1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

lennymuhboi
27 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

I hope so man. 

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm not coming across all doom and gloom, f*ck it it's all sh*t sort of attitude.

I'm hopeful that it's implemented in a way that calms people's fears, but we'll just need to see.

And if there's a few players who are friends and aren't fighting, instead taking advantage of the lack of visibility you'll have, patiently waiting for someone to arrive?

What's so hard about that to understand? 

I'd like to hope that griefers will just go after other griefers, but that is demonstrably false.

Why would you NOT want to be able to see who's camping a butcher?

It goes both ways. I can't see them and they can't see me. I would do the same thing I do now. Rush in and try to trigger the butcher before they know what is going on.

Talisman_83
8 minutes ago, lennymuhboi said:

It goes both ways. I can't see them and they can't see me. I would do the same thing I do now. Rush in and try to trigger the butcher before they know what is going on.

If that's how you roll and it works for you, more power to you.

I guess I'm just a little more cautious.

I'm pre-empting people taking advantage of the fact that you won't be able to see them, but they'll be banking on the fact that a lot of people use the St Denis butcher, for instance.

Edited by Talisman_83

rusbeckia
29 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

Waiting for an ability card that lets you set up your own protected camp anywhere you currently are and contains your personal butcher.

I'll pay every cent I have for that option 🙂

They‘d make the prices for lvling that one x10 though. Haha

areyouchappin

The blip proximity could be bad or it could be good, we don't know yet. But what I'm hoping for is player blips changing colors. If I can be warned by the color of your blip that you are a friend or an enemy, that's ALL I need to know, and R* said if you have bad honor your blip will be visible to other players at a larger radius. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all works out.

Talisman_83
41 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

The blip proximity could be bad or it could be good, we don't know yet. But what I'm hoping for is player blips changing colors. If I can be warned by the color of your blip that you are a friend or an enemy, that's ALL I need to know, and R* said if you have bad honor your blip will be visible to other players at a larger radius. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all works out.

Likewise, though I suppose the way around that is for a griefer to pet his horse until his blip becomes lighter.

Like you say though, need to wait and see.

S1ster P1stol

Cute. Our camps aren't even safe when the flag is up cause some griefer decided to attempt to hogtie me and and take me away from my own camp. I broke up and ended up having to restart my game cause my character decided to sit at camp and I couldn't leave. I assume it was a child or a very immature adult cause he then positioned his character as if mine was giving head. 

I'm legit getting sick of players and their sh*t in this game. 

Nick1020

Wish I can level up faster to get decent perks. Playing Gun rush is starting to get to me. And getting really annoyed running into high lvl players with maxed out perks using slippery bastard. 

Edited by Nick1020

rusbeckia
3 hours ago, S1ster P1stol said:

Cute. Our camps aren't even safe when the flag is up cause some griefer decided to attempt to hogtie me and and take me away from my own camp. I broke up and ended up having to restart my game cause my character decided to sit at camp and I couldn't leave. I assume it was a child or a very immature adult cause he then positioned his character as if mine was giving head. 

I feel you... 
The camp is just bugged I think. Recently some douche tried to kill me while hunting and when I fought bag with dynamite arrows and killed him couple of times he fled instantly into his camp which was just around the corner with the white flag hoisted up.  I could kill him nevertheless with bullets. Maybe they changed it so that if someone provokes a fight by shooting at you, you still can get him and he cant hide behind his white flag.

Edited by rusbeckia

TheSadisticOwl
1 hour ago, Nick1020 said:

Wish I can level up faster to get decent perks. Playing Gun rush is starting to get to me. And getting really annoyed running into high lvl players with maxed out perks using slippery bastard. 

Showdown is the best way. Either that, or the Teddy Brown method.

Mac-
5 hours ago, Nick1020 said:

Yea it sort of put me off, love it though, it would be better if they put you into match's closer in rank.

Talisman_83
9 hours ago, S1ster P1stol said:

If you enter the craft menu, nothing can touch or harm you

anarquista_duval
17 hours ago, areyouchappin said:

Blip color If it's like in GTA it's not bad, it will inform the "mental state" of the player and it will persist between sessions, which is good. Bad thing is that even if the blip has a friendly color doesn't necessarily mean the player won't kill you :)

About proximity blips I don't think they'll be any good to this game because the good spots for fishing, hunting or gang hideouts are well known by now and that's where griefers will start looking. Also, the radius for showing the blips can't be too broad (entire cities or relevant areas will be vulnerable) neither too narrow (you'll have no time of reaction).

GTP_Monkey
2 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

I got shot at the fire near ST Denis butcher whilst crafting meat yesterday, Also how the hell can you lasso posse members 

rusbeckia
27 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

I got shot at the fire near ST Denis butcher whilst crafting meat yesterday, Also how the hell can you lasso posse members 

Enable friendly fire and lasso them freeaiming!

Talisman_83
1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Public fires won't protect you. I meant crafting at your own fire in your camp will.

DentureDynamite
4 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

...from the player world. (Which is what you're referring to--understood).

Just noting that NPCs may be different--if you're wanted, and have lawmen on your tail, I doubt you can use it as an invincibility measure.

Will have to give that a try--the last time I came close to fully testing it at The Loft, they got close and I chickened out. lol

I do know of one virtually invincible measure (only against lawmen/cops, and not a glitch; more of a bug) that I intend to keep under wraps until Rockstar eventually patches it...

Public fires won't protect you. I meant crafting at your own fire in your camp will.

I'm not so sure--I suspect crafting at some public fires might. I had a griefer try to kill me while I was crafting at one of the public fires (not sure which one), but he eventually gave up... while still hanging around.

I simply left the session from within the crafting mode, so that he wouldn't have the satisfaction of killing me the second I exited crafting.

I do the same after I make it safely to the butcher and sell everything--just leave the session; the money is already safe.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Talisman_83
20 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

...from the player world. (Which is what you're referring to--understood).

Just noting that NPCs may be different--if you're wanted, and have lawmen on your tail, I doubt you can use it as an invincibility measure.

Ah yes, sorry I meant from players 🙂

20 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

I'm not so sure--I suspect crafting at some public fires might. I had a griefer try to kill me while I was crafting at one of the public fires (not sure which one), but he eventually gave up... while still hanging around.

Interesting - I'll need to test with various public fires then, but I do know that several won't protect you - one in Blackwater I think

Edited by Talisman_83

DentureDynamite

^^ I wish I did; only three possible fire locations come to mind:

• The one nearest to the butcher in Valentine (next to the stew pot you can eat from).
  • The one near the two tents alongside the train tracks a little north of the St. Denis butcher.
  • The one at the gang hideout above Little Creek River.

Talisman_83
9 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ I wish I did; only three possible fire locations come to mind:

• The one nearest to the butcher in Valentine (next to the stew pot you can eat from).
  • The one near the two tents alongside the train tracks a little north of the St. Denis butcher.
  • The one at the gang hideout above Little Creek River.

I shall test and report back!

S1ster P1stol

I'm not big on pvp, i can't stand the crucible in D2 but then again there are so many unbalanced weapons there. I lag out of public sessions in GTO every time because I can't stand how ruthless players are. I know this is just a game but ffs, i want to play have fun not be griefed by someone who is bored with life. Surprised no one has found a solo lobby glitch. The stranger mission with cutscene doesn't work all the time

DentureDynamite
21 hours ago, areyouchappin said:

...and hopefully that "bad" color indicator will mean "bad against other players"--not NPCs. Should be a very simple check; Rockstar has tons of stats throughout the game.

I'll be quick to take offense if I get branded as "bad" because I like to take on the law and rude NPCs passing by me on their horse.

As much as possible, I leave others players alone and give them plenty of space to do whatever they're busy with.

ALifeOfMisery

This really p*ssed me off

vSdbUeD.gif

So they got some really average sh*t that they couldn't handle.

Mac-
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

This really p*ssed me off

vSdbUeD.gif

So they got some really average sh*t that they couldn't handle.

They f*ck with the wrong person ;). Nice xp earner too.

Stupidis
23 hours ago, areyouchappin said:

Thing is that bad honour does not necessarily mean that you are a griefer or attack other players. If you farm xp by shooting police your honour will go down quickly. Better if it changed color based on how many players that he/she have attacked in freemode. 

ALifeOfMisery
25 minutes ago, Mac- said:

Players who do that kind of sh*t are usually trash, I'll farm them for XP until they parley or leave.

Rafae S

This game's playerbase was born in the bottom of a f*cking cereal box.

Mac-
23 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Players who do that kind of sh*t are usually trash, I'll farm them for XP until they parley or leave.

One thing wrong though, you where getting negative rep for killing a griefer, that's the bit that really annoys me. You should have been getting positive rep for what you did, plus gold for teaching him/her the error of their way's.

rusbeckia
On 2/8/2019 at 8:53 PM, Mac- said:

Can relate lol

Assblaster
29 minutes ago, Mac- said:

One thing wrong though, you where getting negative rep for killing a griefer, that's the bit that really annoys me. You should have been getting positive rep for what you did, plus gold for teaching him/her the error of their way's.

Once the bounty system comes you'll get money for hunting down all those bad guys.

ALifeOfMisery
40 minutes ago, Mac- said:

Yeah it's fairly annoying, I definitely think the first "revenge" kill should at least not negatively impact honour. To be honest though, as I hunt quite heavily, maintaining positive honour is easy.

2 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

Once the bounty system comes you'll get money for hunting down all those bad guys.

Hopefully R* get it right, otherwise a freeroam fight could easily turn into a farce.

You kill me, you get bounty

I kill you, I claim bounty

I kill you again, I get a bounty

You kill me, you claim bounty

Etc. Etc.

I have a feeling though, that R* will implement the least interesting bounty mechanism possible, where you get a bounty for committing crimes, other players can't claim it, it just triggers an increasingly OP NPC response, forcing you to pay up or hide/run until it expires.