1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

mde2
9 hours ago, volta2001 said:

A bunch of stupid blips on a map running around shooting each other 

Hate to say it but this is what most people should have been expecting.

R*Phenomenon

Its pathetic that half of the bad critisism here comes from people who havent even played RDO yet and just seen some vids.. 

Ive got 6 hours in so far, did some story mode and some hunting and some last man standing, and i like it a lot! i love this complete map available to free roam online, sure there's bits and pieces which can be better, but i was positively surprised..And its just a BETA fase!!  Some of you guys are just lazy spoiled people.. probably cant even code a line themselves but when there's a bitching opportunity here they are..

Dont get me wrong, it sure has some flaws which could be better, but give them the chance.. its early beta stage.

I had no bugs, no glitches, no lag (even in full lobby) no disconnections.. but nothing about that.. lets just bitch and moan and be spoiled brats.

For me it was also a positive experience theres just as much wildlife as in singleplayer, i would have thought this would be dumbed down massively.

no option to do minigames like poker or blackjack is the only let down for me so far.

Edited by R*Phenomenon

White Shark

@R*Phenomenon my gripe isn't any bugs glitches etc, as I understand all games, Beta or otherwise suffer with these. My issues are things like blips on the map and the way currency has been implemented. These aren't bugs, but planned out mechanics of the game and unlikely to be reversed.

Blips on a map have no place in a game like this. You should be able to go about minding your own business and only come across other players by chance or if you have arranged to meet. It shouldn't be everyone charging towards each other because they can see their blip. It also takes the fun out of activities like bounty hunting.

That's my issue anyway. If Rockstar change this, I'll gladly apologise for my initial criticism.

Maddened_Ghost
26 minutes ago, R*Phenomenon said:

Its pathetic that half of the bad critisism here comes from people who havent even played RDO yet and just seen some vids.. 

Ive got 6 hours in so far, did some story mode and some hunting and some last man standing, and i like it a lot! i love this complete map available to free roam online, sure there's bits and pieces which can be better, but i was positively surprised..And its just a BETA fase!!  Some of you guys are just lazy spoiled people.. probably cant even code a line themselves but when there's a bitching opportunity here they are..

Dont get me wrong, it sure has some flaws which could be better, but give them the chance.. its early beta stage.

I had no bugs, no glitches, no lag (even in full lobby) no disconnections.. but nothing about that.. lets just bitch and moan and be spoiled brats.

For me it was also a positive experience theres just as much wildlife as in singleplayer, i would have thought this would be dumbed down massively.

no option to do minigames like poker or blackjack is the only let down for me so far.

Uhhhh ... Yeah I don't know what game you're playing.

R*Phenomenon
12 minutes ago, White Shark said:

unlikely to be reversed.

why is it unlikely ?? if everyone would tell Rockstar it would be better to change, why wouldnt they... start thinking possitive.. maybe a beta is just for things like this??.. to let a community tell what they think are flaws or bugs.. so they know how to change it.

15 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Uhhhh ... Yeah I don't know what game you're playing.

its Red Dead Online... what kind of reaction is this..??  just tell what u want to say.. or do you just want to let me know your not agreeing with me? 

because if so you can just tell me.. and if you want to contribute.. what is it youre not agreeing with??  and not ask yourself which game im playing like a little kid.

Wolfmctavish
14 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

It's GTA:O all over again, even with the crap payouts, horse insurance and mute characters...

R* doesn't f*cking learn, so screw it, I'm not giving them the satisfaction of playing this sh*tshow once it's available.

You don't need horse insurance, if the player kills your horse they pay for it, if you kill your horse you can pay the vet bill 🤷‍♂️ 

Maddened_Ghost
16 minutes ago, R*Phenomenon said:

why is it unlikely ?? if everyone would tell Rockstar it would be better to change, why wouldnt they... start thinking possitive.. maybe a beta is just for things like this??.. to let a community tell what they think are flaws or bugs.. so they know how to change it.

its Red Dead Online... what kind of reaction is this..??  just tell what u want to say.. or do you just want to let me know your not agreeing with me? 

because if so you can just tell me.. and if you want to contribute.. what is it youre not agreeing with??  and not ask yourself which game im playing like a little kid.

I've just asked what game you're playing, no need to call me a little kid, because you're the one sounding like a little kid doing that, don't be rude now little kid.

I don't want to contribute, you know why? because I already did, whatever you're talking about sounds nothing like RDO, have a read in this thread if you want contribution, you will find some of my posts, aka "contribution", in here, by the way.

but you know what? let me be the mature and not argue with little kids, I'll say "good for you", since you're enjoying your experience, me and most people posting here in this thread (which is for complains by the way so I question the relevance of your post to it, as there's a praise thread) are not.

this rambling is done.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

RayD70
45 minutes ago, R*Phenomenon said:

Calm down there. R* isn't going to give you a cookie and they deserve every bit of scorn this thread (and others) are throwing at them.

No bugs? Only pelts disappearing constantly, so, you know, one less source of (already pathetically anemic) income. Set your camp in New Hanover. Do mission. Come out of mission and it's all the way past Armadillo! But don't worry.  Just spend ALL THE MONEY YOU GOT FROM THAT MISSION and you can get your camp back.

$134 for a bow. Doesn't sound like much until you've ground out missions for over 8 hours - only spending on necessities and occasionally traveling to where you need to go to start the next one  -  and only now have $100. $80 for a single gun upgrade. $50 just to change the color of your camp's FLAG!!! Almost $40 for some haircuts. Forget the $400 guns and $1000 horses. The most money I made on a mission was $11. It took me longer to make my first net $100 in this game than it did to make my first million in GTA:O... and I started long before heists. Still don't have a single gun with a single upgrade. Haven't bought a new gun, or saddle, or stirrups, or clothing, or camp upgrade. NOTHING TO SHOW for 10 hours of play. Nothing. I wasn't putzing around wasting time either. Oh, I did manage to get robbed of $50 because the game told me I had a new attribute to apply - then took $50 from me without telling me it would cost that, nor asking for confirmation.  Grrrrrr I only get by because I have the Ultimate Edition, so they gave me a few things. If I started with none of that, I would have quit in hour 2 when the writing was on the wall. but stupidly, I keep grinding thinking sooner or later, something better has to unlock. Fat chance.

These prices are not accidental. The pathetic pittance they pay out isn't an accident. It's no longer being jaded to say it's all about milking us dry with microtransactions. I never understood the whining about GTA:O. Making money there was EASY. In this game, you're living in 2018, getting paid 1965 minimum wage. Fix this immediately, R*, or you'll never see another dime from me. RDR2 is the best game I've ever played since RDR. But RD:O is the worst example of sheer greed and stupidity I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

Da Elite Ninjah
6 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

I never understood the whining about GTA:O. Making money there was EASY. In this game, you're living in 2018, getting paid 1965 minimum wage. Fix this immediately, R*, or you'll never see another dime from me. RDR2 is the best game I've ever played since RDR. But RD:O is the worst example of sheer greed and stupidity I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

Making money was easy, maybe. But making millions was not easy on your first day of GTA Online. 

Who knows what you find out in a week..... 

Broblab
2 hours ago, pizza4life said:

Remember back in late 2013 when GTA online launched and it was one of the biggest sh*t shows in history? 

Rememeber after awhile when it became and amazing and fun game for a large chunk of time?

Yea, same thing is probably gonna happen here folks. 

It’s day 1 and it’s already leagues ahead of where GTA was on day 1. 

yeah i was gonna say that.

yall are sitting here pissing and moaning, which you are more than welcome to do, but at least its WORKING. you know?

RayD70
2 minutes ago, Da Elite Ninjah said:

Making money was easy, maybe. But making millions was not easy on your first day of GTA Online. 

No. But on my first day, I bought and upgraded (as much as my level allowed) a few guns, a few outfits and a nice car and bought an apartment. From a few hours of grinding mostly solo missions. In a couple days, I had a great car. In a week, I had a few great cars. In 2 weeks, I was rolling.

This is ridiculous. In 2 weeks, I might be able to put a longer barrel on my revolver...

Maddened_Ghost
20 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

Calm down there. R* isn't going to give you a cookie and they deserve every bit of scorn this thread (and others) are throwing at them.

No bugs? Only pelts disappearing constantly, so, you know, one less source of (already pathetically anemic) income. Set your camp in New Hanover. Do mission. Come out of mission and it's all the way past Armadillo! But don't worry.  Just spend ALL THE MONEY YOU GOT FROM THAT MISSION and you can get your camp back.

$134 for a bow. Doesn't sound like much until you've ground out missions for over 8 hours - only spending on necessities and occasionally traveling to where you need to go to start the next one  -  and only now have $100. $80 for a single gun upgrade. $50 just to change the color of your camp's FLAG!!! Almost $40 for some haircuts. Forget the $400 guns and $1000 horses. The most money I made on a mission was $11. It took me longer to make my first net $100 in this game than it did to make my first million in GTA:O... and I started long before heists. Still don't have a single gun with a single upgrade. Haven't bought a new gun, or saddle, or stirrups, or clothing, or camp upgrade. NOTHING TO SHOW for 10 hours of play. Nothing. I wasn't putzing around wasting time either. Oh, I did manage to get robbed of $50 because the game told me I had a new attribute to apply - then took $50 from me without telling me it would cost that, nor asking for confirmation.  Grrrrrr I only get by because I have the Ultimate Edition, so they gave me a few things. If I started with none of that, I would have quit in hour 2 when the writing was on the wall. but stupidly, I keep grinding thinking sooner or later, something better has to unlock. Fat chance.

These prices are not accidental. The pathetic pittance they pay out isn't an accident. It's no longer being jaded to say it's all about milking us dry with microtransactions. I never understood the whining about GTA:O. Making money there was EASY. In this game, you're living in 2018, getting paid 1965 minimum wage. Fix this immediately, R*, or you'll never see another dime from me. RDR2 is the best game I've ever played since RDR. But RD:O is the worst example of sheer greed and stupidity I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

oh you watch it you! how dare you complain about this game, it's in the Beehhtaaahhhh stage, and it's just dIE oNe! in about 20 years from now I'm sure it will be perfect, they haven't learned from the last 5 years, I'm sure they will learn between now and the next patch, don't you worry!

I agree with everything you just said, add in the fact that blips are everywhere and that doesn't work in this concept, and that first person scumbags are already ruining the PVP since they magically run as fast as cheetahs in this game as well, moon-walking their way in the competitive modes.

This game in it's current stage makes GTA Online look golden, almost feels as if RDO came out first.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

Arkane

I have to agree that this beta gave us all a preview of what's to come. You don't even get a chance to play around a bit before someone is trying to kill you out of nowhere. I was in the general store in Valentine and all I hear is this player trying their hardest to shoot me while I browse the catalog. Same thing while at a butcher shop.Or if you go to a remote place where there are no players to see if you can find goods and loot in a house you've tagged for searching, you have that one or more pink blips coming for you. I hate checking the map constantly to see if anyone will be headed my way with ill intent.

I hope as others have said solo/invite only options open up. Maybe even both PVE and PVP options where those who enjoy killing each other and griefing can roam free and do their thing, and the other side can roam free, do their missions, explore, shop or even fish and not have to worry about someone on some BS trying to ruin it because they want a reaction.

Also why are fishing rods locked behind a rank? That is something else.

LunaticPandora
5 hours ago, R*Phenomenon said:

Are you..... new to Rockstar or something? There are countless things in GTAO people have been asking them to fix, some issues that have been around for years, and unless it's something involving money glitches, they don't care. I expect it to be the same with RDO. And the beta is just on a first come first serve basis - those who paid extra for the ultimate edition or bought it on release day get to play early, so I highly doubt its an actual "beta," that would have taken place weeks before launch, not days. 

Edited by LunaticPandora

Pocket Fox

Had a few free roam battles/pvp

Wow.... such utter trash.

Massively laggy, enemy teleports all over. Appears in front, then behind. You laso someone and they magically pop out free. It's like gaming back on 56k modems or something.

Trying to do some freeroam quests for like 80cents.... nah... posse of asshats shows up and keeps killing you over and over. Is there a friendly server? Solo? Invite only? Private?

Nope. Despite the community being incredibly f*cking loud that we don't like free roam pvp trash... R* thought, may as well force feed it to you again with no way of opting out or escaping to your own session.

RDRO confirmed to be unplayable on PC in that case due to the hordes of modders it will attract.

I think I'm out, already. Grindy,  pvp/freeroam, hideous prices and trolls galore with no option to play how YOU want. Once again my gaming experience will be dictated to me by anti-social f*ckwits. 

It's like R* hasn't learned a single thing or taken any feedback since the massive mess GTAO has become.

Ring Dang Do

I hate when you search for a match and the search isn't successful but when you get back to free roam it's dropped you off at the other side of the map in the middle of nowhere 

stroup

Played for around 3 hours last night.  Actually didn't mind the creator too much, the intro part was decent but...then I was dumped in a lobby.  I will return when there are some lobby options. 

So back to story mode where I'm still in chapter 3.

R*Phenomenon

Im around since the launch of GTA1 and 2 in the early pentium 100 and windows 95 days... 

But maybe i just take life as it is.. i still enjoy GTAO with friends.

And i was at its launch on PS3... but i'd like you to go back to 1st day GTAO and see what its become today.. 

You might like it or not.. but theres a ton load of content which is all released for free which wasnt there day 1.

Heists, Stunt races, bunkers, ceo offices, biker clubs, tons of different adversery modes, Hangars, mobile com center, yachts , gunrunning,vehicle missions... and this is not nearly all that wasnt in day one GTAO.. 

So if RDO brings only half of this im quite pleased.

TheSantader25
36 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

No. But on my first day, I bought and upgraded (as much as my level allowed) a few guns, a few outfits and a nice car and bought an apartment. From a few hours of grinding mostly solo missions. In a couple days, I had a great car. In a week, I had a few great cars. In 2 weeks, I was rolling.

This is ridiculous. In 2 weeks, I might be able to put a longer barrel on my revolver...

That's horsesh*t. I didn't get to buy a good apartment and a good super car Until I got to rank 40.I played for a month. You probably played GTA O 24/7 that you got those that quick or you may have started playing after 2015 which had different money making methods. My experience is from 2013.

Edited by TheSantader25

Jedster
12 minutes ago, R*Phenomenon said:

Im around since the launch of GTA1 and 2 in the early pentium 100 and windows 95 days... 

But maybe i just take life as it is.. i still enjoy GTAO with friends.

And i was at its launch on PS3... but i'd like you to go back to 1st day GTAO and see what its become today.. 

You might like it or not.. but theres a ton load of content which is all released for free which wasnt there day 1.

Heists, Stunt races, bunkers, ceo offices, biker clubs, tons of different adversery modes, Hangars, mobile com center, yachts , gunrunning,vehicle missions... and this is not nearly all that wasnt in day one GTAO.. 

So if RDO brings only half of this im quite pleased.

As far as I can see, most people are not complaining about missing content, they are complaining about gameplay mechanics and design choices... so your argument is not really valid

Most of the content you mentioned hurt GTAO more than it helped IMO, but to each their own I guess.

Lucky you that you enjoy the game.

Maddened_Ghost

Ahaha you can actually pay those gold bars to be honorable in this game, what a joke.

HGzokYF.jpg

Oh and you can actually get kicked for idling while using the cinematic camera in online, basically ruining the purpose of it.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

Watain
1 hour ago, Da Elite Ninjah said:

The thing with GTA Online when it launched was you didn't have to be a millionaire. There were very few expensive cars and apartments. It was very easy to get started and rolling, with decent inflation and payouts at that time. About two hours in I bought my first car - the Bullet. Another two or three hours in and I bought my first high-end apartment as well. From there on you had a solid ground to go from as the game slowly expanded, and got more and more expensive.

In RD Online I've been playing (grinding) on my second character for maybe six hours now. I cannot even afford to upgrade one of the default guns everyone starts with...

To make a good example set by none other than R* themselves: when you play the intro the hired guns both get payed $50 dollars each for their work. Meanwhile when we do work in the game, our payouts land at literally a few stinkin' dollars. Somehow I don't think that was what R* intended at first, but I also don't know if it's a "beta bug" or indeed their greed that's made it what it is at the moment.

Also to anyone complaining about the many of us talking about "missing" content - it's not a bitch and moan topic on bugs exclusively - it's about everything that's possibly wrong and bad with the game.

Edited by Watain

Revrico

Someone please explain to me what exactly Rockstar needs to learn? They're coming off the heels of one of the most profitable entertainment items ever. It sounds to me like the players on this unofficial not owned by rockstar forum have a lot of learning to do. 

Like it or not, almost everything people want to piss and moan about here are the things that are making them money. Maybe it's up to the players to learn that billion dollar ideas don't revolve around 1000 people with controllers in their hands, but the millions of people, mostly idiot kids I'll grant you, that are already chomping at the bit to buy gold bars or buffalo farts or whatever the premium currency is.

Also, if you want to really see a buggy mess, head over to the official Bethesda forums and take a look at fallout 76. 

I'm just as annoyed as everyone else that they're continuing the gtao bullsh*t here, but seriously, what did you expect them to do, throw away their magic money printer? That's just being, well, retarded if you expected that to happen. 

Spider-Vice

We're in the first 20 hours of Red Dead Online... ignoring the current state of GTA Online, it was also pretty awful at launch, and they did end up tweaking things as time passed. 

Still veyr early for final judgements I feel.

Classique

3 seconds after I spawn back in a session from a mission, a dude that was in the mission with me sniped me, likely with a Repeater, when I was doing the "idle" animation we do after we join a session (and where it takes a few secs to break the idle animation). He ran away and called me a bitch over his mic. Nice community, huh.

Jesus Christ this is like Heists all over again, except you don't get another way of doing missions. No Passive Mode (that should be balanced), no solo-missions (except from freemode missions where players can come and shoot you to bits while riding a slowass wagon), and no solo/invite only sessions (that I'm aware of, pls correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I am :C ) .

I just wanna play RDRO with my friends and not with morons with a boner for griefing and blimp-hunting.

Edited by Classique

Maddened_Ghost
10 minutes ago, Revrico said:

Someone please explain to me what exactly Rockstar needs to learn? They're coming off the heels of one of the most profitable entertainment items ever. It sounds to me like the players on this unofficial not owned by rockstar forum have a lot of learning to do. 

Like it or not, almost everything people want to piss and moan about here are the things that are making them money. Maybe it's up to the players to learn that billion dollar ideas don't revolve around 1000 people with controllers in their hands, but the millions of people, mostly idiot kids I'll grant you, that are already chomping at the bit to buy gold bars or buffalo farts or whatever the premium currency is.

Also, if you want to really see a buggy mess, head over to the official Bethesda forums and take a look at fallout 76. 

I'm just as annoyed as everyone else that they're continuing the gtao bullsh*t here, but seriously, what did you expect them to do, throw away their magic money printer? That's just being, well, retarded if you expected that to happen. 

Okay, and you want customers to applaud and praise the corporate greed? they created a decent experience with SP, they made 700 million dollars in it's first three days, that just proves that they can create a decent experience and make money at the same time, this, this is not.

8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

We're in the first 20 hours of Red Dead Online... ignoring the current state of GTA Online, it was also pretty awful at launch, and they did end up tweaking things as time passed. 

Still veyr early for final judgements I feel.

Okay, if you insist on bringing GTAO into the conversation, that's 5 years worth of multiplayer experience, so RDO should've been a step ahead already, I was totally expecting alert screens, disconnections and loss of progress and it would've been fine, that I'd call "beta" and "day one" issues even though I don't agree with these terms, instead what I got was a somewhat functional game (only one disconnection so far and I got stuck after backing out of a mission that has already started) but the questionable game-design decisions completely destroyed all of that..

I guess there won't be any loss of progress issues if the game itself is making it difficult to progress.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

jdv95

for anyone saying that gta online was also crap at the beginning,well that does not excuse that rockstar made the same mistakes again.

it would be only logical that rockstar would have learned what was wrong with 2013 gta online and do their best to not repeat those mistakes in the early stages of red dead online.

i can accept that we don't have lobby options yet since this is also still a stress test,but to have the same weak payouts that plagued 2013 gta online and no option to not be in danger all the time in the forced public lobby,is just stupid game making on their part,since that could all have been avoided if they actually learned from the beta days of gta online.

i mean what's the point of learning if you are just going to ignore all the bad sh*t and remove the good stuff that your previous project has?

and yes this is a beta,but since when should we excuse a bad beta just because it is a beta? i mean if we don't call out the mistakes in the beta (which is 1 of the points of a beta) then how will rockstar know what is wrong besides the obvious?  i don't get why some people are hellbend on wanting to excuse the state of the beta just because  the gta online beta was that way aswell,when this beta should have been an improvement,instead of making the same mistakes.

menganese

My personal gripe of RDO is that the cops were turned into trigger happy killing machines again. I’m more upset about it this time because I thought that the wanted system in single player was very good and fleshed out this time around. I really liked the slow burn approach to how they escalate their aggression according to the severity of the crime and giving you the option to surrender when they escalate to the point that they deem an arrest is necessary. The quips the cops would give, especially that of those in Saint Denis were also very varied. It definitely felt very immersive. Needless to say, I was super disappointed to see all of this stripped away in the online component. Now it’s zero to death, where you go from not being wanted to being “Wanted Dead or Alive”. And I have little reason to believe they will add the more immersive system back in since the default shoot to kill disposition of the cops is apparently “by design” as the Crime section in the Help menu haphazardly tries to pass it off as. 

Anyways, lots of valid and legitimate complaints raised about RDO’s game mechanics by others here on this thread. I really hope Rockstar is reading. 

Edited by menganese

7nvd

Haven't even played it, but already see that the developers are only balancing grinding vs spending. 

Their focus will be on making playing the game frustrating and limiting for anyone who doesn't want to spend real money. Wrong focus if you ask me, balancing should be about making the game fair and enjoyable, not about making profit.

I'll play an IP where I can purchase a DLC if it's good, but am NOT limited in playing the game I payed for.

Journey_95
2 hours ago, RayD70 said:

GTA O sucked as well tbh, just a grindy mess build to sell Shark cards. This seems even worse but I'll keep buying their games as long as they deliver Quality SP Games and like you said RDR2 is probably their best one yet. No need to overreact..