3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Online Q&A

djb204

8 hours ago, RayD70 said:

The one must have is the metal detector. As soon as you hit level 5 and can buy one, get it ASAP.

What does the metal detector do? Random chance of finding an item? Collector role sounds pretty lucrative 

7 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

What does the metal detector do? Random chance of finding an item? Collector role sounds pretty lucrative 

The metal detector allows you to find items buried in the ground, and while a few of them are random, each item has a set location on a 3 day cycle. GTA Series Videos on YT has some pretty great guides to where you can find all the collectables every day. The collector role is very lucrative in both money and xp

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The FoolYT said:

Like Raige said, it's to find things buried you will not see any other way (or even be able to dig up).

Many jewelry items, and arrowheads can be found this way. And coins can ONLY be found with a metal detector.

Most of those items will sell between $10-20 each. And the coin set, for example, sells for over $500.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if being underweight or overweight affects the character creator? My character was affected by the fat face update and I've been wanting to step back into the creator to try and fix it, but my character is currently underweight. I don't want to use my free pass to make some changes only to find out his face will change once he is back to average weight. Will he be underweight in the creator or will he automatically be put at the average weight when going into the creator?

• Like 1

Danish Crusader

Anyone know if the Sharpshooter Card works with a scoped Bolt Action Rifle? I'm not really feeling a difference in terms of damage output even at rank 3.

The card lights up, but there doesn't seem to be any increase in damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hold down the left trigger (with or without someone targetted) and press R1 to open the menu of currently "favored" emotes. Favoring an emote assigns it to it's corresponding button, also you can manage emotes by going into the free roam menu and going down to the online options tab and then four down is the Emotes menu were you can assign/favor emotes and equip or unequip them (you can have 4 or 5 emotes equipped per button, but only the favored one will be the currently active one).

It's all a bit more confusing than it needs to be, you can also manage them by going through the emote menu when you hold L2+R1 but it's a bit less convoluted going through the free roam menu.

• 2 weeks later...

When am I gonna be able to see players on the map again.  I hate that its like this, makes the game feel empty. 

Solved: In Weapon Wheel, click Y and X too switch the ammo

Im on PC with Mouse and Keyboard

So I have found and bought different ammo typs and I'm able to use them with my rank 31. In the weapon wheels I can see the different typs of ammo each weapon. But how can I change the ammo typ?

"Switch weapon firemode"  in the keyboard settings doesn't work for me, while I have the weapon wheel open or during aiming.

Edited by Rushki

How does one unbutton a shirt? When I bought one it was originally open but ever since I bought a bandana for my neck, it has remained closed, even if I remove the bandana in my wardrobe.

Is there a special option or something?

Playing on PC.

20 hours ago, NChabb said:

How does one unbutton a shirt? When I bought one it was originally open but ever since I bought a bandana for my neck, it has remained closed, even if I remove the bandana in my wardrobe.

Is there a special option or something?

Playing on PC.

You can do this in your camp at your tent (with sleeping bag etc.). For examble, choose a top and you should see "adjust".

7 minutes ago, Rushki said:

You can do this in your camp at your tent (with sleeping bag etc.). For examble, choose a top and you should see "adjust".

Oh... Indeed there is a 'modify' option when I hover shirt in my clothing menu. Good to know. 👍

12 minutes ago, Rushki said:

It is possible to throw a dynamite etc. during aiming with a gun like in GTA 5?

No, unfortunately not.

• Like 2

I just got the off-hand holster and I've been wondering if I can dual wield the same pistol type like holding two Schofields for example.

EDIT: Okay just saw someone dual wield two LeMats, but whenever I try to buy a second Cattleman it doesn't let me.

Edited by Rundur
just clarifying something

9 hours ago, Rundur said:

I just got the off-hand holster and I've been wondering if I can dual wield the same pistol type like holding two Schofields for example.

EDIT: Okay just saw someone dual wield two LeMats, but whenever I try to buy a second Cattleman it doesn't let me.

Odd. It shouldn't be a problem.

I couldn't wait to get dual LeMats.

Two 9 shot .42 cal pistols each with a shotgun auxiliary, what's not to like?

Now if only there was a way to carry more ammunition....you have to be careful not to burn through your ammo before you're halfway across the map.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Odd. It shouldn't be a problem.

I couldn't wait to get dual LeMats.

Two 9 shot .42 cal pistols each with a shotgun auxiliary, what's not to like?

Now if only there was a way to carry more ammunition....you have to be careful not to burn through your ammo before you're halfway across the map.

Found the problem. Before I bought the off-hand holster I got the Grizzlies Outlaw outfit which comes with an off-hand holster but the game for some reason didn't recognize that I had it so I had to buy the base one for 8.5$ and then dual wielding was unlocked for me.

I found it the hard way, because at first I thought that you cannot buy a second Cattleman so I put all my money into the LeMat and then realized the sad truth. No regrets tho, bought a second one later and now cannot stop using those two lovely guns lol.

LeMats ftw

• 4 weeks later...

As a Bounty Hunter, I've just learned the "Duck Ability" on horse. But which button on PC, I have to use it? How is it possible?

WPsharpshooter
1 hour ago, Zalwig said:

Collector rank 12.

You can see all rank unlocks in the menue -> progress.

Thanks... I tried looking for it, I guess I missed it.

• 2 weeks later...

why are there these fools killing each other in competitions like target shooting races? That just seems redundant and a waste of time. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, djb204 said:

Are there any moonshiner random encounters in Great Plains, tall trees, or anywhere lower?

I've had moonshiner camps pop up in Tall Trees just south of Aurora Basin, and have seen a roadblock at Beacher's Hope

48 minutes ago, RaigeGames said:

I've had moonshiner camps pop up in Tall Trees just south of Aurora Basin, and have seen a roadblock at Beacher's Hope

I’m looking the the recipe that is lootable at the random encounter camps. I was wondering if those particular camps pop up down there.

2 hours ago, djb204 said:

I’m looking the the recipe that is lootable at the random encounter camps. I was wondering if those particular camps pop up down there.

2 hours ago, Zalwig said:

Yup. I saw that. I also saw the collector map that shows where these random moonshine encounters pop up, but the map doesn’t have anything for...

Great Plains

Tall Trees

Hennigan Stead

Cholla Springs

Rio Bravo

Gaptooth Ridge

i find it hard to believe that Rockstar would place these random encounters everywhere else but the lower part of the map. Maybe the collector map just doesn’t have every location? Which is why I’m asking here if anyone knows of any spots in the lower section?

5 hours ago, djb204 said:

i find it hard to believe

it´s not possible to help you when you don´t believe what people tell you.

But it´s positive that you found an existing thread instead of opening a new one.

5 hours ago, Zalwig said:

it´s not possible to help you when you don´t believe what people tell you.

But it´s positive that you found an existing thread instead of opening a new one.

Lmao I started this thread. 

Are some horses more clumsy then others? I find the Roadster very clumsy. I’ve gottwn into a lot of accidents with it lol.

This brings me to another topic on future roles. Does anyone think a Mountain Man role could be a good addition? Mountain men preferred mules over horses because they were surefooted in rough country and better back animals. At least that’s what I found when searching it up. In many westerns and documentaries I’ve always seen mules used by mountain men, which is why I looked it up lol.

SOURCE

That said, then perhaps Rockstar could add additional mounts (mules) along side a Mountain Man role? They could be less prone to accidents and better footed on rough terrain. They’d be slow though, but that would be the trade off.