4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Revrico
37 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Okay, and you want customers to applaud and praise the corporate greed? they created a decent experience with SP, they made 700 million dollars in it's first three days, that just proves that they can create a decent experience and make money at the same time, this, this is not.

Applaud it? No, quite the opposite actually, but understand it doesn't matter. Publicly traded companies of any sort only answer to shareholders. Period. The only way to force a change is to become a big enough shareholder to have a say, and if you're that big, you're probably not wasting time playing videogames anyway. 

Welcome to corporate America, where the consumer has a right to purchase whatever sh*t they get handed. 

I'm still pissed I had to buy a bunch of online garbage I don't want just to have the full single player story. And what am I doing about it? In another decade when they pull this stunt again with Bully 2 or GTA6, I won't be buying it. Nothing else to do once they have your money other than not okay if you don't like it.

As an aside, I truly hate to be holding this position, but what else is there? Keep playing and bitching to deaf ears? The only reason I am even half assed defending this is because of the bullsh*t I'm going through with a privately owned company who thinks an alpha release was an acceptable delivery under the guise of a AAA game. 

Lonely-Martin
4 hours ago, elfoam said:

Changing it on the fly will work

I don't understand this Elfoam, if you could give any info that would be awesome. Do you mean load up and then change it?

I feel I'll be reliant on this. :)

Journey_95
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

Had a few free roam battles/pvp

Wow.... such utter trash.

Massively laggy, enemy teleports all over. Appears in front, then behind. You laso someone and they magically pop out free. It's like gaming back on 56k modems or something.

Trying to do some freeroam quests for like 80cents.... nah... posse of asshats shows up and keeps killing you over and over. Is there a friendly server? Solo? Invite only? Private?

Nope. Despite the community being incredibly f*cking loud that we don't like free roam pvp trash... R* thought, may as well force feed it to you again with no way of opting out or escaping to your own session.

RDRO confirmed to be unplayable on PC in that case due to the hordes of modders it will attract.

I think I'm out, already. Grindy,  pvp/freeroam, hideous prices and trolls galore with no option to play how YOU want. Once again my gaming experience will be dictated to me by anti-social f*ckwits. 

It's like R* hasn't learned a single thing or taken any feedback since the massive mess GTAO has become.

They don't give a f*ck about Feedback because GTA O was (and continues to be) ridiculously successful (blame the kids who bought all those shark cards) so they just copied it for RDR2. Smart from their greedy perspective, bad for the Players 

It remains to be seen if this stays popular or if People finally get sick of it

RyuNova

Why were people expecting anything different? Do you honestly think that this place is indicative of the actual GTAO player base? You know who's stats R* is looking at and building RDRO off? The Shark Card Whales and do you honestly think that the SCW spend tens of hours grinding millions for the latest meme mobile? Hours of grinding that R* gets no money from?

No, they drop real money and buy it in seconds.

I mean this respectfully but R* does not give a flying f*ck what you think and you are a fool to think otherwise. They don't cater to the grinder who has hours and hours, they cater to the payer who has money and money.

I warned you all to expect this.

Tampinha85

Just bought my Schofield!!

And i only had to grind for A DAY and finish almost all story missions for the rewards 

Still having fun tho. Still...

jdv95

so when can the 2nd tier players start today?

now or at the same hour as th 1st tier players yesterday?

Tampinha85

I know why they make you spawn miles from camp everytime, they want you forking out that 2 bucks everytime to set camp near you ;)

Also if you guys notice, all story missions are very far from each other, ive done a mission in Tumbleweed only to be sent to Van Horn on the next one. This way you are always paying a few extra bucks for fast traveling ;)

Edited by Tampinha85

trevorjc2511
1 hour ago, stroup said:

Played for around 3 hours last night.  Actually didn't mind the creator too much, the intro part was decent but...then I was dumped in a lobby.  I will return when there are some lobby options. 

So back to story mode where I'm still in chapter 3.

I've completed story and epilogue but i think i might start a new game and just stay in Chapter 2 or 3 Much more fun :)

7nvd

For people defending this mircrotransaction (pay to pay) bullsh*t:

In the past, a storywriter could come up with a great mission, and a technical developer could make it. 

With this microtransactions pay to pay model, they now need to either add loading times, unskippable cut scenes or boring long travel times,  or heavily reduce payouts, otherwise it will be the only mission everyone plays.

So even if you pay or grind, the game ITSELF suffers by this!

It took me 4000 hours of GTAO to figure this out (Yes I'm stupid :p) but this theme comes back everywhere.

Free to play or not, this system sucks the life out of creative and compelling games. It's sad that R* earned millions with this, because apparently people don't care that their IP's get ruined. (B..b...But it's free! It's a beta!)

Count me out.

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Ahaha you can actually pay those gold bars to be honorable in this game, what a joke.

HGzokYF.jpg

Wow!

Banana

Anyone else play on Day 1 but don't have access to Online? ):<

Edited by Banana

jdv95
4 minutes ago, Banana said:

it's not out yet.

it will unlock in about an hour.

Lonely-Martin
24 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Why were people expecting anything different? Do you honestly think that this place is indicative of the actual GTAO player base? You know who's stats R* is looking at and building RDRO off? The Shark Card Whales and do you honestly think that the SCW spend tens of hours grinding millions for the latest meme mobile? Hours of grinding that R* gets no money from?

No, they drop real money and buy it in seconds.

I mean this respectfully but R* does not give a flying f*ck what you think and you are a fool to think otherwise. They don't cater to the grinder who has hours and hours, they cater to the payer who has money and money.

I warned you all to expect this.

Na, they warned us.

GTA:O was undermonitised. And freeloaders leech!

Mrs. Buzz

I want to transfer and play my online char. gal (in)to SP, so it was actually worth to create her. Thank you, R*.

RyuNova
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

GTA:O was undermonitised. And freeloaders leech!

Exactly. GTAO was undermonetised? Are you serious R*? f*ck off.

Lonely-Martin
14 minutes ago, Banana said:

Yeah, yesterday was a washout. I expect more bollocks when the next wave comes. 

Beta not complain here though, lol.

lennymuhboi

Better not lose my rank damn 

AndyGanteks
4 hours ago, ottovanbeefsteak said:

-no binoculars

You can buy them via the catalogue you carry(hold left on d-pad)

I suggest y'all write here https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

I'm sure they're going to listen, at least in these early stages when the game is still getting shaped up for full release.

HoodedWatermelon

Damn 7 pages already? YIKES. I had fun yesterday, but they need to improve or otherwise I'll move on within a couple of months

Rooni

No free aim servers is pathetic. 

Also hit detection seems a bit off. I shot a couple guys in some TDMs and their skulls went 90 degrees back, touched their spines, and they still killed me. Like excuse me wtf is that. 

Cratoz
1 minute ago, AndyGanteks said:

I suggest y'all write here https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

I'm sure they're going to listen, at least in these early stages when the game is still getting shaped up for full release.

Just wanted to say the same. Rockstar is asking for feedback, what we like and dislike, what features we want etc. We should focus energy at that right now because  theres still good chance that a lot will be improved instead of dismissing it outright without even trying.

DangerZ0neX
15 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

I got down voted to hell for calling out the blatant PvP and MTX focus of this game on r/reddeadredemption  in long rant summarizing all the issues that I have with the game and how it's just another GTA:O.

Dudes can't handle any criticism at all, LMAO!

Reddit is a f*cking cesspool, man. There's a reason why everyone mocks it for being a circlejerk.

I do have a feeling that r/reddeadredemption will be as cancerous as r/gtaonline.

RetardOfTheYear

They are already listening, by pinning a 'RDRO praise' post (since the bitch and moan clearly doesn't need to be pinned to stay on top anyway...) Relax, i don't want to hurt any crypto R* shill feeling here I'm only kiddin.

jdv95

gave them feedback on the support website you guys linked us to. tnx for that btw.

gave them feedback about adding a improved and fair passive mode system,because it's just a shame it is not in the game.

and i also asked them to adjust the prices for atleast the weapons so that players with less time to grind will have a more accessible game aswell.

ofcourse it was all typed down in a civil and calm manner.

RedDeadLawMan
1 hour ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Ahaha you can actually pay those gold bars to be honorable in this game, what a joke.

HGzokYF.jpg

Oh and you can actually get kicked for idling while using the cinematic camera in online, basically ruining the purpose of it.

Wow what a joke, so the trolls and griefers can just kill away all they want, then use mommys credit card to buy full honor again. Guns = Pay to Win , Horses = Pay To Win , $ = Pay to Win , Gold = Pay to Win , even HONOR = PAY TO WIN!?. The more I see the more I'm thinking I won't even bother to play online. I require Free Aim and that's not available anyway, sounds like it's just a microtransaction filled grind fest. GTA Online repeated. Gotta love them War Bonds and Shark Cards. Have killed Rockstar Games online scene completely. 

The Holy Diver
Just now, RedDeadLawMan said:

Wow what a joke, so the trolls and griefers can just kill away all they want, then use mommys credit card to buy full honor again. Guns = Pay to Win , Horses = Pay To Win , $ = Pay to Win , Gold = Pay to Win , even HONOR = PAY TO WIN!?. The more I see the more I'm thinking I won't even bother to play online. I require Free Aim and that's not available anyway, sounds like it's just a microtransaction filled grind fest. GTA Online repeated. Gotta love them War Bonds and Shark Cards. Have killed Rockstar Games online scene completely. 

Just be evil. Low honor is the superior choice for Online. 

RedDeadLawMan
Just now, The Holy Diver said:

Walking/Riding around killing every blip on the map is not fun to me. I don't get joy out of simply killing other players in video games. I need a reason. There is enough toxic players already. I'd rather just be passive and piss people off and kill all the griefers when I can and then piss off to some " Safe zone " where they cannot kill me to troll them. 

Maddened_Ghost

I've sent them on their feedback section twice already and I'm planning to keep doing so until the next patch, if nothing's changed by then, then that's it, that's the Red Dead Online they want to deliver.

What a shame, I can't even relate Red Dead Redemption 2 to Red Dead Online, it's like if it was made by two completely different companies with different visions, congrats Rockstar, you kept your trend of turning an amazing experience into a horrible mess.

jdv95
8 minutes ago, The Holy Diver said:

if a game forces me to play a specific way just to even out some bad design choices then i rather not play it at all.

the character i have in mind is not some mindless trigger happy killer without morals. 

people look forward to online to further their roleplay ideas but with a character of their own,not to follow a playstyle just so they will have a easier time when it comes to the game's economy. not counting the mindless griefers though.

Edited by jdv95

Fatsanchez
18 minutes ago, Rooni said:

No free aim servers is pathetic. 

Also hit detection seems a bit off. I shot a couple guys in some TDMs and their skulls went 90 degrees back, touched their spines, and they still killed me. Like excuse me wtf is that. 

It seems that there are abilities tied to Auto Aim. To be specific, there is one Dead-Eye ability which makes you un-lockable while you are using it. Based on this I dont think R* is planning Free-aim lobbies unfortunately.

Also, $360 for a Bolt-action Rifle? F*CK U R*.

I played all day yesterday and managed to gather $200. Bought the bow and some clothes and boom, all is gone.

I really hope they revise those prices.