4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

rusbeckia
On 1/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, GTP_Monkey said:

If you suffer the horse bonding bug dont worry your stats are fine its just that lobby jinx, To cure jump of your horse face it open menu and make it flee (O) if i remember correctly, now wait a short time around a minute then whistle it and it will come back cured 

That’s the info everyone needs to know! It‘s 30 seconds actually. 

Viciadogames

It ain't even fun to play that Jorge Montez mission anymore, what with the high level players bum rushing the f*ck out of it. 

XxJazzy42xX
Just now, Viciadogames said:

It ain't even fun to play that Jorge Montez mission anymore, what with the high level players bum rushing the f*ck out of it. 

Overall some more PvE things added wouldn't hurt the game. Survival and some more contact missions would hold me. As far as I'm concerned I earned most of my levels by way of PvP, but I have played all the contact missions several times and I have to agree with you about not only that mission, but all the missions aren't even fun anymore, but that was to be expected considering there is only a handful of them on the game right now.

Zoop_Leroy
2 hours ago, Viciadogames said:

Dynamite arrows were created for that mission.  If someone is rushing and leaving low-levels behind, fire a dynamite arrow at their feet and send them flying.  Save another dynamite arrow for anyone who kills the husky back at Mazanita Post and watch them ragdoll onto the roof.

YNNEL

This could turn out brilliant and I’m pretty confident it will but I think I’m going to give it a rest for a bit. Nearly at level 38 and it’s been a long grind. Mind you I’ve seen a 268 level player. What the hell?

Not that big into PVP and there’s only so many mail deliveries and horse thefts you can do before you start getting bored. Just seems like I’m playing it for the sake of it at the moment. I spose I keep coming back to it because I just love being in that world.

Hope they drop some big updates soon. Will definitely be back when they do.

Vice Beach

I might be alone in this opinion, but I think Ability Cards should be a one use “power up” and then there is a cool down for it before your cards are active again. Or maybe make them a reward for a kill streak. I don’t think they should always be active. I myself use Slow and Steady, and I feel very cheap when I play against anyone who doesn’t use it. 

Edited by Vice Beach

afriendlyreddot
8 minutes ago, Vice Beach said:

I might be alone in this opinion, but I think Ability Cards should be a one use “power up” and then there is a cool down for it before your cards are active again. Or maybe make them a reward for a kill streak. I don’t think they should always be active. I myself use Slow and Steady, and I feel very cheap when I play against anyone who doesn’t use it. 

personally i just wish they'd scrap the whole thing, hard earned income could be put to a better use once there are more things to purchase hopefully. not to say the folks that have grown accustomed to them now are cheap i just feel like pvp should really boil down to weapon choice and how defensive or offensive you find yourself at any given moment. i'm all for a little role play but the perk cards seem out of place, or dare i say forced to encourage a little wallet flexing on less patient players.

Edited by afriendlyreddot

Adamlfc23

With how hard it is to rank up and how little there is to do online I have no idea how people have such high ranks, what are people doing online? I’ve done missions and playing tdm, there’s only so many hours of hunting you can do before it gets boring, what are people doing to entertain themselves on this game? Any tips? Some of my friends have already lost interest and more and more are doing the same.

Jason
Just now, Adamlfc23 said:

With how hard it is to rank up and how little there is to do online I have no idea how people have such high ranks, what are people doing online?

Grinding cops in St Denis, consistently finishing top 3 in showdowns or rushing specific missions are the best methods last time I checked when it comes to leveling up fast. You can reasonably get 1 level an hour with those methods so if you grind it out it doesn't take that long if you play a decent amount every week, RDO's closing in on 2 months old now.

XxJazzy42xX
6 hours ago, Jason said:

Grinding cops in St Denis, consistently finishing top 3 in showdowns or rushing specific missions are the best methods last time I checked when it comes to leveling up fast. You can reasonably get 1 level an hour with those methods so if you grind it out it doesn't take that long if you play a decent amount every week, RDO's closing in on 2 months old now.

Grinding cops is a serious sport in lobbies I join. and everybody doing it is level 50+

GTP_Monkey
2 hours ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

Grinding cops is a serious sport in lobbies I join. and everybody doing it is level 50+

Crikey I did it at low level but not since I reached level 20 now at level 78

AndenNewMountain

Writing this I know RDO is still in beta, but before release I was really hoping this wouldn’t be a GTAO copy set in the 19th century. But seeing the enforced PVP and one of the first updates, Gun Rush, being basically a battle royal adversary mode I’m starting to lose a little hope actually.

I was hoping more of survival and roleplay elements, really get myself lost in this big beutiful world, like the story mode but with my own avatar and story.

Gaming for me, and I guess for a lot of you, is ”me time”. So the little time I can put into sit down and game is my little escape from time to time.

I don’t play a lot of games, but I do enjoy some PVP in games, like Dark Souls. PVP in Red Dead? Not at all. As slow and clumsy the gunplay is, I actually like it during PVE. But I just can’t have fun battling another player. If I get killed randomly by someone I don’t care enough to get revenge, just simply try to go my seperate way or change session if it’s a lowlife griefer.

I’ve also had memorabel friendly encounters witch made me wish for friendly lobbies to share with likeminded people. Not having to constantly look over my shoulder when I try be productive with stranger missions or while out hunting.

So I really wish for more content for us lonewolfs out there. Like missions we can solo, collect stuff for the trapper and our camp to get cool upgrades.

Sidenote, what is the point of the camp in online? Just to be placed at the other side of the map from me and cost money? I think I’ve only been at the camp twice after the intro, and that’s only because it randomly got placed close to me. Why can’t we just make our own little campfire like in SP if I don’t have any reason to use my camp?

Red Dead Online has the potential to be an awesome roleplaying experience, not just a cowboy style GTAO with it’s adversary modes and boring PVP

Stupidis
7 minutes ago, AndenNewMountain said:

Writing this I know RDO is still in beta, but before release I was really hoping this wouldn’t be a GTAO copy set in the 19th century. But seeing the enforced PVP and one of the first updates, Gun Rush, being basically a battle royal adversary mode I’m starting to lose a little hope actually.

I was hoping more of survival and roleplay elements, really get myself lost in this big beutiful world, like the story mode but with my own avatar and story.

Gaming for me, and I guess for a lot of you, is ”me time”. So the little time I can put into sit down and game is my little escape from time to time.

I don’t play a lot of games, but I do enjoy some PVP in games, like Dark Souls. PVP in Red Dead? Not at all. As slow and clumsy the gunplay is, I actually like it during PVE. But I just can’t have fun battling another player. If I get killed randomly by someone I don’t care enough to get revenge, just simply try to go my seperate way or change session if it’s a lowlife griefer.

I’ve also had memorabel friendly encounters witch made me wish for friendly lobbies to share with likeminded people. Not having to constantly look over my shoulder when I try be productive with stranger missions or while out hunting.

So I really wish for more content for us lonewolfs out there. Like missions we can solo, collect stuff for the trapper and our camp to get cool upgrades.

Sidenote, what is the point of the camp in online? Just to be placed at the other side of the map from me and cost money? I think I’ve only been at the camp twice after the intro, and that’s only because it randomly got placed close to me. Why can’t we just make our own little campfire like in SP if I don’t have any reason to use my camp?

Red Dead Online has the potential to be an awesome roleplaying experience, not just a cowboy style GTAO with it’s adversary modes and boring PVP

Some of the camp upgrades make you regenerate health etc faster (not tied to being in camp). You can make custom ouftits, cook and so on. I'm sure more features will be added as well.

Btw, we scandinavians should start a posse for all danes, norwegians, swedes (and possibly fins). :)

AndenNewMountain
29 minutes ago, Stupidis said:

Some of the camp upgrades make you regenerate health etc faster (not tied to being in camp). You can make custom ouftits, cook and so on. I'm sure more features will be added as well.

Btw, we scandinavians should start a posse for all danes, norwegians, swedes (and possibly fins). :)

Yeah I know about that. I just change clothes at general stores and cook at other campfires. Hopefully we get improvements to the camp that makes me want to care for it!

You know how it is. Riding to camp, notification pops up ”Crips have moved camp to *insert name of place 1000 miles away from you*” Right now I would rather have my own tent and campfire in the itemwheel like in SP, placing it by my feet anywhere. I mean come on, what kind of cowboy can’t make his own open fire haha!

(A scandinavian posse would be cool!)

Edited by AndenNewMountain

Stupidis
26 minutes ago, AndenNewMountain said:

Yeah I know about that. I just change clothes at general stores and cook at other campfires. Hopefully we get improvements to the camp that makes me want to care for it!

You know how it is. Riding to camp, notification pops up ”Crips have moved camp to *insert name of place 1000 miles away from you*” Right now I would rather have my own tent and campfire in the itemwheel like in SP, placing it by my feet anywhere. I mean come on, what kind of cowboy can’t make his own open fire haha!

(A scandinavian posse would be cool!)

What buggers me most is when I try to set camp in for example Bayou Nwa and get the message Cripps have moved camp to Heartlands. Try again and get the same message. Third time he moves camp to Hannigans stead or whatever. :lol:

happygrowls

I can't wait for Cripps to move my camp to f*cking Guarma somehow when I request it in Ambarino.

yeezy203

Really hoping for some content this week. I've finally stopped playing the game at level 36. Just can't take it anymore.