4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Mac-
4 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

Once the bounty system comes you'll get money for hunting down all those bad guys.

I like the sound of that. I thought it was only AI bounty hunters that went after the bad guys/gals, when they never paid their bounty in time.

Van_Hellsing
2 hours ago, Mac- said:

One thing wrong though, you where getting negative rep for killing a griefer, that's the bit that really annoys me.

Honestly, I don't care about about the honor system. My honor is flaming deep red from cop farming and troll hunting. 

I was thinking it would act as a deterrent. The opposite seems to be true. Low levels want to take a shot at you. More meat on the table. 

In the beginning of gta, the bounty system was abused to give insane amounts of money to other players. Rockstar is reluctant with anything that will make you easy money. So I give it little chance. 

éX-Driver

Why in the hell can we not rapid-fire the pump action shotgun. The Winchester 1897 is legendary for being able to slamfire [holding the trigger down as you work a guns’ action, functionally the same as fanning the hammer on a revolver] at as high a speed as you can work the action. With skill, you could punch off all 5 rounds in less than a second. 

Also, it annoys me the Repeater shotgun/Winchester M1887 isn’t the Mare’s Leg variant. Basically they chopped the stock off to make it easier to conceal, and was notorious as a coach gun. It’s also the gun made famous in Terminator 2 when Arnie spincocks a repeater whilst riding a motorbike. That was a Mare’s Leg 1887. Thinking of it, why can’t we spincock lever guns fullstop?

Sir McTim
10 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Why in the hell can we not rapid-fire the pump action shotgun. The Winchester 1897 is legendary for being able to slamfire [holding the trigger down as you work a guns’ action, functionally the same as fanning the hammer on a revolver] at as high a speed as you can work the action. With skill, you could punch off all 5 rounds in less than a second. 

I am kinda disappointed of how slow you gotta cock the pump too since it's my go-to shotty. It could be a whole lot quicker. I did some research and found that the Pump-action has the slowest fire rate out of all the shotguns.

12 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Also, it annoys me the Repeater shotgun/Winchester M1887 isn’t the Mare’s Leg variant. Basically they chopped the stock off to make it easier to conceal, and was notorious as a coach gun. It’s also the gun made famous in Terminator 2 when Arnie spincocks a repeater whilst riding a motorbike. That was a Mare’s Leg 1887. Thinking of it, why can’t we spincock lever guns fullstop?

That'll be so Badass if that was an option, of course fire rate would be slowed but maybe give it a little damage bonus. I mean if we can cock and re-chamber the Volcanic with one hand, we can spincock. 

f4yQSr.gif

éX-Driver
20 minutes ago, Sir McTim said:

That'll be so Badass if that was an option, of course fire rate would be slowed but maybe give it a little damage bonus. I mean if we can cock and re-chamber the Volcanic with one hand, we can spincock. 

f4yQSr.gif

I’d say just make it spincock when we’ve got it drawn with a handgun. It honestly should’ve been a 1-hander like the sawed-off. Or, make it a 1-hander when dual wielded or 2-hander when solo wielded.

Ektope
8 hours ago, Mac- said:

One thing wrong though, you where getting negative rep for killing a griefer, that's the bit that really annoys me. You should have been getting positive rep for what you did, plus gold for teaching him/her the error of their way's.

When you kill them, you become a griefer yourself. So that "murder" and negative honourable seems to fit.

Viciadogames

If you kill the huskies in Manzanita Post you're f*cking evil.

Viciadogames

BTW does anybody know how to fix cloth physics on the shotgun coat? It works fine in missions but in free roam it's just stiff.

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, Viciadogames said:

hate it when players do that. i just keep dynamiting the players that do it 

chuckclc

I'm sorry, but does a place really exist that there is a dense fog advisory every freaking day of the year?  Because it sure in the hell does in rdr2. No matter what part of the map you are on.

DrKrankenstein

is it me or are the proximity based player blips activated? it sure looks that way riding out of st denis, all the blips faded as i rode further away

S1ster P1stol
5 hours ago, Viciadogames said:

If you kill any of the pets you're evil. My friend used to kill the dogs in the Division "because it gave xp". I legit cried when i accidentally ran over the dog in McFarlane ranch in RDR. 

Rammer2k

So I'm trying to do the Gold Buckle Award for clearing out 4 Gang Hideouts in a day.  Nope.  Can barely get 1, or even 2 to Hideouts to spawn.  Thanks Rockstar.

éX-Driver
3 hours ago, chuckclc said:

I'm sorry, but does a place really exist that there is a dense fog advisory every freaking day of the year?  Because it sure in the hell does in rdr2. No matter what part of the map you are on.

Humid environments are like that, regardless of air temp. It gets especially bad when it’s hot though. Where I live it can look like the Maritimes in the wee hours of the morning in January-February. So foggy you can’t see a block of flats in front of you. All it takes is high humidity and a quick temperature change, and *boom* low flying clouds.

i agree it’s a bit daft when it happens in western New Austin and the Heartlands, though. 

Edited by éX-Driver

alex1055
12 minutes ago, Rammer2k said:

So I'm trying to do the Gold Buckle Award for clearing out 4 Gang Hideouts in a day.  Nope.  Can barely get 1, or even 2 to Hideouts to spawn.  Thanks Rockstar.

Yeah those gang hideouts are unreliable, but I found this thread somewhat useful for anticipating their spawns

chuckclc
41 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Humid environments are like that, regardless of air temp. It gets especially bad when it’s hot though. Where I live it can look like the Maritimes in the wee hours of the morning in January-February. So foggy you can’t see a block of flats in front of you. All it takes is high humidity and a quick temperature change, and *boom* low flying clouds.

i agree it’s a bit daft when it happens in western New Austin and the Heartlands, though. 

Yes, I live on the gulf coast, am very very familiar with dense fog.  But it doesnt happen daily lol.  Especially in dry climates.

Mac-
4 hours ago, S1ster P1stol said:

If you kill any of the pets you're evil. My friend used to kill the dogs in the Division "because it gave xp". I legit cried when i accidentally ran over the dog in McFarlane ranch in RDR. 

Killing dog's or even the birds in The Division did show an onscreen 5xp (if memory serves), but it never added any thing to your actual xp.

éX-Driver
3 hours ago, chuckclc said:

Yes, I live on the gulf coast, am very very familiar with dense fog.  But it doesnt happen daily lol.  Especially in dry climates.

Lemoyne, Roanoke, and Big Valley aren’t dry climates. 

ALifeOfMisery
5 hours ago, S1ster P1stol said:

If you kill any of the pets you're evil

I've killed more than one pr*ck when landing back in freeroam after watching them shoot a Husky at the end of Where Your Morals Lead You.

Even if your playing as some kind of low life, sociopathic ar$ehole, there has to be some limits.

YNNEL

Got to rank 50 for the online trophy and I think that’s me done until they update it properly.

ThaBirdCoot

What a clusterf*ck of a day, the connectivity issues holy crap my posse couldn't stay in for 5 mins without the boot or blue screen on PS... and the griefing assholes maaaan

TheLordMarvel

The diving. Get rid of the f*cking diving.

In a middle of a shootout, and your opponent is like 'help i fallen and I can't get up' - Annoying as absolute f*ck. Even worse than the stupid tuck'n'rollers on GTAO. 👿

Talisman_83

If you try to start a fight with me right when I've just discovered the flock of spoonbills I've been searching for for 45 mins, I will show you no mercy.

Any other time and I'll gladly exchange a few kills until one of us gets bored and wants to keep hunting.

Interrupt feather-plucking time?

giphy.gif

Ektope
5 hours ago, TheLordMarvel said:

The diving. Get rid of the f*cking diving.

In a middle of a shootout, and your opponent is like 'help i fallen and I can't get up' - Annoying as absolute f*ck. Even worse than the stupid tuck'n'rollers on GTAO. 👿

I thought it was the other way 'round. Rolling in GTA online looked worse.

4 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

If you try to start a fight with me right when I've just discovered the flock of spoonbills I've been searching for for 45 mins, I will show you no mercy.

Any other time and I'll gladly exchange a few kills until one of us gets bored and wants to keep hunting.

Interrupt feather-plucking time?

giphy.gif

And then they leave session to deny you the satisfaction.

Larcen
7 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

right when I've just discovered the flock of spoonbills I've been searching for for 45 mins,

The worst part is when you don't even realize that you've found the flock.  

For example, my POV when I'm plucking the feathers from one single solitary spoonbill:

MAIN-FAR-AWAY-fsp_dvd_00203_071.jpg 

Pressure Drop

Another day gone, another day still in BETA and no new content, not so much as a solitary new shirt to buy nor a word from the devs about anything whatsoever. I'm going to be red dead in real life by the time this train gets moving.

200.gif

4eyedcoupe
On 2/10/2019 at 8:08 AM, DrKrankenstein said:

is it me or are the proximity based player blips activated? it sure looks that way riding out of st denis, all the blips faded as i rode further away

It's been like that for me for a while, I didn't think that was like that since the beginning but I'm not sure honestly.  I like it, because they only show on your mini map if they are around you, but you can still check the menu map and see where everyone is.  If this isn't it, then I'm curious what they intend to implement.

Deadman2112
3 hours ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

It's been like that for me for a while, I didn't think that was like that since the beginning but I'm not sure honestly.  I like it, because they only show on your mini map if they are around you, but you can still check the menu map and see where everyone is.  If this isn't it, then I'm curious what they intend to implement.

It's been like this from the start

4eyedcoupe
25 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

It's been like this from the start

thanks

YNNEL

This bug with the stranger

missions not starting is infuriating. Get a good posse together and have to swap sessions. You can’t even go to another stranger because there all gone from the map.