4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Ronin Ogami
9 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Killing a players horse should cost 1k. It's infuriating when it happens. Jk. But really, I hate players killing my horse. 

Thing is, when a griefer is pursuing me, sometimes taking out his ride buys me time to distance myself from unwanted drawn out combat. & My horse gets caught in the crossfire plenty. I think $4 is good. It only really adds up if some people are a bit too single minded to care.

Boozey St John
On 4/15/2019 at 7:06 AM, Ronin Ogami said:

Thing is, when a griefer is pursuing me, sometimes taking out his ride buys me time to distance myself from unwanted drawn out combat. & My horse gets caught in the crossfire plenty. I think $4 is good. It only really adds up if some people are a bit too single minded to care.

Sometimes horses get stuck in the crossfire. Collateral damage. 

On 4/15/2019 at 2:14 AM, -LN- said:

Just an FYI, but up until the early 20th century, stealing (especially) or killing someone else's horse often carried a larger penalty than murder in many cases. There were instances where suspects were often hanged outright without trial.

I don't think $4 is too much; R* seems to have missed this bit of history and just how seriously it was taken back then - especially in the old West, more rural areas, and even in the UK and other parts of Europe.

This probably applies everywhere; horses that are apart of the NYPD are considered officers. If you hit one or even THINK of murdering one, they're putting a needle in your arm. 

Even the horse carriages were banned because of the treatment of horses. A lot of those feckers received a hefty fine and the horses were rescued and now live happily upstate. (Or turned into glue.) 

Edited by Boozey St John
Clarification

TiberiusMcQueen

A $10-15 fine for killing horses would be fine imo. 

Daleificent

So a bit of an odd bitch and moan but hey,

I hate the ability cards for RDO. (I love them, actually, when everyone is packing maxed cards, the gun fight isn't about the first shot all the time.) But we need an option to turn them off or scale them for lower level players. I rode into town and I noticed a blue dot aiming a carbine repeater at me. I blazed past thinking I'll make it to the gun shop and as I dismounted I just waited, rationality saying, 'Maybe he was trying to emote.' then I died. Fool me once or whatever, so, guess I'll kill him just to get him back. So I did (as he was stowing my dead body on his horse) and a feud was offered. This could of been his intention, I don't really look at daily stuff just complete the ones I happen to have pop up so could of been for that, so I accepted.

I suddenly realized how utterly one-sided this can make some interactions with a casual gamer. Slow and Steady alone made that fight unwinnable for him, least for what he had. And I agree that he started it and well, this is what happens sometimes but damn. There is some major power gaps even with just two of the right cards. Let alone that I'm packing four now.

Why can't I at least specify the most basic of terms? 'Honest duels' rarely happened, but can't I try to be a gentleman at least? 'Hey, I'll be fair, no cards.' or free-aim only. I get that missions are locked in, I don't play Showdown pcp so I have no opinion there, but in free-roam pvp this seems kind of like a no brainer? I don't know. Make things more fair for new players just getting in, understanding the whole 'Meta' crap and card abilities can be overwhelming sometimes, auto-aim gets boring. Sometimes I want to shoot up a town with just classic revolvers in a multi posse shoot out. What the f*ck R*?

Boozey St John

Well,

It seems everyone has the "Make Boozey's Gun Jam" ability. Even though it's 100% clean!  

Lovely.

Edited by Boozey St John
Grammar

lewiz6235

Funny how the constant griefing in Free Roam, annoying as it may have been for me when hunting back then, is now becoming increasingly less of an issue now compared to the constant use of explosive ammo for Showdown matches that effectively makes it so any normal combat is nearly non-existent at this point.

Add in the borderline overpowered ability cards and, without a toggle for those sorts of matches where neither exists much like GTA Online deathmatches would allow, I suspect that the casual PvP crowd will be quick to diminish in the near future.

23 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

Looks like I've struck a nerve.

Truth hurts, Cowboy.

If you're gonna lie, at least stick to one. You grief, plain and simple. 

If it walks like a duck and looks like one... It's a SHEEP! 

By the way, it's MS. Boozey to you. 

Oh boy, where do we start here?

It's interesting that, though I strongly disagree with those defending Rockstar's insistence on pushing microtransactions out there as a means of the new gaming era of 'live services' and those griefing simply to feel powerful against those who want nothing to do with PvP, somehow I feel just the slightest bit of sympathy for both Micah and now SuperJude, wrong as they might be.

Arrogance, it's a funny one that. I've learnt that, since my early days of being a right *cunt* back then, it does pay to not lash out at others, however stupid, ignorant or irritating they may be, as it's much better to understand those you're trying to change. Evidently that philosophy is not something you agree with Boozey.

Now before you get at me, hear me out at least okay? I've pretty much supported just about everything you, and many others, have said time and time again here, except maybe for focusing less on PvP content as I do desire them to enable us to create our own showdowns some day with the RDO version of the Job Creator from GTA Online, however insulting others, no matter how 'true' it may be, just doesn't make you look that good. I have a funny feeling where we stand party-wise, but I will say no more on that front.

Indeed, you have the right to be an asshole to others, just as I have the right to call you out on it, that's how life works out for us. I only ask that you tell me why you seek to put people off that want to support you so? Or is that too much to ask for now?

Either way, love your passion for doing right, but keep it clean just like Jason would prefer it, cheers!

Star256272

I played the online for about 20 mins and got bored the single player is what I played, I’ve completed it a few times now if they add more stuff to do in the online then I’ll probably play it again rockstar is a lot better, at single player than the online 

yeezy203
1 hour ago, Boozey St John said:

Well,

It seems everyone has the "Make Boozey's Gun Jam" ability. Even though it's 100% clean!  

Lovely.

Played a lot of Showdown this weekend just to level up faster. I have no idea how anyone finds PVP in this game fun. The mechanics are so broken and frustrating it just feels like a battle 100% based on internet speed (I'm wired and not slow at all) or some unknown factor. I would say at least half the time the game responds differently than how I wanted. I go to take cover here, I end up taking cover somewhere else that leaves me wide open for headshot. I chase person down, line up a shot, gun just doesn't fire and I get killed. See a person at the same time they see me. I shoot slugs right at their chest, I die, they run off unharmed. This just happens over and over again every match. You all already know about the spawning so no reason to even start that rant. Got my level 60 and back to freeroam. Great way to rank up but as far as fun I think I'd rather play pac man or tetris.

ThaBirdCoot

Notre dame of Paris is burning down holy sh*t I am so mad right now. Can't even bitch about red dead and some carcasses despawning in my feet..

Assblaster
12 minutes ago, yeezy203 said:

Played a lot of Showdown this weekend just to level up faster. I have no idea how anyone finds PVP in this game fun. The mechanics are so broken and frustrating it just feels like a battle 100% based on internet speed (I'm wired and not slow at all) or some unknown factor. I would say at least half the time the game responds differently than how I wanted. I go to take cover here, I end up taking cover somewhere else that leaves me wide open for headshot. I chase person down, line up a shot, gun just doesn't fire and I get killed. See a person at the same time they see me. I shoot slugs right at their chest, I die, they run off unharmed. This just happens over and over again every match. You all already know about the spawning so no reason to even start that rant. Got my level 60 and back to freeroam. Great way to rank up but as far as fun I think I'd rather play pac man or tetris.

I don't like the pvp cuz I can't play the modes I like. In order to play 'em I also have to play the ones I can't stand cuz they're lumped together in a series instead of separate modes. I kinda like Gun Rush sometimes but it doesn't give much gold and xp.

Oh and those damn pink sashes and funny hats. Damn I hate wearing that crap lol.

Hetraet
25 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Notre dame of Paris is burning down holy sh*t I am so mad right now. Can't even bitch about red dead and some carcasses despawning in my feet..

wut

ThaBirdCoot
4 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

wut

vZecHZv.jpg

That

Assblaster
Just now, ThaBirdCoot said:

vZecHZv.jpg

That

Terrible loss. Historical masterpiece gone.

Hetraet
1 minute ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

vZecHZv.jpg

That

Oh sh*t... didn't even get a chance to see it irl. 

ThaBirdCoot
Just now, Assblaster said:

Terrible loss. Historical masterpiece gone.

900 years of history. It means a lot to us French above having anything to do with religion, it is an iconic piece of history in our country

Boozey St John
1 hour ago, lewiz6235 said:

Funny how the constant griefing in Free Roam, annoying as it may have been for me when hunting back then, is now becoming increasingly less of an issue now compared to the constant use of explosive ammo for Showdown matches that effectively makes it so any normal combat is nearly non-existent at this point.

Add in the borderline overpowered ability cards and, without a toggle for those sorts of matches where neither exists much like GTA Online deathmatches would allow, I suspect that the casual PvP crowd will be quick to diminish in the near future.

Oh boy, where do we start here?

It's interesting that, though I strongly disagree with those defending Rockstar's insistence on pushing microtransactions out there as a means of the new gaming era of 'live services' and those griefing simply to feel powerful against those who want nothing to do with PvP, somehow I feel just the slightest bit of sympathy for both Micah and now SuperJude, wrong as they might be.

Arrogance, it's a funny one that. I've learnt that, since my early days of being a right *cunt* back then, it does pay to not lash out at others, however stupid, ignorant or irritating they may be, as it's much better to understand those you're trying to change. Evidently that philosophy is not something you agree with Boozey.

Now before you get at me, hear me out at least okay? I've pretty much supported just about everything you, and many others, have said time and time again here, except maybe for focusing less on PvP content as I do desire them to enable us to create our own showdowns some day with the RDO version of the Job Creator from GTA Online, however insulting others, no matter how 'true' it may be, just doesn't make you look that good. I have a funny feeling where we stand party-wise, but I will say no more on that front.

Indeed, you have the right to be an asshole to others, just as I have the right to call you out on it, that's how life works out for us. I only ask that you tell me why you seek to put people off that want to support you so? Or is that too much to ask for now?

Either way, love your passion for doing right, but keep it clean just like Jason would prefer it, cheers!

What can I say? I'm headstrong and if it puts you off, well then, that's your business.  

Tbh, I'm pissy because I'm on the receiving end of people like him and quite frankly I'm fed up with it. 

You've probably read his posts way back when, lashing out only happens when people are constantly rude and persistent with their rudeness. 

Maybe, I'm just an entitled millennial? 

Edited by Boozey St John
Hmmm

Boozey St John
27 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

vZecHZv.jpg

That

f*ck, that hurts even looking at it. :(

Would restoration even be possible?

Edited by Boozey St John
Asking

El Diablo 702
23 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

f*ck, that hurts even looking at it. :(

Would restoration even be possible?

The tragic thing is it was being restored.  It can b fixed but it’s never going to b the same.  

Boozey St John
1 minute ago, El Diablo 702 said:

The tragic thing is it was being restored.  It can b fixed but it’s never going to b the same.  

Skynews just reported that the next thirty minutes are crucial for the building. It's essentially a race against time. 

ThaBirdCoot
2 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

Skynews just reported that the next thirty minutes are crucial for the building. It's essentially a race against time. 

French firefighters claim if support don't come quick the whole structure will most likely be condemed. They do not have the right equipment available atm. The cranes they are using aren't tall enough max reach is 30 meters

Boozey St John
16 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

French firefighters claim if support don't come quick the whole structure will most likely be condemed. They do not have the right equipment available atm. The cranes they are using aren't tall enough max reach is 30 meters

That is absolutely heartbreaking.

I can't imagine the amount of pressure  the engineers and the French firefighters are under at the moment. 

Edit: Just reported that all paintings have been removed, however, "it hasn't been checked out individually."

Also, 16 statues had been removed a few weeks prior due to the restoration. 

Edited by Boozey St John
Still watching

El Diablo 702

Hearing that the firefighters don’t have the proper equipment isn’t just heartbreaking it’s infuriating.  That’s something a city the size of Paris shouldn’t skimp on 

ThaBirdCoot
3 minutes ago, El Diablo 702 said:

Hearing that the firefighters don’t have the proper equipment isn’t just heartbreaking it’s infuriating.  That’s something a city the size of Paris shouldn’t skimp on 

Always the same here, terrible has to happen first before something changes.

DarkReign27
4 hours ago, Daleificent said:

So a bit of an odd bitch and moan but hey,

I hate the ability cards for RDO. (I love them, actually, when everyone is packing maxed cards, the gun fight isn't about the first shot all the time.) But we need an option to turn them off or scale them for lower level players. I rode into town and I noticed a blue dot aiming a carbine repeater at me. I blazed past thinking I'll make it to the gun shop and as I dismounted I just waited, rationality saying, 'Maybe he was trying to emote.' then I died. Fool me once or whatever, so, guess I'll kill him just to get him back. So I did (as he was stowing my dead body on his horse) and a feud was offered. This could of been his intention, I don't really look at daily stuff just complete the ones I happen to have pop up so could of been for that, so I accepted.

I suddenly realized how utterly one-sided this can make some interactions with a casual gamer. Slow and Steady alone made that fight unwinnable for him, least for what he had. And I agree that he started it and well, this is what happens sometimes but damn. There is some major power gaps even with just two of the right cards. Let alone that I'm packing four now.

Why can't I at least specify the most basic of terms? 'Honest duels' rarely happened, but can't I try to be a gentleman at least? 'Hey, I'll be fair, no cards.' or free-aim only. I get that missions are locked in, I don't play Showdown pcp so I have no opinion there, but in free-roam pvp this seems kind of like a no brainer? I don't know. Make things more fair for new players just getting in, understanding the whole 'Meta' crap and card abilities can be overwhelming sometimes, auto-aim gets boring. Sometimes I want to shoot up a town with just classic revolvers in a multi posse shoot out. What the f*ck R*?

I dont even bother with high rankers I look at their full cards they're way above and beyond I can't even get anywhere or stay interested. One guy smoked us 3 noobs in seconds with double sawed offs so far way with dead eye I died instantly.

Also the bounties just interupt everything it's worse to fight back so I don't bother after they stalk me and follow my friends and I around. I just go bye bye I'm sure they're bored tho pretty crappy high players just hang around killing new players in towns yay? Some have said they have good experiences, I haven't had any never have shot first can't get myelf to do it even surrounded by killers.

Jason

me right now

giphy.gif

BGM01

How many things has gone wrong... Imagine modern trailer for RDO: (Length 0.31) R* wanted to make some money, and limit players experience until they donate money, and those who donate more - wins in the game.

Before: player with golden weapons - truly challenger.
Today: player with golden weapons - casual who wasted parents money (around 15 USD per gun)

Edited by BGM01

Mad-Monkey_1st
9 hours ago, El Diablo 702 said:

And very much worldwide with ever increasing cutbacks. Sad day for Paris 

tonko
13 hours ago, Daleificent said:

I don't play Showdown pcp so I have no opinion there, but in free-roam pvp this seems kind of like a no brainer? I don't know. Make things more fair for new players just getting in, understanding the whole 'Meta' crap and card abilities can be overwhelming sometimes, auto-aim gets boring. Sometimes I want to shoot up a town with just classic revolvers in a multi posse shoot out. What the f*ck R*?

Showdown is the same. Low levels can't do sh*t to high levels. Was fun at first but now it's boring being this much stronger. I'm 110 now, maxed cards, my skills are above average. Still when i meet low level guy in showdown, it becomes one sided fight.

12 hours ago, lewiz6235 said:

Explosive ammo in Showdowns is really ridiculous.

1 hour ago, BGM01 said:

How many things has gone wrong... Imagine modern trailer for RDO: (Length 0.31) R* wanted to make some money, and limit players experience until they donate money, and those who donate more - wins in the game.

Before: player with golden weapons - truly challenger.
Today: player with golden weapons - casual who wasted parents money (around 15 USD per gun)

Still remember the moment when i got golden weapons in RDR 1 multiplayer. Filled with pride. 

alex1055

Undead Nightmare II confirmed?

giphy.gif

ThaBirdCoot

Start stranger mission from Joe. Paid killing. Alright it launches. Ride to Pleasance, one target standing there not moving. The others aren't even visible, actually nowhere to be found. 🤷‍♂️