1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ghostsoap01

Is there an invite only / solo session option?

ghostsoap01

Ultimate Edition owners, have you noticed if there is an option for invite only or solo sessions? Or, since its in beta, is that option not yet available?

djb204
47 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Ultimate Edition owners, have you noticed if there is an option for invite only or solo sessions? Or, since its in beta, is that option not yet available?

I would like to know this too. Downloading update right now.

Priyantha1

I couldnt find it... 

Ace Degenerate

I wasn't able to find it either.

Jason

I've heard there is from people but I've not seen actual proof of it yet as I don't own the Ult Edition.

Haven't found the option in the menu yet, but sure would appreciate it. Last session I entered was a kill-fest in Valentine. Pink dots zooming at you when you are peacefully roaming the lands, trying to get you into a fight. 

I did accidently got involved in a fight. I killed a few NPC's at their camp and another player ran up and looted my killed corpses. So I punched him to show him to go kill his own. it was a fair fistfight I won, resulting in being griefed and killed several times from a distance. 

If this is what it will be, well, I'll wait for Invite Only and solo sessions to go live. 

ghostsoap01
21 minutes ago, McGhee said:

Haven't found the option in the menu yet, but sure would appreciate it. Last session I entered was a kill-fest in Valentine. Pink dots zooming at you when you are peacefully roaming the lands, trying to get you into a fight. 

I did accidently got involved in a fight. I killed a few NPC's at their camp and another player ran up and looted my killed corpses. So I punched him to show him to go kill his own. it was a fair fistfight I won, resulting in being griefed and killed several times from a distance. 

If this is what it will be, well, I'll wait for Invite Only and solo sessions to go live. 

... That doesn't sound promising 😞

Jason

Yea it seems like the people saying there is was misinformation. Sounds like it's not in.

I've also heard passive mode is in which could help but again, yet to see proof of that. Wish people would screenshot stuff man.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yea it seems like the people saying there is was misinformation. Sounds like it's not in.

I've also heard passive mode is in which could help but again, yet to see proof of that. Wish people would screenshot stuff man.

You can raise a white flag at your camp and be save from other players there. But that doesn't seem to be the case when you exit your camp.

Lonely-Martin
37 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've heard there is from people but I've not seen actual proof of it yet as I don't own the Ult Edition.

It's key for me. If I could get on, I'd know asap. Grrr!

Smokewood

Need a newswire update to know if all content is available or not.

dieseltech20

Public sessions only according to my friends that are playing it.

Rykjeklut

No Solo, no Invite Only. And no Passive except from in your camp, which randomly moves around the map,and costs $1 a day.

We'll see. As it is I have no interest in playing anymore.

I had hopes for RDO, maybe the playerbase would be different from the preteen c*nts on GTAO,but so far no.

Edited by Rykjeklut

God-eater
2 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

No Solo, no Invite Only. And no Passive except from in your camp, which randomly moves around the map,and costs $1 a day.

I had hopes for RDO, maybe the playerbase would be different from the preteen c*nts on GTAO,but so far no.

That is... intensely disappointing. Was really looking forward to RDO, but if the only way I can play is as a forced resident of Griefertown, then I'm out. Just no interest in having to keep my guard up every single second I'm in the game. I just want to do my thing without kiddies constantly kicking down my sand castles...

Sigh... Oh, R*, why must you always choose the sh*ttiest road?

ALifeOfMisery

I'm so disappointed in the lack of lobby options (so far, hopefully). Public only, free aim and auto aim all bundled in together.

Unsatisfactory.

Rykjeklut
1 minute ago, God-eater said:

That is... intensely disappointing. Was really looking forward to RDO, but if the only way I can play is as a forced resident of Griefertown, then I'm out. Just no interest in having to keep my guard up every single second I'm in the game. I just want to do my thing without kiddies constantly kicking down my sand castles...

You and me both buddy.

The towns are pretty much Eclipse Towers.

Lonely-Martin

Uugh!

LunaticPandora
16 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

I would say all this is because its basically a beta until Friday when everyone can join, but knowing R* I wouldn't be surprised if nothing changes come Friday and there really are no private/solo sessions. Although given GTAO, I can only wonder what their reasoning for this is.....

Thompsson
8 minutes ago, God-eater said:

Same here. Really disappointing.

fryday

that sounds disappointing...is there even a chance for peaceful hunting, fishing etc in this warzone?

and somebody already tried the mtu public solo method? :D

TheSwede
24 minutes ago, Rykjeklut said:

What!? So we have to pay 1$/day to set up a tent in the middle of a forest/desert/whatever? I never had an issue with R* regarding GTAO, byt they just turned into C* for me if that’s true. 

Rykjeklut
Just now, TheSwede said:

What!? So we have to pay 1$/day to set up a tent in the middle of a forest/desert/whatever? I never had an issue with R* regarding GTAO, byt they just turned into C* for me if that’s true. 

Well not exactly. Your "wilderness camp" is the same, but you are forced into setting up a Camp, like the one the gang has. It cost a dollar a day, and, for me at least, randomly moves around the map after cutscenes/loading.

Smokewood
19 minutes ago, LunaticPandora said:

I would say all this is because its basically a beta until Friday when everyone can join, but knowing R* I wouldn't be surprised if nothing changes come Friday and there really are no private/solo sessions. Although given GTAO, I can only wonder what their reasoning for this is.....

Again, until we have a newswire update explaining the features of the game, we are left blind.

For all we know PvE lobbies are just unavailable at the moment.

We need a newswire update....

I give them the favour of the doubt in this stage. Yeah yeah, it's a beta after all. And looks to be one indeed. Day #1 doesn't end well for the Beta access day. I tried finding positive things, but lacked. Character customisation at this stage is pretty bad. My vintage mr Potatohead has more options. 

But, I am hoping this is all a very limited version of character customising and more a test on the freeroam missions. Did one mandatory one and it was actually rather smooth, until the end. Online wouldn't load anymore, so I had to close and reload the game. Beta..., granted bug. 

If the Live online version sees no Solo or Invite Only sessions, which they will according to several news channels, Online is not gonna see much McGhee in there. I'll be eagerly looking out for patches.

ALifeOfMisery
10 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Again, until we have a newswire update explaining the features of the game, we are left blind.

For all we know PvE lobbies are just unavailable at the moment.

We need a newswire update....

Genuinely hope you're right. We will have to wait and see.

But if what we have now is the extent of our options, of which we have precisely none, my interest in RDO will quickly die.

Watain

I also haven't managed to find any other session options than the default public one. Haven't engaged in any PvP yet, but I saw bunch of players that seemed to let all hell break loose in Saint Denis. I just felt like ... staying away.

As a whole I am pretty disappointed about the entire Online portion so far. Right now I just feel like waiting until they fix more session options and exit the beta phase.

Smokewood

Going to lunch.

Hope to have a newswire update when I get back.