4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, xDatxJunkyx said:

You'd think that these trolls would stay back in GTA..I guess not.

ItZ a GaMe 4 OuTlAwZ I Iz JuS bEeInG a OuTlAw - low level griefers, 2019.

Smokewood
On 2/4/2019 at 12:16 PM, Maddened_Ghost said:

I can't believe that the people behind Red Dead Redemption 2 are the same ones behind Red Dead Online, it's unbelievable.

Obviously they are a different groups of devs and testers from who created RDR2 story mode.

Just like the original devs on GTAV had nothing to do with GTAO.

The story-mode devs have 1 goal in mind, make a great single player game with a vision in mind, whereas the online team's job is to milk you dry!

Larcen
2 hours ago, Smokewood said:

whereas the online team's job is to milk you dry!

Can confirm.

1WBEqud.jpg

Ektope
7 hours ago, xDatxJunkyx said:

Tip of the day:

Someone killed or is killing you and you're pissed? 

Message them, so that their profile is saved. Every now and then, join their session and kill them randomly. Now they'll know what it's like to be killed when they aren't properly engaged.

In all seriousness, passive needs to come ASAP..in fact, aggressors should face punishment, just like in real life.

You'd think that these trolls would stay back in GTA..I guess not.

This wouldn't work if their profile activity showed up as offline.

This happened to me the other day, even though I did nothing wrong to someone. So I ended up changing my profile activity settings, so strangers cannot see what I'm up to. It'll just say offline to people that I haven't added onto list.

BGM01

Uhm.. More than 2 months has passed, and this sh*t is still in beta. The most boring game ever, I am still wondering in shower how the hell someone manages to find "fun" of playing this game, or they are just wasting their life time? "Fans" say that this is just a beta, but I'd call it bullsh*t. R* has named it Beta for an excuse of not doing anything, because Beta has it's own microtransactions, meanwhile the whole thing as Beta is supposed to be free (without microtransactions) to test the game's features as We all are supposed to be testers, in-house volunteers.

I would call people to stop playing this, tell your friends to stop playing it. Stop feeding bad companies for such lame actions. They do not respect you.

TheSadisticOwl
1 hour ago, BGM01 said:

Uhm.. More than 2 months has passed, and this sh*t is still in beta. The most boring game ever, I am still wondering in shower how the hell someone manages to find "fun" of playing this game, or they are just wasting their life time? "Fans" say that this is just a beta, but I'd call it bullsh*t. R* has named it Beta for an excuse of not doing anything, because Beta has it's own microtransactions, meanwhile the whole thing as Beta is supposed to be free (without microtransactions) to test the game's features as We all are supposed to be testers, in-house volunteers.

I would call people to stop playing this, tell your friends to stop playing it. Stop feeding bad companies for such lame actions. They do not respect you.

I'm gonna sum up your post: "I don't like this game and therefore, you should playing it!"

I play the game and I still have fun with it because as dry as it is right now, it's not the toxic wasteland that is GTA Online. I think Rockstar's new update schedule is GTA Online update > Red Dead Online update > GTA Online update > Red Dead Online update and so on.

I still haven't wasted a single cent with microtransactions and I never plan to. From grinding alone, I've hit 102 gold bars already and I'm almost nearing 12 thousand dollars in cash. The way I have fun with the game is setting objectives for myself and working towards them one way or another. I don't put my full focus in RDO either, because most of the time I'm playing this game, I'm either listening to a podcast, music, horror stories and more. I don't take it seriously. It's so much more enjoyable when you don't take it seriously, because then it just becomes a relaxing game to play in the background while your attention is more towards something else.

1 hour ago, BGM01 said:

I would call people to stop playing this, tell your friends to stop playing it. Stop feeding bad companies for such lame actions. They do not respect you.

You bought the game. You already fed them enough.

Dr.Rosenthal
11 hours ago, xDatxJunkyx said:

In all seriousness, passive needs to come ASAP..in fact, aggressors should face punishment, just like in real life.

This doesn’t make any sense to me. You say you want passive and you want aggressors to face punishment? How do you not see that passive mode is only going to enable aggressors to get away with their misdeeds? Just like they do on GTAO, the PvP of that game is completely ruined thanks to passive mode.

Here’s a story:

Last night I was in a busy session but I decided to go fishing. There were some people nearby but they largely seemed to ignore me, and I ignored them. After pulling up two salmon I noticed bullets flying past. Now, I have Never Without One so I’m not too scared of dying immediately, and I really don’t care about dying even, not when I don’t lose anything by it.

I got on my horse and rode across to where they were. There were two of them, and now I started killing them mercilessly. As soon as they spawned I rode up to them and killed them. They were absolute sh*t. One parleyed almost immediately, the other did not. I followed them and continued to kill the guy who didn’t parley. They ultimately left after maybe 10 minutes of ridiculing themselves. That was facing punishment, and I can’t tell you how many times this happened lately. They almost always leave.

Had there been passive, they’d have hidden behind it immediately, stripping me of any chances for retaliation. And then they’d come back again when I’d least expect it, and passive pop on me. That is just appalling behavior, and I won’t have any of it.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Mac-

I love this game, just recently started playing online (rank 12) or there about's, so far 98% of the online community as been good, just going about their business minding their own. I do believe though that the honour system should be droped in free roam, it's a griefers greatest tool. 

I'll give an example as too why I think it should be dropped, yesterday I was searching for my treasure, and two persons approached from either side and I dropped them at medium distance (plus they where on proximity chat I could over hear them, organizing how they where going too take me out lmao), now I got two notifications of murder. Was I supposed wait till they shot at me ?,  they definitely weren't coming too see the size of my third leg. 

The honour system isn't a problem if you don't mind being in the negative, but for me I like too play with it in the plus, if it wasn't there I wouldn't mind taking arseholes out, but yesterdays notifications of murder annoyed me. Also if your going too have a mode anything goes in free roam why have the honour system. It just tugs on the strings with people with morals, and gives persons with lesser morals an advantage (griefers paradice).

Plus I think younger population in this game gets a bad rep, yes they think it's funny running and gunning, probably is too them, but i do believe it's Rockstar badly implemented honour system that's behind it.

lennymuhboi

Killed almost 10K animals including 2K birds.  I am done for now with the old time hunting simulation.

Sammionna

I'm having more fun playing AC Odyssey than Red Dead right now, in what f*cking universe is that possible?! Hurry up and release this damn update already!

Boozey St John

Cripps, you useless fecker! At least prepare some damn stew for me instead of playing your harmonica or drawing. (He's a magnificent artist though.)

Mac-
12 minutes ago, Boozey St James said:

Cripps, you useless fecker! At least prepare some damn stew for me instead of playing your harmonica or drawing. (He's a magnificent artist though.)

You are right he is one useless c*nt, he keeps moving my camp to the opposite side of the map. :(

coach_wargo
5 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Had there been passive, they’d have hidden behind it immediately, stripping me of any chances for retaliation. And then they’d come back again when I’d least expect it, and passive pop on me. That is just appalling behavior, and I won’t have any of it.

I would want something that's a mix of GTA passive and RDO parlay. I should be able to go into passive on my own before being killed, but once passive is activated I'm in it for a minimum of 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I can leave passive, but then there's another 10 minute cooldown before I can activate it again. Arseholes shouldn't just be able to pop in and out of passive like in GTA.

Assblaster
21 minutes ago, coach_wargo said:

I would want something that's a mix of GTA passive and RDO parlay. I should be able to go into passive on my own before being killed, but once passive is activated I'm in it for a minimum of 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I can leave passive, but then there's another 10 minute cooldown before I can activate it again. Arseholes shouldn't just be able to pop in and out of passive like in GTA.

If they implement the upcoming bounty hunter & blip system right it might be the solution we need. At least I hope so. Have to wait and see.

Edited by Assblaster

Semaj 2JZ♢
2 hours ago, Mac- said:

You are right he is one useless c*nt, he keeps moving my camp to the opposite side of the map. :(

Blame R* for it's sh*tty design. Here, let's give players a camp. But, make it pretty useless and mostly a money sink. Now, since we want all players lumped close together to encourage PvP, we can't have players designate a camp space nor be able to spawn into it. Everyone simply spawns close together and only 2 or 3 out 32 get a campsite close by. The rest we send out into the middle of nowhere. That will get players to spend more money to move it closer.

yeezy203

Just saw a report that says Take Two's stock fell 13% in spite of Red Dead selling 23 million copies. Is that why they've been still milking GTAO and holding off on RDO which probably take some time to become profitable? is Rockstar getting pressure from Take Two to keep the dollars rolling in? I think that's the culprit for the delayed RDO content.

Lonely-Martin
10 minutes ago, yeezy203 said:

Just saw a report that says Take Two's stock fell 13% in spite of Red Dead selling 23 million copies. Is that why they've been still milking GTAO and holding off on RDO which probably take some time to become profitable? is Rockstar getting pressure from Take Two to keep the dollars rolling in? I think that's the culprit for the delayed RDO content.

If that's true, good. 

The only way this fiasco improves is if it dents their shareholders pockets.

God, I hope it's true!

Talisman_83
6 hours ago, Assblaster said:

If they implement the upcoming bounty hunter & blip system right it might be the solution we need. At least I hope so. Have to wait and see.

The blip system is going to be horrendous.

I also have no faith that the bounty system will deter griefers. It doesn't in GTA.

Boozey St John
4 hours ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Blame R* for it's sh*tty design. Here, let's give players a camp. But, make it pretty useless and mostly a money sink. Now, since we want all players lumped close together to encourage PvP, we can't have players designate a camp space nor be able to spawn into it. Everyone simply spawns close together and only 2 or 3 out 32 get a campsite close by. The rest we send out into the middle of nowhere. That will get players to spend more money to move it closer.

Don't forget when it's glitchy and the camp spawns somewhere you did not choose but on the opposite side of the map. 

Rafae S

Rockstar always create the most beautiful worlds but then doesn't know how to utilize them to their full potential 😔

Assblaster
14 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

I also have no faith that the bounty system will deter griefers. It doesn't in GTA.

You're probably right. I'm willing to wait and see, even though I should know better by now.

Viciadogames

I have 2 characters, they both have the same coat but one has cloth physics and the other is stiff as hell.

Boozey St John
32 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

Rockstar always create the most beautiful worlds but then doesn't know how to utilize them to their full potential 😔

THIS!

I strongly agree with this! They focus on the beautiful and intricate details for these massive open world games just for it to be pretty. Not useful, not advantageous to players, and no events or interiors near and around the beautiful but desolated areas. 

jje1000
7 hours ago, yeezy203 said:

IMO it's also likely that RDO needs significant work to finish, and nearly all non-GTAO manpower is focused on that for now. It's not unlike the state of GTAO for months after launch.

Regardless, the content (SP or otherwise) needs to start rolling as there already are some strong games coming out that will likely sap the playerbase- the longer it takes, the harder it gets to retain/build up interest. Personally I have no idea why they didn't have some SP updates prepared on the side for an occasional boost in interest, but then again, I also have no idea what goes on inside Rockstar's offices.

Edited by jje1000

Lonely-Martin
54 minutes ago, jje1000 said:

IMO it's also likely that RDO needs significant work to finish, and nearly all non-GTAO manpower is focused on that for now. It's not unlike the state of GTAO for months after launch.

Regardless, the content (SP or otherwise) needs to start rolling as there already are some strong games coming out that will likely sap the playerbase- the longer it takes, the harder it gets to retain/build up interest. Personally I have no idea why they didn't have some SP updates prepared on the side for an occasional boost in interest, but then again, I also have no idea what goes on inside Rockstar's offices.

I do agree with you here, content aplenty is very much needed. (And session choices, IMHO).

That said, GTA:O didn't boom until long after release and grew to become a real monster hit so I am willing to wait and see just where it all goes. 

I am cautious after GTA:O and this beta introducing microtransactions as early as it has, but if they do add much and more choices, it can pull folk back I feel. It's just the wait that's irritating me, lol. It could be I'm waiting for disappointment or waiting for that gem game I wanted before it all got here. It's anyone's guess, lol. :)

TCA
10 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

It won’t.

Mac-
10 hours ago, Talisman_83 said:

Though I know nothing about GTA online, I don't think it will either by the sounds of it.

The only way is to have a PvE mode for freeroam.

Last night I noticed a group of four chase someone fishing, where is the fun in that? Personally I would think of it as promoting bulling.

rusbeckia
16 minutes ago, Mac- said:

Though I know nothing about GTA online, I don't think it will either by the sounds of it.

The only way is to have a PvE mode for freeroam.

Last night I noticed a group of four chase someone fishing, where is the fun in that? Personally I would think of it as promoting bulling.

You don‘t know how it will be implemented yet and it certainly won‘t be like GTA. Just look at bounty in sp. There are a few more levels of complexity compared to gta. 

PvE mode would be nice, but I‘m afraid we won‘t see that, cause you could make money way more easily. 

Yes, there are douches around. But with proximity blimps, the griefers only find you by chance when you‘re out alone fishing. 

If the wanted system will be similar to sp, you can be sure that most of the noob varmint griefers will get striked down by the cops, making it harder for them to keep following you, especially when they actually have to keep eye contact to track you down, compared to now, where you can see everyone at any point of time.

Edited by rusbeckia

Mac-

Your right I wouldn't know, never played GTAO, but I don't think they will get bounty hunters after them right away.

The only other way would be a coloured system to represent your honour, then it would be possible to know the intention of the person approaching you.

Mac-
1 hour ago, rusbeckia said:

But with proximity blimps, the griefers only find you by chance when you‘re out alone fishing. 

This could be the worst thing Rockstar could implement, as it is now you can see player's coming towards you, with the proximity blimps they will be on you with out warning. Too be honest I think this is playing right into the hands of the griefer's, for they will know exactly where too look.

I'm starting to think Rockstar sees griefer's as a balancing tool. With the way it is now, and being able to see the griefer's coming we can actually grief the griefer's so to speak. Introduce proximity blimps, we can't grief the griefer's anymore.