4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

The Holy Diver
5 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

if a game forces me to play a specific way just to even out some bad design choices then i rather not play it at all.

the character i have in mind is not some mindless trigger happy killer without morals. 

people look forward to online to further their roleplay ideas but with a character of their own,not to follow a playstyle just so they will have a easier time when it comes to the game's economy. not counting the mindless griefers though.

Be a trigger happy killer without morals who isn't mindless.

jdv95
1 minute ago, The Holy Diver said:

Be a trigger happy killer without morals who isn't mindless.

nope.

besides being a trigger happy killer without morals is always just mindless in my opinion.

MarczXD

So i was right ? does Red Dead Online had to cut things from the single-player mode to accomodate data ?

Just read here that there are less NPCs in towns, roads feel empty without NPC wagons and trains don't appear, and the NPCs you found are dull or something like that.

For christ sake, next time from the 178 animais on single player only 20 will appear on online.

UKPortista

I'm really struggling to engage with online. It feels vast, empty, tedious, awkward and a bit...well...boring...and after 10-15 minutes I find I'm wanting to go back to story mode.

Of course it's very early days and I've no intention of throwing the towel in just yet (there are still some game modes I've got to try)...but to say I'm (thus far) underwhelmed would be an understatement.

RayD70
3 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

That's horsesh*t. I didn't get to buy a good apartment and a good super car Until I got to rank 40.I played for a month. You probably played GTA O 24/7 that you got those that quick or you may have started playing after 2015 which had different money making methods. My experience is from 2013.

Now who's exaggerating? You could easily, even before heists, make 100-120K per hour just doing missions. We also had crew challenges back then for a quick cash injection if you found a good one. I only did a few of those, but they really helped.

Who said I bought a "good" Apartment? The cheapest high end was around 210K, but I didn't have that either. I had one with a 6 car garage. The point is, I COULD get one at all. I can't even buy a damned tent in this game.

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, RayD70 said:

Now who's exaggerating? You could easily, even before heists, make 100-120K per hour just doing missions. We also had crew challenges back then for a quick cash injection if you found a good one. I only did a few of those, but they really helped.

Who said I bought a "good" Apartment? The cheapest high end was around 210K, but I didn't have that either. I had one with a 6 car garage. The point is, I COULD get one at all. I can't even buy a damned tent in this game.

That's grinding though. The best apartment and a fully upgraded super car with weapons cost around 1.5 million in 2013. I earned 40k/hour those times due to obviously being a NooB and actually "not grinding". It took me one month. 

RayD70
6 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

That's grinding though. The best apartment and a fully upgraded super car with weapons cost around 1.5 million in 2013. I earned 40k/hour those times due to obviously being a NooB and actually "not grinding". It took me one month. 

Again, the point is YOU COULD.

Go ahead and grind here. You're spinning your wheels.

TheSantader25
Just now, RayD70 said:

Again, the point is YOU COULD.

Go ahead and grind here. You're spinning your wheels.

The wise thing to do here is to see how much less things there are to buy in RDO in comparison to GTA O which means The prices are going to increase. I'm not defending neither. I'm just saying they both suck. 

Spider-Vice
1 hour ago, HoodedWatermelon said:

Damn 7 pages already? YIKES. I had fun yesterday, but they need to improve or otherwise I'll move on within a couple of months

60% of the people in here have not played RDO.

Fennimoe
2 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

HGzokYF.jpg

Not p2w, they say... Only cosmetic, they say... LIES!

Lonely-Martin

All races are GTA races!!!

f*cking hell.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Maddened_Ghost
15 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Well I'm part of the 40% of the people that played (not sure how did you get those numbers) and I can confirm that everything that these 60% people who haven't played yet complain and moan about is true and correct.

tre288

Levels are a little steep for unlocks. No trash bandana to start atleast? Wtf.

Also.. none of the trapper type clothing options.. i thought online was supposed to embrace a bit of the zaniness.. no bison hood is a massive disappointment to me, none of the furs over your shoulders as a coat, none of the fur chaps..

VercettiGuy

That character creator is so unbelievably awful.

Fennimoe

And, don't forget all your hard grinding in the Beta could be, and most likely will be, met with this (bold print)...

• We hope that all player progress during this early period of the Beta will be able to remain intact long term, however as with many betas for large scale online experiences such as this, there is always the chance that we may need to implement rank or other stat resets in case of issues.
Edited by Fennimoe

KingDoucheBag

Not really a complain, but from what i gathered here... I expected much more, maybe I'll wait for the online full release

Maddened_Ghost
2 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

That character creator is so unbelievably awful.

yep, 3rd character so far, the alligators in the swamps look better.

Fennimoe
3 minutes ago, KingDoucheBag said:

Not really a complain, but from what i gathered here... I expected much more, maybe I'll wait for the online full release

This is what I may do... Wait until it's all been worked out, then start my online career after the Beta is complete. Yes, I may play a little bit in the Beta, in case there is some misable/rare Beta item, only obtainable by playing the Beta.

Edited by Fennimoe

Da Elite Ninjah
4 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

I see lots of normal and good looking cowboys..

VercettiGuy
4 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

You have to live with what they give you. I'm at the 8th right now. Changing the head just makes them look like an alien and the "in depth" creation thing when you press X doesn't change anything. Your character will still look the same as when he walked in the room.

Also, why can't I make the heads wider? They look ridiculously small.

Maddened_Ghost
1 minute ago, Da Elite Ninjah said:

I see lots of normal and good looking cowboys..

I was talking about my characters.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

DangerZ0neX
38 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Using a false percentage to discredit those who did play the game and shared their honest experience is fallacious and childish.

I came here looking for their criticism, watched some gameplay footage to assess if they’re true, and they indeed were true. They even posted screenshots of things like paying premium currency to go from low honor to max honor.

B Dawg
7 hours ago, pizza4life said:

Remember back in late 2013 when GTA online launched and it was one of the biggest sh*t shows in history? 

Rememeber after awhile when it became and amazing and fun game for a large chunk of time?

It became amazing and fun? Still looks like a major sh*t show to me.

Ciaran

f4hAVdw.jpg

veICcug.jpg

xb13VVA.jpg

lol gg R* 

Edited by Ciaran

tre288
13 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

It became amazing and fun? Still looks like a major sh*t show to me.

*became amazing and fun if you liked to keep spending money to keep up with everything..

Apartments, apartments you could plan heists in, club houses, bunkers, nightclubs, corporate offices.. and then cash boosts to see those things progress at a reasonable enough pace to give you the unlocks you bought them for in the first place

TheMusicalHorse

Playing with my friend last night, needed to set up camp right? Went to select the nearest location, which was gaptooth Ridge. Cost $2. Okay. It gets setup in Bayou NWA. With my already limited funds, I try again. Gets setup in Tall Trees. 

elfoam
1 hour ago, MarczXD said:

So i was right ? does Red Dead Online had to cut things from the single-player mode to accomodate data ?

Just read here that there are less NPCs in towns, roads feel empty without NPC wagons and trains don't appear, and the NPCs you found are dull or something like that.

For christ sake, next time from the 178 animais on single player only 20 will appear on online.

You can't track many objects in a game with a peer to peer serverless setup. That's just the limitations you get when you go cheap. You could have put everything in with servers though.. Seems they haven't made enough money yet to afford servers.

Maddened_Ghost
37 minutes ago, DangerZ0neX said:

Using a false percentage to discredit those who did play the game and shared their honest experience is fallacious and childish.

I came here looking for their criticism, watched some gameplay footage to assess if they’re true, and they indeed were true. They even posted screenshots of things like paying premium currency to go from low honor to max honor.

the mods pinned the praise thread with it's 2 pages and ignored this one with it's 8 pages, that is all.

elfoam
3 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I don't understand this Elfoam, if you could give any info that would be awesome. Do you mean load up and then change it?

I feel I'll be reliant on this. :)

Log into your router and change it there, you should only need to change it slightly to empty the lobby. That's how I do it in GTAO when I want to get rid of people..