4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

coach_wargo
8 hours ago, BobDyl said:

How did they get this right 8 years ago but have made a complete botch of online for possibly the best single player game (and world) ever?

8 years ago Leslie Benzies was the mastermind of RDR1. No Benzies,  no fun.  I can't wait to play whatever he's currently developing. 

Chrismads

I'm not against free aim lobbies. But couldn't there be a scenario where slippery bastard would be usefull? If they reduced dead eye drain alot and removed the yellowish dead eye effect. I think slippery bastard could be a pretty cool way to let free and auto aimers play in the same lobby.

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, coach_wargo said:

8 years ago Leslie Benzies was the mastermind of RDR1. No Benzies,  no fun.  I can't wait to play whatever he's currently developing. 

they just want to keep it low until they bring out something really big. That's what I think will happen. They'll add a DLC with pretty much everything asked for (missing gameplay features from story, maybe even the L2 interaction menu, maybe even heists or freeroam bank robberies (rhodes bank is open since last week and you can pick up bundles of cash and a cell key which give you nothing), wagons/properties, new weapons which are already announced, new horses, daily objectivies, pve and freeaim lobbies, etc) . The community will be going apesh*t when that happens and RDO will have player-numbers never seen before. 

in the end they want you to buy gold bars, so they definitely need to deliver. also T2 is a listed company who obviously want to increase they're stock price. Will they increase their stock price  by putting out a final online game on day 1 and adding nothing to it for half a year? Nope, definitely not.  just look at the TTWO stock chart, sh*t will blow up once the update releases and that's what they're waiting for. 

I  can't stand all this "no benzie anymore, everything is going to sh*t"-mentality seen often anymore. If that's your opinion and you hate the path r* took, quit playing the game and stop supporting this multibillion$ corporation. But yea.. everything was better in the old days, right?

Assblaster
2 hours ago, coach_wargo said:

The Benz is definitely a creative genius, no dispute there. But RDO is a good game which I'm sure will only get better. Could be that the next update will be a big one with fixes, improvements, new lobbies, and tons of fresh content of all kinds. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see in a few months -- maybe sooner who knows.

rusbeckia
51 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

The Benz is definitely a creative genius, no dispute there. But RDO is a good game which I'm sure will only get better. Could be that the next update will be a big one with fixes, improvements, new lobbies, and tons of fresh content of all kinds. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see in a few months -- maybe sooner who knows.

Just look at their stock charts. They would be complete idiots if they don‘t do that. And I promise you they will, cause they „need“ the money.

they lost 20% since end of november. They won‘t let that just go away and will make sure to equal this loss out at least.

Btw they had their all time high when RDR2 released.

Edited by rusbeckia

tonko
16 hours ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

Yeah. I feel the same way though. I still perform great though, but it sucks that someone who really isn't that good can fabricate their "skills" with ability cards

True, true. There was no fabricating skills in RDR1. Either you were good or you weren't. No boosts, no special skills. Low level could fight off high level if he knows how and everyone were equal in Gang Matches.

12 hours ago, BobDyl said:

Let me put this out there: ability cards have ruined online, taking PvP combat so far away from any semblance of reality that it just makes things laughable How is this fun for anyone, including those with maxed out ability cards? Sorry but a shotgun blast to the head should take you out, ability cards be damned. As I've said before, since they've gone this far, R* should do away with combat altogether -- just draw, compare ability cards and autokill the loser.  Online could not suck more - have been back in single player and loving life. How did they get this right 8 years ago but have made a complete botch of online for possibly the best single player game (and world) ever?

From what i see, graphics is a huge upgrade compared to RDR1(obviously). Everything else is lacking compared to RDR 8 years ago. 

It's laughable that 8 year old game was better in so many ways than a new one(Mexican Standoff, lobby choice, sinlgeplayer characters you can use online, better and more fun maps to play PVP, etc). laughable.

rusbeckia
33 minutes ago, tonko said:

True, true. There was no fabricating skills in RDR1. Either you were good or you weren't. No boosts, no special skills. Low level could fight off high level if he knows how and everyone were equal in Gang Matches.

From what i see, graphics is a huge upgrade compared to RDR1(obviously). Everything else is lacking compared to RDR 8 years ago. 

It's laughable that 8 year old game was better in so many ways than a new one(Mexican Standoff, lobby choice, sinlgeplayer characters you can use online, better and more fun maps to play PVP, etc). laughable.

Laughable is that you obviously think that there won‘t be more content. 🤔 

tonko

How are we standing with RDR 1 Outfiter? Who would rather have a single player character (major or minor) as their online character?

Me personally, i would rather have a guy with 3-4 lines than this mute fool like in GTA. In RDR 1 you could atleast say something with your online character.

n1z6g0.jpg

P.T.
16 hours ago, Ektope said:

You're welcome. People act like free aim doesn't exist. Nowhere did anyone mention about free aim vs auto aim. So I pointed that out as well. Just need to be clearer in your own posts.

Yeah im sorry that you seem to be the only person here in this thread that does not understand when anyone here has been asking about free aim , that we are and have been asking for free aim only lobbies. But instead of everyone typing that out every time we just simply say free aim because literally every single person who plays the game already knows free aim is an option. However its also well known that your basically at a very huge disadvantage against other users using it in this auto head shot bs auto aim . 

So i am sorry you needed that spelled out exactly . Everyone else here pretty much already knew this is what any of us mentioning free aim meant. Have a good one.

wehweh01
23 hours ago, P.T. said:

It is sad i can not even enjoy this game online. Offline its great ( because i can play in free aim). I just can not enjoy this one shot head shot bs. Yeah , yeah, i know get the 

'ability cards". Screw that , im only like level 13 because i just can not stomach playing this trash longer than 5 minutes at a time without turning it off to play something better that is not made for little kids. 

This auto aim bs is just too too casual for me. I dont feel like wasting my time trying to level up just to get some stupid cards. Man this game had so much potential, but them not adding free aim has literally killed this game for me. So sad about it but if they want less people playing it and a chance of less micros happening because of that, well be my guest Rock*

Hey you're not alone. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for freeaim lobbies. I honestly might not quit if freeaim lobbies don't become a thing. It's fun taking a big stinky sh*t on these autoaim casuals by using Slippery.

clint eastwood shoot GIF by hoppip

XxJazzy42xX
4 hours ago, tonko said:

How are we standing with RDR 1 Outfiter? Who would rather have a single player character (major or minor) as their online character?

Me personally, i would rather have a guy with 3-4 lines than this mute fool like in GTA. In RDR 1 you could atleast say something with your online character.

n1z6g0.jpg

Mute character is ok until characters in the mission start talking to you or when you already know your character has a voice. Then your whole team kinda looks like they rode the short bus. The basics are there in RDRO, like you know they have a voice they just don't talk, because when I get hurt my character moans or yells/screams, but only on hit contact. Other than that its just the whistle and........yeah. Its just the missions cutscenes that are cringe from time to time like GTAO........they just make our characters look kinda slow which describes how some people make their character act, but me and my brother was watching the first cutscenes of both GTAO and RDRO and we was just looking like:

Related image

Edited by XxJazzy42xX

Viciadogames

"Wait for your posse to escape to safety"

•—•
4 hours ago, P.T. said:

Yeah im sorry that you seem to be the only person here in this thread that does not understand when anyone here has been asking about free aim , that we are and have been asking for free aim only lobbies. But instead of everyone typing that out every time we just simply say free aim because literally every single person who plays the game already knows free aim is an option. However its also well known that your basically at a very huge disadvantage against other users using it in this auto head shot bs auto aim . 

So i am sorry you needed that spelled out exactly . Everyone else here pretty much already knew this is what any of us mentioning free aim meant. Have a good one.

In GTA online, I used to play on auto aim - assisted so basically auto aim lobbies. When I got bored of the game, I decided to try out a different targetting setting. So when I moved over to free aim lobbies, the population was lower than auto aim lobbies. My friends were all on auto aim lobbies. So I couldn't play contact missions, heists, free roam or doomsday heist with them while having free aim setting myself. Even at times, there was nobody playing contact missions, heist or doomsday heist on the free aim lobbies.

At the moment in RD online, free aim and auto aim - wide players can literally play together in showdown, free roam, stranger missions and story missions. By story missions, I mean horley. Not the single player with arthur and john marston. So that's a big improvement. In fact, I actually wanted to grind contact missions on GTA online on free aim, while playing with friends in auto aim. And it would've been fine cos free aim players get like +10% to +25% RP bonus from free aim kills and at the end for when finishing the mission for RP.

There is a clear difference when people talk about free aim and free aim lobbies. Free aim is just a targetting setting. A lobby would refer to everyone in a session. All you had to do was just mention one more word, and it would've been clear what you're on about. But at the same time, I don't actually think free aim lobbies would come at all. Since free aim is an option in targetting setting. In a longer term if auto aim and free aim lobbies were separate, the player base would get split and people on different targetting settings can't play with eachother for PvE (player versus enemies) content. I might try out free aim when I'm completed done with this game, for a different perspective. And also make the game harder for myself when doing PvE content. But there also needs to be some kind of incentive to try out free aim. Like some kind of XP or $ money bonus. At the moment, there isn't any I think.

Edited by Ektope

TiberiusMcQueen
4 hours ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

Mute character is ok until characters in the mission start talking to you or when you already know your character has a voice. Then your whole team kinda looks like they rode the short bus. The basics are there in RDRO, like you know they have a voice they just don't talk, because when I get hurt my character moans or yells/screams, but only on hit contact. Other than that its just the whistle and........yeah. Its just the missions cutscenes that are cringe from time to time like GTAO........they just make our characters look kinda slow which describes how some people make their character act, but me and my brother was watching the first cutscenes of both GTAO and RDRO and we was just looking like:

Related image

The thing about it that annoys me the most is that R* is more than capable of providing a wide variety of actual character voices and personalities for us to choose from, as well as alternate starting options for our characters so they don't all have the same backstory, and in general providing tons of ways for our characters to be truly unique, but they just don't really care about providing a deep and immersive online experience. Their handling of the game would not annoy me anywhere near as much as it does if I didn't know they were capable of so much more than they've given us for RDO, they're one of the most talented studios currently running and they're just phoning it in for RDO.

BobDyl
9 hours ago, tonko said:

Yes agree 100%. RDR1 online was damn fun while it lasted!  Reminded me of Quake a little bit where I just laughed constantly while playing, even while getting owned. RDO is PTSD-inducing hot garbage. On the graphics comment, I agree with that too. However, I've also played RDR1 in Xbox One X enhanced mode and - although it's not as graphically beautiful as RDR2 - it looks beyond fantastic for such an old game.

GenericGTAO

Gun Rush is very pathetic.  It is literally the worst adversary mode R* has ever made.  Its like they said, oh that will be a cool idea, and then never even played it.  It literally has no thought to it.  I played it a couple of times when it came out.  I just tried to give it another chance.

The map is too small to start.  The guns should not appear on the map so as to give away your location.  Not enough people play because if you die in the first minute, and you wait until the end you get $1, no gold, 50xp.  Why is anyone going to stay for that?  If you wait, boom, you get .02 gold, $10, and 150 xp.  I realize it would be abused, but to incentivize people to actually stay.  It biggest problem really is about dying early, which happens to everyone.  And then there is no incentive to stay.  I can only imagine 30 people on a map, opponents are probably fist fighting on the edge for 3 mintues.  I havent seen more than 20 peope play yet. Also why are explosive arrows in the mode, so dumb.  

Make it count is sooooo much better.  Although, the one hit kill is a bit annoying in that mode.  

Larcen
11 minutes ago, GenericGTAO said:

Gun Rush is very pathetic. 

I haven't played it yet and I have zero desire to do so.

Thanks for the writeup.  It's basically just how I imagined it.

DarksunDaFirst
57 minutes ago, Larcen said:

I haven't played it yet and I have zero desire to do so.

Thanks for the writeup.  It's basically just how I imagined it.

It's basically Fortnite...with horses!

ThaBirdCoot
32 minutes ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

It's basically Fortnite...with horses!

I don't like Fortnite, but that is an insult to Fortnite ;)

Chrismads

Gun rush is cool. Hell of a lot better than Fartnite.

Who cares if people stays to the end of the game?

I won 2 games and got like 48 and  67 dollars. Thats decent

XxJazzy42xX
15 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Gun rush is cool. Hell of a lot better than Fartnite.

Who cares if people stays to the end of the game?

I won 2 games and got like 48 and  67 dollars. Thats decent

If you like it more power to you. Enjoy it. Some say that Showdown Series is played out, but I enjoy it myself especially Showdown Series Large. Any way is a decent way to pick up money and xp too without noticing if you enjoy it to the highest degree and it doesn't burn ya out.

S1ster P1stol

I'm actually mad that our online characters don't have satchels like in story mode. The animation is there but here I am STUFFING A DEAD TINY BIRD, SOME SQUIRRELS, LITTLE FISH AND SOME MEAT INTO MY DAMN IMAGINARY SATCHEL. 

Also, I wish so much there were trappers online to make some of the cool clothes from legendary animals. If we had 50 stunt jumps that we could complete online...why can't we have legendary animals in both? Wtf cockstar

tonko
13 hours ago, BobDyl said:

Yes agree 100%. RDR1 online was damn fun while it lasted!  Reminded me of Quake a little bit where I just laughed constantly while playing, even while getting owned. RDO is PTSD-inducing hot garbage. On the graphics comment, I agree with that too. However, I've also played RDR1 in Xbox One X enhanced mode and - although it's not as graphically beautiful as RDR2 - it looks beyond fantastic for such an old game.

My biggest issue is...i'm not having fun in RDO. And that's a central and most important purpose of a videogame. That's why i'm always ranting about RDR 1 fun aspect which was off the charts.

But i'll stick with it, i'm not giving up. I've waited this game for 4 damn years.

tonko

Tired of Pinky gang, Lonesome cowboys, Hell hounds, etc. It's not a groundbreaking concept, colours are too similar, so much confusion. If there's gonna be a preset gangs for various modes why not using something that worked well before. For example: Rebeldes, American Army, Cattle Rustlers, Walton's Gang, Dutch's gang. Just food for thought. We could have similar concept in RDR2: Skinners, Murfree Brood, Del Lobos, etc. Much, much better and realistic than this current solution.

5ulfft.jpg

Edited by tonko

Shane_Dbns

Still don't understand why it's going to take Rockstar months to fix stuff. It's not like they're some indie developer. It would be great if they could patch some small stuff like clipping, character appearance glitches and general stability of the online experience now. 

Guess they're too busy thinking of ways to monetise game :/

S1ster P1stol
3 hours ago, Shane_Dbns said:

Still, don't understand why it's going to take Rockstar months to fix stuff. It's not like they're some indie developer. It would be great if they could patch some small stuff like clipping, character appearance glitches and general stability of the online experience now. 

Guess they're too busy thinking of ways to monetise game :/

Because they thought it would be a good idea to put focus on 2 games. sh*t, GTA5/online is STILL buggy as f*ck. I load into to story mode and see cars falling from the sky, online too. My friends was a hell of time staying connected yesterday and normally I am the one with terrible connections, only disconnected once. I just wish they would drop GTAO. It's been 5 years. There's plenty to do, plenty of ways to make money. Bring the main focus to RDO, where it NEEDS proper attention. R* is just a bunch of money hungry asshats thst don't really listen to the player base 

DentureDynamite
On 1/31/2019 at 1:00 AM, rusbeckia said:

I  can't stand all this "no benzie anymore, everything is going to sh*t"-mentality seen often anymore. If that's your opinion and you hate the path r* took, quit playing the game and stop supporting this multibillion$ corporation. But yea.. everything was better in the old days, right?

Leslie Benzies actually cared about game play, unlike Rockstar and the Hoser Houser brothers:

"Funnily enough, Sam Houser didn't give a f*ck about GTA Online when it was being developed, according to Leslie Benzies, who created GTA Online. But now that there's (a lot of) money to be made with it, he's very very much interested in it."

http://yan2295.com/the-future-of-gta.php

Rockstar's idea of game play is Gun Rush and Adversary Modes.

Need I say more?

Edited by DentureDynamite

jje1000
2 hours ago, Justklt95 said:

Because they thought it would be a good idea to put focus on 2 games. sh*t, GTA5/online is STILL buggy as f*ck. I load into to story mode and see cars falling from the sky, online too. My friends was a hell of time staying connected yesterday and normally I am the one with terrible connections, only disconnected once. I just wish they would drop GTAO. It's been 5 years. There's plenty to do, plenty of ways to make money. Bring the main focus to RDO, where it NEEDS proper attention. R* is just a bunch of money hungry asshats thst don't really listen to the player base 

There are multiple Rockstar Studios, they should have been able to delegate these sorts of things accordingly. It speaks more of studio disarray if they aren't able to effectively manage more than two games at once.

But then again, GTAO should have been taken off Rockstar's hands and given to another TakeTwo company that focuses on Online game maintenance long ago. Heck, they should have even partnered up with another TakeTwo company on their online components, as Rockstar still clearly has little experience with these sorts of things and it clashes with their ability to develop what they do know- which is single-player experiences.

Dr.Rosenthal

Hunting in Bluewater Marsh. A posse leader shows up closeby, he’s skinning an animal. I ride past him, keeping my distance. Then his buddy shows up, either through proxy spawn or from wherever. Anyway. My friend asks if they’re friendly. I say ”I think so.”.

The one who isn’t the leader starts throwing dynamite around. He throws Molotovs at the alligators. This, of course, spooks all the animals in the area, including our horses, essentially ruining what was a peaceful hunting trip. Whatever. They seem to be calming down after a while, and I’m still keeping my distance.

Then the one who isn’t posse leader starts riding slowly towards me. I’m holding my Varmint rifle in my hands, since I’m hunting. He rides even closer so now he’s only a few meters away from me - I don’t do anything. I’m thinking maybe he wants to just say hello, but I’m starting to feel that something’s about to happen.

I’m right. He pulls his Bolt Action rifle up to aim at me, and the moment he does, I draw the Varmint and shoot him between the eyes.

It’s like some people just have to try and take a shot at you. It’s like they have to blow animals up using petrol and TNT. No regard for the consequences. No brilliance or cleverness to it. Just acting retarded.

Me and my friend kept killing him until his posse leader (who seemed alright and we didn’t attack any of the others, only this douche), rode in and got him to jump up on his horse and then legged it north.

TheSadisticOwl

Killing other players in Master Archer should get you disqualified. Change my mind.