1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ghostsoap01

Is there an invite only / solo session option?

Satanta

Going to keep an eye on this.  Have zero interest in playing with "Whomever" is on the Map.  Did that in RDR1 and ended up meeting some people where we all went Private to play.

ShadowlessDevil

We seem to be forgetting that this is still BETA and It's most likely sure that Rockstar will keep updating the online 

R3CON

The lack of this option and/or passive mode is one of the main reasons why I don't play this game Online. 

I highly doubt Rockstar will add this in after the fact. We lack these options by design.

Edited by R3CON

ghostsoap01

What makes me skeptical is the way they talk in their pr posts. They almost seem to purposefully exclude any mention of it despite how highly requested it is.

Jedster
43 minutes ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

We seem to be forgetting that this is still BETA and It's most likely sure that Rockstar will keep updating the online 

We ain't forgetting anything, we can see that it's still "BETA" everywhere we look in RDO, but it seems that R* forgot it's still BETA with MTX going live... I guess so many people sent the "We need micro transactions in game Right now!!" feedback that they absolutely had to start selling them as soon as possible, amirite?

It's more than two weeks after online lunch and we don't even have free aim severs, let alone PvE. We are basically fixing the game for them and they didn't even acknowledge this issue yet. They "fixed" economy and gifted some gold bars to everyone just so we shout up about micro transactions nobody asked for...

I am sick of this BETA excuse ppl are using to defend this mess...

ShadowlessDevil
2 minutes ago, Jedster said:

We ain't forgetting anything, we can see that it's still "BETA" everywhere we look in RDO, but it seems that R* forgot it's still BETA with MTX going live... I guess so many people sent the "We need micro transactions in game Right now!!" feedback that they absolutely had to start selling them as soon as possible, amirite?

It's more than two weeks after online lunch and we don't even have free aim severs, let alone PvE. We are basically fixing the game for them and they didn't even acknowledge this issue yet. They "fixed" economy and gifted some gold bars to everyone just so we shout up about micro transactions nobody asked for...

I am sick of this BETA excuse ppl are using to defend this mess...

I'm not defending this "mess" as you call it.  all I'm saying you can't expect everything to be ready and glitch free on day 1...Have you ever worked in the gaming industry before? If you did, you'd know that they can't pull fixes out of their asses. How do you know what fixes they are working on at the moment?  again, it's called BETA for a reason :)

Jedster
45 minutes ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

I'm not defending this "mess" as you call it.  all I'm saying you can't expect everything to be ready and glitch free on day 1...Have you ever worked in the gaming industry before? If you did, you'd know that they can't pull fixes out of their asses. How do you know what fixes they are working on at the moment?  again, it's called BETA for a reason :)

Didn't mean it against you, I don't expect it to be bugfree or anything like that, but the problem is that R* didn't even mentioned any coming server options or basically anything else besides the economy changes. But when it comes to micro transactions going live,  no problem there... Seems that when it's about the money, real or ingame,  R* is quick with a solution, but everything else just doesn't matter... Only thing I want to know are the server options - yes or no. Simple as that... 

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, Jedster said:

Only thing I want to know are the server options - yes or no. Simple as that... 

This.

Judging by comments here, on Reddit and across social media, lobby options, whether it be Free Aim, Friendly, Hardcore or Invite Only, have been highly requested.

R* were quick off the mark when announcing the economy rebalancing, I see no reason why R* can't address the player base regarding such a highly requested feature.

Lobby options either aren't coming or R* doesn't want to tell us when they are and what the lobby types will be.

I, and I'm sure many other players waiting for some lobby options, would rather know what, if anything, is coming.

I'm not planning on giving RDO an indefinite amount of time without at least getting some news regarding lobby types, and if I do leave the game, there's no guarantee I'll come back should the requested features get implemented further down the line.

Hunterrrr
6 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

This.

Judging by comments here, on Reddit and across social media, lobby options, whether it be Free Aim, Friendly, Hardcore or Invite Only, have been highly requested.

R* were quick off the mark when announcing the economy rebalancing, I see no reason why R* can't address the player base regarding such a highly requested feature.

Lobby options either aren't coming or R* doesn't want to tell us when they are and what the lobby types will be.

I, and I'm sure many other players waiting for some lobby options, would rather know what, if anything, is coming.

I'm not planning on giving RDO an indefinite amount of time without at least getting some news regarding lobby types, and if I do leave the game, there's no guarantee I'll come back should the requested features get implemented further down the line.

Yes, just tell us if they're coming. 

I actually asked R* directly if they were coming in a support ticket. Mandi K (Customer Service Rep) told me they were already in the game, then she replied and whoops no they aren't. Then they just dodged it and tried to send me to connectivity troubleshooting FAQs. 

Typical R* customer service. 

Pocket Fox

I see no point in buying any gold bars if there isn't going to be friendly/private/invite only lobbies.

If I can't play the game and enjoy the gameplay loops without franky five-year old interrupting every 5 seconds to try and sneak in a cheap kill, I ain't playin and I ain't PAYIN!

ShadowlessDevil

I don't know it happened, but yesterday I was alone in a public lobby. Did plenty of missions for strangers and made some good money 

Bakkerbaard
On 12/17/2018 at 4:55 PM, Jedster said:

It's more than two weeks after online lunch

Some type-o's are the best.

Two weeks after online lunch and we're hungry for private sessions!

Hunterrrr

Seems that the stranger mission trick was patched. I have always been able to get in solos after doing stranger missions with cutscenes. 

Did one tonight, was alone for the cutscene. Trown back into populated lobby after the mission was over. 

Now i can't play at all. At least with the stranger mission trick, I could play some. 

After some testing, I can confirm that it no longer works for me. I did three different stranger missions, all with cutscenes, sent back into large lobby every time. 

Bull**** Rockstar. 

Edited by Hunterrrr

redrum187x

Need invite lobbies for crew events, I think if enough noise is made on the issue then they’ll end up giving us the option, or they just might not give a f*ck😂

areyouchappin

I don't want separate lobbies, I prefer to play with as many players as possible but I understand that players should get to decide whether they want invite/private or public sessions.

Griefing annoys me sometimes, but honestly it doesn't make me so mad that I don't want to play public anymore. I enjoy the thrill of Red Dead Online, knowing that anyone can become an ally or an enemy at any moment. I just want some sort of indication that players are good or bad, something like the Mental State from GTA5.

ALifeOfMisery

If you have two consoles you can get private lobbies. Not ideal by any means, but it can be done.

Dlow-1962
On 12/17/2018 at 12:31 PM, Pocket Fox said:

I see no point in buying any gold bars if there isn't going to be friendly/private/invite only lobbies.

If I can't play the game and enjoy the gameplay loops without franky five-year old interrupting every 5 seconds to try and sneak in a cheap kill, I ain't playin and I ain't PAYIN!

I agree why buy gold bars to put up with cheap killing kids...........I know we are still in Beta ......all that is left for me at the moment is doing the stranger missions over and over  which is boring as hell  i check my progress it says online story 75% complete, but i have no markers showing anything left unless they unlock and higher ranks, i am rank 21......so i hunt and hunt then hunt some more.........then hope i can make it to the butcher for a sale.

I have went back to story mode to complete all the side missions etc,    

Ektope
6 minutes ago, Dlow-1962 said:

I agree why buy gold bars to put up with cheap killing kids...........I know we are still in Beta ......all that is left for me at the moment is doing the stranger missions over and over  which is boring as hell  i check my progress it says online story 75% complete, but i have no markers showing anything left unless they unlock and higher ranks, i am rank 21......so i hunt and hunt then hunt some more.........then hope i can make it to the butcher for a sale.

You need dishonourable status then the last two missions are unlocked for 100% completion.

Pocket Fox
5 minutes ago, Dlow-1962 said:

If you went max honour you need to do the negative honour missions and vice versa if you went minimum honour, you need to do the max honour missions.

To reduce honour, kill police in St Denis. To max it, ehh do the early missions and hope your team select the honourable choice. Or pat/brush your horse a lot.

NT2YIELD

It was definitely leaked early on that private and PVE lobbies would be made available. It's true that 1) they could've scrapped it or 2) it could've been bad info in the first place but I'm not giving up hope. The whole purpose of the Beta is to catch bugs, share ideas, and make sure their servers can handle it all. It wouldn't help them very much if half of us opted to just use private lobbies, so in my mind it makes perfect sense for them to force us all public. 

It's also not a priority because you have all the PVE you want in story mode.

Edited by NT2YIELD

Bakkerbaard
6 hours ago, NT2YIELD said:

It's also not a priority because you have all the PVE you want in story mode.

While this is true, Story mode does not allow me to go hunting with a buddy. And Charles is no option because he's not gonna go "I know, right!" when one of us complains about work.

Tha-Jamz

Mkay, i remebered that ive read something a while ago before Red Dead Redemption 2 came out about private sessions...

And ive found it again !

This was in a article about certain command lines in the ingame files.

Seamless PvE Coming To Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Mode

This is what was found:

_ZN11uiBootstrap27InitializeForRockstarEditorEv
PARAM_netScPrivateSession 0000000002B9A950
PARAM_netScSeamlessPvE 0000000002BEA8AC

Now look at the 2nd line... ;)

Article: https://segmentnext.com/2018/10/28/red-dead-redemption-2-online-pve/

I still got my hopes up for private sessions.

NT2YIELD
2 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

While this is true, Story mode does not allow me to go hunting with a buddy. And Charles is no option because he's not gonna go "I know, right!" when one of us complains about work.

Haha, I can’t argue with that, it’s a fair point. 

Like I said, I’m not giving up hope, that would be excellent 

1 hour ago, Tha-Jamz said:

_ZN11uiBootstrap27InitializeForRockstarEditorEv

PARAM_netScPrivateSession 0000000002B9A950
PARAM_netScSeamlessPvE 0000000002BEA8AC

I still got my hopes up for private sessions.

Yes! That’s what I read too.

At the end of the day, GTA has it, RDR (the first) has it, and I don’t see them dropping it now. Just have to be patient.

Personally I’ve stopped playing until it’s finished. It’s great and all but all the wondering and worrying about what it’ll be like when the Beta’s over  is just stress I don’t need. I’m sure it’ll be fine when it’s done

Edited by NT2YIELD

Dlow-1962
On 12/19/2018 at 6:21 AM, Ektope said:

You need dishonourable status then the last two missions are unlocked for 100% completion.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:21 AM, Pocket Fox said:

If you went max honour you need to do the negative honour missions and vice versa if you went minimum honour, you need to do the max honour missions.

To reduce honour, kill police in St Denis. To max it, ehh do the early missions and hope your team select the honourable choice. Or pat/brush your horse a lot.

Thanks for the Info, Looks like i am headed down the dishonorable path lol