3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Stoakzee

That pile of dead horses is getting bigger and bigger, it has now extended to the other side of the train tracks :lol:

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Out of interest, has anyone tried the glitched solo sessions to see if they are getting any of the problems? Wondering if it's a general server issue or if lobbies with exploiters (or that have had exploiters) in them are just FUBAR.

I have tried, but I can't successfully get into a Showdown, or preferably Gun Rush, so I can't complete the glitch. 

1 minute ago, rusbeckia said:

Solo lobbies are working fine.

How? I'm not doubting you. I literally mean how? 

I've been using a gun rush/showdown related method, but I can't get them to work.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
2 minutes ago, Mas u Sees said:

That‘s not how it works.

The higher amount of Players in the lobby causes synchronized and optimization to take place. The glitch is most definately related to Animal spawn rates and lag in store front and Stranger Missions.

It is not an all or nothing thing

And exactly HOW do you KNOW that?

Stupidis
2 hours ago, Leftover Pizza said:

Trying to interact with a shopkeeper for minutes already. It took 3 minutes for the catalogue to pop up. Something severely broken here. I'll do one daily and hope it registers to keep up the streak.

Same here. Haven´t played the game for a month or more. When I enter a stable I can buy stuff. But when finishing it freezes and game stop responding. Same problem with shopkeeper, when I choose the catalog game never responds. 

So R* claims they are out of beta but some of the fundamental elements for a functional game are completely broken?  You had one (1) job R*!

lewiz6235
2 hours ago, Jason said:

What the actual f*ck are you on about.

Anyway, yea, the current issues are most likely due to the glitches going on right now, or at least they are part of the issue. First few days of the update had none of these issues, the exploits go public and now game has rapidly become riddled with issues. No smoke without fire and all that.

Had them my self last night after having no issues all week, no AI spawning, friend had the Blackwater spazzing out, another saw the mountain of horses glitch and lobbies have just generally started behaving very strangely.

Would be interesting to see the proof from either claims, be it duplicating glitchers or Rockstar trying to experiment with... Something, whatever they have in mind. (You know well by now how corporations tend to not be as honest and transparent as we'd like them to be) Seeing as it is something that is critically harming the health and longevity of this game, barely out of it's 'Beta' stage at that, when all that goodwill was conveniently coming back in a time where the few die-hard fans were 'showing it' to the 'haters' of Red Dead Online.

I have no real stake in either side, seeing as I passively play RDO right now as it is, but it would be nice if I got more worth out of my £60 for this game outside of singleplayer which, by now, is well-established by some to be worthy enough a purchase, but this is Rockstar we are talking about here. Surely they could be doing a hell of a lot better than this?

Anyhow, I've always enjoyed a good rant from any gaming community, so I'll leave things be and see how it goes. :)

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
1 minute ago, Stupidis said:

Same here. Haven´t played the game for a month or more. When I enter a stable I can buy stuff. But when finishing it freezes and game stop responding. Same problem with shopkeeper, when I choose the catalog game never responds. 

So R* claims they are out of beta but some of the fundamental elements for a functional game are completely broken?  You had one (1) job R*!

When you can't interact with shopkeepers or butcher, hitch your horse and respawn................ie..........RT dpad....internet options...........respawn............on PS4

Clancy the Bandito
15 hours ago, Hetraet said:

Lmao, I'm not picking fights for no reason, I'm telling them my opinion and correct their statements, and the grind is just not fun and it's pretty sad that the grind is point of game, just as with GTAO

the grind isn't fun, to YOU. opinions are a thing my guy

Leftover Pizza
2 minutes ago, YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay said:

When you can't interact with shopkeepers or butcher, hitch your horse and respawn................ie..........RT dpad....internet options...........respawn............on PS4

This would work fine IF you are able to cancel an initiated interaction with a shopkeeper, but you'll be staring at the same scene for minutes, until the catalogue finally is presented to you. None of the buttons on your controller work, except for the PS button.

No Homing

Where are the f*cking animals in this game??

LooseCanon

Hiding behind defensive 😎

Clancy the Bandito
4 hours ago, Mas u Sees said:

lol wtf. You must be trolling.

Rockstar wouldn't intentionnaly "glitch" their game to combat dupe glitches wtf.

This Glitch is caused by a Duping Glitch, thus Glitchers are ruining this weekend for us.

this ^ if r* wanted to hotfix a glitch, they'd do what they did with the cougar dupe and just make it to where you can't sell the specific animal carcass until they're able to fix it.

Assblaster

I've been lucky and haven't seen any dupers, and my sessions have great wildlife, no disconnects today or last night, and about half the stranger missions working fine. Had numerous random encounters, one ambush, and won my first fishing contest. 

My biggest bitch is with the stranger missions. R* needs to fix those and patch the dupe glitch asap.

Stupidis
6 minutes ago, YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay said:

Nope. Game's completely unresponsive. Only thing that works is PS-button and switching to the ps-menu where I can shut down the game. Nothing else works. 

As I said. R* had one job and they f*cking blew it so hard that Stormy Daniels would be jealous.

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, Vitalize said:

this ^ if r* wanted to hotfix a glitch, they'd do what they did with the cougar dupe and just make it to where you can't sell the specific animal carcass until they're able to fix it.

They definitely could, but unless I've completely misunderstood how the glitch works, I think the only reason Northern Pike is so popular is because it's so easy to get the 2 high value medium carcasses needed to make it worthwhile.

I haven't tried the glitch, but in theory, if any carcass that goes on the back of a horse will work, R* would have to make dozens of animals unsellable. It's fairly easy to get 2 3* deer, players wouldn't be making that much less than with Pike.

Jason
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

They definitely could, but unless I've completely misunderstood how the glitch works, I think the only reason Northern Pike is so popular is because it's so easy to get the 2 high value medium carcasses needed to make it worthwhile.

I haven't tried the glitch, but in theory, if any carcass that goes on the back of a horse will work, R* would have to make dozens of animals unsellable. It's fairly easy to get 2 3* deer, players wouldn't be making that much less than with Pike.

Correct. They would have to disable the butcher.

Leftover Pizza
14 minutes ago, No Homing said:

Where are the f*cking animals in this game??

I've never seen them f*ck, so I don't think they were ever in there. 

Stupidis

So I just rode from St Denis to Valentine. Didn't encounter a single animal. And all the fish seem to have vanished as well. This is laughable,

BZXC32

So free roam is completly messed up atm i did many gunrush and overrun games instead to make some money and gold when i finnaly got enough to buy stuff i wanted, i opened the hend hold catalogue and ordered when i tried to close the catalogue i got the error message and had to rejoin. After a hour i still dont got my stuff but i did loose my money and gold, 

why oh why did i go back and play rdo? 

-LN-
24 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

I've been lucky and haven't seen any dupers, and my sessions have great wildlife, no disconnects today or last night, and about half the stranger missions working fine. Had numerous random encounters, one ambush, and won my first fishing contest. 

3 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Just logged on, played for 10 min. no problems at all. And there were dupers there to boot. Whatever's happening to some isn't happening to everyone, not me anyway.

I'm kinda convinced now that this is a regional thing; I've still not ran into issues myself and all of the reports of broken lobbies seem to be coming from players in the UK and continental Europe. From what I can tell, Canada, Australia, and most of the US do not seem to be having these issues. It definitely seems to be more restricted to Europe for some odd reason.

Stupidis
6 minutes ago, -LN- said:

I'm kinda convinced now that this is a regional thing; I've still not ran into issues myself and all of the reports of broken lobbies seem to be coming from players in the UK and continental Europe. From what I can tell, Canada, Australia, and most of the US do not seem to be having these issues. It definitely seems to be more restricted to Europe for some odd reason.

Well, I live in Sweden (northern Europe) so maybe you're right. I just don't understand why some areas in the world would be affected and not others.

-LN-
Just now, Stupidis said:

Well, I live in Sweden (northern Europe) so maybe you're right. I just don't understand why some areas in the world would be affected and not others.

Same; I've been trying to figure it out as well. It's definitely the oddest thing I've seen in quite sometime. I don't often get to play during prime EU hours because of the time zone differences, but this is what I'm gathering based upon what's been reported here, what I've seen myself in game, and what people that I know have experienced.

aFinn
9 minutes ago, -LN- said:

There are lobbies that work, I was in one today. But when I join a lobby myself, it's a broken one. I'm from Finland.

A friend of mine (from Ireland) asked what's going on today, and we were joined by another friend who was in a lobby that was fully functional. She was the posse leader and we did 2 story missions and poker and all lobbies we loaded into were working lobbies with animals spawning normally.

-LN-
5 minutes ago, aFinn said:

There are lobbies that work, I was in one today. But when I join a lobby myself, it's a broken one. I'm from Finland.

A friend of mine (from Ireland) asked what's going on today, and we were joined by another friend who was in a lobby that was fully functional. She was the posse leader and we did 2 story missions and poker and all lobbies we loaded into were working lobbies with animals spawning normally.

Very strange indeed. Was the posse leader from somewhere outside of EU? Aside from certain countries not allowing poker, I'd never known geographical region to influence or have certain problems with lobbies that others do not seem to be having. I don't know where most of the people in my lobbies were from, but this would have been during late evening NA time/afternoon AU time when I started playing.

aFinn
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Was the posse leader from somewhere outside of EU?

She has a distinct British accent, but I do not know if she lives in UK or US

When I join lobbies, they quite often have other Finnish or European named PSN accounts so it does lump us together.

Edited by aFinn

Jason

UK here, wasn't having issues for a few days after the update but started getting them last night.

hugh750
4 hours ago, Leftover Pizza said:

I'm curious to what explanation they'll come up with for this f*ck up, right when they claimed to have fixed a lot and are confident enough to unbeta the game. Yeah, that'll gain them faith....

they did fix the horse bonding issue and added poker, but broke just about every thing else

jamsroob
15 minutes ago, hugh750 said:

they did fix the horse bonding issue and added poker, but broke just about every thing else

Poker is broken too...

poker.jpg

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I have tried, but I can't successfully get into a Showdown, or preferably Gun Rush, so I can't complete the glitch. 

How? I'm not doubting you. I literally mean how? 

I've been using a gun rush/showdown related method, but I can't get them to work.

tbh I don't know, but I thought he used the gun rush method. He has two consoles, maybe that makes it easier for him.

However he's in there with two accounts and idling all the time. I dunno what's going on lol, but this session seems fine. 
I'm in it for about 2hrs now and there are already 7 players. Let's see if the bugs start occuring when it fills up

hugh750
Just now, jamsroob said:

Poker is broken too...

poker.jpg

it works fine for me.

rusbeckia
1 minute ago, jamsroob said:

Poker is broken too...

poker.jpg

I've seen that too yesterday!