OHHH MY SWEET SUMMER CHILD....

Solid contribution. 

Pocket Fox

-Low payouts

-Lots of running around busywork

-Pricey items/weapons

-Your camp moves and you gotta pay $$$$ to get it closer

-Mute protagonist 

-Terrible character creator (and currently can't find a way to DELETE my toon and start again)

-PvP open world bullsh*t AGAIN!

It's exactly the same as GTAO on release. sh*t payouts, tonnes of grind and PvP griefing in freeroam.

R* learned absolutely nothing from GTAO except how to re-brand their microtransactions and nickel and dime us better.

Tampinha85
8 hours ago, icefds said:

Damn, was looking forward to it.

Reading stuff like this, makes it look like gtao 2.0 though.

I will jump in tomorrow and decide for myself, but this doesn't sound good.

Not like GTAO at all, because there were police force around.

NPC density is another annoyance, i was in St Dennis just now wandering completely ALONE.

Also can we choose the place we spawn? why the f*ck R* makes me spawn 300 miles from my camp everytime i enter a session?

2 gold bars for a duster coat or unlock it on level 98, good luck grinding that for a miserable duster coat, or you may want to dress like a total douche untill you reach level 100.

Not even going to say anything about mission rewards..

Despite all that im having fun :(

Golgotha666

LOL poeple in here saying 'be calm, its just a beta.' If this is a beta, then GTAO is still in its beta stage. People who were not around during the launch of GTAO dont know their head from their ass. 

Watch as Rockstar does exactly the same sh*t: remove high paying, quick missions I.E. Rooftop Rumble, slash mission payouts by half & force you to spend as much time in Freeroam as possible because that's where you chew through cash the quickest.

Edited by Golgotha666
Grammatical error

Journey_95
3 hours ago, leerocklord said:

Damn. It sounds like huge disappointment so far.

Also, drop the "it's only  beta" argument. 5 years of GTAO and it's still full of bugs and stupid game breaking crap that's never been fixed.

9 minutes to enter my facility is my current record.

As soon as R* get it set up for micro transactions they'll only be around to fix money glitches.

I'll jump on when I can, check it out and if it just seems like I'll have to sink my whole life into it just to be able to buy a frigging pot of pomade then I'll leave it.

Life is too short for so much grinding.

Not sure what people expected..GTA:O has been ridiculously popular. Why would they change their style? The amount of grinding is there for microtransactions, and considering how many people bought them in GTA:O..it's not going anywhere

MusicMan05
16 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

Not sure what people expected..GTA:O has been ridiculously popular. Why would they change their style? The amount of grinding is there for microtransactions, and considering how many people bought them in GTA:O..it's not going anywhere

Except they did change their style with RDR:Online... The majority were expecting them to use GTA:Online's microtransatios again, but call it by a new name. Instead they've embraced a premium currency like every other developer.

Watain

I just played for four hours or so and was lucky to be in a completely empty session. Aside from feeling a bit empty due to the decreased NPC spawning, I had quite a decent time. It was relieving not having to look over your shoulder for storming pink dots every damn minute. The price tags on basically everything apart from ammo is still a dealbreaker, though.

I also feel like these new gold bar microtransactions are worse than the damn fish cards ever were. I've never liked GTA's microtransactions and I've advocated against them endlessly, but at least they better than the majority of microtransactions in the gaming business. Unlike loot boxes you knew what you were getting for your money and you could spend it freely within the game. While these gold bars are still kind of that as well, I don't like how they locked about half of all items behind them. Greedy bastards.

Next time they'll probably implement microtransactions into story mode as well.

Commander S

Saw the starter hairstyles, and wasn't particularly impressed - there are more options at the barber's, but they're all either oddly messy (why would you have the hairdresser make your hair look messier than when you came in - ?!?), or kind of stuffy and formal.

No option for, say, straight, long hair - and unlike GTAO, RDO actually has a proper hair physics engine this time, so it's not impossible by any means.

...also, what the heck was going on with the introduction?? Barely 10 minutes into the game, and your character has apparently been breaking rocks after getting (falsely?) accused of murder, while also being somehow connected to the murder of some random person's husband (by one of the people who you were apparently working with, who framed you for ...the whole other murder thing, I guess?), which means she now trusts you enough (?!?) to insist you avenge his death.

Wut. :dontgetit:

Remember how GTAO just had you fly into LS, meet up with Lamar, get set up with your first contact (start at the bottom, work your way up - basically GTA III all over again!), do a couple of quick example missions to get started, and done - ? Was it really too simplistic for R* to just have us step off the boat/train/whatever, meet up with someone who we (the players) might actually recognise from single-player (Sadie hooking you up with a quick bit of bounty hunting, for example), and get up and running with no undue fuss - ?

Shadowfennekin

Horse collision....

Ugh; Always when I end up colliding with another player they take it as an assault and try to kill me

Nemecsis
4 hours ago, leerocklord said:

Damn. It sounds like huge disappointment so far.

Also, drop the "it's only  beta" argument. 5 years of GTAO and it's still full of bugs and stupid game breaking crap that's never been fixed.

9 minutes to enter my facility is my current record.

As soon as R* get it set up for micro transactions they'll only be around to fix money glitches.

I'll jump on when I can, check it out and if it just seems like I'll have to sink my whole life into it just to be able to buy a frigging pot of pomade then I'll leave it.

Life is too short for so much grinding.

@ me next time, Chief. 😉

It's only beta, meaning things will likely get cheaper. The posse system will be improved. They'll make it less grindy in the future by adding more missions. A ton more content is on its way, and improvements (especially those most complained about) will be made, whether it's monetarily, cosmetically, gameplay, or what have you. Hardly anyone is on here complaining about "bugs" and that's not even what I'm talking about, so maybe drop the "GTA is still full of bugs" argument, my guy. Red Dead will improve over time. A lot more missions, clothing, and basically any content you can think of, will be added (probably) bi-weekly. The same way GTA did it. GTAO was a disaster for quite a while beyond release. Then it finally gained stability and R* could then focus on DLC. Everyone is expecting a perfect f*cking version of RDRO. It's called a "beta" for a reason. Rest assured, it will greatly improve over time.

Edited by Nemecsis

MidworldDrifter
3 hours ago, pro24 said:

No free aim lobby is a major let down.

I'm not really sure why R* keeps the lock on system when they are perfectly capable of creating a smooth free aim system. They made Max Payne 3 which had one of the best 3rd person shooting last generation and decided to use auto-aim in their most "hardcore" game yet.

Revoemag
7 hours ago, volta2001 said:

A bunch of stupid blips on a map running around shooting each other 

Such a bad decision to do this again..

Our blips shouldnt show up unless we are wanted by the law. It would have given a good reason to stay on the side of the law.

elfoam

URgh can't believe they still haven't removed blips on GTAO let alone added them to RDR2...

jje1000
51 minutes ago, Commander S said:

...also, what the heck was going on with the introduction?? Barely 10 minutes into the game, and your character has apparently been breaking rocks after getting (falsely?) accused of murder, while also being somehow connected to the murder of some random person's husband (by one of the people who you were apparently working with, who framed you for ...the whole other murder thing, I guess?), which means she now trusts you enough (?!?) to insist you avenge his death.

That's the weird thing, your character barely emotes or answers questions, but nearly all quest-givers 

Spoiler

i.e. Bonnie, Sean, Cleat

instantly think that you're the right person for the job, despite only meeting you seconds earlier. I wish at the very least the player grunted or had some "yups" and "nopes" to show some reaction to the conversation. On top of that, every single conversation seems to try to bludgeon home the fact that you're the silent type.

Edited by jje1000

ALifeOfMisery
5 hours ago, saintsrow said:

I wonder if the same low MTU setting will work to keep me solo in RD Online.  I'm sure going to try it.  

I've tried it. I used 630 for GTAO, doesn't work in RDO. I tried 700 and increased it by 25 every error until I got to 1000, which does work, but doesn't affect the game.

Looks like solo public is a non starter.

saintsrow
2 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I've tried it. I used 630 for GTAO, doesn't work in RDO. I tried 700 and increased it by 25 every error until I got to 1000, which does work, but doesn't affect the game.

Thanks for that confirmation.  Given this, I don't have any incentive to log into Online, just to be a target for every asshole in the session.  

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
1 hour ago, Watain said:

Next time they'll probably implement microtransactions into story mode as well.

Don't give the bastards any ideas!

10 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

Thanks for that confirmation.  Given this, I don't have any incentive to log into Online, just to be a target for every asshole in the session.  

Hopefully there will be no need for solo public sessions. Perhaps invite only and solo sessions will

sufice for the needs of the solo player. Time will tell. I do agree about being a target for the random asswipe isn’t much fun at all. 

pizza4life

Remember back in late 2013 when GTA online launched and it was one of the biggest sh*t shows in history? 

Rememeber after awhile when it became and amazing and fun game for a large chunk of time?

Yea, same thing is probably gonna happen here folks. 

It’s day 1 and it’s already leagues ahead of where GTA was on day 1. 

Maddened_Ghost
5 hours ago, pro24 said:

No free aim lobby is a major let down.

not only that, you are being thrown against people with auto-aim, GTAO had alert screens telling you about this, and GTAO HAD FREAKING FREE AIM LOBBIES!

This game makes me appreciate GTAOnline even more and I haven't played it for about 2 months now, maybe this is their plan? makes us all go back?

4 minutes ago, pizza4life said:

Remember back in late 2013 when GTA online launched and it was one of the biggest sh*t shows in history? 

Rememeber after awhile when it became and amazing and fun game for a large chunk of time?

Yea, same thing is probably gonna happen here folks. 

It’s day 1 and it’s already leagues ahead of where GTA was on day 1. 

Here's the thing, I feel like once you have launched a product and developed it and fixed it for a while until it became very successful for 5 years, you should have accumulated enough knowledge to make the next one better, this one is worse, the whole GTAO was bad the day of the release is not an accuse for a RDO, GTAO's first day was 5 years ago, 5 freaking years ago, RDO should have been a step forward not 10 steps back.

The only thing that they got right was their new method of forcing people to pay real life money instead of actually playing the game.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

Ring Dang Do

Playing free for all where there's constant loud music playing so you have no concept of where the gun shots are coming from.

is there a way to turn the music down in settings but keep the gameplay music loud?

Jedster
1 hour ago, Nemecsis said:

@ me next time, Chief. 😉

It's only beta, meaning things will likely get cheaper. The posse system will be improved. They'll make it less grindy in the future by adding more missions. A ton more content is on its way, and improvements (especially those most complained about) will be made, whether it's monetarily, cosmetically, gameplay, or what have you. Hardly anyone is on here complaining about "bugs" and that's not even what I'm talking about, so maybe drop the "GTA is still full of bugs" argument, my guy. Red Dead will improve over time. A lot more missions, clothing, and basically any content you can think of, will be added (probably) bi-weekly. The same way GTA did it. GTAO was a disaster for quite a while beyond release. Then it finally gained stability and R* could then focus on DLC. Everyone is expecting a perfect f*cking version of RDRO. It's called a "beta" for a reason. Rest assured, it will greatly improve over time.

Ohh... that is nice. I am completely happy now with the RDO, everything will be fine and dandy. I'm sorry, but you can't know any of this, for all we know things could get even worse and you would still say "but it's only beta, it will be awesome 10 years from now"!!!

It's called beta because R* was out of time for deadlines so they have to release unfinished and unpolished online part. Beta or not, the main focus is pretty clear and that is micro transactions... that my friend, is not going to change by any chance.

elfoam
46 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Changing it on the fly will work

Maddened_Ghost

We had this coming by the way, Dutch was always nagging about not having enough money and instead of taking him seriously we made a meme out of it.

8 hours ago, McGhee said:

I'm pretty sure nor R* or TT wants this to become a pay2win game.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

5 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

We had this coming by the way, Dutch was always nagging about not having enough money and instead of taking him seriously we made a meme out of it.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Dude, it's day#1 of early access beta. What are you expecting?

Maddened_Ghost
Just now, McGhee said:

Dude, it's day#1 of early access beta. What are you expecting?

I'm not expecting perfection, I was expecting something better than the last 5 years of online experience that THEY have created THEMSELVES! don't give me this whole "it's day one" or "it's the beta" because it doesn't work, you want to believe that, good for you.

White Shark

People saying that this is only Beta and prices of items will probably reduce whilst payouts will increase are living in a dream world. It being a Beta isn't going to change how they've implemented currency and microtransaction preparation into this game. All Beta will do is iron out a few glitches or bugs here and there, and even that probably won't be done effectively. It won't be to do anything to improve the currency situation.

But my biggest problem is the map. Why the hell should everyone's blips show on the map all the time? It's absurd. As someone has already said he's out exploring the wilderness when he sees a group of blips speeding across the map towards his location. The map is a griefers tool. If they want to make this game instantly better they need to remove this blip feature. It's ridiculous. Sure, allow you to show on map for friends etc, but not to randoms. 

The game should allow you to move about completely hidden, and only show on each others mini radar if you are in close proximity and in line of sight. The way it is now offers no chance for stealth or to sneak past. If you have a bounty, your wanted poster should appear in sheriff offices with a note saying where you were last seen.

This map blip system is lazy and geared towards griefers which I guess is what the developers always plan for. 

Missed opportunity that I doubt they'll ever change.

ottovanbeefsteak

-no bandoliers

-no off hand holsters/dual wield

-no left handed character option

-no binoculars

12 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

I'm not expecting perfection, I was expecting something better than the last 5 years of online experience that THEY have created THEMSELVES! don't give me this whole "it's day one" or "it's the beta" because it doesn't work, you want to believe that, good for you.

Vice versa on the last bit.