3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Assblaster

In-game poker avatars retain old pics when players leave the table. No biggie but an irritating little bug.

RaigeGames
14 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

In-game poker avatars retain old pics when players leave the table. No biggie but an irritating little bug.

I noticed that as well. At one point there were 5 players at the table but 6 pictures were showing 

Baltel

I love everything about this new update but unfortunately im having some blue screens, i play for like 15 or 20 minutes, and boom a blue screens appears and kick me out of the game, this never happen to me before, i don't know if some file get corrupted, did anyone find a way to fix this?

Leftover Pizza

Since the latest update I keep spawning half naked with no saved outfits on my horse either. I have to travel to a general store or clothier (which one is the nearest) to get some cloths on my back, save the outfit again, to find it gone when I relog the game and have to do it all over again. Changing sessions, same deal. When I respawn from death, half naked again, but my horse has the outfit still saved in that case, so I can dress up without riding to a town. 

I'm at the point of to just not bother and run around half naked, just like I stopped bothering to setup camp and have Cripps move it around all the time (or wrap it up and leave). 

RaigeGames

I've had two instances today where I cannot revive my horse. I press to revive but the button turns white and then I am frozen. The only way I've been able to unfreeze myself is by opening the menu and backing out, but my horse is still laying on the ground unrevived. Has anyone else had this problem?

IamCourtney

Stranger mission launches are still a dicey proposal I see... nothing takes the wind out of my sails faster than being unable to get a job going, or having a productive string come to a screeching halt for no good reason. There is no good reason this should still be happening so often, especially now that they've dropped the Beta classification...

wehweh01
21 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

Stranger mission launches are still a dicey proposal I see... nothing takes the wind out of my sails faster than being unable to get a job going, or having a productive string come to a screeching halt for no good reason. There is no good reason this should still be happening so often, especially now that they've dropped the Beta classification...

So many good bug fixes came with this update. Hopefully this means we'll be getting some help soon with these ones.

Fookin Laser Sights
1 hour ago, Leftover Pizza said:

Since the latest update I keep spawning half naked with no saved outfits on my horse either. I have to travel to a general store or clothier (which one is the nearest) to get some cloths on my back, save the outfit again, to find it gone when I relog the game and have to do it all over again. Changing sessions, same deal. When I respawn from death, half naked again, but my horse has the outfit still saved in that case, so I can dress up without riding to a town. 

I'm at the point of to just not bother and run around half naked, just like I stopped bothering to setup camp and have Cripps move it around all the time (or wrap it up and leave). 

Are your clothes outfits that you bought through the handheld catalogue perhaps?

Hayes MP

Was doing a treasure map and had just opened the chest and got the disconnect msg before I could grab the loot. Now no more map. Will rockstar do anything about that if I submit a ticket?

Happy Hunter
14 minutes ago, Hayes MP said:

Was doing a treasure map and had just opened the chest and got the disconnect msg before I could grab the loot. Now no more map. Will rockstar do anything about that if I submit a ticket?

Possibly. I had two treasure maps that were bugged and wouldn't let me pick up the loot at all. I submitted a ticket and got some gold and money for them. Although, I did have a video of it happening.

You also may have to jump through a few initial hoops. They'll ask you to clear your cache etc. Just tell them you've tried it, didn't work (even if it makes no sense).

Gleeman Vox

Closed the app over 20 times today due to infinite loading screens getting into a showdown, and the 2 times I did get in I get a f*cking error

Happy Hunter

W3QPgtw.png

Why does this pop up if someone's doing a mission nearby? Kind of defeats the whole point of supposedly not being able to see these missions while in defensive mode doesn't it?

If I'm defensive, I don't need to be told when people are coming by so I can pop out and attack them.

Mad-Monkey_1st
4 hours ago, Baltel said:

I love everything about this new update but unfortunately im having some blue screens, i play for like 15 or 20 minutes, and boom a blue screens appears and kick me out of the game, this never happen to me before, i don't know if some file get corrupted, did anyone find a way to fix this?

happening to a lot of players im assuming some bad coding Ive had one blue screen since PS4 launch, Now had 4 blue screens and a further two screen freezes within the first 24 hours after update. Seems to have stabilized now now for me at least

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

W3QPgtw.png

Why does this pop up if someone's doing a mission nearby? Kind of defeats the whole point of supposedly not being able to see these missions while in defensive mode doesn't it?

If I'm defensive, I don't need to be told when people are coming by so I can pop out and attack them.

Not seen that so far, I'm not a fan.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're defensive you shouldn't be aware of anyone else's stranger mission. That information should be for offensive players only.

Really weak on R*s part. That's a new feedback I can start sending.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Chrismads

f*cking lucky all inners is pissing me off.

Played a game earlier and the idiot all inner left the game with $60 from pure luck and going all in all the time.

Please everyone, whenever you play with ppl like that, drag out the game.

Let the timer run almost all the way down before you manually fold.

AmyStone

Twice now I've received bad honour for depending myself. I know that they can only go so far with seeing if you're defending yourself and they probably can't detect threats the same way a person can but someone was running towards me with a lasso and they were obviously going to try to tie me up so I killed them. The other time someone was aiming a gun and me and before they could get a shot off I killed them. Now I don't think they could have detected the first one but they should be able to detect someone aiming a gun at you and defending yourself against that shouldn't get your a bounty or dishonour.

Hetraet
31 minutes ago, AmyStone said:

Twice now I've received bad honour for depending myself. I know that they can only go so far with seeing if you're defending yourself and they probably can't detect threats the same way a person can but someone was running towards me with a lasso and they were obviously going to try to tie me up so I killed them. The other time someone was aiming a gun and me and before they could get a shot off I killed them. Now I don't think they could have detected the first one but they should be able to detect someone aiming a gun at you and defending yourself against that shouldn't get your a bounty or dishonour.

That's why we have defensive mode, if you don't want to receive bad honor then just let them kill you, press charges and go defensive in the interactive menu. Defensive mode is a pretty neat addition.

RyuNova

Well it happened...

Not three days since it was launched and I have already been called a "Passive Mode Pussy" in RDO.

NikosUncle

Can someone tell me why my owned horse isn’t there when doing missions? I get given some shtty random horse instead.

Hetraet
2 minutes ago, NikosUncle said:

Can someone tell me why my owned horse isn’t there when doing missions? I get given some shtty random horse instead.

You can set default horses for individual activities like races, story missions and free mode. Just go to the stables section in interaction menu and set it for your liking.

Leftover Pizza
50 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

That's why we have defensive mode, if you don't want to receive bad honor then just let them kill you, press charges and go defensive in the interactive menu. Defensive mode is a pretty neat addition.

Let them shoot you first so their dot turns red on the radar. You are then free to kill them and not receive any dishonor or become offensive yourself. 

7 hours ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

Are your clothes outfits that you bought through the handheld catalogue perhaps?

One of the outfits is, but it never was a problem before the big update. 

Mad-Monkey_1st
3 hours ago, AmyStone said:

You have answered your own question, Although they were aiming and running towards you with lasso its not classed as aggressive behavior till they actually commit the act. So there you took the lead and disposed of them before they had committed anything thus you where the aggressor and your honor fell to suit your actions. had you waited till they actually shot or lasso you and then retaliated even killing them your honor would not have been affected and you wouldnt accrue any bounty.

I dont know yet how many times you can kill these greifers before you become the same as ive only return killed them 1 for 1 they kill me i kill them its over no penalty for me but had i done what some did prior to update and kept killing them till they leave for example im sure things would have changed

6 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

W3QPgtw.png

If your in defense mode and get close enough to another player/s doing say stranger mission, you cannot see them so this pops up letting you know if you change to offensive you will see them and can attack them

Clickalot

This is not a bitching but more curious...
Does anyone else get only "accept" with a stranger mission

Every stranger mission seems to be broken.

Leftover Pizza

Blue screen twice on the game today. 3x killed of which 2 right after spawning in a fresh freeroam session. 1 time I spawned on a cliff, dropping off instantly while selecting Defensive mode; dead. Respawned back in, at a nice patch of trees, reselecting Defensive Mode, hearing a growl while pushing the D-Pad, Mauled by a bear; dead. Respawned again, reselecting Defensive again, got shot in the head by a douche; dead.

And, no matter how many times I save my outfits and store them on my horses saddle, the custom outfits just don't work. Half naked spawns and empty saddle outfit spots e.v.e.r.y..s.i.n.g.l.e time again since the update. I'm getting so tired of it. 

Fixed 400+ bugs and left the other 1000 in it.....

Assblaster
11 minutes ago, Clickalot said:

This is not a bitching but more curious...
Does anyone else get only "accept" with a stranger mission

Every stranger mission seems to be broken.

So far twice this morning I got em to work finally by clicking on it (r2) then waiting awhile (like 5-10 minutes) and clicking again. It's irritating and wastes time but it's worked for me doing that.

Clickalot
19 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

So far twice this morning I got em to work finally by clicking on it (r2) then waiting awhile (like 5-10 minutes) and clicking again. It's irritating and wastes time but it's worked for me doing that.

okay

Thanks for the tip
Anything else didnt work ..opening catalogue, opening the map.

Assblaster
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Clickalot said:

okay

Thanks for the tip
Anything else didnt work ..opening catalogue, opening the map.

Hope it works for you.

EDIT: I tried it a third time to no avail. So it must be a random thing I suppose.

Edited by Assblaster

RaigeGames
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

Blue screen twice on the game today. 3x killed of which 2 right after spawning in a fresh freeroam session. 1 time I spawned on a cliff, dropping off instantly while selecting Defensive mode; dead. Respawned back in, at a nice patch of trees, reselecting Defensive Mode, hearing a growl while pushing the D-Pad, Mauled by a bear; dead. Respawned again, reselecting Defensive again, got shot in the head by a douche; dead.

And, no matter how many times I save my outfits and store them on my horses saddle, the custom outfits just don't work. Half naked spawns and empty saddle outfit spots e.v.e.r.y..s.i.n.g.l.e time again since the update. I'm getting so tired of it. 

Fixed 400+ bugs and left the other 1000 in it.....

Just curious, do you own the LeMat revolver? I read a post by someone in another forum saying they started getting blue screens on their ps4 after purchasing the LeMat. They had a second character on another account that doesn't own the LeMat and when they play with that character they don't get blue screens. 

I have not clue if that claim holds any weight or if a gun in game could cause that, but I guess it's worth looking into

Edited by RaigeGames

Leftover Pizza

Checked horse stats from the menu. Says female, but has a huge nutsack dangling in the privates area..... still not fixed.

RyuNova

Why the f*ck cant I start missions?

Their marker is lit up and they say they have work for me but nothing happens. Please, I am genuinely enjoying my time in RDO but something like this will kill the fun. I dont want to wait weeks for a Patch that might never come.