3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Red Dead Online Q&A

TheOriginalGunslinger

Is there a “Headshot” count on the scoreboard during competitive matches to see who got the most headshots in a round?

NCF9

They are intending to keep all progress and saves from the beta for the full online release, but they did state rank and progress resets may be required in certain situations.

8 minutes ago, -LN- said:

Thank you so much!

I had a feeling; hopefully they'll unlock again for us, especially if they add or change things once it's out of beta. It took GTA online a very long time to add the feature to edit your appearance, but I suppose there's no real guarantee that the characters we make today will be still be around by the end of the week, lol!

They are intending to keep all progress and saves from the beta for the full online release, but they did state rank and progress resets may be required in certain situations.

Ker Juice
2 hours ago, Sauce béarnaise said:

Something definetly "dropped" off of my revolver... 3foTC7Z.jpg

Geez. How many barrels of gun oil did you go through, cleaning that thing??

Ring Dang Do
1 hour ago, Gallows said:

How did you unlock the Ultimate content?

Once you have put the code in and completed the tutorial then your weapons will be in the gunsmith, your outfits in the general store and the camp theme is unlocked in the camp.

Happy Hunter

How much does honour play into it? Do you lose honour for killing other players? Is there a discount on stuff for having good honour, like in SP? Any plusses to having bad honour?

Azaan60
3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

So gold bars are essentially cash cards, but you can (painfully slowly) earn them in-game too?

Is the lasso there? Are there any jarring drops in graphics, etc.?

One positive thing about the game is the fact that the Graphical quality is almost the same as the SP. With GTA Online there's a very noticeable difference in the graphics between SP and MP. But with RDR I honestly can't tell the difference. 

6 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

How much does honour play into it? Do you lose honour for killing other players? Is there a discount on stuff for having good honour, like in SP? Any plusses to having bad honour?

Killing another player decreases your Honor, Posses have their own Honor bar. 

There are parts on missions where you can make decisions e.g kill someone or spare them. Everyone in the mission gets to vote on what choice to pick. Whichever gets the most votes. This can change the objectives of a mission. 

From what I can tell Honor really doesn't seem to do anything. And according to the help section you can visit a store and reset your Honor whenever you want. 

Could be for role play I guess? 

djb204

Are character names visible to other players?

jdv95

After you spawn back in freeroam after a mission,can players  that also did the mission with you kill you right away or does the game give you some time to get away? 

KingBen

Can we play poker/blackjack online?

djb204

The mission states 1/4 players, but it doesn’t give me an option to do them solo. Anyone else?

kushnstien
14 minutes ago, KingBen said:

Can we play poker/blackjack online?

i heard blackjack is online, not sure about poker.

KingBen
4 minutes ago, kushnstien said:

i heard blackjack is online, not sure about poker.

I really hope Poker made it in too. My friends and I have been hoping to play against each other. Thanks for the info about blackjack!

If anyone knows if poker is in please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by KingBen

Happy Hunter

A cowboy game without card games would be kinda lame, so I'm hoping it all makes it online.

JON22

Are interiors locked? Are stolen horses 'too hot' to keep? Are npcs aimbots? *Should I wait until it's cheaper to buy?

*regardless of what anyone says that's what I'm doing if I buy it at all.

Shadowfennekin

Uh..... where the hell did all the missions go?

I changed camp shortly after I got the option as I hate how far New Austin is from literally everything(Right near Tumbleweed too la sigh)

And all the mission markers went vanish! I was told to go to Blackwater but nothing's there....

kushnstien
4 minutes ago, KingBen said:

I really hope Poker made it in too. My friends and I have been hoping to play against each other. Thanks for the info about blackjack!

If anyone knows if poker is in please let me know. Thanks.

just did some researching. Sadly it seems poker is not in the game.. yet. Hopefully once the game is out of Beta it will be implemented

CarltonDanks69

no poker f*cking sucks

lennymuhboi

How do you remove your jacket in camp? 

Trying to go shirtless.

KingBen
10 minutes ago, kushnstien said:

just did some researching. Sadly it seems poker is not in the game.. yet. Hopefully once the game is out of Beta it will be implemented

Thanks!

I’m really hoping it gets added eventually. It would be amazing to play online.

confederatestatesgta

the ultimate edition gives us the option to rank up to 20 or something like that. how can i get it?

dieseltech20
20 minutes ago, confederatestatesgta said:

the ultimate edition gives us the option to rank up to 20 or something like that. how can i get it?

No.

We have rank "boosts" up to level 25, not instant rank. Meaning we can level up faster than others but only until level 25.

confederatestatesgta
1 hour ago, dieseltech20 said:

No.

We have rank "boosts" up to level 25, not instant rank. Meaning we can level up faster than others but only until level 25.

oh okay thanks. i was confused on that.

PetrolCB

Are you able to pare down your weapon wheel, so you’re not stuck with things you don’t want?

Happy Hunter
4 hours ago, dognuts said:

From videos I've watched, it's like the original Redemption where being silent (crouched/not moving) makes your blip disappear.

Has anyone tried this?

Commander S

Are there any different session types, like GTAO (crew-only, friends-only, invite-only, solo), or is it really just 'public PvP or GTFO'?

I've not been able to get on my console, let alone install and play the game yet (and to be honest, at this point, I'm waiting until such point as things get changed added/during/after the beta...)

primethief147
3 hours ago, kushnstien said:

From what ive seen on reddit not even blackjack is in. The only place i saw someone confirm blackjack was in one comment on the main Q/A page everywhere else claims gambling isn't in.

Cpwfosal
6 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Uh..... where the hell did all the missions go?

I changed camp shortly after I got the option as I hate how far New Austin is from literally everything(Right near Tumbleweed too la sigh)

And all the mission markers went vanish! I was told to go to Blackwater but nothing's there....

I had this aswell, it also said my camp had been packed away and i had to pay a fee to 're pitch it so I selected online from the start menu and it loaded me in to another session and everything came back camp other players and mission icons, happened again later aswell after id done another mission, confused as to wether its a bug or solo session.

RayD70
7 hours ago, jdv95 said:

After you spawn back in freeroam after a mission,can players  that also did the mission with you kill you right away or does the game give you some time to get away? 

One of the few positives I can report is when I get dumped out of a story mission, there's rarely anyone within 400 yards of me.

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Are you able to pare down your weapon wheel, so you’re not stuck with things you don’t want?

Hasn't been a problem since you can't afford new weapons anyway...

jdv95
3 hours ago, Commander S said:

Are there any different session types, like GTAO (crew-only, friends-only, invite-only, solo), or is it really just 'public PvP or GTFO'?

I've not been able to get on my console, let alone install and play the game yet (and to be honest, at this point, I'm waiting until such point as things get changed added/during/after the beta...)

nope atleast not yet.

passive mode is not a thing either and i even heard that for some reason auto aim and free aim are not separete lobbies.

i hope they have not added these things yet for sever balancing in the beta,but i have my wories for the full release.

Edited by jdv95

Commander S
4 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

nope atleast not yet.

passive mode is not a thing either and i even heard that for some reason auto aim and free aim are not separete lobbies.

i hope they have not added these things yet for sever balancing in the beta,but i have my wories for the full release.

Dang - yeah, that's what I'd heard. :/

If I were being charitable, I'd say that maybe it's because this whole period is as much a 'stress test' as anything, to see how RDO copes when opened up to the public (because of the woes of launch-era GTAO) - forcing everyone to be in public sessions for the beta means more instances of full sessions for R* to look at.

On the other hand, this is also the first look at a R* Online mode in a post-SecuroServ world - as in, GTAO went from 'you can hand-pick every player in a session, and choose whatever kind of session you want' to 'if you're not in a public session, you can't do most of the new stuff', and I suspect that RDO is going to start with that latter mentality underpinning it (which isn't good news for lone wolves, fans of PvE over PvP, or just people who don't like being griefed by idiot randos...).