3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Coleco

I thought R*'s attitude towards GTAO was bad, but this is just taking the absolute piss right now.

For me the feeling regarding RDO has gone rapidly from "too bored to want to play" to "not starting the game up out of a matter of principle". I'm angry about it because there is so much potential being squandered in an amazing environment. Exactly like GTAO. No lessons learned, just the usual silence, arrogance and resting on laurels.

R* has really lost my faith and support and that's a spectacular achievement - Their games have been a mainstay of my play time since GTA2 but starting around 2017 I've shifted from being a diehard fan to a bitterly disappointed cynic. Their clueless copy-pasted design practices, inability to communicate, torturous dripfeed, lacklustre trend-following content and slew of connection and functionality issues have turned me off the idea of even looking at any future games they release.

tonko
47 minutes ago, Coleco said:

I thought R*'s attitude towards GTAO was bad, but this is just taking the absolute piss right now.

For me the feeling regarding RDO has gone rapidly from "too bored to want to play" to "not starting the game up out of a matter of principle". I'm angry about it because there is so much potential being squandered in an amazing environment. Exactly like GTAO. No lessons learned, just the usual silence, arrogance and resting on laurels.

R* has really lost my faith and support and that's a spectacular achievement - Their games have been a mainstay of my play time since GTA2 but starting around 2017 I've shifted from being a diehard fan to a bitterly disappointed cynic. Their clueless copy-pasted design practices, inability to communicate, torturous dripfeed, lacklustre trend-following content and slew of connection and functionality issues have turned me off the idea of even looking at any future games they release.

That's how i feel to. From hardcore fan since GTA 3 days and playing every game inbetween to "i don't even want to turn on this game". Really sad.

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

well, R* COULD write a newswire entry starting to COMMUNICATE with their customers "again", telling us what's up right now and what's it gonna be in the future (that road ahead etc) ....but they chose not to talk to us, NO,.instead they troll us by giving us 100 $ and tell us they have stuff they're not ready to announce just yet...which is the equivalent to 12-years-old-youtube-kid behaviour trying to keep subscribers and getting likes, or whatthef*ckever is going on these days!

They thru all the toys out the pram and are sulking because players have complained on all the social sites 😁😁😁😁

Edited by Mad-Monkey_1st

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Coleco said:

I've said it before, but I'm resigned to the notion that I'm simply no longer R*s target audience.

Even in its current state, I've found a niche I can somewhat enjoy in RDO. The slower pace and the peace, in comparison with GTAO, suit me and my style of play. So I'll have my fun while ever I can and "retire" to SP only in future titles.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

elfoam

As I have uninstalled this game many many many months ago.. tell me, did anything ever actually improve and are they still calling it a "beta"

YNNEL

The game is garbage. Why spend 8 years making a game only to ignore it as soon as online comes out? Why invest so much time making a game? It looks great but that’s about all it’s got going for it. I don’t want to play PVP Rockstar. It isn’t fun nor interesting I don’t want to have to shoot someone 20 times in the face before they die.

GTA Online is 6 years old ffs and is getting way more attention than this. I understand it’s the more popular franchise so why not just make GTA 6 rather than spend 8 years making a game they clearly aren’t too fussed about.

I haven’t played for a few days now and I don’t miss it at all.

CMCSAVAGE
2 hours ago, elfoam said:

As I have uninstalled this game many many many months ago.. tell me, did anything ever actually improve and are they still calling it a "beta"

I applaud you sir. I'd much rather have you not play than to come on here and b*tch about it. And you already know the answer to your question.

11 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

The game is garbage. Why spend 8 years making a game only to ignore it as soon as online comes out? Why invest so much time making a game?

They didn't ignore the game, it's finished. I don't remember them saying anything about adding SP content. You act like online is the main thing. "Hey everyone, if you spend $60 for RDO, we'll throw in an awesome AAA SP game as an added bonus, absolutely free."

If you're going to b*tch about online, complain about the existing bugs and broken sh*t, not stuff that hasn't come yet. So far they've delivered on everything they said would be coming before the Spring update.

YNNEL
11 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

I applaud you sir. I'd much rather have you not play than to come on here and b*tch about it. And you already know the answer to your question.

They didn't ignore the game, it's finished. I don't remember them saying anything about adding SP content. You act like online is the main thing. "Hey everyone, if you spend $60 for RDO, we'll throw in an awesome AAA SP game as an added bonus, absolutely free."

If you're going to b*tch about online, complain about the existing bugs and broken sh*t, not stuff that hasn't come yet. So far they've delivered on everything they said would be coming before the Spring update.

It’s their job to develop awesome AAA games given the resources at their disposal. They ain’t doing us a favour. Don’t introduce micro transactions into a game they themselves have admitted isn’t finished.

CMCSAVAGE
13 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

It’s their job to develop awesome AAA games given the resources at their disposal. They ain’t doing us a favour. Don’t introduce micro transactions into a game they themselves have admitted isn’t finished.

It's not their job, it's their desire and commitment to their fanbase. They could produce complete dogsh*t if they wanted to. The fact they sell gold has no relevance, buy it or don't buy. No one needs or has to.

YNNEL
9 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

It's not their job, it's their desire and commitment to their fanbase. They could produce complete dogsh*t if they wanted to. The fact they sell gold has no relevance, buy it or don't buy. No one needs or has to.

Fair point lol

Happy Hunter
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

I'd much rather have you not play than to come on here and b*tch about it.

This is the b*tch and moan thread to be fair. It's sacred ground, and anyone bitching here - they should be able to.

I see some people post all over the forum, in literally any thread they can squeeze it into. But people who bitch in the bitch and moan thread, and every now and then in the event thread (when it's as lame as a 100$ bribe they have to react) - what's wrong with that?

Edited by Happy Hunter

wehweh01
Posted (edited)

Time for me to get this show on the road.

Rockstar is a bunch of poopy faces :r*:

Edited by wehweh01
Subscribe to Pewdiepie

netnow66
7 hours ago, elfoam said:

Some real improvements (along with some "improvements" that are not improvements) but not enough to keep most that I know playing. The game still isn't "a fun and fair environment for everyone" as Rockstar stated in their promotional copy (unless you play in glitched solo/passive lobbies). Maybe after the offensive/defensive update that will change.

And, yes, it's still in "beta." 🤣

Waingro

The year is 2030.

Climate change has eviscerated the coastal cities of the United States.

Toxic blooms have forced foodies to think deep sea worms are "lit" to eat now that there's no more fish.

Corporations left unchecked have become city-states with extraterritoriality and their own private armies.

And Rockstar announced the end of Beta for Red Dead Online ! YEE HAAW! Stay tuned for their first Post-Beta Update.

CMCSAVAGE
30 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

This is the b*tch and moan thread to be fair. It's sacred ground, and anyone bitching here - they should be able to.

I see some people post all over the forum, in literally any thread they can squeeze it into. But people who bitch in the bitch and moan thread, and every now in the event thread (when it's as lame as a 100$ bribe they have to react) - what's wrong with that?

There's a fine line between B&M and whining. Quite a few on here crossed that line awhile ago. Complaining about existing bugs and other broken sh*t is one thing. Hating and bashing because you didn't like the update or about content that's not here (that was never promised to be here at this point) is pretty much whining.

People complain about lack of communication. Maybe they should go back and read the newswires. R* has delivered everything they said they were going to up to this point. 

Hetraet
4 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

That's true...just wanna point out that they are currently producing absolute dogsh*t. Absolute overpriced dogsh*t to be completely accurate. For example Fortnite like emotes are the thing they worked on the most, the rest of put out content are just easy to make adversary modes and reskinned clothes from SP. I hope they turn it around with that Spring update, otherwise they lost a customer.

2 minutes ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

There's a fine line between B&M and whining. Quite a few on here crossed that line awhile ago. Complaining about existing bugs and other broken sh*t is one thing. Hating and bashing because you didn't like the update or about content that's not here (that was never promised to be here at this point) is pretty much whining.

People complain about lack of communication. Maybe they should go back and read the newswires. R* has delivered everything they said they were going to up to this point. 

Ehm...Bitch & moaning is the synonym for whining, there's no fine line. We just complain about things we don't like about the game, about R*'s broken promises (listening to fanbase). Ofc they delivered all they said they would, but everything they said they'll implement was not from our feedback...where are lobby types?, passive mode?, gambling?...it might be all coming later but it seems like R* ignores our feedback because it's too much work for them. They'll rather sh*t out these adversary modes and reskinned overpriced clothes every few months to keep someone playing.

CMCSAVAGE
13 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

That's true...just wanna point out that they are currently producing absolute dogsh*t. 

Ehm...Bitch & moaning is the synonym for whining, there's no fine line. We just complain about things we don't like about the game, about R*'s broken promises (listening to fanbase). Ofc they delivered all they said they would, but everything they said they'll implement was not from our feedback...where are lobby types?, passive mode?, gambling?...it might be all coming later but it seems like R* ignores our feedback because it's too much work for them. They'll rather sh*t out these adversary modes and reskinned overpriced clothes every few months to keep someone playing.

Let's just agree to disagree with your first statement. Personally, I paid for RDR2, the MP is just a bonus. They would gotten my money regardless if there was MP or not.

The fine line is in the way it's done. So you agree that they delivered everything they said they would so far, great. And you acknowledge the fact that things that aren't here yet may come in the future, great. If everyone agreed and accepted those two things, this thread wouldn't be 159 pages long.

As far as implementing stuff from feedback, at this point? They already had their roadmap and goals set for what they were going to do, at least up to Spring update. I'm sure you'll start seeing stuff roll out after that. I doubt they'll ever do the lobby thing, which sucks. 

raysis
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, YNNEL said:

The game is garbage. Why spend 8 years making a game only to ignore it as soon as online comes out? Why invest so much time making a game? It looks great but that’s about all it’s got going for it. I don’t want to play PVP Rockstar. It isn’t fun nor interesting I don’t want to have to shoot someone 20 times in the face before they die.

GTA Online is 6 years old ffs and is getting way more attention than this. I understand it’s the more popular franchise so why not just make GTA 6 rather than spend 8 years making a game they clearly aren’t too fussed about.

Feel the same, why do they bother to update gtao with endless job mission that we already have 100 of from earlier in the job list.

We want more then that. 

Find it wierd to hold on to a 6 year old online game that isnt improved in any way, they could have done something to it to make it feel better/looks better since they refuse to change it out with a new one.

Gtao is mutch more popular then rdo and thats just the way it it.

Just see on twitch they have 150000 views from time to another on gtao,

rdo have 350 only. Thats a big bummer for me since im a rdr fan.

Not that a streaming page can tell how many that plays it, but it’s a indication about how popular it is.

What can make that old game so popular still? Is it a new generation of kids that keeping it popular maby?

I love Rockstar Games i realy do, but right now both their games is not offer too mutch tbh, gtao is just getting small updates of rince and repeat, rdo it dosnt happen anything at all.

Leaving a fresh new game with huge potentional for many months without improvments or updates is very frustrated to watch. What can we do about it? Guess nothing...

Edited by raysis

Jason

I wouldn't compare GTA V's Twitch numbers to RDO, 99.9% of GTA V's Twitch viewers are watching modded roleplay servers, not GTAO or GTA V SP.

YNNEL
3 minutes ago, raysis said:

Feel the same, why do they even bother to update a 6 years old game, with endless job mission that we already have 100 of from eaelier in the  job list. 

Gtao is mutch more popular then rdo, just see on twitch they have 150000 views from time to another, rdo have 350 only. Thats a big bummer for me since im a rdr fan.

Not that a streaming page can tell how many that plays it, but it’s a indication about how popular it is.

What can make that old game so popular still? Is it a new generation of kids that keeping it popular maby?

Anyway i havent toutched rdo for soon a week. Gtao it have been one year since i was active there.

I love Rockstar Games i realy do, but right now both their games is not offer too mutch tbh, gtao is just getting small updates of rince and repeat, rdo it dosnt happen anything.

Leaving a fresh new game with huge potentionals for many months without improvments or updates is very frustrated to sit here and watch. What can we do about it? Nothing 

There just doesn’t seem to be any urgency that’s the frustrating thing. It sold very well but it was never going to be as popular as GTA. There’s only a couple of YouTuber’s still covering it as well. Single player was one of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had and I was looking forward to really jumping into online since I never really bothered with GTA Online. The Spring update might turn out amazing and I’ll come back in here and eat my words but I think already too many people have left. I don’t just like moaning for the sake of it. They were already up against it competing with GTA Online. Just feel there hasn’t been enough urgency.

ShadowlessDevil
6 hours ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Most people who are complaining about RDO still keep playing the game. I guess to keep complaining more lol...and those same people will most likely keep complaining once the DLC spring update drops :)  

Hetraet
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wouldn't compare GTA V's Twitch numbers to RDO, 99.9% of GTA V's Twitch viewers are watching modded roleplay servers, not GTAO or GTA V SP.

It'll be funny when T2 decides to shut down FiveM completely because it stole their relevance

raysis
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ok so that is what keeping it so popular on twitch, interesting :)

If rdo was what we hoped for it would be at least on top 10-20 most viewed games.

I hope rs change it soon. We are not easy to please either, maby we just require too mutch from the early stage of a beta..

Edited by raysis

raysis
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

There just doesn’t seem to be any urgency that’s the frustrating thing. It sold very well but it was never going to be as popular as GTA. There’s only a couple of YouTuber’s still covering it as well. Single player was one of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had and I was looking forward to really jumping into online since I never really bothered with GTA Online. The Spring update might turn out amazing and I’ll come back in here and eat my words but I think already too many people have left. I don’t just like moaning for the sake of it. They were already up against it competing with GTA Online. Just feel there hasn’t been enough urgency.

Yes im also very curious about the next update, it would be a good add to the game, but people are going to complane no matter what they add in the beta i guess.

Spring dlc offer more of what we want.

But remember  it’s also going to be dripfeed.

Waiting for months and when it release it’s not that mutch to do, then we wait for the dripfeed in the upcoming weeks.

Personaly im ok with dripfeed, making a reason to make us have something to check out each week, but i know people that dislike it very mutch...

Edited by raysis

Hetraet
4 minutes ago, raysis said:

Yes im also very curious about the next update, it would be a good add to the game, but people are going to complane no matter what they add in the beta, i dont think they will add huge updates before it’s done with the beta. Spring dlc offer more anti griefing, more story and stranger missions. I think it would be awesome, but it also going to be dripfeed, waiting for months and when it release it’s not that mutch to do, then we wait for the dripfeed in the upcoming weeks.

It has been mentioned before, but this game left the beta the moment they introduced gold store. The way rockstar maintains this game will not change by simply removing the beta tag. Beta tag is simply a shield from any criticism. Like cmon AAA game from a multi bilion dollar company that has been in beta for 6 months and already has microtransactions in it? Wtf is that...

Jason
37 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

It'll be funny when T2 decides to shut down FiveM completely because it stole their relevance

Yea that's the worry everyone has. Right now they seem to be okay as long as you don't make money from it, but who knows with Take-Two/Rockstar.

34 minutes ago, raysis said:

if rdo was what we hoped for it would be at least on top 10-20 most viewed games.

Honestly I really doubt it. RDO and GTAO don't do well on Twitch, they just aint enjoyable to watch really. The most popular games on Twitch are competitive games and games with good moment to moment gameplay (open world survival games like Rust).

CosmicBuffalo

GTAO has received 5 new contact mission on the fly in the last few weeks...not a big update for GTAO....RDOB has seen less content in 5.5 months.  Seriously....I am not giving up and going back to GTAO...but f'in seriously, adversary modes, br modes, races...are just map variations.   Even if Gun Rush is actually better than every adversary mode in GTAO and the entire arena wars update.  A player could create better BR modes with the proper tools.

CMCSAVAGE
1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

It has been mentioned before, but this game left the beta the moment they introduced gold store. The way rockstar maintains this game will not change by simply removing the beta tag. Beta tag is simply a shield from any criticism. Like cmon AAA game from a multi bilion dollar company that has been in beta for 6 months and already has microtransactions in it? Wtf is that...

Yeah, mentioned by other nitwits. So a storefront that sells gold disqualifies it from being a Beta? I must've missed that chapter in the video game beta requirements rule book. Did you ever think it was offered as a courtesy to players?

They already had the in game store set up. Say they didn't have the gold store until it was out of beta, then people would be b*tching about items that were gold only or had a gold option to buy without there being any gold.

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

^see, you're very quick to "offend" savage, and calling names...when has that ever helped your "case"?!

you just seem to be the kind of dude who NEEDS to be of a different opinion, and certainly THAT opinion is all righty right - while the rest is crazy "nitwits" without any knowledge.

gold store, as a courtesy to players? please, elaborate on that. they could have just SCRAPPED the whole idea of  gold, as a REAL COURTESY to players, but strauss wouldn't want that!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

tonko
11 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

^see, you're very quick to "offend" savage, and calling names...when has that ever helped your "case"?!

you just seem to be the kind of dude who NEEDS to be of a different opinion, and certainly THAT opinion is all righty right - while the rest is crazy "nitwits" without any knowledge.

gold store, as a courtesy to players? please, elaborate on that. they could have just SCRAPPED the whole idea of  gold, as a REAL COURTESY to players, but strauss wouldn't want that!

He's extremely subjective and wrong on so many aspects.