3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Red Dead Online Q&A

clinical oppression

1. Does anyone know if there is a limit to resettable awards ?  I think someone somewhere said it was 10 resets . 

2. How do I access stirrups and saddlebags for the horse . Under tack all I can change is the saddle . Are those options only available when buying a  new horse? 

DLKnives

1) I believe it is 10

2) Stirrups are under clothing in the store. You should be able to click on a saddle to access blankets, saddlebags and bedrolls.

BUT THE BENZ

the rolling block rifle comes with a medium scope at purchase. the long scope is 100 $ and I guess worth it, BUT, doesn't ´accuracy or range increase with a longer scope? because the stats don't change at all if you change the scopes?!

ALSO: for the gunbelts and holsters, do you unlock new colors as you rank up? right now the embossed gunslinger belt comes in 4 colors, at least to me (rank 21) but there is no fitting embossed holster for it, just 4 different color schemes, and really none would fit the belt...so, do I get more colors down the road for those, just like on shirts?!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

4eyedcoupe
On 12/29/2018 at 4:38 PM, clinical oppression said:

2. How do I access stirrups and saddlebags for the horse . Under tack all I can change is the saddle . Are those options only available when buying a  new horse? 

Stirrups and saddlebags are upgrades to each saddle, you have to look under your up gradable saddles like DLKnives said

23 hours ago, DLKnives said:

2) Stirrups are under clothing in the store. 

I think you are thinking of spurs

Edited by Jlindstead

DLKnives

You're right :)

4eyedcoupe
44 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

the rolling block rifle comes with a medium scope at purchase. the long scope is 100 $ and I guess worth it, BUT, doesn't ´accuracy or range increase with a longer scope? because the stats don't change at all if you change the scopes?!

ALSO: for the gunbelts and holsters, do you unlock new colors as you rank up? right now the embossed gunslinger belt comes in 4 colors, at least to me (rank 21) but there is no fitting embossed holster for it, just 4 different color schemes, and really none would fit the belt...so, do I get more colors down the road for those, just like on shirts?!

I don't think the longer or shorter scopes make a difference in range or accuracy, seems to be only cosmetic and I'm pretty sure it was the same in SP(I always stuck with the short).  I'm only a rank 39, but I have not noticed any color changes/unlocks on gunbelts or any other clothing for that matter.  I've actually been hoping new colors will come available in future DLC's soon.

BUT THE BENZ

good to know, thanks

btw the long scope's not just a cosmetic feature since you can see further with it

but yeah the rifling adds actual range/accuracy

4eyedcoupe
8 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

good to know, thanks

btw the long scope's not just a cosmetic feature since you can see further with it

but yeah the rifling adds actual range/accuracy

Ahhh, That makes sense, now I see. That's good to know.  THANKS!

ThaBirdCoot

Question for the fishers out there; Are there any fishing spots along Hawk Eye Creek ? Havent found something yet, perhaps it is too narrow a river ?

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Danish Crusader

Does having more stable slots cost more in daily fees?

I am too tired to look through the entire thread to see if it has been asked before and I already googled and found nothing, sooooo 😃

4eyedcoupe
26 minutes ago, Danish Crusader said:

I am too tired to look through the entire thread to see if it has been asked before and I already googled and found nothing, sooooo 😃

I can't say for sure because I have only paid for one so far...BUT logic says the more stables you own, the higher cost for upkeep, I mean it's the R# way.  

Pocket Fox
48 minutes ago, Danish Crusader said:

No.

You only pay additional upkeep for more horses, not stables.

I own 5 stables and 4 horses. I pay iirc $3 per day.

I think it goes

-75c

-$1.50

-$2.25

-$3

- (Unknown) assume $3.75

4eyedcoupe

Soooo, you're saying I should discard the horse you get in the very beginning??  

21 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

No.

I think it goes

-75c

-$1.50

-$2.25

-$3

- (Unknown) assume $3.75

DLKnives
13 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

Soooo, you're saying I should discard the horse you get in the very beginning??  

Oh man I got rid of him long ago and have since discarded another horse so I could upgrade. 

I think maybe you were kidding. :)

rebel-yin
Posted (edited)

One of the things you unlock around 44-45 is The Hettinger. Does anyone know what the hell thats supposed to be? If I remember right the emblem is a stack of clothes with a star over it? There’s actually quite a few things I’ve unlocked that I still have no clue as to what they represent 

Edited by freeluv21

Danish Crusader
9 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

No.

I think it goes

-75c

-$1.50

-$2.25

-$3

- (Unknown) assume $3.75

Thank you kindly 😃

ThaBirdCoot
53 minutes ago, freeluv21 said:

One of the things you unlock around 44-45 is The Hettinger. Does anyone know what the hell thats supposed to be? If I remember right the emblem is a stack of clothes with a star over it? There’s actually quite a few things I’ve unlocked that I still have no clue as to what they represent 

If I am not mistaken the Hettinger is an outfit, check your catalogue

DrKrankenstein
10 hours ago, Danish Crusader said:

75 cents per stall, so with 2 you''ll pay 1.50 each time

Dr.Rosenthal

What’s with all the flying boats?

Mad-Monkey_1st
3 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

What’s with all the flying boats?

Saw them last night all over the place 

4eyedcoupe
14 hours ago, DLKnives said:

Oh man I got rid of him long ago and have since discarded another horse so I could upgrade. 

I think maybe you were kidding. :)

No actually I wasn't.  I'm on PS4 so I obviously got the free Arabian, I rode my little pony until I unlocked the thoroughbred.  But after looking last night, I did discard the original horse, most likely when I purchased the thoroughbred.  I think I'll hold onto the Arabian for now since I have no aspirations to purchasing the white or black just in case I need it.  Horse races I guess?  I haven't done one yet, maybe I should try that tonight.   

Chrismads
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jlindstead said:

No actually I wasn't.  I'm on PS4 so I obviously got the free Arabian, I rode my little pony until I unlocked the thoroughbred.  But after looking last night, I did discard the original horse, most likely when I purchased the thoroughbred.  I think I'll hold onto the Arabian for now since I have no aspirations to purchasing the white or black just in case I need it.  Horse races I guess?  I haven't done one yet, maybe I should try that tonight.   

Red Arabian is a poor race horse. Thoroughbred has alot more speed and I think same acceleration. Thats brindle thoroughbred. The other ones are crap.

Edit. Thats if they fixed horse speed i mean. Otherwise you might as well just use a high stamina work horse

Edited by Chrismads

Midyin84

I’m gonna go ahead and try to ignore the A-holes that were whining like babies about my thread offending their delicate little eyes. 

Seriously, people like them turn communities and fandoms into completely toxic and unwelcoming cesspools. The fact that my thread was closed rather than a Mod step in and ask people to behave civil isn’t a good sign. It may be too late for this community. Lol 

(I wander if they’re Steven Universe fans. I have some Fan art for them if. ROFL)

anyway, @ Skuba 21 & Pro24. If you see this, i’m The one that was talking about my characters face being all f*cked up when I logged back in. Apparently, we have to tippy toe around so as not to trigger the Dwight Skrutes and Sheldon Coopers of the Internet, so i’ll Answer your questions here.

Nope, I hadn’t been to a barber. I was planning to, just because I wasn’t a huge fan of the default hair styles in the character creator, but I honestly just hadn’t made it there yet. 

Miketv

Are the carcano and semi auto shotgun worth it? They are the only weapons left for me to buy, but i remember buying the Litchfield and regretting it, i thought it was better because it's more expensive. So are they good? PvP and all?

Chrismads
3 hours ago, Miketv said:

Are the carcano and semi auto shotgun worth it? They are the only weapons left for me to buy, but i remember buying the Litchfield and regretting it, i thought it was better because it's more expensive. So are they good? PvP and all?

Carcano is scope only. So no its not worth it, its sh*t for pvp. Ok for hunting i guess.

Litchfield = sh*t pvp and pve

Dunno about semi auto shotgun. Sounds good on paper, but not wild west enough for me personally.

jstev4610
13 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Carcano is scope only. So no its not worth it, its sh*t for pvp. Ok for hunting i guess.

It is?  I did not know this, was going to be a purchase but this kills it.  I'll stick with my bolt action.  

DentureDynamite
Posted (edited)

Are players actually

1 hour ago, Chrismads said:

Litchfield = sh*t pvp and pve

Dunno about semi auto shotgun. Sounds good on paper, but not wild west enough for me personally.

Re: Semi-auto shotgun: Was very good in Single Player; if it's the same in Online, it's worth buying--I'll be buying one as soon as I get to rank 42.

Not sure how it compares to the Repeating Shotgun, but both the Pump and Repeating are (IMO) solid guns and excellent for close-quarters combat... even some mid-range too.

The sound effects are excellent, and nothing compares to blowing an NPC "lawman" off a ladder with one of them, or stopping a cougar or wolf dead in their tracks. Very satisfying use of in-game physics. :)

My question:  Am I right in assuming that, when crouching, your dot disappears off the radar, but still leaves your dot on the map?

Edited by DentureDynamite

Chrismads
20 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

My question:  Am I right in assuming that, when crouching, your dot disappears off the radar, but still leaves your dot on the map?

Only tested in free roam with a friend. And the dot is always there, crouching or not, sadly.

28 minutes ago, jstev4610 said:

It is?  I did not know this, was going to be a purchase but this kills it.  I'll stick with my bolt action.  

Bolt action with scope is the boss for long range pvp if you ask me. Springfield is the best for hunting.

Callahan44
2 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Only tested in free roam with a friend. And the dot is always there, crouching or not, sadly.

Bolt action with scope is the boss for long range pvp if you ask me. Springfield is the best for hunting.

Why is springfield better for hunting? Bolt action can kill every animal with 1 shot. 

Chrismads
8 minutes ago, Callahan44 said:

Why is springfield better for hunting? Bolt action can kill every animal with 1 shot. 

In my experience springfield gets 1 shot kills easier. I know it depends on where you hit, but springfield seems more forgiving when you're shooting at that fleeing 3-star buck. This might just be in my head ^ but i'm 100% certain i get more instant kills with springfield, where I would get 'dark red crosshair' with the bolt action. Think its the lung shots that is insta kill with springfield and not bolt