3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Online Q&A

djb204

The Dedito Gae

Was there any "high power pistol" at the time of the game?

Waiting for one to come out, want to buy a pistol or something but im not crazy about any of the currently available ones.

Edited by The Deadite

7 hours ago, The Deadite said:

Was there any "high power pistol" at the time of the game?

Waiting for one to come out, want to buy a pistol or something but im not crazy about any of the currently available ones.

What do you mean by ‘high power pistol’?  

If you mean a gun that looks similar to a modern semi automatic, or the high power pistol from RDR1 - The FN browning M1900 would be the closest.  It was designed in 1896 and went into production in 1899.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_M1900

Any guns designed prior to that looked more like the ingame Semi Automatic Pistol or the Mauser.

Edited by Gray-Hand
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gray-Hand said:

What do you mean by ‘high power pistol’?  

If you mean a gun that looks similar to a modern semi automatic, or the high power pistol from RDR1 - The FN browning M1900 would be the closest.  It was designed in 1896 and went into production in 1899.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_M1900

Any guns designed prior to that looked more like the ingame Semi Automatic Pistol or the Mauser.

There's a potential mission that probably won't happen for a while, steal the protype Pistol from the fort. 

To unlock it for purchase from the fence, it's still a r* game.

SAS_Intruder

Can someone help me with off hand holster and second revolver option?  

I bought off hand holster (actually I got free one from Rockstar) and now I am unable t9 equip second revolver.  Also, it doesn't allow me to buy second Colt revolver?  We can't have two of same kind?

Even worse,  I couldn't remove off hand holster so now I am forced to have one without gun in it lol

Did you already buy 2 of the same? You can switch between guns of the same type by pressing left or right on the d pad

SAS_Intruder

No, I only have one Colt and one double action Smith (reward) and those are only two revolvers I have. That's why I am confused because I can't equip another revolver from my horse even though I have two hoosters. I can't buy another revolver of same type and I couldn't find I way to remove off hand holster. When I get back home I will try again and restart my game but so far it doesn't look ok to me.

Edited by SAS_Intruder

Is there any benefit for being in a posse by yourself?

XP boosts or awards, etc

CosmicBuffalo
31 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Is there any benefit for being in a posse by yourself?

XP boosts or awards, etc

I think you get a buckle after 100 hours as a leader.

15 hours ago, SAS_Intruder said:

No, I only have one Colt and one double action Smith (reward) and those are only two revolvers I have. That's why I am confused because I can't equip another revolver from my horse even though I have two hoosters. I can't buy another revolver of same type and I couldn't find I way to remove off hand holster. When I get back home I will try again and restart my game but so far it doesn't look ok to me.

I think there's a level you need to be before you can dual wield. If that's not the issue can you carry your Colt in either holster?

SAS_Intruder
43 minutes ago, 1898 said:

I think there's a level you need to be before you can dual wield. If that's not the issue can you carry your Colt in either holster?

I was able to resolve the issue by buying my own off hand holster. For some reason free off hand holster from Rockstar didn't work for me, I couldn't equip extra handgun and I couldn't buy one. Now everything works as it supposed to.  Only I still have to try to switch back to Rockstar gift holster to see if it is working now or not.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

1.  Is the Land of Opportunities mode considered the "PvE" mode compared to Free Roam and the other modes? If so, is there anyway to avoid taking major damage (like passive mode) if your hostility is low? I made changes in the settings. But my character still takes major damage/gets killed whenever he runs into the few psychos who insist on murder hobo everything they see on their radar.😄

2.  Have cheaters finally found their way into Land of Opportunities mode on XBX1? The other night my n00b low level 13 char was minding his business selling scraps to the butcher in Blackwater. Another low level/blue dot appeared on radar. Wasn't showing up in the proximity players list.

After got done trading with the NPC, noticed this player was trying to interact with and calm my horse. Most likely with the intent to mount it. Had my character immediately call and mount his horse. As he was riding off, this player immediately shot him in the back.   

When my character re-spawned, noticed same player red dot with the now red dot had somehow teleported from the butcher shop to a few buildings at edge of town where my character was.Had my character jump on his horse and quickly ride off. Lost whoever that player was on the radar. Checked his profile and was level 98. Seemed kind of high but also legit......

Wasn't server lag or anything. His red dot literally dis-apparated and re-apparated from the butcher shop to the edge of town in Harry Potter style. While all the other player dots moving around the town as normal with some running toward his red dot. Looked like a teleport cheat of some sort. Has anyone experienced this to date? Really hoping this isn't the case

• 1 month later...
JuliuszMCMXCVII

Is it possible now to play beta showdown series like Most Wanted or Name Your Weapon or is it random and I have to deal with other lame modes like Public Enemy?

New content week on RDO, dripfeed...... when does R* set the server to make the changes for new content week?

It dont seem to be like GTAO where its 40 mins past the hour, depending on you Country and timezone.

• 2 weeks later...
The Shakermaker

At the end of a shootout. The leaderboard gives everyone a title depending on how well they did. "Sharpshooter", "medic" etc. Does anyone know much about the titles?

Alright so here is my questions and hopefully someone can answer 

What's the best overall horse?

What's the best way to earn gold? Ineed some to get collector license

How much can a wagon hold?

Does content in the wagon stay in there or does it disappear if you leave the free roam? 

2 hours ago, The FoolYT said:

Alright so here is my questions and hopefully someone can answer 

What's the best overall horse?

Depends on what you want. But the top horses are very close together where the only real difference is temperment and maybe a slightly higher top end speed. You can't go wrong with MFT, Criollo, Arabian, Turkoman. Also well worth a stable slot: the rank 20 Kladruber, Thoroughbred (the best one anyway), Nokota, the top Brenton (if you like the beefy look). Saddles and spurs are almost more important than breed of horse. The Nacogdoches saddle with top end spurs is a big equalizer for many horse breeds, and maxes stats for the top ones.

What's the best way to earn gold? Ineed some to get collector license

Dailies, showdowns,free roam events, story missions. There's no shortcuts, sorry. (Well, you could buy them I suppose, but why?) If you have GTA, just go get all the playing cards, then the Collector's bag in RDO is free. Takes maybe 30 minutes with a good youtube guide.

How much can a wagon hold?

A hunting wagon holds 10 slots. Large animals (deer, wolves, etc) take up 2 slots each. Smaller animals like rabbits take up 1. You can store large fish in there too. (2  slots each)

Does content in the wagon stay in there or does it disappear if you leave the free roam? 

It stays indefinitely! (even if you send it away, turn off the game, etc)

Edited by RayD70
  • Like 1

Thank you for the response 

I have a few more questions

Is bola one time use or retrieveable?

How much can a hunting wagon hold?

Can I have both wagon and horse out at same time?

Are there any unique achievements or challenges that give any good rewards? 

30 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

Thank you for the response 

I have a few more questions

Is bola one time use or retrieveable?

Retrievable. So long as you don't let the target get away, or miss.

How much can a hunting wagon hold?

Already answered above.

Can I have both wagon and horse out at same time?

Sadly, no.

Are there any unique achievements or challenges that give any good rewards? 

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Unique? Nothing comes to mind. Challenges? Well, the gold buckles we can earn often can be reset for 0.4 gold every time you reset them. There's lots of gear, etc unlockable by levelling up a profession.  The Wheeler and Rawson Outlaw pass has a ton of things you can unlock by levelling up.

• Like 1

Thanks again for the reply and sorry I meant the bounty wagon but accidentally wrote hunting.

Also can people break free from bounty wagon or bolas?

Danish Crusader
4 hours ago, The FoolYT said:

Thanks again for the reply and sorry I meant the bounty wagon but accidentally wrote hunting.

Also can people break free from bounty wagon or bolas?

Don't know about players, but NPCs stay in the Bounty Wagon forever.

Bolas only lasts for a couple of seconds, you have to be fast to hogtie your bolas target or they will get free and continue fleeing. So run over there and hogtie(Will you automaticly pick up your bolas when you hogtie them)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stoakzee said:

How do you duck on your horse?

Same buttons as you use for combat diving on foot, assuming you have it unlocked.

9 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

Same buttons as you use for combat diving on foot, assuming you have it unlocked.

Hold L2 and Square?

Can someone summarise collector role for me? Haven't had a chance to play yet but what I see - can get treasure maps?

Collect random items and sell them? If I collect an item do i keep it until i can sell it?

1 hour ago, The FoolYT said:

Can someone summarise collector role for me? Haven't had a chance to play yet but what I see - can get treasure maps?

Collect random items and sell them? If I collect an item do i keep it until i can sell it?

Sure can:

Treasure maps come as you level up in the role.

Collect items found using maps, and sell them as a collection of items or singularly to Madam Nazar.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The FoolYT said:

You don't have to buy the maps. Especially now that there's literally tons of online guides and maps to follow. If you mean Treasure Maps like we get from hideouts, not that I'm aware of. But once you get collector fever, you won't care about treasure maps anymore. I have like 14 of them collecting dust. LOL

You can hold your items indefinitely. Selling complete sets gets you a bonus price. But selling off individual pieces now and then isn't bad, especially if you're short on cash. Every once in a blue moon, I'll visit Madam Nazar and if I have more than 4 of any item, I'll sell off the surplus. Sometimes that comes out to several hundred to close to a thousand dollars by the time I sell off all the overstock. ;)

The one must have is the metal detector. As soon as you hit level 5 and can buy one, get it ASAP.

• Like 1