3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Happy Hunter

Should I even bother asking if we might get the LeMat tomorrow?

DarkReign27
1 hour ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I don't think I will ever truly love this game unless private sessions become a thing. Its just impossible to relax in the game-world with all these red-dots constantly spawning all over. You know, take walks in town, enter a busy town without b-lining for a store, hunting / fishing without constantly checking the minimap, not have to plan travel routes based around red-dot players on the map etc.

Ya when I was play'n I was sweatn because to do anything it was this dodging, my friend and I went to one of the Saloons he was sitting there I joined him saw two people came in I bailed out the window he didnt know why I did and they threw dynamite wipe out the place I think that was my last encounter before I left. Hope they do implement it they didn't even consider that people would like to roleplay in this settings and have their our own character at launch. Would like to play this without that dread, haven't been able to come back to this game for a month pretty much.

ALifeOfMisery
4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

The game needs the new content badly.

The community surrounding RDO is dead. Here on the forum, 30-35 people viewing the RDO section, the last post before this one was over 2 hours ago. Look at the r/reddeadonline sub, filter it by latest, it's dead. Search Twitter using the #RedDeadOnline hashtag, dead.

R* need to do something to generate some interest, because RDO is on it's @rse right now.

Fookin Laser Sights
4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

If you've been a good cowpoke, rockstar might give you a candy bar FOR FREE!!!

CMCSAVAGE
42 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

The community surrounding RDO is dead. Here on the forum, 30-35 people viewing the RDO section, the last post before this one was over 2 hours ago. Look at the r/reddeadonline sub, filter it by latest, it's dead. Search Twitter using the #RedDeadOnline hashtag, dead.

R* need to do something to generate some interest, because RDO is on it's @rse right now.

Most people that play any game don't frequent forums or any social media about the game. If anything, YouTube is more preferred over forums.

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Most people that play any game don't frequent forums or any social media about the game. If anything, YouTube is more preferred over forums.

Of course most people playing any game don't frequent forums or social media surrounding games that they are playing.

Nevertheless, forums, YouTube and social media can be used as indicators towards the health of the community surrounding a game. If few people are discussing a game or watching/creating content about a game, it's probably not doing too well.

Just compare RDO, R*s latest online offering, to GTAO, R*s almost 6 year old, originally last gen, online title. Here, 400+ people viewing the GTAO section, under 40 people viewing the RDO section. On Reddit, look at the frequency of posts on r/gtaonline compared to r/RedDeadOnline. On YouTube, look at the views on RDO content compared to GTAO content. @Happy Huntercan tell us about the difference in view count on RDO content compared to GTAO content.

Yes, GTAO is a phenomenon, RDO is too niche to ever match the interest in GTAO, but, surely no one would have expected such a difference in the traffic created by the two titles. 

There is hardly any interest in RDO in comparison. Also, just look at the discourse around just about any other current live service title, even utter garbage such as Anthem, RDO pales in comparison. People just aren't captivated or interested in RDO.

R* seriously need to create some excitement and hype around RDO, because it already seems to be getting close to the point where people don't even care enough to complain about RDO.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

jje1000
Posted (edited)

When do you all think we'll get updated playercount numbers for RDO? 

It would really tell us the state of the game, and its future potential.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:02 AM, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

The Gold store could and should have been left out till beta ended, We can still earn gold ingame to pay for stuff "Gold only" 

This assumes that the 'Beta' label is a honest one. It's not, the game is mechanically in alpha, but in R* and T2's view, it's a full Anthem-tier release.

Edited by jje1000

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, jje1000 said:

When do you all think we'll get updated playercount numbers for RDO? 

It would really tell us the state of the game, and its future potential.

I'd be surprised if we ever get anything official from R*. Unless the figures are something to shout about.

jje1000
Just now, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'd be surprised if we ever get anything official from R*. Unless the figures are something to shout about.

Not really expecting anything from R*, as I don't think the numbers are going to be as rosy as they want- I'm more interested in the 3rd party figures, like the numbers we got last time.

ALifeOfMisery
2 minutes ago, jje1000 said:

Not really expecting anything from R*, as I don't think the numbers are going to be as rosy as they want- I'm more interested in the 3rd party figures, like the numbers we got last time.

Something might come out in the news surrounding the T2 Q4 conference call that's happening at 16:30 EDT today.

T2 don't usually comment on specifics, they leave that to their individual developers, but the 3rd parties reporting on it might give us some details on player count etc.

CMCSAVAGE
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Just compare RDO, R*s latest online offering, to GTAO, R*s almost 6 year old, originally last gen, online title. Here, 400+ people viewing the GTAO section, under 40 people viewing the RDO section. 

Yes, GTAO is a phenomenon, RDO is too niche to ever match the interest in GTAO, but, surely no one would have expected such a difference in the traffic created by the two titles. 

The numbers make perfect sense. To use 40 vs 400 for easy comparison, that's 10%. Transfer that to real life, for every 100 people playing RDO, there's 1000 playing GTAO. So that's 10x more for GTAO, probably more, but I'm just using this forum traffic as an example.

Even you said RDO is too niche. It's almost an apples vs. oranges comparison. I bet more people bought GTAV just for the online vs. RDR2 for online (my opinion).

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying the numbers make sense to me. 

Edited by CMCSAVAGE

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

The numbers make perfect sense. To use 40 vs 400 for easy comparison, that's 10%. Transfer that to real life, for every 100 people playing RDO, there's 1000 playing GTAO. So that's 10x more for GTAO, probably more, but I'm just using this forum traffic as an example.

Even you said RDO is too niche. It's almost an apples vs. oranges comparison. I bet more people bought GTAV just for the online vs. RDR2 for online (my opinion).

When laid out like that, even using the viewing figures only from here, RDO holding 10% of the interest that GTAO does make sense.

If R* had handled the launch of RDO better, I'd hope the figures would be higher, even taking the niche interest that RDO has into account. 

As for players buying a copy of GTA V for GTAO access alone, I'd agree with you that the numbers are probably close. GTA V is just under the 100m mark, RDR2 somewhere around, or just North of 25m, or somewhere around those ballpark figures.

It wouldn't be that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that more than 25m copies of GTA V have been sold where the player has jumped straight into Online or only completed the prologue.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

CMCSAVAGE
7 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

It wouldn't be that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that more than 25m copies of GTA V have been sold where the player has jumped straight into Online or only completed the prologue.

I remember back on PS3 well after the game came out, if I was online I would check my friends stats by going to the friends tab. If they weren't online I'd look to see what their progress was on SP. It was like hardly anyone even touched SP.

Hetraet

I'm kinda afraid of what kinda sh*t are they gonna pull off tommorow. Atleast I'll have something to laugh at.

happygrowls

Hoping tomorrow will be a surprise update drop like the older GTA Online updates were.

Literally logging in to claim my $100 now, first time I've been on in awhile.

CMCSAVAGE
3 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

I'm kinda afraid of what kinda sh*t are they gonna pull off tomorrow. At least I'll have something to laugh b*tch at.

Fixed it for ya, lol, Who knows. Best case, surprise us with the Spring update, worst case, jacksh*t and $100. Oh wait, that was this week lol.

Jason

If someone says the word niche when talking about RDR2 or RDO one more time I'ma ring yer neck.

The game has sold 23 million copies as of February this year, it's one of the best selling games of the generation. It's as niche as Call of Duty.

MostWantedMVP

Be nice to get some recognition this week. The big update announcement (and still a pinned tweet) was nearly 2 months ago now.

ALifeOfMisery
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

If someone says the word niche when talking about RDR2 or RDO one more time I'ma ring yer neck.

The game has sold 23 million copies as of February this year, it's one of the best selling games of the generation. It's as niche as Call of Duty.

I only ever mean niche in terms of popularity in comparison to GTA V/GTAO, which I'll admit is a moot point, because every AAA title has a niche interest in comparison to GTA V/GTAO.

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)

@Jason Exactly.

New update coming tomorrow hopefully.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

BUT THE BENZ

update tomorrow? why tomorrow? is it the (calendary) end of spring?

MostWantedMVP
33 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

update tomorrow? why tomorrow? is it the (calendary) end of spring?

Red Dead Tuesday of course.

Lets hope its something significant.

Xtf

End of Spring is Thursday 20th of June. I'm not expecting to here any details for about another month.
Really they should be making the most of the Beta tag with regular updates and bug fixes, trying out game modes and balancing.  Also give people clear indications of when they would roll progress back.  What happens if you do opt for the microtransactions, will you get credit (assuming they wouldn't refund) if your in game progress is rolled back.  Basically get the game into the best stable state it can be in, then release the update separately so people might appreciate the update rather than complain that they've waiting months for bug fixes that haven't worked or made things worse.

BUT THE BENZ

^ they will NOT roll back progress...I'm about to hit rank 100 with tonight's session - f*ck doing ANY of that again!

CosmicBuffalo

A list of 3 pretty easy animals to find...2 spawn all over the map.  Ride around map looting spots for an hour...1 of 5 killed.  I am not even saying R* is intentionally preventing spawning of ravens or squirrels...but they should actually should be force spawning them in, so when people are just messing around they get a daily, so they are encouraged to keep playing...basic stuff right...not so much...these "easy ones" are paired with [the get lucky af and] kill 3 players from a moving train...so I should be stomping out squirrels left and right...sigh.

YNNEL
1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

^ they will NOT roll back progress...I'm about to hit rank 100 with tonight's session - f*ck doing ANY of that again!

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they did. They never completely ruled it out which is a bit alarming to me, like there covering themselves for the eventuality. If they did though I would quit the game for good. I’ve got up to level 95 (it’s been a loooong often boring grind - it amazes me how people are 300+) and I’ve not been on for a while.

Jason
13 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

They won't. They can't, it would kill the game completely if they theoretically did, but they won't.

Beta's often have wipes because betas like a weekend or two at most typically, not 6+ months. They left the door open for a wipe in the early weeks to cover them selves incase they had to wipe (dupe exploit was found or w/e) but they're looooooong past the point of no return now.

Xtf

That's why I said rollback instead of wipe, a wipe would kill it dead but to go back 3 or 4 days off isn't unheard of in live games

ThaBirdCoot

They can go ahead roll back my progress for all I care. Haven't touched RDO in a few days now. Never thought back in November this was gonna last only a couple months. But yeah, R* really sh*t the bed. Nobody I know from PS4 buddies is even playing anymore either. Not even my brother I can motivate to hop online though he still plays story mode quite a lot. This game was certainly only entertaining to play with friends, other than that it's just a slow ass grind with little to no amusement. 

Happy Hunter

If they wipe, rollback, take any progress away whatsoever - I'm done.