Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Recommended Posts

GrungeNinja
32 minutes ago, DarkReign27 said:

Wish they'd listen...


I get you, sadly all you said is true, I do think they read the forums but instead of listening they just laugh their asses to our complaints, but someday we all pay for our sins, and  I can’t imagine how big their karma will be.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STNeish

There is definitely something going on with the wagon attacks.  Tonight, Cripps sent me half way around the world to get some tanning fluid.  So, rode to that broken down fort on the hill (I forget the name).  I shoot one of the guards, they all start shooting the tanker.  Not sure what's up with that, the thing lost a quarter of its fluid before I could even get ON it.  So I start driving.  3 riders appear.  I shoot them (strangely, my double barrel shotgun can't hit anything in deadeye, had to shoot manually), and carry on, but 3 more immediately appear.  Then 3 more, then 3 more.  The SECOND I cleared them, 3 more would appear.  I counted 32 groups of 3 riders...66 enemies in all.  The wagon arrived at camp with 11 seconds left, and it added a whopping 3 materials (instead of 20).  I'm not sure what more I could have done, the game has taken to sending ARMIES after me all the time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
6 hours ago, STNeish said:

There is definitely something going on with the wagon attacks.  Tonight, Cripps sent me half way around the world to get some tanning fluid.  So, rode to that broken down fort on the hill (I forget the name).  I shoot one of the guards, they all start shooting the tanker.  Not sure what's up with that, the thing lost a quarter of its fluid before I could even get ON it.  So I start driving.  3 riders appear.  I shoot them (strangely, my double barrel shotgun can't hit anything in deadeye, had to shoot manually), and carry on, but 3 more immediately appear.  Then 3 more, then 3 more.  The SECOND I cleared them, 3 more would appear.  I counted 32 groups of 3 riders...66 enemies in all.  The wagon arrived at camp with 11 seconds left, and it added a whopping 3 materials (instead of 20).  I'm not sure what more I could have done, the game has taken to sending ARMIES after me all the time.

I'm almost convinced that you are trolling us now...

lol

I'm going to create an online character on PC and join you.

What's your name in-game so I can invite you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, STNeish said:

There is definitely something going on with the wagon attacks.  Tonight, Cripps sent me half way around the world to get some tanning fluid.

P.S.A. - lasso one of the gunmen and put him on your horse (alive). Whistle for your horse, to follow.

 

This move should, reduce and sometimes remove the remaining gunmen; allowing you a safe delivery. That has been, my experience.

 

The game, thinks you are being pursued by a hostile.

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
1 hour ago, Rev. Gnash said:

P.S.A. - lasso one of the gunmen and put him on your horse (alive). Whistle for your horse, to follow.

 

This move should, reduce and sometimes remove the remaining gunmen; allowing you a safe delivery. That has been, my experience.

 

The game, thinks you are being pursued by a hostile.

Brilliant!  :lol:

Probably best to knock him out, so there's no chance of him escaping like bounty targets do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STNeish
3 hours ago, Buddy Hightower said:

I'm almost convinced that you are trolling us now...

lol

I'm going to create an online character on PC and join you.

What's your name in-game so I can invite you?

Heh, no trolling, I promise.

 

My name is my name, here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
2 hours ago, STNeish said:

Heh, no trolling, I promise.

 

My name is my name, here and there.

Ok not sure what my PC account name is but I'll send you message in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath
7 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

P.S.A. - lasso one of the gunmen and put him on your horse (alive). Whistle for your horse, to follow.

 

This move should, reduce and sometimes remove the remaining gunmen; allowing you a safe delivery. That has been, my experience.

 

The game, thinks you are being pursued by a hostile.

Wow that's a great idea @Rev. Gnash I'm gonna give that a try on my next delivery. 🤗

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
7 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

P.S.A. - lasso one of the gunmen and put him on your horse (alive). Whistle for your horse, to follow.

 

This move should, reduce and sometimes remove the remaining gunmen; allowing you a safe delivery. That has been, my experience.

 

The game, thinks you are being pursued by a hostile.

Does it work wit shine too?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
1 hour ago, Nerfgoth said:

Does it work wit shine too?

Short answer - most of the time. Just make sure, your horse keeps up with the wagon.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

So comforting to know that the old glitches will never leave us... 🙄

Popped in to do some really quick dailies and my camp is gone and won't respawn.

Drank some shine, then tried to dig up a coin at Ringneck Creek, look away for a second and when I look back my character's walking away out of control.

 

Switched sessions and got the coin, next thing I know my doggo is calling me back for a camp raid. The camp's only been there for less than 5 minutes.

Shot the bandits, donated squirrels etc. finished the collecting dailies, visited Valentine, ate some meat, and started a $$$ bounty, then exited for the day.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkReign27
Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2020 at 2:39 PM, GrungeNinja said:


I get you, sadly all you said is true, I do think they read the forums but instead of listening they just laugh their asses to our complaints, but someday we all pay for our sins, and  I can’t imagine how big their karma will be.

Ya I'm ranting into a void on here my crap venting feel like some guy on a street corner to myself and others but I always see such good coverage on here of what's wrong while they probably know but ignore. Just it was my favourite franchises while playing Carmageddon and Doom along side I always respected their take on defending themselves from people accusing them of crimes because 'Violence sex in videogames hurts Mah feelings, it damages society think of the children we must censor everything.' I was modding GTA 2, 3, Vice, SA because I respected this game these games got me into early modding. I drew massive cityscapes from birdseye view it inspired me in quite a few things, spent years fine tuning editing the models, collisons, sounds and textures to make my own GTAs I wanted it just was a good time.

 

Was playing MTA GTA 3 (Barely worked lol) and MTAVC, enjoyed it to the max thought it'd never be how it is now once R* made their own multiplayer thought it'd be the best thing ever, well it was for a short time. Also Red Dead 1 was great thing too on multiplayer, GTAIV.

Then their jokes of corporate America/celebrities and hypocrisy I was a fan of too, now they embraced a lot of what they poke fun of really it's so stereotypical when ya get big. Ah well maybe Benzies will create something on par and with Cyberpunk proving us some big companies still listen'n hope they do turn around some time, I gotta sit out on the next game from R* not that it will hurt them I'm an insignificant speck on a speck of that speck. Hope there is a karma for them they seem too big to fail.

Edited by DarkReign27
Forgot I was on RedDead Online part I didn't mention the first RDR online or GTA4 with their online but they were in the good days of R*.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STNeish
4 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

So comforting to know that the old glitches will never leave us... 🙄

Popped in to do some really quick dailies and my camp is gone and won't respawn.

Drank some shine, then tried to dig up a coin at Ringneck Creek, look away for a second and when I look back my character's walking away out of control.

 

Switched sessions and got the coin, next thing I know my doggo is calling me back for a camp raid. The camp's only been there for less than 5 minutes.

Shot the bandits, donated squirrels etc. finished the collecting dailies, visited Valentine, ate some meat, and started a $$$ bounty, then exited for the day.

 

My camp has never been raided.   How does that work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
36 minutes ago, STNeish said:

My camp has never been raided.   How does that work?

 

If you are near your camp you get a message. If you have a dog it will run up and bark at you. When you arrive there's a bundle of materials in the middle of your camp and Bandits will spawn outside your camp in small groups and try and pick it up and run away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
5 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

If you are near your camp you get a message. If you have a dog it will run up and bark at you. When you arrive there's a bundle of materials in the middle of your camp and Bandits will spawn outside your camp in small groups and try and pick it up and run away with it.

Also, when your dog comes to find you, you will get a prompt to fast travel back to your camp that you can accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
Just now, Buddy Hightower said:

Also, when your dog comes to find you, you will get a prompt to fast travel back to your camp that you can accept.

 

I thought he just barked at you... I have only been Raided twice and both times it happened when I was very close to my camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
2 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

 

I thought he just barked at you... I have only been Raided twice and both times it happened when I was very close to my camp.

I was raided a lot when it first was released but haven't been raided now in months. The first time I missed the popup and had to travel across the map. I was complaining about it and a friend asked why I didn't fast travel back... the next time it happened I saw the prompt on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
2 minutes ago, Buddy Hightower said:

I was raided a lot when it first was released but haven't been raided now in months. The first time I missed the popup and had to travel across the map. I was complaining about it and a friend asked why I didn't fast travel back... the next time it happened I saw the prompt on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

 

Yea, once you unlock the ability to be Raided less it hardly ever happens. It also helps that Cripps is an insane shot with his Sniper Machine Gun "Repeater". I remember one of my Raids I actually had to go out of the camp to kill them because as soon as they passed an invisible line Cripps would just gun them down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
1 hour ago, STNeish said:

My camp has never been raided.   How does that work?

I believe it only initiates when you have 100 goods ready for delivery sitting for a cumulative amount of time.

Mine was full at the start of session, but the camp wasn't on the map for about 30 minutes until I had to switch sessions to get out of the walking away collector glitch.

 

I was digging a coin near Rhodes when my dog showed up as a white dot on map barking, when i turned to look at him it gave me the option to quick travel (at no cost) to the camp.

I did this, appeared about 100 ft away and proceeded to kill several waves of bandits who were on foot.

There is a blue products bag on the map which they are trying to steal.

I just killed the enemies until it gave me the prompt that I'd successfully defended my goods, though you may be able to take the bag back into the camp to end the mission earlier, not sure.

I wanted to loot as many as possible, so I left the bag on the ground and just popped them as they approached, pretty easy.

 

Like any business raids, it does interrupt whatever you're doing, and that's the main gripe.

R* is all about delay and misdirection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
18 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Short answer - most of the time. Just make sure, your horse keeps up with the wagon.

 

 

Hogtied one of agents at the roadblock and stowed him on my horse and it worked

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eighthdoctor
On 5/31/2020 at 4:38 PM, eighthdoctor said:

Not glitching but over the last few days I've had players try and boot me out of Showdowns for no reason. Definitely not because of my mic being on as I keep it off  during Showdowns and I'm not a fan of those blasting loud, obnoxious noises through theirs for long periods of time, so I can understand when those players get voted to be kicked. I dunno whether it's my playing style, my character herself, my rank or just others being dheads. 🤷‍♀️ 😒 Anyone else having other players trying to kick them out of Showdowns randomly?

Well this was a first... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing

Go to the recent met players list and pick anyone from that showdown to join. Votekicking is useless, you can join back right away. @eighthdoctor

@kcole4001 my camp got raided with only 30ish goods before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eighthdoctor
36 minutes ago, No Homing said:

Go to the recent met players list and pick anyone from that showdown to join. Votekicking is useless, you can join back right away. @eighthdoctor

 

Thanks for the tip! I don't think I ever use the 'Recent Players' option as I don't know what it is for really (I'm assuming that's the one in the Player List options).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, No Homing said:

Go to the recent met players list and pick anyone from that showdown to join. Votekicking is useless, you can join back right away. @eighthdoctor

@kcole4001 my camp got raided with only 30ish goods before.

30!!??!!

I thought it only happened when you've left it full for a little while, same as the stupid and much more annoying shine buyer rescues, that really sucks.

I'm at the point where I seriously consider not bothering defending that crap.

The only problem is with shine if you try to ignore it you can't sell again for quite a while, which mat screw up the next day's dailies.

I don't know what happens if you let the bandits get away with the goods. My first buyer rescue, some other players ended up killing the buyer, and I couldn't sell for some undefined period of time (because it's R* and why should THEY tell us what's going on at any time?)

Edited by kcole4001
punctuation
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sentinel Driver

Choose posse up and think you're going to get into a decent posse that's doing something sensible like hunting for trader or bounty hunting or anything

nope you just get thrown into random low rank noob posses that do nothing but ride around aimlessly, kills passing by npcs and players and ride their horses off of cliffs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
11 hours ago, Sentinel Driver said:

Choose posse up and think you're going to get into a decent posse that's doing something sensible like hunting for trader or bounty hunting or anything

nope you just get thrown into random low rank noob posses that do nothing but ride around aimlessly, kills passing by npcs and players and ride their horses off of cliffs.

 

Could not agree more. It's always some low level that thinks he's playing GTAO and cannot control himself long enough to ride between objectives without throwing dynamite at you for fun or if the people are capable of normal human speech just want to find someone who is ready to sell (Heists all over again) or just want someone to follow/follow them on Collectors runs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sentinel Driver

How R* treats this game nowadays

 

unknown.png

 

Also low rank parasites in missions who do nothing but f*cking waste time and loot all enemies they didn't kill

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamNortonUK
Posted (edited)

Posted in the wrong thread once again! My brain doesn't work lately.

Edited by AdamNortonUK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tomtomsengermany

when rockstar gets asked by t2 how is rdro doing. 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

30!!??!!

I thought it only happened when you've left it full for a little while, same as the stupid and much more annoying shine buyer rescues, that really sucks.

I'm at the point where I seriously consider not bothering defending that crap.

The only problem is with shine if you try to ignore it you can't sell again for quite a while, which mat screw up the next day's dailies.

I don't know what happens if you let the bandits get away with the goods. My first buyer rescue, some other players ended up killing the buyer, and I couldn't sell for some undefined period of time (because it's R* and why should THEY tell us what's going on at any time?)

Yeah I thought the same, I expected it to be like GTAO's raids. 

 

The first time I got a Moonshiner raid was actually on my alt acc, at that time my alt has never done a sale (other than joining my main's posse, but never done a sale as leader) and didn't even own a bar!

Back when I used to play most of the day, I would get buyer rescues on my alt once every 2 days, more or less. I get them much less on my main.

I rarely sell moonshine now, but have a sale ready on both accounts for probably atleast 2 months now.

Might explain why I get raided on my alt quite frequently, but doesn't explain why my main doesn't them nearly as often.

That moonshine must be expired by now.

Edited by No Homing
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • Hayes MP
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.