan about how it is ruined too often by poor game design...*cough*...IMRAN...*cough*

Nerfgoth

Has R* hired agents for keeping the No fun policy? Was minding my own and checking out different stuff in a mirror while waiting for my possy leader to starting something up when I was murdered!!!

tonko
12 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Yes that's the main thing. That people get to choose.

Most people seem to hate Most Wanted. I like it, so let me play it and let the poor bastards play something else.

I like Most Wanted lately but not in Tall Trees. Everything in Tall Trees is instant leaving, PVP mode doesn't matter when i see Tall Trees. And The Lanik electrical map. 

What would i give for a Team Showdown in Armadillo and Valentine. 

Dr.Rosenthal
15 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Totally agree. My guess is they’ve made it this way to keep people from grinding the same maps over and over.

”Instead of making a fun multiplayer game filled with content, let’s just make a few lazy adversary modes (which we know from GTA, maybe 5% of players enjoy), and then let’s force all players to go through every single one, good or bad, cause that will keep ’em busy. It’ll make the game feel richer.”

Yes, R*, we know about 98% of the jobs on GTAO don’t get played, but guess what? It’s because they suck. They don’t get better by forcing us to play through all of them, and it doesn’t cover up the fact that there could be fun PvE co-operative, creative content in their place instead.

How about survivals, hm? Let me and my posse defend Fort Mercer and 20 other locations on the map from attacking NPC forces. No? Well, why? Oh, because that’d actually be fun and I’d play them over and over rather than some adversary crap.

Chrismads
24 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

How about survivals, hm? Let me and my posse defend Fort Mercer and 20 other locations on the map from attacking NPC forces. No? Well, why? Oh, because that’d actually be fun and I’d play them over and over rather than some adversary crap.

Yes survivals please! I played that none stop in undead nightmare. 

And the reward would increase the longer you survive

Nerfgoth
39 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Totally agree. My guess is they’ve made it this way to keep people from grinding the same maps over and over.

”Instead of making a fun multiplayer game filled with content, let’s just make a few lazy adversary modes (which we know from GTA, maybe 5% of players enjoy), and then let’s force all players to go through every single one, good or bad, cause that will keep ’em busy. It’ll make the game feel richer.”

Yes, R*, we know about 98% of the jobs on GTAO don’t get played, but guess what? It’s because they suck. They don’t get better by forcing us to play through all of them, and it doesn’t cover up the fact that there could be fun PvE co-operative, creative content in their place instead.

Have you posted the idea to R*?

tonko
20 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Survival mode in Undead NIghtmare was helluva fun!!! 

Dr.Rosenthal
13 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Have you posted the idea to R*?

I have. But considering we’ve gotten all of one (!) more survival for GTAO since Oct 2013 despite requests for more, doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that we’ll get a bunch of them for RDO..

I enjoy AM’s/Showdown Series from time to time but I don’t like competing all the time. Competitive modes should have 2x during weekends (i.e. fun when you’ve had a couple beers) but we really need more cooperative modes, and in my own opinion A LOT of more free roam activities in the like of VIP work (”missions”), gambling, and being able to rob stores...

etc...

etc...

The Headhunter

The disconnect from the servers is out of control for me.  I got disconnected 5 times in less than 30 minutes last night.  It is beyond frustrating.

4eyedcoupe
39 minutes ago, The Headhunter said:

The disconnect from the servers is out of control for me.  I got disconnected 5 times in less than 30 minutes last night.  It is beyond frustrating.

Try holding L1+R1 at Red Dead start up screen(the screen of the cover photo with Aurthur on PS4 that is).  Don't know if that will actually help or not but I never really had connections issues until about 2 weeks ago.  Then all of the sudden I was losing connection every 10-15 min.  I have wired connection, a really good router and high internet speeds.  I did the L1+R1 thing like GTA and haven't really had any issues since.  Could just be coincidental, no idea, but it's worth trying.

rebel-yin
7 hours ago, Chrismads said:

If we got “normal” survivals where we had to fend off NPCs, I would enjoy it and not complain. However, if I had a choice in the matter, I would love to play a survival that was more PvE based, like having to survive wild animals. Just my suggestion anyhow.

7 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I have. But considering we’ve gotten all of one (!) more survival for GTAO since Oct 2013 despite requests for more, doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that we’ll get a bunch of them for RDO..

I enjoy AM’s/Showdown Series from time to time but I don’t like competing all the time. Competitive modes should have 2x during weekends (i.e. fun when you’ve had a couple beers) but we really need more cooperative modes, and in my own opinion A LOT of more free roam activities in the like of VIP work (”missions”), gambling, and being able to rob stores...

etc...

etc...

It’s been a few years ago, but when discussing upcoming updates, rockstar actually mentioned a new survival for GTAO. I was foaming at the mouth! Then, of course, it never came. I’m sure it’s sitting on the shelf next to the Singleplayer DLC 😝

UncleScrooge

I tried RDR:Online when it first came out, was a slaughter fest so quit playing.

Returned to RDR:Online today, got my ultimate edition things, bought some (what I thought were) good guns and tried playing some missions. Got slaughtered by everyone again. The balancing in this game is way off, a close quarter headshot with my litchfield should be fatal... but does nothing. Meanwhile I get one-hit killed from a far distance by a pistol.

This game has a very toxic playerbase, which based on mic chatter consists of young white American males. Interesting.

Edited by UncleScrooge

YNNEL

Why do you slow down when riding past someone else’s camp? 

tonko
3 hours ago, UncleScrooge said:

I tried RDR:Online when it first came out, was a slaughter fest so quit playing.

Returned to RDR:Online today, got my ultimate edition things, bought some (what I thought were) good guns and tried playing some missions. Got slaughtered by everyone again. The balancing in this game is way off, a close quarter headshot with my litchfield should be fatal... but does nothing. Meanwhile I get one-hit killed from a far distance by a pistol.

This game has a very toxic playerbase, which based on mic chatter consists of young white American males. Interesting.

Mate that's the ability cards. Most of high levels have them maxed out therefore you can't kill them easily, not even with a headshot. From your post i got that you didn't played much so your level isn't high. If you want to have a chance in PVP level up and buy cards. 

I'm still waiting for new cards like "Never without 10" so that other players need to shoot me atleast 13 times in the head. Or "Too Slippery Bastard" where i would just slide and no one could aim at me. Could happen, not a matter of time, matter of gold.

But this card would be the king of all "Spawn a hand cannon while you're slippery bastard who paints black and you're never without one". Screw realism and fair play. Cards and gold is the true meaning of fun.

Edited by tonko

UncleScrooge
25 minutes ago, tonko said:

Mate that's the ability cards. Most of high levels have them maxed out therefore you can't kill them easily, not even with a headshot. From your post i got that you didn't played much so your level isn't high. If you want to have a chance in PVP level up and buy cards. 

I'm still waiting for new cards like "Never without 10" so that other players need to shoot me atleast 13 times in the head. Or "Too Slippery Bastard" where i would just slide and no one could aim at me. Could happen, not a matter of time, matter of gold.

But this card would be the king of all "Spawn a hand cannon while you're slippery bastard who paints black and you're never without one". Screw realism and fair play. Cards and gold is the true meaning of fun.

Then the ability cards need serious nerfing. Or be purchasing with gold. Higher levels already have enough advantages they don't need effective invincibility.

The only way to level up is PVP in this game, unless I'm missing something?

Edited by UncleScrooge

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, UncleScrooge said:

Thats utter BS im level 121 didn't start online till middle Dec and dont do PVP at all even in free roam and never even entered the PVP loby/session that are scattered on the map. I hunt and do the odd story or stranger missions 

Larcen
1 hour ago, UncleScrooge said:

The best way to level up is killing lawmen.

If you go down to the St. Denis docks, there's a few chokepoints where you can just setup behind cover, slaughter endless waves of cops, and rack up XP.  Headshots with special ammo make this even more lucrative.

Is it grindy as f*ck?  Yes.  Does it get incredibly boring?  Of course.  But if you had the mind to do it, you could easily reach a new level every 20 minutes (tops).

hotrats773
34 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Thats utter BS im level 121 didn't start online till middle Dec and dont do PVP at all even in free roam and never even entered the PVP loby/session that are scattered on the map. I hunt and do the odd story or stranger missions 

Quoted for truth. Level 85 here. If you absolutely own at PvP, then yes, those modes may be better for leveling. If not, def missions (story and stranger). Special ammo is a subtle change that will add XP to every kill as well.

UncleScrooge
1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

25 minutes ago, hotrats773 said:

Quoted for truth. Level 85 here. If you absolutely own at PvP, then yes, those modes may be better for leveling. If not, def missions (story and stranger). Special ammo is a subtle change that will add XP to every kill as well.

I was actually referring to freeroam when I mentioned PVP. I forgot there was other PVP-focused modes available from the menu. There is no PvE in freeroam, even hunting turns into PVP. People just can't resist.

Story missions are fine but the payout and XP is dismal.

29 minutes ago, Larcen said:

If you go down to the St. Denis docks, there's a few chokepoints where you can just setup behind cover, slaughter endless waves of cops, and rack up XP.  Headshots with special ammo make this even more lucrative.

Is it grindy as f*ck?  Yes.  Does it get incredibly boring?  Of course.  But if you had the mind to do it, you could easily reach a new level every 20 minutes (tops).

I'll try that, thanks. St. Denis is usually pretty quiet but with my luck I'll no doubt attract everyone in the lobby.

Edited by UncleScrooge

Ektope
30 minutes ago, Larcen said:

I don't know what "best" is.

The fastest way would be either Showdown Series Large, getting loads of kills and winning. Or winning 1st place in Free Roam Events like King of the Castle and getting loads of kills.

When I was Rank 415, I needed 21,900 XP to get 416. Can I really get a single level every 20 minutes? f*ck no.