3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Shadowfennekin

Why are all the high levels such f*cking c*nts in this game?
In GTA the high levels are usually the most friendliest bunch you can find, excluding the usual XXXXXX *insert other tryhard names* suspects

Also if you don't want people joining your posse please for the love of god just make it private -_-

Especially insulting when some c*nt tries ruining your job with his posse, you finish and see his posse has an opening and they were doing missions earlier so I figured joining up with them would benefit us all. Nope lol Kicked

Joined somebody else's in another session, kicked..... you do know having three people is more beneficial than two? Even four instead of three as those mail jobs can be quite time consuming 

Frykill
1 hour ago, Shadowfennekin said:

In GTA the high levels are usually the most friendliest bunch you can find, excluding the usual XXXXXX *insert other tryhard names* suspects

Also if you don't want people joining your posse please for the love of god just make it private -_-

Especially insulting when some c*nt tries ruining your job with his posse, you finish and see his posse has an opening and they were doing missions earlier so I figured joining up with them would benefit us all. Nope lol Kicked

Joined somebody else's in another session, kicked..... you do know having three people is more beneficial than two? Even four instead of three as those mail jobs can be quite time consuming 

I'm a 103.  Not the highest.  I do however have the highest honor and no bounty.  If you see me, I will leave you alone, be cool, perhaps donate an animal carcass or pelt, but draw on me, I'll drop you like a sack of dirt.  Not all high levels are jerks.  

Shadowfennekin
Posted (edited)

I know the Trapper is pretty much useless in Online as they gave the Tailor his clothing

But I do hope they add him in so the upper right area of the map actually has a place to sell sh*t....

And they could do with adding something in the middle of New Austin too, in between Blackwater and Tumbleweed. Quite a long ass journey, which is exactly why I never go there apart from visiting Bonnie every now and then. Characters actually from SP get priority over sh*tty OCs like the Kid or minor characters like the blind granny. Shaky, Bonnie, Sean, and Trelawney are my favs... hope Irish or Nigel Westdickens is coming in the upcoming update

Edited by Shadowfennekin

Mad-Monkey_1st
2 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

level 141 highest honor and friendly here so are all my friends all over the 100 mark, The main greifers are the low level wannabees that shoot everyone on site 

Happy Hunter

Another bugged treasure. Ugh. Gonna have to get back on the support site again.

Same location as the last one too. I think it's that place, just doesn't work. You see the bar a little, it flickers in and out of visibility. Can't pick it up though. And your map is basically just pissed away.

Foxwolfe

Which location is that exactly? And do you mean a specific spawn point at a location, or just any chest spawn point within that maps particular area?

Happy Hunter
4 minutes ago, Foxwolfe said:

Which location is that exactly? And do you mean a specific spawn point at a location, or just any chest spawn point within that maps particular area?

Twice I've been told to go to cattail pond (or whatever it's called). The chest is above the entrance to a tunnel. Both times it didn't work properly. Will get a video of it, maybe a thread as well. Hopefully they patch it.

In the mean time, if you get a map that says cattail pond, that's probably bad news.

Foxwolfe

Actually out of the 3 maps I've gotten there the last one was at that exact location, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with it, maybe it's a recent thing as I picked my treasure up no problems.

Either way might be a good idea to just hold onto any cattail pond maps for the moment like you said just in case.

Shadowfennekin

"Kill two players in one explosion"

*does that*

Not completed :/

Boozey St John
Posted (edited)

Whenever I play story missions with my great new friend, @raysis, we never have a problem and we make good money and xp.

Yesterday I played with two other people that weren't him... We did the Teddy Brown mission, had the timer run for about 40 mins before starting the mission...

Teddy brown comes out and my (two) teammates die and they restarted the checkpoint... When we finished I got $1.49 and 5xp... 

@raysis and I did by ourselves later on and we made 50+ bucks and 775xp. 

I told those little assholes not to run in like Rambo too! 

Edited by Boozey St John
Thank you GTAF because I met a new friend!

Cratoz

So I just completed the "Selling Herbs" Awards 10 times. Pretty astonished that you don't get gold for completing X because you can't reset it.

I thought it would give some extra gold, nope, nothing. You also only get the 500XP.

At least 1 gold and... maybe 2000EXP for fully completing an award, but that would probably be asking for too much.

Stupidis

R* really has killed the hunting part of online. Don't think I exaggerate if I say that there's about 70 or 80 percent less animals than before and that they spawn way less frequently. Sad.

Boozey St John
12 minutes ago, Stupidis said:

R* really has killed the hunting part of online. Don't think I exaggerate if I say that there's about 70 or 80 percent less animals than before and that they spawn way less frequently. Sad.

And if they are there, very hard to find 3stars. 

Frykill
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stupidis said:

Yeah they did.  I spent 4 hours around the San Denis area.  Pretty lifeless.  I remember gators spawning while I was riding my horse through.  Birds consistantly flying over head, even fish spawned regularly.  R* really knows how to rain on parades.  I believe R* has removed the panther spawn in La Gras as well.  I dont know what they are thinking.  Yet again daily challenges involve griefing other players. Here's an idea R*, limit your asshole kill player challenges to showdown or one of your other moronic PVP modes that no one asked for.  I'd love to beat them with a rubber hose.  

Edited by Frykill

Mad-Monkey_1st
20 minutes ago, Frykill said:

Yeah they did.  I spent 4 hours around the San Denis area.  Pretty lifeless.  I remember gators spawning while I was riding my horse through.  Birds consistantly flying over head, even fish spawned regularly.  R* really knows how to rain on parades.  I believe R* has removed the panther spawn in La Gras as well.  I dont know what they are thinking.  Yet again daily challenges involve griefing other players. Here's an idea R*, limit your asshole kill player challenges to showdown or one of your other moronic PVP modes that no one asked for.  I'd love to beat them with a rubber hose.  

yes R* are like big kids " your not playing with my ball"  They dont realize how stupid there reputation has become they are the laughing stock of the gaming world now and they respond with tricks like this, So very childish they are 

Stupidis
2 hours ago, Frykill said:

1 hour ago, GTP_Monkey said:

yes R* are like big kids " your not playing with my ball"  They dont realize how stupid there reputation has become they are the laughing stock of the gaming world now and they respond with tricks like this, So very childish they are 

It's sad really. They make great single player games but manage to screw up the online versions. 

Nerfgoth
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Frykill said:

Didn´t they up the player count in freemode?

Doing story missions and hunting in them and it works fine so I think its the connectivity and how R* have setup multiplayer! More players in a session less animals will spawn!

Edited by Nerfgoth
Stuff needed to be added

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Didn´t they up the player count in freemode?

Doing story missions and hunting in them and it works fine so I think its the connectivity and how R* have setup multiplayer! More players in a session less animals will spawn!

No they didnt up the player levels just the counter at bottom of the panel gone up from 32 to anything upto 45 but ive yet to see more than 25 in one lobby. 

Game would freeze up at 45 players lol sh*t half the stuff dont work with 20 players in loby add more and the horse cores bug appears the black cores bug appears strangers all grey out at 25 players Its a f*cking joke

All that happened when this changed was far lees animal spawns at Bluewater marsh and loads of trains started spawning at Rhodes one every 5 mins but thats stopped now Oh and if your in a lobby for a long time chances are you will see far less animals as the time in lobby goes on, I find changing sessions every 45 mins is good for hunting but i do a 45 min hunt around a large area then switch 

Edited by GTP_Monkey

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

I find changing sessions every 45 mins is good for hunting but i do a 45 min hunt around a large area then switch

I've started doing something similar. I'll hunt for around an hour then switch lobby after selling at the butcher.

I actually forgot today, I was really into the game, was well into my third hunt, so maybe 2.5 hours in the same lobby, I was up near Colter, heavily loaded with pelts, saw a 3* Buck, headshot, it respawned from it's dead corpse, killed the new Buck, and then a third. Thought I'd benefited from the game essentially being sh*t for once, no, put one Buck on my horse whole, started skinning the second, didn't even lose connection, hard, unresponsive console crash.

It was fine, pulled the plug, turned the PS4 back on, no harm done, but I won't be spending that long in one lobby again.

Also, as you said elsewhere in your post, lobbies start to go to sh*t once you get above 20 players and are barely worth being in at 25 players.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Nerfgoth
3 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

No they didnt up the player levels just the counter at bootom of the panel gone up from 32 to anything upto 45 but ive yet to see more than 25 in one lobby. 

Game would freeze up at 45 players lol sh*t half the stuff dont work with 20 players in loby add more and the horse cores bug appears the black cores bug appears strangers all grey out at 25 players Its a f*cking joke

All that happened when this changed was far lees animal spawns at Bluewater marsh and loads of trains started spawning at Rhodes one every 5 mins but thats stopped now Oh and if your in a lobby for a long time chances are you will see far less animals as the time in lobby goes on, I find changing sessions every 45 mins is good for hunting but i do a 45 min hunt around a large area then switch 

So they prept the lobby for 45 players no wonder freemode is garbage right now!

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

So they prept the lobby for 45 players no wonder freemode is garbage right now!

Maybe. 

I'm not sure the combination of RAGE, P2P and current gen consoles could handle a game like RDO actually having 45 players in a lobby.

Maybe it's something R* have done with the jump to next gen in mind, when it arrives, and we aren't meant to be able to see it? IDK.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

raysis
4 hours ago, Boozey St John said:

Whenever I play story missions with my great new friend, @raysis, we never have a problem and we make good money and xp.

Yesterday I played with two other people that weren't him... We did the Teddy Brown mission, had the timer run for about 40 mins before starting the mission...

Teddy brown comes out and my (two) teammates die and they restarted the checkpoint... When we finished I got $1.49 and 5xp... 

@raysis and I did by ourselves later on and we made 50+ bucks and 775xp. 

I told those little assholes not to run in like Rambo too! 

Haha! Yes it was a nice mission to grind.

So they fail and you get the loss, where is the logic in that?

Come on, 1.49$ and 5xp?? Ridiculous.

So it means that we need to leave if someone fail....

The rambo playstyle sounds like you got the same type of players that join the different missions in gta 😂

Nerfgoth
19 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Maybe. 

I'm not sure the combination of RAGE, P2P and current gen consoles could handle a game like RDO actually having 45 players in a lobby.

Maybe it's something R* have done with a jump to next gen in mind, when it arrives, and we aren't meant to be able to see it? IDK.

Never liked the P2P system in GTA:O and RDR2:O! Its just makes a buggy mess and creates problem! Playing on a pro and online feels so lackluster compered when I played the story!

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, raysis said:

So it means that we need to leave if someone fail....

That's what I do. No point replaying the final checkpoint for practically no payout.

2 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Never liked the P2P system in GTA:O and RDR2:O! Its just makes a buggy mess and creates problem! Playing on a pro and online feels so lackluster compered when I played the story!

I struggled to justify GTAO being P2P, but, 2013, R* treading on new ground...whatever, I guess.

There's no excuse for RDO not having dedicated servers. Not a single excuse.

I'm also playing on a Pro, and as you say, compared to SP, online is lackluster.

It won't be  a popular opinion, but a smaller lobby size would help ease many of the problems we all encounter.

Boozey St John

Daily challenge:

Join large showdown... Done.

(Get my ass handed to me as soon as I spawn.) Rage quit and check my challenges-- didn't count. 

f*ck you and your showdowns Rockstar. 

Rafae S
4 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

Daily challenge:

Join large showdown... Done.

(Get my ass handed to me as soon as I spawn.) Rage quit and check my challenges-- didn't count. 

f*ck you and your showdowns Rockstar. 

Wait until you can actually control your player in the match and then quit, not at the lobby screen.

Boozey St John
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

Wait until you can actually control your player in the match and then quit, not at the lobby screen.

I was in the mission, got a few shots, then got slaughtered. 

f*cking game threw into the middle of a match!

Edited by Boozey St John
Ooh, Rockstar... You know how to push my buttons.

Foxwolfe
40 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

It won't be  a popular opinion, but a smaller lobby size would help ease many of the problems we all encounter.

I hate to say it but I'm not seeing most of what you guys are talking about when it comes to the low wildlife and constant disconnections, with that said I do hope things get ironed out sooner than later and that you guys are able to get at least the same experience I'm getting or better.

And yes, if we're bringing up the P2P system it does suck and I hate that with all the f*cking money they're making off these games they still can't be assed to provide the player base with a better experience.

Frykill

I swear R* removed Panthers and Cougars.  I haven't seen a single one since the update.  I dont get it.