Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

ghostsoap01

Is there an invite only / solo session option?

Recommended Posts

ghostsoap01

Ultimate Edition owners, have you noticed if there is an option for invite only or solo sessions? Or, since its in beta, is that option not yet available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
47 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Ultimate Edition owners, have you noticed if there is an option for invite only or solo sessions? Or, since its in beta, is that option not yet available?

I would like to know this too. Downloading update right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Priyantha1

I couldnt find it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ace Degenerate

I wasn't able to find it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

I've heard there is from people but I've not seen actual proof of it yet as I don't own the Ult Edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Haven't found the option in the menu yet, but sure would appreciate it. Last session I entered was a kill-fest in Valentine. Pink dots zooming at you when you are peacefully roaming the lands, trying to get you into a fight. 

I did accidently got involved in a fight. I killed a few NPC's at their camp and another player ran up and looted my killed corpses. So I punched him to show him to go kill his own. it was a fair fistfight I won, resulting in being griefed and killed several times from a distance. 

If this is what it will be, well, I'll wait for Invite Only and solo sessions to go live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01
21 minutes ago, McGhee said:

Haven't found the option in the menu yet, but sure would appreciate it. Last session I entered was a kill-fest in Valentine. Pink dots zooming at you when you are peacefully roaming the lands, trying to get you into a fight. 

I did accidently got involved in a fight. I killed a few NPC's at their camp and another player ran up and looted my killed corpses. So I punched him to show him to go kill his own. it was a fair fistfight I won, resulting in being griefed and killed several times from a distance. 

If this is what it will be, well, I'll wait for Invite Only and solo sessions to go live. 

... That doesn't sound promising 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Yea it seems like the people saying there is was misinformation. Sounds like it's not in.

 

I've also heard passive mode is in which could help but again, yet to see proof of that. Wish people would screenshot stuff man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yea it seems like the people saying there is was misinformation. Sounds like it's not in.

 

I've also heard passive mode is in which could help but again, yet to see proof of that. Wish people would screenshot stuff man.

 

You can raise a white flag at your camp and be save from other players there. But that doesn't seem to be the case when you exit your camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
37 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've heard there is from people but I've not seen actual proof of it yet as I don't own the Ult Edition.

It's key for me. If I could get on, I'd know asap. Grrr!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood

Need a newswire update to know if all content is available or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dieseltech20

Public sessions only according to my friends that are playing it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut

No Solo, no Invite Only. And no Passive except from in your camp, which randomly moves around the map,and costs $1 a day.

We'll see. As it is I have no interest in playing anymore.

 

I had hopes for RDO, maybe the playerbase would be different from the preteen c*nts on GTAO,but so far no.

Edited by Rykjeklut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
God-eater
2 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

No Solo, no Invite Only. And no Passive except from in your camp, which randomly moves around the map,and costs $1 a day.

We'll see. As it is I have no interest in playing anymore.

 

I had hopes for RDO, maybe the playerbase would be different from the preteen c*nts on GTAO,but so far no.

That is... intensely disappointing. Was really looking forward to RDO, but if the only way I can play is as a forced resident of Griefertown, then I'm out. Just no interest in having to keep my guard up every single second I'm in the game. I just want to do my thing without kiddies constantly kicking down my sand castles...

 

Sigh... Oh, R*, why must you always choose the sh*ttiest road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

I'm so disappointed in the lack of lobby options (so far, hopefully). Public only, free aim and auto aim all bundled in together.

 

Unsatisfactory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut
1 minute ago, God-eater said:

That is... intensely disappointing. Was really looking forward to RDO, but if the only way I can play is as a forced resident of Griefertown, then I'm out. Just no interest in having to keep my guard up every single second I'm in the game. I just want to do my thing without kiddies constantly kicking down my sand castles...

 

Sigh... Oh, R*, why must you always choose the sh*ttiest road?

You and me both buddy.

The towns are pretty much Eclipse Towers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Uugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LunaticPandora
16 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

No Solo, no Invite Only. And no Passive except from in your camp, which randomly moves around the map,and costs $1 a day.

We'll see. As it is I have no interest in playing anymore.

 

I had hopes for RDO, maybe the playerbase would be different from the preteen c*nts on GTAO,but so far no.

I would say all this is because its basically a beta until Friday when everyone can join, but knowing R* I wouldn't be surprised if nothing changes come Friday and there really are no private/solo sessions. Although given GTAO, I can only wonder what their reasoning for this is.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thompsson
8 minutes ago, God-eater said:

That is... intensely disappointing. Was really looking forward to RDO, but if the only way I can play is as a forced resident of Griefertown, then I'm out. Just no interest in having to keep my guard up every single second I'm in the game. I just want to do my thing without kiddies constantly kicking down my sand castles...

 

Sigh... Oh, R*, why must you always choose the sh*ttiest road?

Same here. Really disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday

that sounds disappointing...is there even a chance for peaceful hunting, fishing etc in this warzone?

 

and somebody already tried the mtu public solo method? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSwede
24 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

No Solo, no Invite Only. And no Passive except from in your camp, which randomly moves around the map,and costs $1 a day.

We'll see. As it is I have no interest in playing anymore.

 

I had hopes for RDO, maybe the playerbase would be different from the preteen c*nts on GTAO,but so far no.

What!? So we have to pay 1$/day to set up a tent in the middle of a forest/desert/whatever? I never had an issue with R* regarding GTAO, byt they just turned into C* for me if that’s true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rykjeklut
Just now, TheSwede said:

What!? So we have to pay 1$/day to set up a tent in the middle of a forest/desert/whatever? I never had an issue with R* regarding GTAO, byt they just turned into C* for me if that’s true. 

Well not exactly. Your "wilderness camp" is the same, but you are forced into setting up a Camp, like the one the gang has. It cost a dollar a day, and, for me at least, randomly moves around the map after cutscenes/loading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
19 minutes ago, LunaticPandora said:

I would say all this is because its basically a beta until Friday when everyone can join, but knowing R* I wouldn't be surprised if nothing changes come Friday and there really are no private/solo sessions. Although given GTAO, I can only wonder what their reasoning for this is.....

Again, until we have a newswire update explaining the features of the game, we are left blind.

For all we know PvE lobbies are just unavailable at the moment.

We need a newswire update....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I give them the favour of the doubt in this stage. Yeah yeah, it's a beta after all. And looks to be one indeed. Day #1 doesn't end well for the Beta access day. I tried finding positive things, but lacked. Character customisation at this stage is pretty bad. My vintage mr Potatohead has more options. 

But, I am hoping this is all a very limited version of character customising and more a test on the freeroam missions. Did one mandatory one and it was actually rather smooth, until the end. Online wouldn't load anymore, so I had to close and reload the game. Beta..., granted bug. 

 

If the Live online version sees no Solo or Invite Only sessions, which they will according to several news channels, Online is not gonna see much McGhee in there. I'll be eagerly looking out for patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
10 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Again, until we have a newswire update explaining the features of the game, we are left blind.

For all we know PvE lobbies are just unavailable at the moment.

We need a newswire update....

Genuinely hope you're right. We will have to wait and see.

 

But if what we have now is the extent of our options, of which we have precisely none, my interest in RDO will quickly die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watain

I also haven't managed to find any other session options than the default public one. Haven't engaged in any PvP yet, but I saw bunch of players that seemed to let all hell break loose in Saint Denis. I just felt like ... staying away.

 

As a whole I am pretty disappointed about the entire Online portion so far. Right now I just feel like waiting until they fix more session options and exit the beta phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood

Going to lunch.

Hope to have a newswire update when I get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.