4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Red Dead Online Q&A

Ryan5252
6 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Sprint? Why not two horses? A stolen one. Or cart.

They only work sometimes. Constantly despawing. Might work somewhere without predators but around gator land they need to be tethered or they get spooked so you need to find something suitable relatively near to where the kill is. 

4eyedcoupe
1 minute ago, Ryan5252 said:

They only work sometimes. Constantly despawing. 

This ^ I gave up on a second horse because this happens.  I wish it was like single player where you could bond with a secondary horse.  I always traveled in SP with 2 horses. 

ThaBirdCoot

Do poison arrows make the meat unusable ? Never used them, not in sp either

Scuba 21
6 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

No meat is not affected.

The 2 star cougar I killed dropped to 1 star with pelt/carcass but still gave 2 big game meat that could be cooked or sold at normal value.

Ryan5252
28 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

It says in the pamphlet not to get the meat mixed up and not to eat meat killed with poison arrow. Means absolutely nothing though as I never had a problem.

ThaBirdCoot
4 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

It says in the pamphlet not to get the meat mixed up and not to eat meat killed with poison arrow. Means absolutely nothing though as I never had a problem.

That's why I was wondering. Case of R* logic here lol

Pocket Fox

Aside from a cosmetic change, what's the point of more expensive wood grains on guns? (Not varnishes, but grains)

BUT THE BENZ

when people see that fresh grain on your tools, they'll run off and not even think of giving you a hard time.

yeah, it's just for looks, and not really worth it in my opinion, the varnishing does the job alright!

Pocket Fox

Is there a weapon that can get a one shot kill at range, without it being a headshot?

Got killed instantly at range tonight 3 times, by someone who fired once, killed me instantly. My hat perk didn't block it, if it was a headshot.

Ektope
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Is there a weapon that can get a one shot kill at range, without it being a headshot?

Got killed instantly at range tonight 3 times, by someone who fired once, killed me instantly. My hat perk didn't block it, if it was a headshot.

Rolling Block.

Springfield Express ammo with Focus Fire III + Horseman III + Landon's Patience III + Peak Condition III takes off around 90% health bar off a level 10 health bar. So that isn't one shot. Unless the guy that attacks you, has level 9 or under health bar.

But otherwise, express explosives will be one shot. Even on slow and steady III. Fire and dynamite arrows as well.

When you die, you don't have to respawn immediately. It should say what weapon you got killed by. I check that when I got killed suspiciously.

Edited by Ektope

Pocket Fox

They were on foot, didnt see a dead eye icon.

one shot, insta kill. all 3 times.

i was 100% hp with my hat. it was in free roam.

Ektope
18 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Then express explosives. It wouldn't matter which weapon they used. As long as it was a rifle or repeater for easy auto aim.

Stretch188

Question:

Is it possible to put multiple engravings of different colors on the same gun?

Id like to do nickel on the frame and blue steel on the barrel and cylinder, but im worried ill just erase the nickel engravings

RayD70
On 1/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, Pocket Fox said:

I posted this over in the B&M thread. Maybe you had something similar happening?

7 hours ago, RayD70 said:

I don't want to alarm anyone about this, and I'm not quite certain what, exactly, happened myself. But I had a very strange bug tonight.

It started while I was hunting birds. They were often shrugging off my varmint rifle shots, usually one, but a few birds even tanked 2 shots. No. Range wasn't an issue. It happened enough that I remarked to a friend that it felt like they nerfed it (queue rant). But he was having no issues. A gang hideout spawned, so off I go to attack it. Same.  Thing. I was missing shots I had no business missing, or what seemed like a clear head shot didn't kill the NPC. Not always, but enough to be irritating. This went on for an hour or so.

Then some lower levels attacked us in St. Denis.

I have 4 tier 3 cards. Among them, Never Without One and Slow and Steady. I aim - deadeye - BAM! I get one shotted in the head by a friggin Varmint rifle from a level 10. While wearing my hat. WTF? Respawn, kill a few, and it happens again! Full Health. Hat on. Deadeye. One shot kill to the head with a varmint.

My first thought was there must be some new exploit/glitch I don't know about. Someone's cheating. Then the missing shots and failing to kill birds in one shot occurred to me. So my accuracy was off (not really needed with a snap shot varmint on birds anyway, but it was happening just the same). It was as if my ability cards weren't working at all, and the game thought I was a level 1 - lesser aim and all. Nothing leveled up.

I basically had the player version of the horse bonding glitch.

Changing sessions fixed everything. Maybe it as a one off thing. We'll see it it repeats, or if anyone else describes something similar. I have no idea what could have triggered it. Maybe I'll never see it again.

But if you suddenly feel like your shots aren't working like they should, have a friend try to kill you. If he can too easily, you may be affected too.

Chrismads

Whats the best spot for picking indian tobacco? 

Is there a way to send a message without sending a friend request? At least the way I'm doing it forces you.

4eyedcoupe
4 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Is there a way to send a message without sending a friend request? At least the way I'm doing it forces you.

There is currently no in game messaging like GTA had with the phones, so right now the only way to send a msg is through PS or Xbox.  Not sure about xbox, but on PSN people can set it to not receive messages from strangers, that could be why you are being forced to send a friend request.

Stretch188
46 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Whats the best spot for picking indian tobacco? 

I find the area in between flatneck station and valentine to be pretty good, especially that cliff overlooking the dakota river

DentureDynamite

I've unlocked the horsemanship gun belt for dual guns (quite a while ago actually), but how do you equip it so that dual weapons show up in your weapon wheel?

Ektope
6 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

I've unlocked the horsemanship gun belt for dual guns (quite a while ago actually), but how do you equip it so that dual weapons show up in your weapon wheel?

You need the holster and another side arm.

4eyedcoupe
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

Wardrobe after you purchase it

Edited by Jlindstead

DLKnives
3 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

You can equip the guns at the gunsmith.

Pocket Fox
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RayD70 said:

I posted this over in the B&M thread. Maybe you had something similar happening?

I feel it may have.

I was in the finale mission (where your hat dont work) so I changed that card out for another. During the final battle I opened up abilities, and swapped cards back. When I finished, I was in the end cutscene. 

Out in free roam I had my hat ability and could see it highlighted that it was working. Still, I got one shotted, 3 times. Each shot was high, not a rando body shot. I didn't notice any explosion or ragdoll or anything.

Potentially the game had said, yep you have this ability card equipped...but no, it's not 100% active.

4 hours ago, DLKnives said:

You can equip the guns at the gunsmith.

Or in clothes stores, or general stores with a wardrobe in the back. This wardrobe can often simply be the back door to leave the place as is in Tumbleweed.  (Edit: This is for gun BELTS)

The actual pistols/revolvers need to be equipped from your horse or gunsmith.

Edited by Pocket Fox

DLKnives
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

Or in clothes stores, or general stores with a wardrobe in the back. This wardrobe can often simply be the back door to leave the place as is in Tumbleweed.

I did not know that!

Zoop_Leroy

Is it possible to craft potent horse stimulant online?  I see it locked in the crafting menu even though I'm carrying the necessary herbs (sage and bulrush), but the pamphlet is unavailable for purchase. 

Pocket Fox
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DLKnives said:

I did not know that!

I screwed it up. I thought you meant equipping the gun BELT. Which is a clothing item.

The actual pistols need to be equipped from your horse or gunsmith.

1 hour ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

Is it possible to craft potent horse stimulant online?  I see it locked in the crafting menu even though I'm carrying the necessary herbs (sage and bulrush), but the pamphlet is unavailable for purchase. 

You need to reach the rank required, purchase the pamphlet, then open satchel, documents, recipe/pamphlets and read it. Then you can craft it.

Edited by Pocket Fox

Happy Hunter
On 1/7/2019 at 1:00 PM, Pocket Fox said:

All I can think is there's some kind of powerful card/ability? There are a lot of cards I guess - probably a lot of good ones that aren't well known.

Could be a glitch though, or lag. I might start playing around with different cards some time, see if there are any good ones.

Scuba 21

Rifle with Express rounds

Plus on horse damage increase

Plus stamina over 75% damage increase

Its doable

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scuba 21 said:

Rifle with Express rounds

Plus on horse damage increase

Plus stamina over 75% damage increase

Its doable

Yeah if it wasn't an explosive round my initial thought was Rolling Block + Express rounds + Horseman III + Peak Condition III.

Still, without it being a headshot something doesn't quite add up.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Ektope
2 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Yeah if it wasn't an explosive round my initial thought was Rolling Block + Express rounds + Horseman III + Peak Condition III.

Still, without it being a headshot something doesn't quite add up.

With Landon's Patience III.