3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Boozey St John

Hunting for birds in Bayou Nwa, nearly the whole state is empty. Shoot 10 birds out of the sky, watch them fall..  only 2 appear on the map. 

What happened to my other ones? 

Again, no one was there. 

ALifeOfMisery

What is the point in asking another player to fued if you're only going to leave the lobby before it ends when you're getting your ar$e handed to you?

I'd just dropped into freeroam after a story mission, instantly killed, alright, sh*t happens. Player comes at me again when I spawn, kill them, whistle for my horse, they come at me again, kill them again and I'm on my way. 

Invite to feud. I wouldn't normally, but they were a tw*t, so alright soppy b*llocks, you're on.

Quickly swapped my cards from a PvE to a PvP load out. Long story short, 6-1 up with 2 minutes to go, player leaves lobby.

What was the point? What actually happens if both parties actually stay until the end?

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Chrismads
3 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

What was the point? What actually happens if both parties actually stay until the end?

I don't think anyone has ever tried. Guess we'll never know.

Same with Player Assassination

Nerfgoth
On 2/2/2019 at 4:54 AM, TheSadisticOwl said:

Killing other players in Master Archer should get you disqualified. Change my mind.

No I won´t change your mind on the topic!

Viciadogames

For the love of god skip the f*cking cutscenes!

No Homing

Snipe someone 10 times, no kill, get one shotted.

Talisman_83
19 hours ago, Boozey St James said:

Hunting for birds in Bayou Nwa, nearly the whole state is empty. Shoot 10 birds out of the sky, watch them fall..  only 2 appear on the map. 

Again, no one was there. 

This is the bane of my life in RDO.

It's purely a matter of luck I think, but mostly you should expect that either some of the birds will appear then despawn, or not every bird you shoot will appear.

It's just R* being dicks. 

ALifeOfMisery

I've had enough of the weekend noob invasion.

Why is it that I (lvl 56) can pass, hunt near, do almost anything in the vicinity of almost every high ranked player I come across without any issues at all. But I'm seemingly a magnet for cocky, hopeless low level noobs?

P.T.
On 1/31/2019 at 6:22 PM, DarksunDaFirst said:

It's basically Fortnite...with horses!

yeah this person has either never played crapnite or has not played gun rush. 

Fortnite is instantly building magical forts around you in seconds up to the sky because someone is shooting at you and you need cover. As well it is just a bunch of people jumping constantly while shooting a shotgun in mid air with perfect accuracy . Gun Rush is nothing at all like that. The only similarity is its a BR gameplay mode. Nothing more.Its like people never heard of more than one game having deathmatch in it or something.......How dare another game have that same game play mode....

GenericGTAO
On 1/31/2019 at 11:27 PM, Chrismads said:

Gun rush is cool. Hell of a lot better than Fartnite.

Who cares if people stays to the end of the game?

I won 2 games and got like 48 and  67 dollars. Thats decent

How many games did you sit through to win?  Leaving is definitely a problem because eventually your lobby will be just two people if you are winning so many games in row, people will just leave because the incredible badass is playing.  So, can it on how you won, and that makes obvious problems nonexistent.  Large showdowns can make that much if you win a few in row.  But guess what, you dont win everygame.  So, saying I won, no problem...is very foolish. 

Youre right on 1 thing.  Its nothing like fortnite I agree and I never played fortnite but just watched 1 game on youtube. Its way better than gun rush.  There are no weapon indicators in fortnite you have search or least on the game I watched.  The map is huge in fortnite, not some half assed circle thats too small to encourage stealth or patience.  Also, there is no autoaim so its actually a fight between players when they encounter each other.

Quickly run to the guns so half the players get killed and leave cause there is no incentive to stay, next game lobby has 5 people in it. 

Winning is always fun, but waiting to play in these lobbies isnt that why no one is playing.  

Edit 2/9/19.  I played GR again today.  1st game, got 25 players, I came in 5th, got .12G, $22, 350xp.  2nd game 8 players, I won in less than 5 min.  .04G, $17, 250xp. 3rd game, 3 players, won in less than a mintue.  Zero Gold, $4, 30xp. 

Switch to team GR, 1st game over 10 players, teams of up to 4, won with 3-4 min left, .04G, $17, 350xp.  2nd game, 2 teams 9 players, we won in a 5 min but I died 30 secs before it ended I killed 3 of the other teams players, no gold, $10, 150xp.  3rd game, not enough players to begin timer...quit probably for good this time.

Edited by GenericGTAO

YNNEL

How the hell are people one shotting me when I’ve got slow and steady active?

GenericGTAO
13 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

Lag or explosive rounds.  Most likely lag.

Maddened_Ghost

Sooo .. last time I played this mess of a game was in the first week of December I think .. created 8 characters and got rid of them because the creator is another synonym of Trash, this week I decided to give it another try, created an acceptable looking character, loaded into the first missions, which you can't freaking skip for some stupid game design decision, as I was asked to use the matchmaker for the mission, I got disconnected, fantastic.

So yeah, I have played the tutorial 9 times now, if I hadn't spent some gold bars on some clothes I'd delete my horrible looking character and make it a 10th.

Love this game, it makes me want to play other games.

Virus..
3 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Sooo .. last time I played this mess of a game was in the first week of December I think .. created 8 characters and got rid of them because the creator is another synonym of Trash, this week I decided to give it another try, created an acceptable looking character, loaded into the first missions, which you can't freaking skip for some stupid game design decision, as I was asked to use the matchmaker for the mission, I got disconnected, fantastic.

So yeah, I have played the tutorial 9 times now, if I hadn't spent some gold bars on some clothes I'd delete my horrible looking character and make it a 10th.

Love this game, it makes me want to play other games.

For my male character i tried like 5 different times to create a decent looking one and had to do the intro, felt like torture lol 😂😂😂

Larcen
3 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

The trick is to embrace the suck.  It's enjoyable to make the busted, most outlandish looking character in the server.

Maddened_Ghost
37 minutes ago, Larcen said:

The trick is to embrace the suck.  It's enjoyable to make the busted, most outlandish looking character in the server.

with the current creator? I feel like the competition isn't that strong.

•—•

Why are people horrible at using character creator? I made my character on first attempt, and she looks good.

Sir McTim

Not Online specific, but seriously why is the cover system so god awful? Could R* even fix it? (I highly doubt). The COMPLETE OPPOSITE from RDR1's which was very good. AN ABSOLUTE DOWNGRADE.

I know I'm gonna have problems with it when I get back into Online (I'm only here to keep up and help others with my knowledge of RDR2). Don't forget about the automatic hop up and climb up ladders, it was a thing in RDR1 but it wasn't as bad, I'd rather do it manually. I also went back to RDR1 Multiplayer, the fact that I was a better shot in RDR1 surprised me.

I just hopped into the game, went into a private session and went to a gang hideout and I was (literally) killing it. Accuracy had to have been 80%+ and I was at long range on pretty much all kills. Pretty much saying, playing RDR1 is more fun than playing 2.

The shooting in RDR2 is more realistic but it's kinda to the point where it's not fun. Movement is clunky, trying out first person ruined third person gameplay for me because of the more responsiveness movement of FP. I still love this game, I can and do get over this clunky gameplay but those moments just takes me out of it.

Just had to get that rant off my mind...

Edited by Sir McTim

DentureDynamite
On 2/2/2019 at 12:58 PM, Boozey St James said:

Again, no one was there. 

I find it astounding that Rockstar can keep track of a slew of different plants and their locations around the map (and which ones you've picked or not), yet has no similar system in place to stop animals or NPC bodies that you've just killed from despawning. *facepalms*

And I just had another full-blown game crash (not a "simple" disconnect) yesterday out of the blue, right as I finished a gang attack near Lagras. Thanks, Shystar.

These issues (and a bunch more) should have been fixed with a REAL, downloaded to my PS4, file-based update a month ago.

14 hours ago, Ektope said:

Why are people horrible at using character creator? I made my character on first attempt, and she looks good.

Depends on what you started with--some players literally got lucky having default characters with good/attractive facial proportions.

My character looked like something out of Frankenstein.

The character creator doesn't let you change the height/length of the face, which is critical for attractive female characters.

Edited by DentureDynamite

DentureDynamite
22 hours ago, YNNEL said:

Welcome to the world of weapon poker.

Where the finest minds at Rockstar flip the bird at the simple, logical world of combat mechanics.

Jason

Asking why people are so horrible at using the character creator is proof that the character creator is bad lol. With a good character creator anybody should be able to easily create good looking (as in characters that look good, not necessarily attractive) characters easily, with further features for people who want to really make their characters unique.

Plus, like Denture said, it's also missing some critical sliders for eyes, nose, chin... basically every part of the face is missing at least 1 important slider. The eyes are basically untouchable.

DentureDynamite

^^ Not to mention the horrid teeth. I mean, I get it--our characters are intended to look like they lived in the 1890s; but good grief, Rockstar! Give us a break.

I half-expected bugs to start crawling out of my mouth ala The Grinch after I selected the "best possible" set available.

I seriously have to question the entire dev mindset and leadership behind RDO when they pull crappy stunts like this.

All they would have had to do is pretty much copy and paste GTA Online's character editor code, and it would have been just fine.

Maddened_Ghost
2 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Not to mention the horrid teeth. I mean, I get it--our characters are intended to look like they lived in 1899-ish; but good grief, Rockstar! Give us a break.

I seriously have to question the entire dev mindset and leadership behind RDO when they pull crappy stunts like this.

Someone tried to tell me that the characters look bad because we're supposed to be in 1899, get out of here with that garbage, why wasn't this logic applied to the SP cast, the cutscene characters, the NPCs?

I can't believe that the people behind Red Dead Redemption 2 are the same ones behind Red Dead Online, it's unbelievable.

Oh wait, it's the beta isn't it? I'm sure it will be fixed 5 years from now.

Sir McTim

You just got to get lucky with the randomize, I got lucky with the default and came out with a decent character. I made an alternative account to try to remake my original and I couldn't get nowhere near. There's seems to be presets that you cannot customize, more like tweaks than customization honestly. Still waiting for an option to re-edit our characters, I would like to tweak my character a bit because I did rush through it.

IA9BQzwh.jpg

IamCourtney
On 2/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, ALifeOfMisery said:

What is the point in asking another player to fued if you're only going to leave the lobby before it ends when you're getting your ar$e handed to you?

I'd just dropped into freeroam after a story mission, instantly killed, alright, sh*t happens. Player comes at me again when I spawn, kill them, whistle for my horse, they come at me again, kill them again and I'm on my way. 

Invite to feud. I wouldn't normally, but they were a tw*t, so alright soppy b*llocks, you're on.

Quickly swapped my cards from a PvE to a PvP load out. Long story short, 6-1 up with 2 minutes to go, player leaves lobby.

Good question, I assume the winner gets some kind gold/money/xp reward, and maybe loser gets a smaller consolation prize? I just ignore Fued invites reflexively after years of not falling into 1v1 DM traps in GTAO but I'm gonna do some feuding next chance I get and see what happens.

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, IamCourtney said:

Good question, I assume the winner gets some kind gold/money/xp reward, and maybe loser gets a smaller consolation prize? I just ignore Fued invites reflexively after years of not falling into 1v1 DM traps in GTAO but I'm gonna do some feuding next chance I get and see what happens.

I'm accepting invites sporadically, my play style doesn't bring along many opportunities, out of nothing more than curiosity. 

As you say, I just want to see what happens before ignoring them for the rest of RDOs lifespan.

Part of me thinks there won't be any benefit other than the win, because this is R* and 2 friends could repeatedly feud with eachother to make an extra $3/h or whatever.

Talisman_83

When I'm forced to slow down when I go past another player's camp.

Why the f*ck would I want to slow down? I want to speed up!

DarksunDaFirst
On 2/3/2019 at 8:59 AM, P.T. said:

yeah this person has either never played crapnite or has not played gun rush. 

Fortnite is instantly building magical forts around you in seconds up to the sky because someone is shooting at you and you need cover. As well it is just a bunch of people jumping constantly while shooting a shotgun in mid air with perfect accuracy . Gun Rush is nothing at all like that. The only similarity is its a BR gameplay mode. Nothing more.Its like people never heard of more than one game having deathmatch in it or something.......How dare another game have that same game play mode....

yeh this person either has never understood a joke or someone surgically removed their funny bone over the weekend.

speaking of which - BR is a f***ing plague on mankind.

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Van_Hellsing

Joining a random posse invitation is a trap. As soon as are there, the posse will be disbanded and you will be shot. 

Luckily never without one saved the day again. It's never with a random posse for me. 

xDatxJunkyx

Tip of the day:

Someone killed or is killing you and you're pissed? 

Message them, so that their profile is saved. Every now and then, join their session and kill them randomly. Now they'll know what it's like to be killed when they aren't properly engaged.

In all seriousness, passive needs to come ASAP..in fact, aggressors should face punishment, just like in real life.

You'd think that these trolls would stay back in GTA..I guess not.