3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

grandtheftbanksy

I haven't had much trouble dealing with others while doing dailies except for yesterday.  The sheep pens in Valentine were a slaughter house.  

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)

To be fair griefing still happens but no where near as bad as it used to the defense mode has made it better but it does as the game itself needs tweaking, R* need to stop forcing pvp like when we defense players leave the game ought save the fact we are in defense mode when we load next time. Take away dailies, completely all this kill players in such a mission when we are defense make dailies suit the mode the player chooses. To me this is prejudiced as some players who never do showdown and the like are totally restricted from completing 7/7 

Are weekends still bad for being griefed ? i only pop on for 5 mins do 1 daily then get the hell off quick 

Edited by Mad-Monkey_1st

Jason

Never had an issue with weekends my self. Never noticed an increase in griefing there either, I mean it makes sense why we might see more but yea... since the update I've not had griefing problems.

Definitely agree that dailies can be improved, I've said it since day one, double the amount of challenges, 7 freeroam PvE, 7 PvP. So you can do either PvE, PvP or a mix of both.

AUScowboy

Lucky you. I’ve been playing since day one and it seems worse than ever based on my experiences. Every time I play I encounter at least 3 players or groups of players who go around killing any player in sight. That’s griefing for the rube who asked what I meant by griefing.

Lonely-Martin

Spawning back to freeroam after missions can be a real bastard still and when I need to visit a town to visit a post office or sell at a butcher or fence can be tricky too but when I'm on jobs or fresh into a new lobby, seems a lot better, just less people.

I don't sell much and live off the land/loot bullets etc anyway, lol. Camp is non-existent to me still as I never use it through it just being so crap. But I am finding more joy of late and look forward to my spells much more overall.

Still won't stop asking for lobby choice though, lol. :)

LooseCanon

I’ll take rube as a compliment.  

So someone killing you is griefing, then my Christ I’ve been griefed everyday and never knew...

YNNEL

Honestly, do Rockstar not realise how incredibly inconvenient it is to have to restart the damn game every time this endless loading screen happens? It’s ridiculous.

LooseCanon

If you’re on Xbox I’ve found if I press the big X and go the the dashboard then just press b, it often resets the spinning bullet holder(can’t for the life of me recall it’s name) and the showdown loads up.

Quiet Lady
Posted (edited)

*My hat falls off one of my saved outfits that’s also saved on my horse*

Game: “iS THis a CUsToM OuTfiT?” And replaces one of my stored outfits. 🙄

Edited by Quiet Lady

eighthdoctor

I've seen players be 'invisible' while doing events like Master Archery, King of the Castle etc and you can't lock on to them or anything and others that seem to glitch in & out of 'invisibility'. What's that all about and how do you do it?

DarkReign27
1 hour ago, AUScowboy said:

Lucky you. I’ve been playing since day one and it seems worse than ever based on my experiences. Every time I play I encounter at least 3 players or groups of players who go around killing any player in sight. That’s griefing for the rube who asked what I meant by griefing.

I believe it. Every town I go to if there is more than one dot they 90 precent of the time will kill eachother, Saloon ya good luck having a friendly sit down never works always kill kill. People stand around the butcher being annoying even if they are AFK it looks bad then ya hear gun shots. Only reason I'm not griefed much is because I go around people on paths or look at the map plan my stuff accordingly before entering towns or near dots. GTA made me this way more than any game I've played with forced PvP, trust no one. And this game I have been shot in the back multiple times trusting people so I gave up once again. Been bad more than good in this game again with other players so I play it this way now to tolerate it adapting I guess. R* has shown us we're not the demographic of players they want, or maybe they do to frustrate us to purchase stuff lol.

Jason
11 minutes ago, eighthdoctor said:

I've seen players be 'invisible' while doing events like Master Archery, King of the Castle etc and you can't lock on to them or anything and others that seem to glitch in & out of 'invisibility'. What's that all about and how do you do it?

Spawn protection?

Lonely-Martin
29 minutes ago, DarkReign27 said:

I believe it. Every town I go to if there is more than one dot they 90 precent of the time will kill eachother, Saloon ya good luck having a friendly sit down never works always kill kill. People stand around the butcher being annoying even if they are AFK it looks bad then ya hear gun shots. Only reason I'm not griefed much is because I go around people on paths or look at the map plan my stuff accordingly before entering towns or near dots. GTA made me this way more than any game I've played with forced PvP, trust no one. And this game I have been shot in the back multiple times trusting people so I gave up once again. Been bad more than good in this game again with other players so I play it this way now to tolerate it adapting I guess. R* has shown us we're not the demographic of players they want, or maybe they do to frustrate us to purchase stuff lol.

Yeah, the whole 'don't trust anyone' resonates with me for sure. :(

#the GTAeffect 🤣

eighthdoctor
26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Spawn protection?

What is that?

Faltskogian

I've learnt to just accept the fact that someone out there in the wild west dosen't like the hat i'm wearing or indeed the cut of my jib so finds in necessary to fill me fulla lead till dead then shoot me some more. 

(That or they have had enough of my inane posts on this forum and can't take it no more)   

Jason
6 minutes ago, eighthdoctor said:

What is that?

Players who have just spawned are ghosted to avoid being insta killed the moment they respawn.

Leftover Pizza
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Players who have just spawned are ghosted to avoid being insta killed the moment they respawn.

I've been spawn killed several times, so I don't think it works in this game. Been spawn killed by a player and by wild animals more often. Spawn in game, Rockstar used *GROWL*; 'Mauled by Bear'; Leftover Pizza fainted. That was very effective! 

Edited by Leftover Pizza

Jason
5 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

I've been spawn killed several times, so I don't think it works in this game. Been spawn killed by a player and by wild animals more often. Spawn in game, Rockstar used *GROWL*; 'Mauled by Bear'; Leftover Pizza fainted. That was very effective! 

It only exists in PvP modes I believe. If it exists in free-roam it's very brief. It's definitely f*cky though.

Commander S

Welp, called it: after hitting rank 25 around the same time as the bonus XP week ran out, things went from a nice, steady stream of unlocks to the grind proper. :turn:

I'm trying to at least hit rank 38* before I ease up on 'rank progress at all costs', and just enjoy letting things happen as and when - but at this rate, I'm probably not going to do that in time for the new update stuff (although I suppose that will spice things up, at least).

Doesn't help that I've got to fit in Forza seasonal events each week as well, plus I'm supposed to be finishing Mafia III, and there's just over two months left until the Monster Hunter expansion, and I still need to finish a couple of quests in that (and I suspect there's also a seasonal event coming up there as well), and... :facedesk:

netnow66
1 hour ago, Jason said:

I've spawned in, immediately pressed left to go into Defensive mode and then taken a knee. In the time it takes before Defensive to kick in, I've been grief killed. 

Mas u Sees
6 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

Can’t even hop on for five minutes to do dailies without being hunted by griefers. GG R* for always giving power to the cunts and tailoring your entire games around monetizing them. Just like GTAO, the potential for fun in RDO will continue to be squandered so R* can make money pushing micro transactions. It is the very same reason we will NEVER get private lobbies in their games ever again. They learned their lesson with GTAO. 

Welp, I probably would have bought gold if they weren’t so stubborn about lobbies or a true passive mode. f*ck this, I’m done with this game for a long while. Not gonna log on just to be constantly f*cked with EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I seriously do not understand how people still get griefed in this game.

R* made life for griefer really f*cking hard, unless of course you insist on fighting back, or are a griefer yourselves.

It only takes one press of Parley, and the "griefer" isn't able to kill you a second time.

That's it.

Mad-Monkey_1st
4 hours ago, Jason said:

Never had an issue with weekends my self. Never noticed an increase in griefing there either, I mean it makes sense why we might see more but yea... since the update I've not had griefing problems.

Definitely agree that dailies can be improved, I've said it since day one, double the amount of challenges, 7 freeroam PvE, 7 PvP. So you can do either PvE, PvP or a mix of both.

Might start to give weekends some more time when im not too busy with the wife and grandkids lol 

Mad-Monkey_1st

So NPCs can shoot the sh*t out of you but when you kill one and lot him all you get is 3 or 5 cartridges and .13 cents 

How the f*ck would he survive lol no ammo hardly buy unlimited shots at you and hardly any money to buy any ammo 

R* need to rebalance a lot of stuff in this game to be as they say “realistic” 

RyuNova

I know its screaming into the wind at this point but one or two new clothing items a week is pathetic. Drip feeding cars was bad but at least they could potentially change GTAO's entire racing meta.

Mad-Monkey_1st
23 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

I know its screaming into the wind at this point but one or two new clothing items a week is pathetic. Drip feeding cars was bad but at least they could potentially change GTAO's entire racing meta.

Yep piss poor this is 

Mad-Monkey_1st

f*cking fuming here just done an hour n half hunt got one of the very best hunts ever almost all meat full and carrying in exces of 30 plus 3 star pelts and guess what the f*ck happens 

f*cking disconnect 

CMCSAVAGE
5 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

f*cking fuming here just done an hour n half hunt got one of the very best hunts ever almost all meat full and carrying in exces of 30 plus 3 star pelts and guess what the f*ck happens 

Feeling the pain there. I always get nervous when I have a decent haul, that's why I don't do the long hunts anymore. I limit myself to 30 min. max before cashing in to avoid sh*t like that. If I wasn't hunting, I'd bet  there'd be no problem staying online for 8 friggin hours lol.

ShadowlessDevil
6 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Feeling the pain there. I always get nervous when I have a decent haul, that's why I don't do the long hunts anymore. I limit myself to 30 min. max before cashing in to avoid sh*t like that. If I wasn't hunting, I'd bet  there'd be no problem staying online for 8 friggin hours lol.

Same here, there's no point going hunting for hours, 20-30 minutes is enough IMO. Depending on what you're hunting you can make some good money. Especially in St-Denis

Mad-Monkey_1st
7 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Normally don’t have issues disconnecting and again normally don’t miss out the butcher for that long.

Still at least all the stuff in satchel IE meats n small pelts didn’t disappear 

Damned annoying when it happens, I reckon I had 10 3 star bucks 10 white tailed dear 7 or 8 pictorial pigs and a few wolves And coyotes topped with a 3 star bison 

Daleificent

I'm annoyed that people can take my horse during story missions. Why?

I don't let anyone take my horse. Once in a blue moon do I let someone ride my horse.

THAT'S MY HORSE!

tumblr_lz5x4i2G3r1r8ru56o4_r1_250.gif