Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

Recommended Posts

The Holy Diver

when you can alter the pitch of your whistle but can’t select a voice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut

When jobs pay an average of $1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayD70
2 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

When jobs pay an average of $1

And oat cakes cost 4 missions.grrrr

 

Your horse comes when you whistle... eventually. Slow AF. You can outrun your horse when he's coming to you.

 

Camps despawn and the only way to get them back is to pay to pitch a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theEwing1979

Not being able to pop up a camp wherever you like. 

 

Poor payouts. 

 

Towns are war zones. 

 

The whole thing just seems like a buggy auto aim run and gun free for all. 

 

Not sure what the point of the stores are when so much can just be ordered from a catalogue and delivered to your camp. 

 

Bow and rod are level locked. 

 

Edited by theEwing1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut
Just now, RayD70 said:

 

 

Camps despawn and the only way to get them back is to pay to pitch a new one.

In my experience they just move?

Not doubting you,just haven't had them despawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud
1 minute ago, RayD70 said:

Your horse comes when you whistle... eventually. Slow AF. You can outrun your horse when he's coming to you

Whistle multiple times. They have 5 levels of running speed when you whistle for them. 

 

This is a story mode feature that likely made it into Online as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedinhuh

It's GTA:O all over again, even with the crap payouts, horse insurance and mute characters...

 

R* doesn't f*cking learn, so screw it, I'm not giving them the satisfaction of playing this sh*tshow once it's available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ Pretty much; and Fun2 was right about lassos being a griefing tool in-game.

 

Already seen an example of that happening on a live stream.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut
2 hours ago, The Holy Diver said:

when you can alter the pitch of your whistle but can’t select a voice 

Could this become a full blown Bitch and Moan thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Holy Diver
Just now, Rykjeklut said:

Could this become a full blown Bitch and Moan thread?

It would be an honor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watain
On 11/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, Rykjeklut said:

Could this become a full blown Bitch and Moan thread?

Let me be one of the first to make that happen:

 

So far RDO is most unsatisfactory. It's bad. The way I see it, R* needs to basically revamp the entire online portion. If this is gonna be "it", then I'm gonna be a hard pass.

 

Edit: Some of my main concerns...

 

  • Forced PvP sessions only. War zones galore!
     
  • Running full speed looks like a glitching Duracell bunny.
     
  • Very low payouts, expensive everything. Half of the stuff locked behind gold bars (MTX).
     
  • The concerning return of those "beloved" adversary modes. Really R*, that's your focus this time as well? PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP......
     
  • You can't "lock" your horse permanently. Every time you join a new session, your horse settings get reset back to default (everyone can ride your horse).

 

It looks like Herr Strauss [Zelnick] came back to collect our money off of us once more... What a dull pay-fest!

 

Edited by Watain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FelixTheBarber20

some of the beards such as the preachers beard are completley see through in the sunlight and look ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayD70
33 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Whistle multiple times. They have 5 levels of running speed when you whistle for them. 

 

This is a story mode feature that likely made it into Online as well.

Yeah. I know. And no. It didn't work that way this morning. Maybe buggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicMan05

I "Sold" the free horse to make room for the Ultimate Edition Horse... Only to learn it's 5 Gold Bars to insure the new horse. WTF is this R*? Premium Currency only for horse insurance! Had I known that I would have kept that free insured horse. 

 

That was one one thing I liked about GTA:Online. No seperate premium currency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayD70
35 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

In my experience they just move?

Not doubting you,just haven't had them despawn.

It was on the map, but nonexistent in the real world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayD70

I'd be happy if we could trim their length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut
2 minutes ago, RayD70 said:

It was on the map, but nonexistent in the real world.

What the f*ck... I'm not surprised. BUT it could just be a beta-bug. I doubt it, but it could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jje1000

Towns and roads feel empty throughout the day as it looks like the pedestrian and wagon/horse count has been dropped. Trains seem rare to come by.

 

Most of the gambling games have been removed, and the towns feel less interactive. Quest-givers are talking to a blank wall of a character yet again.

 

I was really hoping that Online could be my continuation of free-roam after the epilogue.

 

Edited by jje1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

So the newswire says microtransactions can be used to buy gold bars that can be used for cosmetics. But based on the complaints here gold bars are necessary for non cosmetics as well.  Are they straight up lying to our face? 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Next-Gen Vercettis
56 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

Could this become a full blown Bitch and Moan thread?

@The Holy Diver

 

Is it possible to change title and make this the official b&m thread? 

It's always easy to spot on GTA side, maybe it's the * in the title. 

Edited by Next-Gen Vercettis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Holy Diver
3 minutes ago, jje1000 said:

Towns and roads feel empty throughout the day as it looks like the pedestrian and wagon/horse count has been dropped. Trains seem rare to come by.

 

Most of the gambling games have been removed, and the towns feel less interactive. Quest-givers are talking to a blank wall of a character yet again.

 

I was really hoping that Online could be my continuation of free-roam after the epilogue.

 

I still have hope for it. Rockstar is relying on fan input. We’re inclined to tell them what we want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azaan60

The Posse system is complete f*cking garbage. 

 

Your GTA Online and Max Payne 3 crews don't carry over. Instead you have to create a Posse, which can only have a max of 7 people and disbands when you leave the lobby. 

 

Unless you pay $200 f*cking dollars to make it a permanent Posse, where the max amount of players is still 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
District 8

Level locked clothing is annoying, everyone dresses the same at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Still can't play. Been a solid half day now and still R* services unavailable!

18 minutes ago, jje1000 said:

Most of the gambling games have been removed...

No poker? Noooo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExtinctShadow

How do i buy gold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

Copied most of my post from another thread.

 

The payouts are laughably small. Grind fest by design.

 

Dual currency. Gold is earned at a ridiculously slow rate. Completely geared towards buying gold with real money.

 

Some items are priced way too high. Might be an artificial way to balance the beta, but still.

 

No lobby options, at all. 100% public only.

 

Free aim and auto aim players in the same lobby. WTF.

 

Character creator is a bunch of body type presets, preset head and face features plus some complexion options. I still prefer it to the ancestors GTAO system, but it isn't nearly comprehensive enough.

 

Griefing/killing other players seems to have little deterrent, if any at all. Players running around towns in huge gunfights with no police presence that I can see. I got killed in Valentine, near the stable, I killed the guy 3 times, then got killed again. No wanted, no bounty, nothing. this was all on and around the main Street.

 

The lasso, haven't seen it first hand, but from the video I watched on YouTube it looks like a complete nightmare.

1 minute ago, ExtinctShadow said:

How do i buy gold?

The online store is closed for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boozey St John
19 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

So the newswire says microtransactions can be used to buy gold bars that can be used for cosmetics. But based on the complaints here gold bars are necessary for non cosmetics as well.  Are they straight up lying to our face? 

YES

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Just now, Boozey St James said:

YES

 

M'kay then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
icefds
2 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Copied most of my post from another thread.

 

The payouts are laughably small. Grind fest by design.

 

Dual currency. Gold is earned at a ridiculously slow rate. Completely geared towards buying gold with real money.

 

Some items are priced way too high. Might be an artificial way to balance the beta, but still.

 

No lobby options, at all. 100% public only.

 

Free aim and auto aim players in the same lobby. WTF.

 

Character creator is a bunch of body type presets, preset head and face features plus some complexion options. I still prefer it to the ancestors GTAO system, but it isn't nearly comprehensive enough.

 

Griefing/killing other players seems to have little deterrent, if any at all. Players running around towns in huge gunfights with no police presence that I can see. I got killed in Valentine, near the stable, I killed the guy 3 times, then got killed again. No wanted, no bounty, nothing. this was all on and around the main Street.

 

The lasso, haven't seen it first hand, but from the video I watched on YouTube it looks like a complete nightmare.

The online store is closed for now.

 

Damn, was looking forward to it.

Reading stuff like this, makes it look like gtao 2.0 though.

 

I will jump in tomorrow and decide for myself, but this doesn't sound good.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

Bucket helmets... exist in RDO.

 

(yes, you read that correctly)

 

They look as pathetic as they sound.

 

*face palms*

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 8 Users Currently Viewing
    4 members, 1 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • DentureDynamite
    • Norman_Greige
    • Lonely-Martin
    • Karen Daniels
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.