1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ghostsoap01

Is there an invite only / solo session option?

TheSwede
34 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

Well not exactly. Your "wilderness camp" is the same, but you are forced into setting up a Camp, like the one the gang has. It cost a dollar a day, and, for me at least, randomly moves around the map after cutscenes/loading.

Oh. Well, it doesn’t really matter which camp that cost $$$ to set up. It’s still retarded. I would be ok with spending ~50$ to buy the “wilderness camp”. ONCE. But daily cost on a camp is stupid

Sir Golden Gecko
1 hour ago, fryday said:

that sounds disappointing...is there even a chance for peaceful hunting, fishing etc in this warzone?

and somebody already tried the mtu public solo method? :D

I'm fairly sure we were told that this game was going to have dedicated servers. If this turned out to be true, no wonder you're unable to do public solo lobbies.

Spider-Vice

The GTA Online private beta also did not have private lobbies. I'm thinking they might still be added.

Also, no one said RDO would have dedicated servers. They're just using a new cloud system. Dedicated servers also allow for invite only lobbies...

Smokewood
37 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Going to lunch.

Hope to have a newswire update when I get back.

lol, I made this post, closed the browser, logged out from work and boom - twitter notification of the newswire.

ghostsoap01
Just now, Smokewood said:

lol, I made this post, closed the browser, logged out from work and boom - twitter notification of the newswire.

Can you do it again? however, this time, have solo lobbies implemented when you log back in 😛.

ghostsoap01

So to those of you playing - How bad is it in the public lobbies? Does the lack of Deluxos and Oppressor MKII's make it any less anxiety-inducing to play than a public gta session? Are you still constantly having to watch your back, or worry while in a store that your purchasing will be interrupted by a griefer?

Edited by ghostsoap01

Rykjeklut
21 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

So to those of you playing - How bad is it in the public lobbies? Does the lack of Deluxos and Oppressor MKII's make it any less anxiety-inducing to play than a public gta session? Are you still constantly having to watch your back, or worry while in a store that your purchasing will be interrupted by a griefer?

Towns are pretty much Eclipse Towers.

Tried to play and explore the areas for the past hour and the grief-fest is real already. Can't move around for a minute or there is some idiot hurrying at you with guns blazing. Towns are a f*cking pest to be in, worse than downtown LS. Got corpse camped by 3 rank 10 players, while being rank 5 myself. Urgh! 

I sure hope they's start testing with solo and invite only real soon, because I feel very little for a GTAO pubic session on horseback. Couldn't be bothered with it in GTAO, can't be in RDO either. 

psymin

I played for about an hour and a half with some other members of PBMO today, and it was pretty peaceful... New Austin is the place to be...  we were the only posse (of 3) in our lobby... strength in numbers I suppose.

hopefully the option of peaceful or solo lobbies is an option later but who knows... 

the online game feels way more survival-y than SP.  I like it.

2 hours ago, ghostsoap01 said:

it's not hard to get you off your horse and you respawn without your horse in sight. It either got spooked and ran a mile, or it's just not there. Once you're on foot, you're canon fodder, sitting duck, whatever. When a posse griefs you, there is nothing much to do but logging off and re-enter a session. 

Early on there were nice players around, greeting you back and riding with you during explorations a bit. In the evening it's no good out there. 

10 minutes ago, psymin said:

I played for about an hour and a half with some other members of PBMO today, and it was pretty peaceful... New Austin is the place to be...  we were the only posse (of 3) in our lobby... strength in numbers I suppose.

hopefully the option of peaceful or solo lobbies is an option later but who knows... 

the online game feels way more survival-y than SP.  I like it.

The lobby I was in just yet wasn't peaceful. I really don't get why players have to grief others during a beta already. Everyone wants to try stuff out, see how things differ from Story mode and all and just get a feel of their character a bit. if that's what the Online game is going to be, another PvP sh*tfest, I'm sure to skip on it entirely. Solo and Invite only sessions were the thing that saved GTAO as a game for me. 

And with the dots all clear on the map, you don't need to do much to find someone to groupgrief either. 

TwistedMedia

I was in a session and went past quite a few players without any trouble.. I did see there was a group of people having a shootout in a town, but I just stayed away from them and they didn't come after me.

A lot of horror stories reading through this though.. makes me think I'm not gonna want to play online much

Pocket Fox

Unless there's private/solo/co-op servers - I'm out. Not even GTAO day one was this much of a dickhead fest.

ivarblaauw

Most players are kind and just pass you by. However I also came across a posse which was camping around an after mission spawn location. Killed me 4 times, until I got my shotgun and shot three of them and escaped. Wasn't really fun, since the first two times I wasn't even able to take my gun out of my holster before I got shot through the head. 

PvE lobbies are needed asap. 

JayJay77

I'm hoping for invite only lobbies, and also for non-weaponized races.

I played a few races, such a f*ckin disappointment !!!

It's even worse than GTA races. Everyone shooting, pushing at you, hitting... No more for me in public lobbies !

I don't even see where you can host a game...

Malekoth

This is in incredibly disappointing. I was planning on trying online out tonight. As in, trying to play and not worrying about asshats griefing me. I do not dislike pvp, but this does not sound fun. Invite only/posse/friends sessions are mandatory in my opinion. I can't see online lasting without it.

youwillfearme

I really hope Rockstar gives us a invite only option because some of us just want to play coop.

Edited by youwillfearme

ghostsoap01

So I was playing this morning, managed to get a session on my own! However, it was too good to be true, and my game crashed. Restarted the application, loaded into a session where I was spawn-killed.

On the bright side, people can't kill your horse while you are in stores (they might still be able to kill you in the store, not sure about that); and most people I met in my current session haven't really tried to cause mayhem.

SingingTrout85

If they made a PvE Lobby, it could send the Law and Bounty Hunters if someone kills you.

They wouldn't stop either until you paid your bounty (even if killed), or surrendered and were captured (which would take more money due to the conflict, and your weapons).

Meaning, even people who joined such a Lobby just to grief that, would quickly have their hands full until disarmed, or they gave up and left.

Heck, they might end up ignoring other players because they're involved in PvE themselves.

Perfect time for such a test, it being a beta and all, so here's hoping.

Seems like a good idea to me anyway.

Shooting, but not killing someone shouldn't mess you up though, 'cause accidents do happen.

jimmylh

I can confirm the Lag switch method of getting a solo public session, does not work on Xbox one as it did with GTA5. No more online for me until unless they get an invite only option.

DexMacLeod

The "Test NAT Type" trick seems to be working for me on Xbox. Just load into a public session then go to Network in your Xbox's settings and select Test NAT Type. Go back into Red Dead and you should be in your own session. I've only tried it the once so far but it seems to be working just as it did in GTA Online. Been alone about an hour or so now.

The one drawback in GTA though was that it was always hard to connect with friends after doing this. Haven't tried with Red Dead yet.

Pepperjack
On 11/27/2018 at 12:36 PM, Jason said:

Yea it seems like the people saying there is was misinformation. Sounds like it's not in.

I've also heard passive mode is in which could help but again, yet to see proof of that. Wish people would screenshot stuff man.

The only form of passive there is... Is parlay. A player kills you about 4 or 5 times then you have the option to parlay with them making you undamagable by that player for 10 minutes

Bakkerbaard

Well, the fact that I'm reading this thread instead of playing the game I've been itching for all day at work says enough, I suppose.

The consesus around the web seems to be that there are no forms of private sessions so the servers will be properly stress tested. 

I myself am also being stress tested.

The only way they're gonna keep me in a public sessions is if it means I'll find Gavin. Other than that I don't want humans around. Humans are dicks.

Edited by Bakkerbaard

The N. Bellic Man

I managed pick those 25 herbs (Picked to perfection achievement) and do a courier mission without being killed. Other than that it was pretty much a kill/grief fest. Especially near towns. Some races were kind of nice though.

TrueGamerOpinion
10 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Well, the fact that I'm reading this thread instead of playing the game I've been itching for all day at work says enough, I suppose.

The consesus around the web seems to be that there are no forms of private sessions so the servers will be properly stress tested. 

I myself am also being stress tested.

The only way they're gonna keep my in a public sessions is if it means I'll find Gavin. Other than that I don't want humans around. Humans are dicks.

Yes there is no private servers right now but when Beta form is finished i think most likely we will see it. Also, its a pretty bare bones beta nothing to do really after you do half the story missions the beta is literally a network streas test which is fine seeing as the game sold so many copies the servs have to hand a half million people lol.

Lonely-Martin

GET ME AWAY FROM THESE FREE AIM PLAYERS!!!

Elitist bunch!

sodoff

I was expecting the worst from my fellow travellers today. Did a Mission, went for a long ride, hung about in Blackwater with a bunch of dudes rushing about. Nobody messed with me and one guy even said howdy. Only grief was the disconnects, but hey, it's Beta, nwm.

Don Johan

Do a stranger mission or two at max and you will be in your own session. :)

Bakkerbaard
On 11/29/2018 at 3:11 PM, TrueGamerOpinion said:

Yes there is no private servers right now but when Beta form is finished i think most likely we will see it. Also, its a pretty bare bones beta nothing to do really after you do half the story missions the beta is literally a network streas test which is fine seeing as the game sold so many copies the servs have to hand a half million people lol.

Yeah, I'm guessing so as well.

Haven't been shot once today though. Well, not when I wasn't supposed to get shot anyway.

Bare bones it is, but I can appreciate a good solid testing.

Any idea how long betas usually run for?

TrueGamerOpinion
18 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

Yeah, I'm guessing so as well.

Haven't been shot once today though. Well, not when I wasn't supposed to get shot anyway.

Bare bones it is, but I can appreciate a good solid testing.

Any idea how long betas usually run for?

Hmm a traditional beta this is not but typically most betas last from a week to a month, unless its a free to play game or something. I think this may be a beta for a couple months though to smooth out bugs, glitches, and exploits. If they keep adding content at least every week or every other 4 days or so that should be sufficient in content as long patching the atrocious hitboxes and hit-detection.