Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Drug Wars
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Forum Support

    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Online Q&A


djb204
 Share

Recommended Posts

Commander S

Anyone know if someone's compiled a video of the various whistle/voice combos for characters?

 

Sunk cost fallacy's kicking in, and I figure I might as well give the game a punt - but I'm loathe to create a character, make a guess with the whistle style, sit through the intro, get around hearing the various character barks, realise I've picked the wrong thing, and then have to do it again (possibly another four times)... :sui:

 

So yeah, if someone's already done a guide on what affects what, or what each option sounds like, that'd be good to have, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Commander S said:

Anyone know if someone's compiled a video of the various whistle/voice combos for characters?

 

Sunk cost fallacy's kicking in, and I figure I might as well give the game a punt - but I'm loathe to create a character, make a guess with the whistle style, sit through the intro, get around hearing the various character barks, realise I've picked the wrong thing, and then have to do it again (possibly another four times)... :sui:

 

So yeah, if someone's already done a guide on what affects what, or what each option sounds like, that'd be good to have, thanks!

I didn't know that the whistle had any bearing at all on the voice of the character tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the pitch you pick unfortunately seems to effect the overall voice such as when you're doing stuff like "Yah!" at the horse while making it ride faster for example. My dude sounds like he jumped out of an anime with his high pitched voice lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Commander S
3 hours ago, Foxwolfe said:

Yeah the pitch you pick unfortunately seems to effect the overall voice such as when you're doing stuff like "Yah!" at the horse while making it ride faster for example. My dude sounds like he jumped out of an anime with his high pitched voice lol.


Exactly - it's like Monster Hunter's voice options, combined with also being able to adjust the pitch (and clarity), similar to Saints Row.

 

The problem is that while whistles and voices are all linked (so there's a corresponding voice style for each whistle option), you can only preview the whistle - so the only way to know which voice style goes with which whistle (and how they all sound) is to create a character, test out the vocal 'barks', remake your character, do it again, and so on for all of them. :facedesk:

 

Ideally, someone might have made a guide - either that, or it might be possible to crowdsource the info by finding footage of people creating characters and starting the game (assuming there are samples out there for every whistle style).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly! Made me think of MonHun as well but as you said you can't preview the voice only the whistle. Which at the time I obviously had no idea one effected the other and now I'm not too big on my dudes voice lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chunkey_Monkey

Can any confirm if buying the upgrade pamphlet for hunting bait does they work like story mode or are they waste of time as the basic standards one are 

 

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dedito Gae

Is the feee 15 gold  still on?

Made a character on an alt account and i got it, but i made another on a different one and i didnt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Deadite said:

Is the feee 15 gold  still on?

Made a character on an alt account and i got it, but i made another on a different one and i didnt.

Yes, as long as you play this week i believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dedito Gae

I instantly got it with my other character and barely played with him though, not to mention the free gold message is not on the start up screen...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Q: did everyone in fact have a big fat disgusting beard in the old west?

Or is the excessive number of face shrubberies influented by the hipsters of 2019?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy Hunter
16 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Q: did everyone in fact have a big fat disgusting beard in the old west?

Or is the excessive number of face shrubberies influented by the hipsters of 2019?

Excuse me?

 

pStd9Bn.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Excuse me?

 

pStd9Bn.jpg

Exactly^

That's what 70% of you look like

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IamCourtney

There're only three types of person in RDO:

 

- Hirsute hobos 

- Clint Eastwood cosplayers 

- 1970s country singers in pristine black and/or white stage costumes

Edited by IamCourtney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

There're only three types of person in RDO:

 

- Hirsute hobos 

- Clint Eastwood cosplayers 

- 1970s country singers in pristine black and/or white stage costumes

Lol that's pretty accurate. Guess I'm no. 2

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WHY WONT IT LET ME IIIN SADDIIIIEEEE'S CABIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BUT THE BENZ

someone pls tell me, exactly WHAT option in the controls I have to tweak in order to: move/aim faster when I look through a scope!?

it seems really slow, it's fine when I aim without scope. but when I look through the lens, aiming/moving is super slow.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Shakermaker

Is there a compiled list of what prices the butcher gives you for your pelts, carcasses etc?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vitalize said:

WHY WONT IT LET ME IIIN SADDIIIIEEEE'S CABIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN

You have to wait for a bit, or enter free roam again. Worked for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So on the gun from gtao is it free or do I have to pay $190 for it? 

I see it on that store front but I thought it was supposed to be free?

 

I think I unlocked it on gtao 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BUT THE BENZ
31 minutes ago, The Shakermaker said:

Is there a compiled list of what prices the butcher gives you for your pelts, carcasses etc?

 

scroll a bit down in that thread. there's a fella who posted a self-made a list. very helpful

 

Edited by BUT THE BENZ
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, deadx23 said:

So on the gun from gtao is it free or do I have to pay $190 for it? 

I see it on that store front but I thought it was supposed to be free?

 

I think I unlocked it on gtao 

Sry I'm pretty sure that the High Roller was only free in the early beta days.

But it isn't very good.

You're better off buying a double action and upgrade it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every player trying to get into Sadie's house this week

 

srJBcOa.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BUT THE BENZ
4 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

someone pls tell me, exactly WHAT option in the controls I have to tweak in order to: move/aim faster when I look through a scope!?

it seems really slow, it's fine when I aim without scope. but when I look through the lens, aiming/moving is super slow.

Do you know what I mean? I think there is an option for that, aiming sensitivity, but there's multiple choices and I haven't found the right one yet. I mean, there is an option effecting and allowing you to aim around faster when looking through a scope, isn't there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I mean, there is an option effecting and allowing you to aim around faster when looking through a scope, isn't there?

No. Sensitivity and acceleration only affect third person. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone get the custom waypoint posse racing to work? Mine keeps saying that the race cannot end at that location, no matter where I set the waypoint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RaigeGames
20 hours ago, deadx23 said:

So on the gun from gtao is it free or do I have to pay $190 for it? 

I see it on that store front but I thought it was supposed to be free?

 

I think I unlocked it on gtao 

 

19 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Sry I'm pretty sure that the High Roller was only free in the early beta days.

But it isn't very good.

You're better off buying a double action and upgrade it

The gun we unlocked from GTAO is the gold double action, not the high roller. And it is only free for single player, not online 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dr.Rosenthal

Has anyone else noticed that the music during interfering with another player's Stranger Mission is extremely loud since the update? Could be the same for Gang Hideouts and events of the like, when the "action" music kicks in.

 

My ears started bleeding from it and it drowned everything else out including party chat, so I had to play around with the music volume settings, only to find that afterwards the ambient music was really really low. I think I kept it at 75% and felt quite happy with it. Overall the volume settings in this game are weird. I have to completely change the mixing in party chat when I switch over to RDO from GTAO (RDO generally has much lower volume than GTAO).

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ALifeOfMisery

Noobish question. I have the UE, if I sign into my PSN account on a friend's PS4, who has the standard edition, will I need to download the game again, just the SE & UE content or will I be good to go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever been attacked by coyotes? 

In RDR they used to gang up on you when you were on foot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Noobish question. I have the UE, if I sign into my PSN account on a friend's PS4, who has the standard edition, will I need to download the game again, just the SE & UE content or will I be good to go?

If you already have the UE stuff in online, i don't think so. But for story, that's another question

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.