3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

The Holy Diver

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

HockeyMike24

Still no mention of free aim or private lobbies. But hey, at least we're getting new emotes. They put so much creativity into the SP it's like the online isn't even R*

The online is definitely not going in the direction I wanted it to so I doubt I will be getting back on any time soon... Maybe the next update

Shadowfennekin
1 hour ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Still no mention of free aim or private lobbies. But hey, at least we're getting new emotes. They put so much creativity into the SP it's like the online isn't even R*

The online is definitely not going in the direction I wanted it to so I doubt I will be getting back on any time soon... Maybe the next update

Free aim yes

But I feel private lobbies aren't that needed anymore with proximity dots. People can hunt/fish in peace now

DLKnives
1 hour ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Ditto, I haven't played since I hit 35 last Thursday and I won't come back for this update.

Nerfgoth

Why no pre-made outfit for cold weather?

Pocket Fox
2 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

There is one you can get, but it's at Level 92. And you'd already have a cold weather outfit by then.

It's crazy how they made online so... randomly it seems.

Red Lynx 23
2 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

The Grizziles Bounty Hunter Outfit was made available for Xbox One players today. It costs us two hundred something though, when Playstation owners got it for free.

BUT THE BENZ

Oh R* what you doin, oh R* you there?! my once beloved R*, do you even care?!

Pocket Fox
4 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Free aim yes

But I feel private lobbies aren't that needed anymore with proximity dots. People can hunt/fish in peace now

Not really, it's just less likely. I can also spawn in on St Dennis, look at the map.  ahh Valentine, no one there. Travel to Valentine and find 3 posse's having a free for all.

It's also a matter of connection for me. My landline is so utterly crap if it has to handle a tonne of players I just lag out and get kicked all the time. So I've been using my mobile and burning all my 30gb of data every month in just RDRO. Not even doing anything else with it.

Meanwhile, private lobbies on PC for me in GTAO, no issues. Been able to play and have fun since launch. Furthermore, if I was online and lagged out, other people leave, I don't end up being the one kicked out. 

Imagine if businesses come to RDRO. I could spend 2 weeks grinding for moonshine or some crap. Do a sell mission.  Bazzzt, error, lag. I get disconnected, lose all stock.

But I guess I could always buy gold and more gold and buy more gold. Which is really all this is actually about. R* making it so you feel more inclined to purchase macro-transactions to play the game.

Honestly, RDRO is simply, utter sh*t at the moment. It's like every decision made by R* has been done so to remove player choice, remove progression/money making methods and force you into idiotic pvp crap or buying gold bars.

Who gives a rats ass if you could do stranger missions in a solo session. Where does it say these have to include other people? Wow, 7 mins for 6 dollars and 100xp. I would earn more in a story mission with 0 risk or in pvp playlists with 0 risk.

Story missions, again, need 2 people. Why can't I solo it? Don't want you making too much money or finding a solo exploit. Freedom and player choice removed, play the game how we want you to.

It is a sick f*cking joke they are asking for feedback because they clearly aren't listening to it.

No matter, RDRO was dead a month ago and the people hanging on to hope of pve, free aim or private sessions will abandon this anti-consumer trainwreck soon. I honestly can't see the pvp crowd sticking with this trash for long as pvp feels like it was thrown together in an afternoon. Free roam pvp is also going to be boring as all hell after blips come into play and all the other added measures. Ride around the map for 30 mins, kill 1 person, get 30xp $0 0.00 gold nuggets. They go parley... oh...well that was fun I guess...

It boggles the mind when you see how much effort was put into SP. The quality, the depth, your characters throat is animated to move when you drink beer ffs!

Then in RDRO... oh hey, let's spawn you online in front of a gator. or spawn you into an MP match in front of an enemy team. no auto-balance for team games. no thought about griefing measures, a f*cked economy on day one.

Rushed out the door with macro-transactions slapped on, just in time for Christmas. 

If I was a dev who worked on this game, I'd be furious that the spreadsheet executives and marketing team are treating this work of art as a pay per view titty show.

Please deposit more money to continue.

Dazzzaa
5 hours ago, DLKnives said:

Ditto, I haven't played since I hit 35 last Thursday and I won't come back for this update.

"Update" 

all they did was a a terrible showdown. Don't think I've read a single postivie post about it, ton of negative ones though. It's a complete sh*tshow

Nerfgoth
5 hours ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

The Grizziles Bounty Hunter Outfit was made available for Xbox One players today. It costs us two hundred something though, when Playstation owners got it for free.

Thx mate! Will check it out!

We Are Ninja
4 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

1.) Not really, it's just less likely. I can also spawn in on St Dennis, look at the map.  ahh Valentine, no one there. Travel to Valentine and find 3 posse's having a free for all.

2.) Rushed out the door with macro-transactions slapped on, just in time for Christmas. If I was a dev who worked on this game, I'd be furious that the spreadsheet executives and marketing team are treating this work of art as a pay per view titty show. Please deposit more money to continue.

1.) I'm not really thrilled about dots being less visible. I'd hate to travel for ten minutes only to find that the entire lobby holed up in the city I traveled all the way to. This is why I would never, ever, ever, ever want RDR2 to remove all player dots. There would be entire posses lying in wait at every butcher, store, and stable. Without fail. In every city. Around the clock.

2.)125% factual.

traksta1

Yer, not to keen on the sound of those proximity dots either. The view from my cowboy satellite system currently allows me to check out where each and every dot is and track it's movements every now and then while I'm fishing/hunting. Now they may just come across me by luck and I'm not going to know if I'm fishing (no mini map) and bang, there goes the back of my virtual head and there goes another gold bar to replace the lure I just lost to internet no-life. I so wanted to get into RDRO but the signs are not looking too good for someone with no interest whatsoever in PvP type games.

Edited by traksta1

The Holy Diver

I   w  a  n  t   g  a  m  b  l  i  n  g

BUT THE BENZ

gambling....that's the ONLY thing I can understand R* not implementing due to all the sh*tstorm that would come with it

Assblaster
20 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

gambling....that's the ONLY thing I can understand R* not implementing due to all the sh*tstorm that would come with it

I really don't see why not...there are other multiplayer poker games on console, and it is fake money. They'd have to make the poker table a safezone like the butcher. We might get it, but it would be fun so probably not.

DentureDynamite

^^ Only problem I can see with poker/gambling is R* sensing that too many players might not play their Adversary Modes gaming modes.

<sarcasm>

You know, where ALL the fun in RDO actually is.

</sarcasm>

blackwolfred
8 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

Not really, it's just less likely. I can also spawn in on St Dennis, look at the map.  ahh Valentine, no one there. Travel to Valentine and find 3 posse's having a free for all.

It's also a matter of connection for me. My landline is so utterly crap if it has to handle a tonne of players I just lag out and get kicked all the time. So I've been using my mobile and burning all my 30gb of data every month in just RDRO. Not even doing anything else with it.

Meanwhile, private lobbies on PC for me in GTAO, no issues. Been able to play and have fun since launch. Furthermore, if I was online and lagged out, other people leave, I don't end up being the one kicked out. 

Imagine if businesses come to RDRO. I could spend 2 weeks grinding for moonshine or some crap. Do a sell mission.  Bazzzt, error, lag. I get disconnected, lose all stock.

But I guess I could always buy gold and more gold and buy more gold. Which is really all this is actually about. R* making it so you feel more inclined to purchase macro-transactions to play the game.

Honestly, RDRO is simply, utter sh*t at the moment. It's like every decision made by R* has been done so to remove player choice, remove progression/money making methods and force you into idiotic pvp crap or buying gold bars.

Who gives a rats ass if you could do stranger missions in a solo session. Where does it say these have to include other people? Wow, 7 mins for 6 dollars and 100xp. I would earn more in a story mission with 0 risk or in pvp playlists with 0 risk.

Story missions, again, need 2 people. Why can't I solo it? Don't want you making too much money or finding a solo exploit. Freedom and player choice removed, play the game how we want you to.

It is a sick f*cking joke they are asking for feedback because they clearly aren't listening to it.

No matter, RDRO was dead a month ago and the people hanging on to hope of pve, free aim or private sessions will abandon this anti-consumer trainwreck soon. I honestly can't see the pvp crowd sticking with this trash for long as pvp feels like it was thrown together in an afternoon. Free roam pvp is also going to be boring as all hell after blips come into play and all the other added measures. Ride around the map for 30 mins, kill 1 person, get 30xp $0 0.00 gold nuggets. They go parley... oh...well that was fun I guess...

It boggles the mind when you see how much effort was put into SP. The quality, the depth, your characters throat is animated to move when you drink beer ffs!

Then in RDRO... oh hey, let's spawn you online in front of a gator. or spawn you into an MP match in front of an enemy team. no auto-balance for team games. no thought about griefing measures, a f*cked economy on day one.

Rushed out the door with macro-transactions slapped on, just in time for Christmas. 

If I was a dev who worked on this game, I'd be furious that the spreadsheet executives and marketing team are treating this work of art as a pay per view titty show.

Please deposit more money to continue.

Yeah, I sorely miss the whole “ invite friends playing GTA” option when hosting missions.... What was wrong with that? Hmm..Maybe it was because with my friends we had a plan/communication/ intelligence? Instead of trying to carry 1)noob 1) afk sh*tless layabout and 1) mouthbreathing imbecile who couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat..... You don’t really need to wear a “ tinfoil hat” to surmise the team was built to fail from the beginning to nudge us towards gold bar sales. 😑

Edited by blackwolfred

Happy Hunter

I hope the bounty system isn't going to be just AI. Really seems like wasted potential if it is.

AI is easy enough to kill, loot and even get rewarded for. A mob of real, thinking players, all hungry for the money on your head - less easy. Plus it's another activity, which is something that's in short supply right now.

1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Only problem I can see with poker/gambling is R* sensing that too many players might not play their Adversary Modes gaming modes.

<sarcasm>

You know, where ALL the fun in RDO actually is.

</sarcasm>

Maybe we can have ability cards in poker. Let's say you have a pair of 5s, the other player a queen high flush, but because you drew the ability card it doubles your 5s or reduces your opponents hand to a queen high nothing.

BUT THE BENZ

tinfoil hat theories? I'm f*ckin great at those: did you know the whole SP dialogue/story was dan writing off his (and sam's) "guilt"?

"but it wasn't us (my brother and me) who changed!" - yeah of course the benz is evil and the backstabbing/money-stealing houser bros are super innocent!

"always was a good thief"...."that you was" - yes, dan and sam pulled a really COOL con on the man who made 'em richer than they ever thought they'd be!

"that's the way it is" , "cruel world" - musical choice to fit the benz' "departure"

"stay with me, have faith, they're not gonna crush us" - dan talking to the rest of his staff, the leftovers who didn't leave after the benz was gone. TT might crush 'em regardless at some point...because they see the decline/drama ahead!

I could continue, but eh, we talk about online here.

so yeah, R* really REALLY wants us to drop online and let it go, so they don't have to support it any longer than necessary. they already grabbed most of our cash, people surely took a sip of that gold-bars kool-aid. and they don't even try to listen and fix things, instead they troll us ...'got some more for you, but can't tell you what, enjoy the stuff noone requested until then...' ...'and no, we will not fix the many things WRONG with online, since we intentionally put imran in charge of design and he sucks at it, sorry, but you can take it or leave it...'

right right?

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Larcen
On 1/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, Danish Crusader said:

There, I feel much better. Now, while the servers seem more stable now, it has also brought the soldiers back that turns every town into a warzone... These anti-griefing measures can't come soon enough if you ask me.

As long as that doesn't get in the way with my prime directive to beat the sh*t out of every man and woman in Valentine with my bare hands, then so be it.

RayD70
12 hours ago, We Are Ninja said:

1.) I'm not really thrilled about dots being less visible. I'd hate to travel for ten minutes only to find that the entire lobby holed up in the city I traveled all the way to. This is why I would never, ever, ever, ever want RDR2 to remove all player dots. There would be entire posses lying in wait at every butcher, store, and stable. Without fail. In every city. Around the clock.

2.)125% factual.

That was my first thought as well. "Butcher camping will only get worse."

Give us something better to do for cash, and that won't be an issue. ;)

Edited by RayD70

Virus..
21 hours ago, Dazzzaa said:

"Update" 

all they did was a a terrible showdown. Don't think I've read a single postivie post about it, ton of negative ones though. It's a complete sh*tshow

Tall trees map is boring, manor one everybody camps second floor no way to win if they are holed up there. 

Overall very boring game mode. When there are two remaining people they should get the option to a standoff to finish things more quickly.

Edited by Virus..

TCA

Oh look they still haven’t bothered fixing the issue with the butcher...instead of getting f*cked out of 1 item... he f*cks me out of 3 perfect pelts. But hey ho we’re gonna just add a stupid game mode instead then later stuff to buy. 

Pressure Drop

C7Ewoyz1dronqA1taT%2BpaIV3DJWSlhcI=

This piece of s**t random disconnection error, usually in middle of story mission or with a cart load of animal carcasses and pelts on horse, which you then lose because of this.

F**K YOU! FIX THIS !!

BobDyl

Go back and play some SP to renew your faith. It's so great. Not only more lively and populated than RDO, but way more fun. Going back through SP makes me realize how much is missing from RDO - big things like camp interactions and missions, but also little things like tons of ambient sounds, flies buzzing around, random encounters, NPCs having their own lives & interactions, better skinning animations and an actual voice for g*d's sake. When it comes to game design and architecture I am clueless but it is too bad that so much is lost - it would be way better if it were more like single player when you are alone and only suppress the environment when interacting with other live players.

Assblaster
45 minutes ago, BobDyl said:

Go back and play some SP to renew your faith. It's so great. Not only more lively and populated than RDO, but way more fun. Going back through SP makes me realize how much is missing from RDO - big things like camp interactions and missions, but also little things like tons of ambient sounds, flies buzzing around, random encounters, NPCs having their own lives & interactions, better skinning animations and an actual voice for g*d's sake. When it comes to game design and architecture I am clueless but it is too bad that so much is lost - it would be way better if it were more like single player when you are alone and only suppress the environment when interacting with other live players.

Yeah the servers can't handle all that detail combined with all the players...hell they can't even function well with the small numbers of players I'm seeing when I play lately. 

I was bewildered at first by the small number of clothing items & other stuff available for sale online compared with the large number available in SP. I mean, look at all the hats (not just for sale in SP but the 39 or so unlockable ones). And masks too (like the psycho mask e.g., we don't even have any masks, & the bandanas are pointless online). Then I realized that the devs probably have to do a lot of extra work on all those because of the different body sizes & head contortions, to prevent hair and body parts clipping through the clothes & hats. So we'll probably see all those at some point...if the game survives. The negativity surrounding this game is pretty extreme and widespread, unfortunately. I really hope they turn it around.

Edited by Assblaster

blackwolfred

I’m sick and tired of stabling horses only to go get them out with permanent core drained....this is absolute sh*t. We pay in game money or gold for them, then pay like every 30-45 minutes for stable upkeep..., What upkeep? If they are coming out mostly dead with their head drooping. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edited by blackwolfred

Talisman_83
On 1/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, Pocket Fox said:

If the proximity blip feature turns out to be the sh*tshow I'm imagining it to be, then I think me and my mates will stay in our own tropical private lobby for the time being..

oy56yTy.jpg

aofixMG.jpg

Edited by Talisman_83

RaigeGames
1 hour ago, Assblaster said:

And masks too (like the psycho mask e.g., we don't even have any masks, & the bandanas are pointless online). Then I realized that the devs probably have to do a lot of extra work on all those because of the different body sizes & head contortions, to prevent hair and body parts clipping through the clothes & hats. So we'll probably see all those at some point...if the game survives. 

See you'd think they would have put time into fitting clothes to different body types, but when I put my bandana on my cheeks and nose clip right through. I spent $20 on an article of clothing I can't even use without it looking like sh*t

Edited by RaigeGames