4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

YNNEL
9 minutes ago, hugh750 said:

r* removed spoils of war so we can't easily access it???

that's the one game mode i've gotten better at (and made about $1,100).ūüôĀ

Yea seems like it’s on rotation with the new race series

Shadowfennekin
9 hours ago, DrKrankenstein said:

same here, only seen dispatch rider once in two days. never been able to join fools gold or fishing challenge.

I see Fools Good all the damn time

Only ever seen one fishing challenge and I'm pretty much in Freeroam 24/7 when I play

Ronin Ogami
2 hours ago, hugh750 said:

r* removed spoils of war so we can't easily access it???

that's the one game mode i've gotten better at (and made about $1,100).ūüôĀ

My heart hurts. This was my very favorite PvP mode. Please R* let us choose our game modes !!

Slonitram

My reticule is red and the circle around it is fully shut. My shot on the enemy should 100% hit right? Nope, hits the wall behind their head. Right behind their head, as in, the area that their head was directly in front of.

Is this a latency issue or just a classic case of piss poor hit detection?

Pressure Drop

These drip-fed and so-called "updates" are so bad that from now on I will refuse to play the game on update day, I don't wish to look "excited" about the absolutely pitiful "content" being added. I watched a youtube video of the clothing and there is also NONE that I want. So this "update" added 1 new game mode...but NO NEW MAPS! THERE IS STILL ONLY ONE (1).......YES,  ONE..... map for TDM.

TDM is in the game but you can't select to join only TDM, and even if you could there would still only be ONE MAP (YES, ONE MAP) after FOUR MONTHS of the game being out. ONE MAP !

Jesus christy almighty, this is a god damn joke

-LN-

I want to like and enjoy this game, but honestly, I really cannot for some reason. Single player is incredible and the overall game visuals are impressive (sans the outfit clippings) but as far as the content and "updates" are concerned, it's just downright boring and frustrating. It's more of a chore trying to play with others as well, I can only stomach what's offered as a lone wolf and in very small doses. I played for the first time since January a few days ago and after I'd hunted/fished for a bit and got around to finding the treasures from the maps I'd almost forgotten about, I signed off, played something else, and haven't had any burning desire to even look at the new clothing, races or whatever sad excuse for new content that has been recently added.

I don't mind PvP; I enjoy deathmatches and the like in GTAO, but ffs, that's all that seems to be incorporated into this "Beta" besides racing, which is ruined by the PvP combat elements. Also, PvP as a whole just feels off in this game for some reason; what exists is simply not enjoyable and I don't know that removing ability cards would even change my feelings. You cannot even be arsed to fix the existing PvE game modes and that's just sad considering that GTAO never had a fraction of these issues. Wtf is the purpose of asking for feedback if you're just going to ignore what most people seem to want - dedicated lobby types, more PvE, mini-games like poker, dice, dominos, etc and the list goes on and on.

I've tried to approach this all with an open mind and not compare it to GTAO, but it's like they've taken all the worst of GTAO and said, "here ya go, you f*cking addicts, you actually think we read your suggestions? Well, the joke's on you! We know most of you will play regardless, so enjoy the drip-feed and bugs that'll never be fixed!"

I didn't play much of the original RDR's online segment, but from what I do recall, it was infinitely better than this in almost every regard. To say that I'm disappointed would be a huge understatement as I purchased the Ultimate Edition and feel as though I wasted my money when the standard edition would have likely been sufficient enough. I guess I'll have a look back in a couple of months and hope for the best, but I haven't any high hopes now - it's insulting and I hope this bites them right in the arse. Shameful, R*! Truly shameful! So much potential, but you're pretty much telling most of us to kindly f*ck off with this pathetic excuse for new content and the continued evolution, err, I mean devolution of this game, which will probably still be labelled as "beta" more than a year from now.

hugh750
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ronin Ogami said:

My heart hurts. This was my very favorite PvP mode. Please R* let us choose our game modes !!

it looks like r* removed spoils of war, and they added target racing (i tried it once and it sucks).

i did submit to their feed back page to please bring back spoils of war.

Edited by hugh750

Shadowfennekin
2 hours ago, Pressure Drop said:

These drip-fed and so-called "updates" are so bad that from now on I will refuse to play the game on update day, I don't wish to look "excited" about the absolutely pitiful "content" being added. I watched a youtube video of the clothing and there is also NONE that I want. So this "update" added 1 new game mode...but NO NEW MAPS! THERE IS STILL ONLY ONE (1).......YES,  ONE..... map for TDM.

TDM is in the game but you can't select to join only TDM, and even if you could there would still only be ONE MAP (YES, ONE MAP) after FOUR MONTHS of the game being out. ONE MAP !

Jesus christy almighty, this is a god damn joke

They're gonna do a new low and dripfeed the new strangers and missions one by one I feel.... :/

Also if Arthur ain't a Stranger, there's gonna be a riot!

rae_97
55 minutes ago, hugh750 said:

it looks like r* removed spoils of war, and they added target racing (i tried it once and it sucks).

i did submit to their feed back page to please bring back spoils of war.

For some dumb reason r* paired it with target races and didn't specify that's what they did. Two times now I've tried to join a target race and it's put me in spoils of war instead.

Mad-Monkey_1st
9 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Seriously? I got a clean kill on the three star Cougar next to the stream in Big Valley. And before I rode flat out to the butcher in Strawberry, it degraded into a one star carcass?

Happens on a lot of animals, also happens when you eue up your shot on a 3 star with the right weapon and a good head shot sometime they go 1 star, Im syer is programmed in by R* as it happens too often 

tonko
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, raysis said:

I just turned on to check the online menu and it seems like it’s gone! Only a couple horse race modes besides showdown series and gunrush. This is unacceptable!

So now one cant join only Spoils of War! What if we pay a gold bar? ūüėā

This is starting to get me more frustrated, why would rs force the one that wants to play it, to participate in a lot of crap before they finaly get to play ONE round Spoils of War?

Nerfgoth: u came out with the gold bars before me i see haha! It’s a good bad humor with this gold bars

I can't go back to Most Wanted. I just can't. Dammnit!!

4 hours ago, -LN- said:

I didn't play much of the original RDR's online segment, but from what I do recall, it was infinitely better than this in almost every regard. To say that I'm disappointed would be a huge understatement as I purchased the Ultimate Edition and feel as though I wasted my money when the standard edition would have likely been sufficient enough.

It was so good. Kinda had hope they would have just taken RDR's original online and refined it but that dream is gone now. 

Also to digress a little bit, I understand the Rockstar aspects of player creation, but man would it be cool to be able to also play as Charles or someone from the story. I can't stand my mute character. That's another thing where RDR1 surpasses RDR 2. . You also got to choose from all the story mode characters which was awesome. It was the best multiplayer experience I ever had.

Edited by tonko

Shadowfennekin

f*cking hell

I joined a friend's posse and he was doing mail, so I helped.

Second drop was right where another posse was camping the finish of theirs.... of course, the level 90 c*nt decided to spawn kill me so I couldn't escape to return the bag to Rhodes. For no good reason either. "They acted like they had skill too" Yeah, you have SB and the hat gets you extra headshot protec abilities..... such "skill" when 90% of your opponents can't even possibly buy those. What a f*cking bitch.

tonko
1 hour ago, Shadowfennekin said:

f*cking hell

I joined a friend's posse and he was doing mail, so I helped.

Second drop was right where another posse was camping the finish of theirs.... of course, the level 90 c*nt decided to spawn kill me so I couldn't escape to return the bag to Rhodes. For no good reason either. "They acted like they had skill too" Yeah, you have SB and the hat gets you extra headshot protec abilities..... such "skill" when 90% of your opponents can't even possibly buy those. What a f*cking bitch.

We're playing a game were having a card is considered skill. Sad times.

Coleco

Spoils of War removed from title screen, shoved in with other game modes - it was the only PvP in this game I've enjoyed so far and now the devs have killed it by shoving it in with other tedious modes I don't ever want to play again.

Yet Gun Rush is alive and well taking up two spaces on the same screen.

So instead of putting in several hours of RDO last night I played Final Fantasy VII. Well done R*, you're losing my attention to a 22 year old game I've already finished. 

hugh750

i gave target racing another chance, i'm getting better at it (i'm averaging 3rd place), but for some dumb reason if you crash into another player or bump into something you die.

DrKrankenstein
2 hours ago, Coleco said:

Spoils of War removed from title screen, shoved in with other game modes - it was the only PvP in this game I've enjoyed so far and now the devs have killed it by shoving it in with other tedious modes I don't ever want to play again.

Yet Gun Rush is alive and well taking up two spaces on the same screen.

So instead of putting in several hours of RDO last night I played Final Fantasy VII. Well done R*, you're losing my attention to a 22 year old game I've already finished. 

whenever i click the target races tab, the one with the laps, it puts me in spoils of war lol?

TheLunaticParade
Posted (edited)

Seen more and more of my Friends list delete or sell this game back to gamestop. (which we all know is pennys now) And i'm sure i'm not the only one that this is happening to. For a menagerie of different reasons: Shtty Drip fed content/No Addition of the continuation of the "story" we started upon tutorial/Only a hand full of tedious force yourself to play them ways of leveling up/ Level differentiation in lobbies being horrific as players who dropped the game a month after its release are returning to be met by level 230+ players 

All in all it may have won a GOTY but that was 100% for story mode.  

Edited by TheLunaticParade

Clickalot
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TheLunaticParade said:

Seen more and more of my Friends list delete or sell this game back to gamestop. (which we all know is pennys now) And i'm sure i'm not the only one that this is happening to. For a menagerie of different reasons: Shtty Drip fed content/No Addition of the continuation of the "story" we started upon tutorial/Only a hand full of tedious force yourself to play them ways of leveling up/ Level differentiation in lobbies being horrific as players who dropped the game a month after its release are returning to be met by level 230+ players 

Sad thing is ...it is happening

had a posse, brother and co workers

co workers were the first to leave (and yes they selled their hardcopy voor a decent buck) my brother ...sticked with me till Division2 (pffff if that was a better choice) 

so

from a full posse back to three and I am the active one

if I ask why....lack of content!?!??

well to be honest there is plenty to do

discovering

fishing

hunting

missions

help others with gunfight

get yourself out of a gunfight

just hanging around at the butcher and just watch people ‚Äúfly by‚ÄĚ (sometimes really funny)¬†

tonight I have my friend coming over

but reallyi hope he’s gone in a second

i am addicted to this game more then my grandpa loved his booze 

i dont want to start my story (yet) i have get my daily dosis RDO ūü§™

Edited by Clickalot

rusbeckia
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, TheLunaticParade said:

While I acknowledge you‚Äėre criticism, I think it‚Äės kinda funny to say that it‚Äės the games fault that people come back online after 4(?) months and meet players level 200+?¬†

I mean what? All legitimate criticism put aside... but you‚Äėre joking here right?¬†

There definitely are people who¬†put a lot of effort in leveling and are playing on a regular basis. Adding to that, it‚Äės mostly low-levels who try to grief you from behind for no reason. High level players mostly mind their own businesses, except someone tries to interrupt them.

Differentiating lobbies into PvE/PvP, Freeaim/Autoaim is fine with me, but splitting up low and high level players...? 

Helping out starters and noobies with leveling up is about the only thing me¬†and my friends¬†are doing in this state it‚Äės in.

from my experience of chats with other players the most annoying thing for most of them are the disconnects (which got better again fortunately) and the stranger missions not working anyway... much rather than lack of content.

Edited by rusbeckia

SuperJude‚ĄĘ

AFK in Story Missions is getting fairly ridiculous. I'm seeing this more and more these days. I guess why not, you can be lazy put the controller down go make food and check your phone while everyone does the work for you and you profit.

It sucks though.

Sammionna

If I perform well in a showdown, people vote to kick me. If I underperform, people still vote to kick me.

This playerbase is f*cking cancer. I wish the game would tell you who is voting to kick so I can single them out and make their life hell in the next match.

TheLunaticParade
Posted (edited)

No i wasn't joking. Do i believe every high level is a toxic player....NO (You remarked yourself that you and your friends help people level and i give props for that and thank you for it). Do i think that every single high level has legitimately grinded out their level....NO. So speaking poorly on the high levels that DO grief low level players because they know they have maxed out ability cards. As for the comment of splitting up lobbies for high and low players...Never had that notion. Was merely stating that it can be daunting to return and feel severely under-leveled thus giving most people the feeling of disadvantaged. Now i know you'll say "its those peoples fault for leaving" In a slight sense yes, But when a game takes 3 fking months to release some drip feed...People WILL leave. "Chats with other players..." Well people who are still playing aren't going to have the same reasoning's as players who deleted or dropped the game. The items i listed are reasons i was told from people on my friends list as well as people in the party chat who are on their friends list as well. This criticism spawned off a party chat debate we were having the other night. 

Edited by TheLunaticParade

Rafae S

This game's pvp is beyond f*cked.

-LN-
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rafae S said:

This game's pvp is beyond f*cked.

Agreed, but I also forgot to mention that the posse system is perhaps even more f*cked. It's bad enough the icon colours do not indicate friends, but they've also neglected to implement the friendly fire on/off option for people on your friends list and members of your crew on SC; in fact, the whole crew feature from SC is not even extended at all to RDRO from what I can tell and that's pretty disappointing itself!

However, going back to the posse system as it currently stands, when I last played the game I did not create or join a posse at the beginning of my session. I played strictly solo and honestly didn't have many problems with bugs. It wasn't exactly what I would call fun and certainly not something I could do each and every day, but I figured I'd give it a fair chance. A couple of hours into my session, a friend of mine shows up and we form a posse so that we don't accidentally kill each other - then all of the bugs started rising to the surface: horse bonding level resets, stranger missions not loading, his ability to not be able to sell certain items to the butcher, Cripps f*cking up our camp location, and then of course, he eventually gets disconnected with a horse full of pelts and leaves to go and play another game out of frustration. I did the same; it's such a broken mess and honestly, if I wanted to spend my time doing nothing but exploring, hunting, fishing, etc, I would do all of that in SP, which is without a doubt, far more interesting and engaging than anything MP currently has to offer.

If I can be arsed to even load up and play the game and I see any sort of dot - regardless of the colour, I will take off in the opposite direction until the mini-map is blank (aside from the always visible red dots) because honestly, I just can't be bothered to deal with anyone else's bullsh*t or even their mere presence whilst attempting to play this game. For example: at one point the other day when I decided to try fishing, some random shows up, stands a few metres away from me and starts fishing as well. Yea, ok, that's a good sign, right? We both carry on for 10 minutes or so, then bang - he shoots me in the back of the head and immediately leaves the lobby. I mean, seriously, wtf is wrong with these people?

Despite the similar toxic playerbase as GTAO, this game has actually made me appreciate GTAO far more than I ever realized. At least in GTAO, it's far easier to avoid such players and the content is far more varied and interesting, even after over five years! I understand that RDRO is "new" and still in "beta", but my god, despite some of its flaws, it didn't take GTAO anywhere near this long to become at least interesting and actually fun to play.

Edited by -LN-

Rafae S

The existence of ability cards is the most ass backwards thing I've ever seen in an online game. And then there's explosive ammo, lassoing and so on and so forth. For f*cks sake. At least have some sort of balance present.

YNNEL

It’s so annoying that I can’t just join spoils of war!!!!!

Ronin Ogami
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YNNEL said:

It’s so annoying that I can’t just join spoils of war!!!!!

OMFG, NINE. NINE tries, & nine times I get stuck in the stupid target races lobby. F*** U,  R* 

No, I can't access Spoils AT ALL.  Great Work R*. I'm now contemplating going back to DCUO. 

Edited by Ronin Ogami

Pocket Fox
6 hours ago, SuperJude‚ĄĘ said:

AFK in Story Missions is getting fairly ridiculous. I'm seeing this more and more these days. I guess why not, you can be lazy put the controller down go make food and check your phone while everyone does the work for you and you profit.

It sucks though.

I had this in a 2 person game, so myself and the AFK'er.

I just kept killing AI enemies, then killing myself to restart the mission. I was getting XP, he was getting nothing. When he finally came back I just quit as I had replayed the mission like 12 times so even if I finished it, it woulda been 50xp and 2 dollars.

Failed Again

She's My Game! She's my Gawd damn  Game!!

You've got to do something!!

RS

you know that's beyond my jurisdiction.

Pocket Fox
21 minutes ago, Failed Again said:

She's My Game! She's my Gawd damn  Game!!

You've got to do something!!

RS

you know that's beyond my jurisdiction.

I laughed harder than I should have¬†ūü§£