4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Online Q&A

djb204

ALifeOfMisery
Just now, Vitalize said:

If you already have the UE stuff in online, i don't think so. But for story, that's another question

Not concerned about Story.

A mate of mine has got a new puppy, he's got a work thing tomorrow night, I offered to dog sit (mostly to get away from my crazy ass wife, pregnancy really is a beautiful time 😂), thought I'd get a few uninterrupted RDO hours in but I can't really be arsed taking my PS4 to his place, even though that's probably what I'll probably end up doing, just in case.

Thanks for the reply though dude.

• Like 2

The only horse I have right now is the one they gave this week for free but the problem is that whenever I start one of those "A Land of opportunities" missions instead of the fancy free horse I have to use the default one you have to use when all your horses are dead.

How can I solve this?

Edited by Lexiture

ALifeOfMisery
12 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

The only horse I have right now is the one they gave this week for free but the problem is that whenever I start one of those "A Land of opportunities" missions instead of the fancy free horse I have to use the default one you have to use when all your horses are dead.

How can I solve this?

Hit left on D-pad, go to the stables option, you can select your default horse for freeroam, missions, competitive and race.

Make sure your horse is selected in each category and hopefully it should help.

11 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Hit left on D-pad, go to the stables option, you can select your default horse for freeroam, missions, competitive and race.

Make sure your horse is selected in each category and hopefully it should help.

Thank you so much, I'm relatively new to online.

• Like 1

The Shakermaker

What does "eyes wide shut" mean? 

Kept appearing after kills with a bow.

ALifeOfMisery
7 minutes ago, The Shakermaker said:

What does "eyes wide shut" mean? 

Kept appearing after kills with a bow.

Isn't it the XP bonus for getting a kill without using L2 to aim?

• Like 1

TheLordMarvel

Is it possible to make an American Standardbred have similar, if not better; stats than a Level 4 bonded Turkoman with a special saddle applied? I've got expensive stirrups and a special saddle on the AS horse, but the stats aren't anywhere near the Turkoman's.

I really do like my Turkoman, but I do miss riding an all black Horsey. It fits my style better. Lol

2 hours ago, TheLordMarvel said:

Is it possible to make an American Standardbred have similar, if not better; stats than a Level 4 bonded Turkoman with a special saddle applied?

No, speed and acceleration max out at two bars above stock for any horse. The stamina and health ring only go up so far based on bonding level. Saddles and stirrups  only affect  core drain and regen rate. 

• Like 1

Commander S
On 5/19/2019 at 9:05 PM, Mach1bud said:

I didn't know that the whistle had any bearing at all on the voice of the character tbh.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, Foxwolfe said:

Yeah the pitch you pick unfortunately seems to effect the overall voice such as when you're doing stuff like "Yah!" at the horse while making it ride faster for example. My dude sounds like he jumped out of an anime with his high pitched voice lol.

Decided to bite the bullet, and do it the manual, boring way - fortunately, I've memorised my character settings, and it's not like I had any progress to lose, either.

The main thing is that it's just really f***ing tedious, sitting through the intro each time (I'm just pulling up YouTube videos while I wait... :p) - and the only way to hear pretty much everything is to get as far as the first gang hideout with the treasure map (so a good 30 minutes or so to do the whole process). But that way, you can test out the main vocal 'barks': the "yah!" or "git!" stuff when you make your horse go faster, reactions when you get shot (the gang at the hideout have rubbish aim, and their bullets do squat, so it's easy enough to test), and screaming when falling off stuff (just climb up some rocks near the camp, and hurl yourself off! :colgate:).

Tested 2 and 5 so far - 2 is a bit too harsh, 5 sounds a bit 'flighty' (although it's more the vocal tone I want). That, and I reckon the optimal 'audio quality' settings are '25' (halfway - there are 50 d-pad tap increments on the slider) for pitch (because everything else is just pitch-adjusted from whatever the original sample is), and '50' for clarity (because you can't make a breathy sample clearer as easily as adding an effect to a clear recording, so I'm presuming full clarity is the basic sample).

Just 1, 3 and 4 to go, then (:sui:) - not sure if I'll do all of them for completeness' sake, or just keep going until one ticks all the boxes for what I'd prefer. But since it took GTAO three years to get a 'change appearance' option (that costs $100,000 in-game funbucks), I might as well take the time to get it right now... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

I have picked this list from R* website, it shows all the ranks in RDO with the xp value needed.

In order to figure out how much XP you need to level up, you take the XP value of your current rank and subtract it from the XP value of the rank you want to achieve.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/btqr8d/red_dead_online_xp_needed_for_all_ranks/

Example: I'm rank 33 right now, first of all I have to figure out how much XP I have, and RDO Socialclub page tells you that. (Or simply figure it out from RDO "Player" menu)

4450 - 3764 = 686

Take xp value for rank 34, and subtract it

97550 - 686 = 96864

Now subtract the result from any rank you want, say rank 60

222025 - 96864 = 125161

Now my question is what's the best way to earn XP and how much XP would I earn from playing it ?

If we say there's a mission or free roam event that always gives 200 xp, then I'll have to do it 626 times in order to reach level 60.

Edited by Fun 2

17 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Now my question is what's the best way to earn XP and how much XP would I earn from playing it ?

If we say there's a mission or free roam event that always gives 200 xp, then I'll have to do it 626 times in order to reach level 60.

I still think stranger missions pay the most, some over 400 xp. The only downside is completing it right before the timer runs out for max xp. You'd be lucky to get maybe 5 done in an hour.

PvP isn't bad, but you need to place in the top, otherwise it's not great. Paying attention to awards is good xp. There's a bunch of easy one time only and you get 500 xp.

Chunkey_Monkey
6 hours ago, Hetraet said:

Are there Carolina Parakeets in online? 

Not come across any 

LooseCanon

I was just doing a mission and a girl on a horse appeared next to me I looked as I thought it strange as I’d not seen a female noc in horseback before.

they then shot me, they were not showing on my map and if I pointed my gun at them it was just a white dot, I killed them with dynamite and it showed a player name.

Is that someone in defensive mode?

ALifeOfMisery

@LooseCanon I had a similar thing happen yesterday. I was defending a campsite, no player blips near by, all of a sudden my horse goes down and a bright red blip fades in on the minimap, they had come out of nowhere, off map, and shot my horse.

I killed them and they stayed away, but they literally appeared out of nowhere, almost as if they spawned into the lobby in the campsite I was defending.

Chunkey_Monkey
43 minutes ago, LooseCanon said:

I was just doing a mission and a girl on a horse appeared next to me I looked as I thought it strange as I’d not seen a female noc in horseback before.

they then shot me, they were not showing on my map and if I pointed my gun at them it was just a white dot, I killed them with dynamite and it showed a player name.

Is that someone in defensive mode?

Thats one of those little side missions, usually you help her out and take her somewhere but one or two times they are baddies and you get a handful of extra enemy npc come at you as well. 

Don Maximus Meridius

Can you have 2 maps from the same treasure hunt? I'm accumulating a lot of maps, saving for some rockstar bonus week that boosts them.

LooseCanon
3 minutes ago, Don Maximus Meridius said:

Can you have 2 maps from the same treasure hunt? I'm accumulating a lot of maps, saving for some rockstar bonus week that boosts them.

Yes you can.

16 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Thats one of those little side missions, usually you help her out and take her somewhere but one or two times they are baddies and you get a handful of extra enemy npc come at you as well. 

I was doing a mission for Alden I think and it was definitely a fellow player.

• Like 1

Excuse me if I’m late to the party; are there new freeroam missions since this last update?

Admittedly, I shelved this game for a month (boredom and I had work), but after doing the new Adler mission today, I paid a visit to Flaco. Instead of the same ones I used to do for him, I had a “destroy supplies” mission on some NPCs. 

If so, that is pretty nice. 

Edited by PetrolCB

4eyedcoupe
9 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Excuse me if I’m late to the party; are there new freeroam missions since this last update?

Admittedly, I shelved this game for a month (boredom and I had work), but after doing the new Adler mission today, I paid a visit to Flaco. Instead of the same ones I used to do for him, I had a “destroy supplies” mission on some NPCs. 

If so, that is pretty nice. 

Yes, "Destroy Supplies" is new and there are a few variations of it. Also "Jail Break" is new and quite fun.  There are 3 that I have found so far and I accidentally found a solo loby glitch durring one of them by complete accident that I kept my account in for 15 hours and could invite friends.    

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

Commander S
On 5/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, Commander S said:

Tested 2 and 5 so far - 2 is a bit too harsh, 5 sounds a bit 'flighty' (although it's more the vocal tone I want). That, and I reckon the optimal 'audio quality' settings are '25' (halfway - there are 50 d-pad tap increments on the slider) for pitch (because everything else is just pitch-adjusted from whatever the original sample is), and '50' for clarity (because you can't make a breathy sample clearer as easily as adding an effect to a clear recording, so I'm presuming full clarity is the basic sample).

Quick update, and I've got two theories, after testing all five whistle styles:

1. There are two voice styles ('harsh' and 'flighty') - 1 and 5 are flighty, 2/3/4 are harsh.

2. There are two voice styles, and it's random which one you get.

As for whistle clarity, I've gone with 25 for that, because listening closely, they all sound kinda artificial - but you get extra breathy effects at lower levels, and a kind of auto-tune sound if you strip it back entirely (i.e., turn it up to full clarity). Meh - I just settled on 'default = natural', and it works well enough, and that's as best as I can get with everything being so opaque in the creator.

Oh, and clarity only affects the whistle itself - not sure if pitch affects voice (didn't mess with it), but I've tried full and medium clarity, and the vocal barks sound the same regardless.

• Like 2

LooseCanon

I’m trying to redo a story mission,, I press X it starts to load then says there is to much activity in the area or something, no matter where I stand, in town or in the middle of nowhere.

Im trying from progress then story missions.

Is it bugged or am I doing it wrong?

Partajeesus

So I guess I completed all the good moral story missions today. The last one was destroyed by grief.

Will the bad moral missions appear to the mission list if I just pay 3 gold bars to flip my moral?

Edited by Partajeesus

LooseCanon

Yes they will.

and Jones will post your wanted picture in every town.

7 hours ago, LooseCanon said:

I’m trying to redo a story mission,, I press X it starts to load then says there is to much activity in the area or something, no matter where I stand, in town or in the middle of nowhere.

Im trying from progress then story missions.

Is it bugged or am I doing it wrong?

Have the same bug. Changing sessions doesn't fix it, but if I try to load other mission (from the older ones), it seems to work. So it could be a problem with these new missions they've added.

IDknKoL.gif

The Shakermaker

What exactly is a Tillman hat? 

Does anyone wear one or seen anyone with one?  

4eyedcoupe

Any one come across other players that are completely off the radar?  I ran into a group over the weekend that were not appearing on our minimaps when they were right in front of my face.  One of them seemed to be going in and out of defensive like it was nothing.  I accidentally double tapped the share button so it started to record instead of saving the video, but I have a small clip showing them off the radar.  When questioned, the one player gave the usual cheater excuse, "The game must be broke, I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened somehow".  I couldn't find anything on the other sight about an off the radar glitch.