Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Red Dead Online Q&A

Recommended Posts

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ektope said:

With Landon's Patience III.

Yeah, forgot about that. 

 

Someone slowly sniping from horseback with that ability set and special ammo will really pack a punch.

 

Edit: Maybe even Focus Fire III too? It would be a niche ability set, but devastating in the hands of a methodical long range player.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
clinical oppression

Has anyone ever gotten more than 2 feathers off a loon ?  I've killed dozens and always 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
•—•
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Yeah, forgot about that. 

 

Someone slowly sniping from horseback with that ability set and special ammo will really pack a punch.

 

Edit: Maybe even Focus Fire III too? It would be a niche ability set, but devastating in the hands of a methodical long range player.

Focus Fire III + Horseman III + Landon's Patience III + Peak Condition III with Rolling Block Express Ammo is one shot. I've already tested it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot
1 hour ago, clinical oppression said:

Has anyone ever gotten more than 2 feathers off a loon ?  I've killed dozens and always 2 

you use varmint rifle or small game arrows ? Loons should perfectly be killed with small game I believe, it then should give you 3 feathers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
clinical oppression
7 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

you use varmint rifle or small game arrows ? Loons should perfectly be killed with small game I believe, it then should give you 3 feathers.

I figured as much ,  I still haven't hit aNY flying bird with a bow and arrow yet ... only tried a handful of times though , not sure if small game arrows will make any difference on that front . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, clinical oppression said:

I figured as much ,  I still haven't hit aNY flying bird with a bow and arrow yet ... only tried a handful of times though , not sure if small game arrows will make any difference on that front . 

They do, a kill with the right weapon will always give you perfect quality and most yield. Example; if you shoot a rabit with a varmint it will be 3 stars even though sometimes the rabbit was just 1 or 2. That's if you haven't hit them several times or messed up the pelt for whatever reason. Btw you should try to get them small arrow kills even tho they are sometimes harder to get. If all else fails just dead eye them small birds and use some ability like paint em black, there is even an award and buckle for it as far as I know.

 

Edit: Get higher ground on birds where they pass by "low" it is easier to get them than sitting from horseback or else. I do that with crows a lot.

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
2 hours ago, clinical oppression said:

I figured as much ,  I still haven't hit aNY flying bird with a bow and arrow yet ... only tried a handful of times though , not sure if small game arrows will make any difference on that front . 

In the story mission 'where your morals lead you' equip a bow and ride straight to manzanita (sp) post. There's usually an eagle, sometimes an eagle and a hawk on top of the entrance. It'll fly away as you arrive. Everytime I can, I kill it with my bow.

couple eagle feathers to add a few extra dollary-doo's to my earnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rebel-yin

Has there always been a fast travel in Ambarino just northwest of Cairn Lake (stranger mission location)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoop_Leroy
19 minutes ago, freeluv21 said:

Has there always been a fast travel in Ambarino just northwest of Cairn Lake (stranger mission location)?

Yup...I usually spawn into this location when I select Ambarino from the menu, and spend $5 to fast travel to Van Horn or Saint Denis to hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoop_Leroy

Can someone verify that split point ammo "uses less of your Dead Eye meter?"  I've tested a full dead eye ring with a stopwatch and different ammo and they all seem to last the same (about 30 seconds).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
36 minutes ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

Can someone verify that split point ammo "uses less of your Dead Eye meter?"  I've tested a full dead eye ring with a stopwatch and different ammo and they all seem to last the same (about 30 seconds).

Think you're the only person testing this. I'm curious how much time Unblinking Eye adds as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shane_Dbns

What's the fastest giant horse I can buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1898
1 hour ago, Shane_Dbns said:

What's the fastest giant horse I can buy?

The Thoroughbred isn't giant like the Shire but they're pretty big and a very good horse IMO. I have one as well as 2 Warhorses, he will never be sold.

Edited by 1898

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
1 hour ago, 1898 said:

The Thoroughbred isn't giant like the Shire but they're pretty big and a very good horse IMO. I have one as well as 2 Warhorses, he will never be sold.

I loved the thoroughbred in SP and used one I found in the wild for most of it.  I bought one for online, but it hasn't been the same love.  Fully bonded, yet he seems really skidish, kind of like the arabian...more than it ever was in SP.  I was wondering if it is a bug?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
•—•
19 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

All I can think is there's some kind of powerful card/ability? There are a lot of cards I guess - probably a lot of good ones that aren't well known.

 

Could be a glitch though, or lag. I might start playing around with different cards some time, see if there are any good ones.

Apparently, Focus Fire III + Necessity Breeds III + Landon's Patience III + Peak Condition III with Springfield Express Ammo is also one shot. I only just found that yesterday.

 

And shooting the center body mass on upper chest does more damage than shooting the head of Slow and Steady user. How did I know this? I tried the same cards above with Rolling Block Express on Slow and Steady III head and it took off around 80% to 90% HP off. But when I shot their upper chest against Slow and Steady III Dead Eye, they died instantly in one shot.

 

So if we were using Lancaster against Slow and Steady III players, we should just shoot their chest and rapid fire spam them till they drop.

Edited by Ektope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
15 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

I loved the thoroughbred in SP and used one I found in the wild for most of it.  I bought one for online, but it hasn't been the same love.  Fully bonded, yet he seems really skidish, kind of like the arabian...more than it ever was in SP.  I was wondering if it is a bug?    

I've been using the free Thoroughbred in online since launch. Mine hasn't been skittish as such, fully bonded he'll stand his ground against a pair of wolves, but my god, the amount of noise he makes just walking around is unreal. 

 

Going as slowly as possible through the snow he brays like a mother f*cker.

 

I'm waiting until I unlock the Tiger Striped Bay Mustang before I replace my Thoroughbred, I just hope the Mustang is quieter.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I've been using the free Thoroughbred in online since launch. Mine hasn't been skittish as such, fully bonded he'll stand his ground against a pair of wolves, but my god, the amount of noise he makes just walking around is unreal. 

 

Going as slowly as possible through the snow he brays like a mother f*cker.

 

I'm waiting until I unlock the Tiger Striped Bay Mustang until I replace my Thoroughbred, I just hope the Mustang is quieter.

I bought mine, I didn't get one for free, maybe that is the difference?  But I also have the bug where my bonding keeps saying level one, I assumed we all get that.  I am waiting for the dark bay turkoman, It really was the best of both war/race for me anyway. Overall, the thoroughbred has been a good horse, and he does make a decent amount of noise so maybe I'm just confusing his fuss for being skiddish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1898
5 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

I bought mine, I didn't get one for free, maybe that is the difference?  But I also have the bug where my bonding keeps saying level one, I assumed we all get that.  I am waiting for the dark bay turkoman, It really was the best of both war/race for me anyway. Overall, the thoroughbred has been a good horse, and he does make a decent amount of noise so maybe I'm just confusing his fuss for being skiddish.  

I also got mine for free but I have the same bonding issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
9 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

I bought mine, I didn't get one for free, maybe that is the difference?  But I also have the bug where my bonding keeps saying level one, I assumed we all get that.  I am waiting for the dark bay turkoman, It really was the best of both war/race for me anyway. Overall, the thoroughbred has been a good horse, and he does make a decent amount of noise so maybe I'm just confusing his fuss for being skiddish.  

Yeah, I get the level one bonding bug too, I think if it's not affecting everyone it's certainly affecting a large proportion of players.

 

I'll be getting a Turkoman myself, but I don't think I can last that extra 10 or 12 levels, compared to the Mustang, with the Thoroughbred scaring off any animals I can't snipe at long range.

 

Mine can be skittish, a large wolf pack, cougar, bear etc and he'll buck me. But it's mostly the constant noise that's started to get on my nerves.

 

I'm not a fan of incremental upgrades, but if anyone can recommend a horse that I can buy at level 33 that will keep quiet in the snow at walking pace I'll seriously consider buying one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
18 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I've been using the free Thoroughbred

 

3 minutes ago, 1898 said:

I also got mine for free 

Is this an Ultimate Edition thing? I bought the Special Edition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1898
1 minute ago, Jlindstead said:

 

Is this an Ultimate Edition thing? I bought the Special Edition

I bought the ultimate so it could be. Also got a free Arabian but he's gone.

Edited by 1898

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
6 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

 

Is this an Ultimate Edition thing? I bought the Special Edition

It's either a UE or PS4 bonus, honestly couldn't say which without checking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe

...

Edited by Jlindstead
found what I needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
On 1/10/2019 at 12:36 AM, ThaBirdCoot said:

you use varmint rifle or small game arrows ? Loons should perfectly be killed with small game I believe, it then should give you 3 feathers.

You can only get 3 feathers if you use small game arrows. But it‘s nearly impossinle to hit them in flight cause they fly so high. But you‘ll see them sitting on the surface in calm water sometimes, that‘s when you gotta hit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShift

The easiest way to get the buckle for shooting a bird in flight

Is to just walk up to a shore line where birds are present whip out the bow..aim and you will spook them and they will take off...catch them mid launch(I recommend the swamp,some birds are bigger there) 

 

I found it really hard to just shoot one out of the sky because of arrow drop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DrKrankenstein

So, the double action revolver, why isn't there an option to make it gold? i was looking for a way to get that one from gta( i have it in story), but there is no option at the gunsmith to make it gold, or even add the pearl grip.

 

is this deliberate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
22 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

It's either a UE or PS4 bonus, honestly couldn't say which without checking.

It must be Ultimate, I'm on PS4 with Special Edition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

Anyone know of a thread on here, or a guide to using cold weather outfits? Or piecing together an outfit that’s guaranteed to work?

 

I want one but I don’t want to waste money if it’s not working. I’m rank 45 btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jstev4610
5 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Anyone know of a thread on here, or a guide to using cold weather outfits? Or piecing together an outfit that’s guaranteed to work?

 

I want one but I don’t want to waste money if it’s not working. I’m rank 45 btw.

wool shirt, outdoorsman vest and sheepskin coat.  I don't know if the vest is necessary, but that's my cold weather outfit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal
1 hour ago, jstev4610 said:

wool shirt, outdoorsman vest and sheepskin coat.  I don't know if the vest is necessary, but that's my cold weather outfit.  

 

Thanks! I'm not sure I can get all that at rank 45, but I'm going to check later when I get on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.