4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

ALifeOfMisery
37 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

They had a decent start, actually doing stuff regularly. Now they've slowed down to a really slow rate. Hard to figure out what's up with them.

Like you said in the Speculation thread, it's the kind of "event" that makes you think something should have happened today but got pushed back, so we ended up with a $100 give away.

It's a complete shambles at this point, the content we're waiting for should already be in the game and we should be expecting whatever is due to come after that by now.

R* are moving far too slowly.

El Diablo 702
5 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

It's a complete shambles at this point, the content we're waiting for should already be in the game and we should be expecting whatever is due to come after that by now.

I personally never expected the amount of content we now have in gta but at least a comparable amount to gta’s online launch.  What we have now is completely unacceptable for a game like this. 

Jason

Unless they drop a metric sh*t ton of content within the next 2 or 3 months then you can reasonably assume that they've moved onto GTA VI and GTAO2.

RDO has never once had the same level of passion or commitment that GTAO had from day 1. It launched with a fraction of the content GTAO had at launch and it's been supported with a fraction of the content GTAO got within a matter of months from it's launch.

TheExclusiveMan
24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unless they drop a metric sh*t ton of content within the next 2 or 3 months then you can reasonably assume that they've moved onto GTA VI and GTAO2.

RDO has never once had the same level of passion or commitment that GTAO had from day 1. It launched with a fraction of the content GTAO had at launch and it's been supported with a fraction of the content GTAO got within a matter of months from it's launch.

It feels like this whole online was last minute and the story came first. They had no idea what to implement into a western game and gave us this pvp centric sandbox

I do hope they support this game because it has potential, but its too late I feel to save it.

Amy Vinewood
27 minutes ago, Jason said:

If they are not working on RDR O I hope they are putting it all into GTA VIce City. I mean they should be a big enough company to do both..

El Diablo 702
9 minutes ago, TheExclusiveMan said:

It feels like this whole online was last minute and the story came first. They had no idea what to implement into a western game and gave us this pvp centric sandbox

I do hope they support this game because it has potential, but its too late I feel to save it.

I think that their launch estimates turned out way lower than expected “ an old west game isn’t for everyone” so they are either cutting the loss or they just never cared to begin with. 

Frykill
1 hour ago, El Diablo 702 said:

Not for me. I’d rather take an old fashioned back alley beat down while having a cattle prod shoved up the back side.  $100, really just as bad as a discount on tonics. We’ve been here just shy of 6 months and rdr1 still has more online content. For me to play again the next update better be bigger than the original heists from gta with everything us players have asked for. 

I figured as much.  Oh well, i guess I'll work instead.  

Jason
27 minutes ago, El Diablo 702 said:

I think that their launch estimates turned out way lower than expected “ an old west game isn’t for everyone” so they are either cutting the loss or they just never cared to begin with. 

Launch sales for RDR2 were above estimate, early RDO numbers were apparently above GTAO's as well I believe but not sure on that. The game has sold probably 25m copies without the PC version being out yet, there's nothing in RDR2's sales figures that you could skew into them being a disappointment.

That said, I do agree with the theory that they never wanted to make RDO, at least not in the way it is now. I think Rockstar just wanted a great SP + a fun little MP mode like RDR1 but Take-Two wanted the big online experience they could monetise for years to come.

Emmi
14 minutes ago, Jason said:

That said, I do agree with the theory that they never wanted to make RDO, at least not in the way it is now. I think Rockstar just wanted a great SP + a fun little MP mode like RDR1 but Take-Two wanted the big online experience they could monetise for years to come.

jack-nicholson-middle-finger.gif

I hope that R* becomes a self-publisher, as is CDPR.

Coleco

This week I have spent more time scraping blu-tack out of 30-year-old Lego bricks than I have playing RDO

Accidentally stabbed myself in the hand a few times while I was at it

Which just served to remind me that we still can't do that online

El Diablo 702
49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Launch sales for RDR2 were above estimate, early RDO numbers were apparently above GTAO's as well I believe but not sure on that. The game has sold probably 25m copies without the PC version being out yet, there's nothing in RDR2's sales figures that you could skew into them being a disappointment.

I wasn’t referring to game sales. I was referring to online player numbers that continue to decline.  This game was hyped for both story and online with the latter being the letdown. As I said earlier this game isn’t for everyone and I think they looked at gtao numbers and thought they would transfer here.  

Jason
20 minutes ago, El Diablo 702 said:

I wasn’t referring to game sales. I was referring to online player numbers that continue to decline.  This game was hyped for both story and online with the latter being the letdown. As I said earlier this game isn’t for everyone and I think they looked at gtao numbers and thought they would transfer here.  

Fair enough. Don't think the setting has anything to do with it though honestly, there's a lot of interest in games of this model these days regardless of their setting. The problem here is that it just has days worth of content at most and it hasn't seen anything new or interesting other than some decent new clothes.

Waingro

The next Red Dead 2 Online announcement:

"Happy Rootin' Tootin' Shootin' Tuesday cowpokes!
Try your hand with the new
'THE SERVERS REMAIN ON' update. Players logging on will find that the game continues to be "ON" and you can do as much as on day one!

Stay tuned for more updates this summer like our 'WILL THERE BE AN UPDATE?' update"

YNNEL

Even something as simple

as adding Poker would make this game 10x more enjoyable. 

Waingro
Just now, YNNEL said:

Even something as simple

as adding Poker would make this game 10x more enjoyable. 

Got a hankering for some Poker, pardner? In our new "TALK IT OUT" Update you and your posse meet at locations from the Story Campaign and play cards over your microphones (Coming Soon).
And later this year: "The Baked Potato Caper!" Somewhere on the map is a baked potato. AND YOU CAN EAT IT.

El Diablo 702
29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fair enough. Don't think the setting has anything to do with it though honestly, there's a lot of interest in games of this model these days regardless of their setting. The problem here is that it just has days worth of content at most and it hasn't seen anything new or interesting other than some decent new clothes.

I think the “settings” thing is a bigger part than we think. Most of the people I played gta with have no interest in rdr.  The bigger issue is lack of content. The thing with games of this model is there is more and more released every day trying to draw players from other games. R* desperately needs to do something to not only keep the remaining players but get players back. 

Hetraet
12 minutes ago, Waingro said:

Got a hankering for some Poker, pardner? In our new "TALK IT OUT" Update you and your posse meet at locations from the Story Campaign and play cards over your microphones (Coming Soon).
And later this year: "The Baked Potato Caper!" Somewhere on the map is a baked potato. AND YOU CAN EAT IT.

Holy heck, don't overwork yourself with that potato, looks like a lot of work, we're not used to so much content anyway, let's just reskin adversary modes from GTAO and make discounts on tonics...or just change colors of the singleplayer gangmember clothes and sell it for 20 gold bars so we have something to spend our purchased gold on. Thanks R*

Jason
6 minutes ago, El Diablo 702 said:

I think the “settings” thing is a bigger part than we think. Most of the people I played gta with have no interest in rdr.  

Most of the people you personally talked to having no interest is completely irrelevant lol, the sample size is too small to mean anything. The game has officially sold 23 million copies and those numbers were from months ago, it's probably at 25m+ at the moment. Those sort of numbers aren't done by many games, we're talking games like Call of Duty's and GTA's, so the idea that the setting didn't appeal to the masses is completely false.

7 minutes ago, El Diablo 702 said:

The bigger issue is lack of content. The thing with games of this model is there is more and more released every day trying to draw players from other games. R* desperately needs to do something to not only keep the remaining players but get players back. 

Yea that's what I meant. They had the players day 1 but they've lost most of them because there's nothing to do in the game and so far they've not given players a reason to come back. The only reason RDO will fail is because of Rockstar.

YNNEL
Posted (edited)

I don’t think the setting is that much more restrictive either. You can still adopt the majority of stuff in GTA Online. Properties, heists, businesses, holding up stores, gambling etc. 

The clothing is certainly a lot cooler in this game than in GTA. As are the weapons.

Edited by YNNEL

Between3and22char
Posted (edited)

I want to say something about the content and updates, all comparing to GTAO (2013), the first big update was in 2015 with Heists, before that was basically vehicles, weapons and clothing items. Following Heists came Freemode Events Update, GTA Online: Lowriders, GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals. Before that was basically missions, races, survivals, Last Team Standing Update in 2014, or am I missing some content before March 2015?. In 2016 we got the business updates, Crates, Bikers, and so on. So, 2 and a half years after initial launch?. People that doesn't play the game even complains, can't prove it, but I'm sure.   

People I guess, they bought GTAO last year with 5 years of been in the market, the beta title I don't care, and have all this content. Does anyone here was playing GTAO when all the blips were a simple plain dot, and you can run into a Rhino around the corner without knowing?

There are some things that need balancing, like rank stuff mostly. Pretty sure that pushes people away.

Please, have some patience.

Edited by Between3and22char

Ghoffman9
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Between3and22char said:

I want to say something about the content and updates, all comparing to GTAO (2013), the first big update was in 2015 with Heists, before that was basically vehicles, weapons and clothing items. Following Heists came Freemode Events Update, GTA Online: Lowriders, GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals. Before that was basically missions, races, survivals, Last Team Standing Update in 2014, or am I missing some content before March 2015?. In 2016 we got the business updates, Crates, Bikers, and so on. So, 2 and a half years after initial launch?. People that doesn't play the game even complains, can't prove it, but I'm sure.   

People I guess, they bought GTAO last year with 5 years of been in the market, the beta title I don't care, and have all this content. Does anyone here was playing GTAO when all the blips were a simple plain dot, and you can run into a Rhino around the corner without knowing?

There are some things that need balancing, like rank stuff mostly. Pretty sure that pushes people away.

Please, have some patience.

Yes but GTAO had much more to offer at launch. 75 contact missions, survival mode, property ownership and so on. Its why Beach Bums did not hurt anywhere near as bad as Gun Rush. While GTAO's first update sucked, it was not devastating cause there was still plenty to do and goals to strive for. Thats not here in RDO, and six months in and that is still not here. GTAO may have had a more buggy launch, but there is no disputing that there was more on offer at the start than what we got with RDO.

Rockstar always preferred producing content that was cheap, low effort, quickly produced, garbage. Its why they been sh*tting out cars, adversary modes, and re-skinned free roam buisnesses for the most part. This strategy has not changed for them in RDO.

I played GTAO right on launch day, my character is a day one character who fortunately survived the bugs other players had faced in the early days. I created an account on this forum two days after and been poking my head in here off and on for five years now. I was there when Rhino Tanks were a threat back then and they never surprised me. Hearing tons of explosions and cop sirens blaring in the distance is a good sign there is a tank nearby. If paying attention, you would hear the tank long before you saw it and can take appropriate action.

Edited by Ghoffman9

RaigeGames

I swear every time I load into this game it's raining. It's always raining. My personal favorite is when it rains for 10 minutes, stops raining for 2 minutes, then starts storming 

chuckclc

Is there something new or different we have to do to play Online now?  I havent played in a couple weeks, decided to log on tonight and see what is happening, just got this.

RaigeGames
3 minutes ago, chuckclc said:

Is there something new or different we have to do to play Online now?  I havent played in a couple weeks, decided to log on tonight and see what is happening, just got this.

I used to get that message a lot in GTA Online. Usually completely exiting out of the game and restarting solved it for me.

jje1000
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Amy Vinewood said:

If they are not working on RDR O I hope they are putting it all into GTA VIce City. I mean they should be a big enough company to do both..

This would be what any reasonably well-managed studio would be capable of- different teams managing different projects at the same time.

But considering the centralization of Rockstar's studio output under Rockstar North/NY, the whole GTAO debacle, and the very same mistakes being repeated in RDO- who knows?

The key takeaway is to look for any signs of RDO being put into 'maintenance mode'- that'll be the signs of MMO death. A darn shame, as RDR2 had so much potential.

Edited by jje1000

Mister Pinkerton
16 hours ago, TheExclusiveMan said:

It feels like this whole online was last minute and the story came first.

Yeah, like a good game, true to it's RDR core fanbase should. 

I don't know because I haven't dabbled in RDO yet. Maybe they just wanted people to finish the SP and/or weren't finished it. 

4eyedcoupe
8 hours ago, RaigeGames said:

I swear every time I load into this game it's raining. It's always raining. My personal favorite is when it rains for 10 minutes, stops raining for 2 minutes, then starts storming 

It rains every day in the desert for hours at a time...So much it should be a rain forest, not a desert 

The Blast

Hunt the Leader won't even start --- especially when it's a daily challenge. Six hours online roaming and not once was I able to launch it during the daily challenge.

Appalling.

Happy Hunter

Sometimes it's little things that get on my nerves. Like not being able to own a virtual LeMat right now.

I feel like I'm in a ship sinking, and the captain's just fallen asleep or drunk or something. Like, sh*t - everyone's throwing advice at them, pretty common sense stuff too. They're being given the information, not that they should need to be given it - and they're just going at a snail's pace, doing bizarre things instead like 100$ giveaways.

Like, what is going on? We need content, and big features like the editor (and invite only sessions). Oh, and the little things that are missing from single player, like card games and stuff. 100$ isn't going to turn the game around. Not 1000$ for that matter either.

BUT THE BENZ

well, R* COULD write a newswire entry starting to COMMUNICATE with their customers "again", telling us what's up right now and what's it gonna be in the future (that road ahead etc) ....but they chose not to talk to us, NO,.instead they troll us by giving us 100 $ and tell us they have stuff they're not ready to announce just yet...which is the equivalent to 12-years-old-youtube-kid behaviour trying to keep subscribers and getting likes, or whatthef*ckever is going on these days!