4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Maddened_Ghost
45 minutes ago, Sauce béarnaise said:

This update already messing with SP, like expected... [/image]https://i.imgur.com/fX7yUL7.jpg[image]

I don't see anything wrong with that picture

(jk)

Priyantha1

I had a blast with my mate. Roaming around as a posse it kinda felt just like in the old days of RDR online. Especially riding around in New Austin. 

But yeah, prices of items and upgrades are ridiculous! And it sucks that there is no invite only lobby. And the camp moving all over the map doesn't make any sense to me. But I believe its just a rough start. 

R*Phenomenon
57 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

Sell your first horse and you can then buy the UE horse for free.

This will let you lose the insurance as well though... which u can buy back for.....?! Micro transaction gold!

Edited by R*Phenomenon

MusicMan05

So... weapon metal customization is also locked behind Gold Bars:

• 1 Gold = Iron, Nickel, Blued Steel
  • 2 Gold = Blackened/Brown Steel, Brass
  • 3 Gold = Silver
  • 5 Gold =Gold

Take-Two/Rockstar went full microtransation this time around.

UncleScrooge

Terrible dental hygiene. I'm glad my character doesn't talk.

Give me those Hollywood western pearly whites.

Personal
1 hour ago, Sauce béarnaise said:

This update already messing with SP, like expected... -glitched gun pic-

Nope. 

Same thing happened me to me a couple weeks back whilst at the Gunsmith's buying and customizing weapons.

43 minutes ago, Priyantha1 said:

I had a blast with my mate. Roaming around as a posse it kinda felt just like in the old days of RDR online. Especially riding around in New Austin. 

But yeah, prices of items and upgrades are ridiculous! And it sucks that there is no invite only lobby. And the camp moving all over the map doesn't make any sense to me. But I believe its just a rough start. 

I'm pretty sure that prices and rewards will scale better once they are about to go officialy live. My guess the huge difference is just to demotivate people to actually grind for it in early Beta. The only way to keep them from grinding endlesly without hiding the content is to make it virtually impossible to reach. 

As soon as beta develops more, we'll see the price levels come down and rewards up. I'm pretty sure nor R* or TT wants this to become a pay2win game.

Eastern Outlaw
23 minutes ago, MusicMan05 said:

So... weapon metal customization is also locked behind Gold Bars:

• 1 Gold = Iron, Nickel, Blued Steel
  • 2 Gold = Blackened/Brown Steel, Brass
  • 3 Gold = Silver
  • 5 Gold =Gold

Take-Two/Rockstar went full microtransation this time around.

What a f*cking disgrace 

AddamHusayin
5 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Pretty much; and Fun2 was right about lassos being a griefing tool in-game.

Already seen an example of that happening on a live stream.

Disagree on the lassos. Myself and a bunch of people were having the time of our lives lasting and hogtieing each other. We all agreed to just use fists and lassoed. So much fun obviously since it was mutual. Am really happy we can actually use the lasso on other players. Just as I speculated you can easily get out of it by tapping a button before they can do anything to you. You practically have to let them grief you.

Edited by AddamHusayin

AddamHusayin
4 hours ago, Boozey St James said:

This is griefers galore; no passive mode or cops, so far.

NPCs are almost non-existent, and the ones you do see are dull as ever before. It's as if they've been lobotomized and only those few survived.

I'm glad it's just a beta. 

This is false I went to Blackwater and have seen a bunch of NPCs in the saloon/hotel. I even see groups of 2 or 3 horseman, carriages, wagons, plenty of animals out on roads just like in singleplayer and have already been attacked by cougars. Obviously not as much as singleplayer but there are a decent amount which surprised me.

Interestingly have seen more cougars then I have in singleplayer. Right outside the great plains an albino cougar and a normal cougar attacked me and a friend at the same time. Never seen two cougars in one spot.

Ans I know this is just from personal experience but so far most people have been roleplaying which is actually pretty nice. Some people point their guns at each other but we just say hey we're just passing by and they let us go. So far I have encountered 2 instances of griefing though just some guy stirring up trouble.

4 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Why is so hard for R* to make a character creation system that doesn't suck? All they have to do is just copy Saints Row or Bethesda's...

Can you please explain to me what's so bad about the character cusomization? Genuinely asking why you think it's so bad? Because I think it's just fine. The only thing is that you should be able to customize your character whenever you want and not just at the beginning.

Edited by AddamHusayin

Nemecsis

Everyone needs to quit panicking and bitching. It's DAY ONE of a BETA. R* knows they will have to change a lot. It'll be ok eventually. 

Lock n' Stock
6 minutes ago, AddamHusayin said:

Can you please explain to me what's so bad about the character cusomization? Genuinely asking why you think it's so bad? Because I think it's just fine. The only thing is that you should be able to customize your character whenever you want and not just at the beginning.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit. It's not that bad, I actually didn't know there was a morphing option at first.

Watain
2 hours ago, RayD70 said:

That 80 dollar quote may be a slight exaggeration. I really couldn't remember the price. But it's not a gross exaggeration.

It's all about the microtransactions. They're not even hiding it this time.

It's not, though. The only item I could afford was iron sights for the default Cattleman revolver we all get. It was $15. After that I was broke.

Brooks86
9 minutes ago, AddamHusayin said:

This is false I went to Blackwater and have seen a bunch of NPCs in the saloon/hotel. I even see groups of 2 or 3 horseman, carriages, wagons, plenty of animals out on roads just like in singleplayer and have already been attacked by cougars. Obviously not as much as singleplayer but there are a decent amount which surprised me.

Interestingly have seen more cougars then I have in singleplayer. Right outside the great plains an albino cougar and a normal cougar attacked me and a friend at the same time. Never seen two cougars in one spot.

Ans I know this is just from personal experience but so far most people have been roleplaying which is actually pretty nice. Some people point their guns at each other but we just say hey we're just passing by and they let us go. So far I have encountered 2 instances of griefing though just some guy stirring up trouble.

The worst part is that your character once you drop in looks nothing like the creation screen or mugshot photo. Then looks even more different on horseback vs cutscenes. Ended up looking like Adam Sandler. Starting a new character to replace asap but still a hassle. 

saintsrow
20 minutes ago, Nemecsis said:

Everyone needs to quit panicking and bitching. It's DAY ONE of a BETA. R* knows they will have to change a lot. It'll be ok eventually. 

I'm hereby declaring my whole life so far to be beta.  I'm sure it will be OK eventually, after a number of future updates, that may or may not happen.  😛

AddamHusayin
30 minutes ago, Brooks86 said:

The worst part is that your character once you drop in looks nothing like the creation screen or mugshot photo. Then looks even more different on horseback vs cutscenes. Ended up looking like Adam Sandler. Starting a new character to replace asap but still a hassle. 

I feel like you're really exaggerating that. My character looked just like how I made him with the mustache and goatee in all. The character presets all look like the murfree brood at first but I've seen some pretty cool character creations that don't look like metheads. It's an improvement over the whole parents thing from GTAO which was dumb.

33 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Maybe I exaggerated a bit. It's not that bad, I actually didn't know there was a morphing option at first.

I was about to say... people have created some awesome looking characters. The presets all look like murfree brood on crack but you can truly sculpt them into something really cool.

Edited by AddamHusayin

leerocklord

Damn. It sounds like huge disappointment so far.

Also, drop the "it's only  beta" argument. 5 years of GTAO and it's still full of bugs and stupid game breaking crap that's never been fixed.

9 minutes to enter my facility is my current record.

As soon as R* get it set up for micro transactions they'll only be around to fix money glitches.

I'll jump on when I can, check it out and if it just seems like I'll have to sink my whole life into it just to be able to buy a frigging pot of pomade then I'll leave it.

Life is too short for so much grinding.

Edited by leerocklord

Azaan60

I just completed a mission and got paid 0.01 gold bars. 

This is pathetic. 

saintsrow
3 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

I just completed a mission and got paid 0.01 gold bars. 

This is pathetic. 

Sounds like it's heading for MMORPG grindfest territory.  How many hours per day can you play?  Probably will need an average of 6 to 8 hours a day, to make it worthwhile.  🙁

Maddened_Ghost

Well done Rocksar well done, you've sold this "Beta" label to your customers and now each time you're trying to complain about something they'll throw the old "oH iTs tHe bEtA"

saintsrow
4 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Great, I'm alone in the wilderness, I have my horse. Checked the map, 3 players heading straight for me. Logged off. Turned PS4 off. Cba.

This is the bane of online games.  These assholes might as well just have a full-screen version of the map on their display, rather than the game world.  They only log in to ruin others' experience. 

A solo player, out to have fun and explore, is a perfect attractor for solo or pack griefers (or assholes, or playing PvP "the way it's meant to be played," or whatever term we want to use). This sh*t is inherent in the game design of all online shooters and PvP.  

In order to make a pittance of positive cash flow, selling goods in the GTA Online Nightclub update, I took the wise advice of people on this Forum and set my MTU to about 800 or 750 in my PS4 console settings.  That generally (maybe 85% of the time) gets you a solo public GTA0 lobby. 👍 (Default MTU is like 1500.)

I wonder if the same low MTU setting will work to keep me solo in RD Online.  I'm sure going to try it.  

MidworldDrifter

Sounds like they took out the simplicity of RDR's multiplayer and replaced it with the kill joy mechanics of GTAO.
Good thing I didn't wait for this patch before selling my copy, it looks like they introduced some new bugs. It's going to be interesting what people think about RDR Online when it fully releases, although I suspect it will not be judged as heavily as a Ubisoft or EA title.

Happy Hunter

I think it being a beta is more of a reason to complain. They did say to give feedback right?

Hoping some of the stuff I hear is blown out of proportion, but the payouts sound really bad right now. Maybe they're better than they sound, I don't know. I don't think I can be bothered grinding, already had enough of that in GTA.

If it's as bad as people say, and it's not changed - I guess there'll be money glitches sooner or later.

jdv95

I know it's just a beta,but from what I have heard so far,it almost seems as if GTA online is better?!

damn.

all I can take from this is that they kept everything that is wrong with GTA online but removed the good parts. 

Realy gutted that there is no passive mode,other then the camp only version.

if things don't change all that much when it reaches the full version,then I might just return to GTA online. As that game at least has some good things.

also sad that the stories about the payouts make it seem that the money system in GTA online is better. Never thought

that would ever be a thing.

Edited by jdv95

Shade04rek

I really don't have many issues tbh, Don't even mind things being weirdly level locked. The one thing that seems to ruin it all is the low payouts/high prices, and that one thing ruins it hard as hell just like in "that" last online mode. I'll do some grinding now, but not quit-my-job-and-stop-sleeping-grinding. If it doesn't eventually get tuned way better, see you all at the inevitable money glitch posts.

CaliMeatWagon
53 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

Sounds like it's heading for MMORPG grindfest territory.  How many hours per day can you play?  Probably will need an average of 6 to 8 hours a day, to make it worthwhile.  🙁

I'll be spread sheeting this so we will know Soon

pro24

No free aim lobby is a major let down.

jdv95

It seems that rockstar is trying to force people with a potential MTX system more in this game then they did in GTA.

atleast in GTA online you can buy everything with 1 type of currency. While in red dead online there are now 2 currency types(money and gold bars) 

just like like in GTA the money is hard to come by but atleast doable but the gold bars are almost

needed to be bought with real money. Shame because some things can only be bought with gold bars,which are just extremely hard to get a decent income of from what I have heard.

Pedinhuh
3 hours ago, McGhee said:

I'm pretty sure nor R* or TT wants this to become a pay2win game.

OHHH MY SWEET SUMMER CHILD....

Mach1bud

There is no wrinkles option.