1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Fatsanchez

Patch 1.03 discussion

Smokewood
Just now, Cutter De Blanc said:

A day in Red Dead 2 is 49 minutes and 6 seconds

did it change? I tested it on day 1 with my stopwatch.

Cutter De Blanc

Somebody else timed it. The hours don't pass at the same length of time, I posted info in the topic about it

DiEgOw_CrAzY
16 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Nope.

A day in GTA is 48 minutes.

A day in RDR2 is 32 minutes.

It's faster than GTA.

I wish days were as long as in rdr1, everywhere I look over internet says It takes 48 minutes in rdr1, but It takes twice as that, I timed It back in the day because I remember noticing that took more time to pass a day in rdr1 than gta4. 1 in game hour in rdr1 takes 4 minutes and nights aren't shorter than days like rdr2

Edited by DiEgOw_CrAzY

GroveStGTAV

Knife holdster glitch still exist

glitch appears when you play as marston. Also no marstons original hairstyle and no johns gambler hat also cow milking still missing in my barn

Furi0sa

needs beard patch still. noooooooooo

Jmac
2 hours ago, Smokewood said:

Nope.

A day in GTA is 48 minutes.

A day in RDR2 is 32 minutes.

It's faster than GTA.

I love the off-hand holster. It's my go to when on horseback. Mine disappeared when I equipped the machete.

Every time I’ve checked with a stop watch, it’s been exactly 3 real minutes to 1 in-game hour.  

And I’ve checked quite a few times (and at different in-game times and in different in-game areas) because people keep saying it’s 48-minute days. 

Why am I getting different results?  I’m on chapter 2 still if that makes a difference?  Maybe it gets shorter as the story progresses?

Edited by Jmac

Spider-Vice

Time seems to be dynamic depending on your activities (i.e. progresses faster while riding your horse, slower when walking around).

jje1000
12 hours ago, Fatsanchez said:
  • Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03.

I got really curious about these "gameplay improvements". What you guys and girls figure? New stuff?

Really wish they'd specify what these gameplay improvements are so that players don't have to go out experimenting themselves. Would also help a lot in crossing off some of the constructive criticism points off the lists.

Zoop_Leroy

Gold bar glitch and premium horse spawn in Saint Denis were patched.  Chap 4 Arthur in New Austin still works.  Trapper saddles now give +2 to speed and acceleration.

Arthur Bell

If Mexico is patched, then I'm sure someone will figure another way there.

CrimsonPlayer
11 hours ago, GreatScott04 said:

Patch deleted all my custom outfits, and now I can't use the saved outfits workaround to get rid of that damn off-hand holster.

Anybody noticed whether or not it at least shows up in cutscenes now??

This is so absurd.  All these customization options... Yet you can't remove the second holster (or button your coats to look like the intro of the game, or wear neckwear without buttoning the shirt).

I bet these things will never be fixed or changed. 

No patch note after more than 18 hours..lmao.

CrimsonPlayer
12 minutes ago, anthony said:

No patch note after more than 18 hours..lmao.

Oh there's a note.

It says they fixed "things".  

Basically it's all about the multiplayer.  Wouldn't expect anything more from rockstar at this point.  

TheSantader25

Looks like Bonnie is in RDO.it's GTA O all over again. (No Gerald in SP Flashbacks.) 

LeonVegaSuarez
12 hours ago, Jmac said:

They gave bonuses before but not to speed/acceleration.  I take it that’s now the case?

yes

woggleman

Is it me or do certain NPCs at saloons have new lines of dialogue? Lillian at the Saint Denis saloon was saying stuff I never heard before.

Penicuikscotland2010
6 hours ago, Arthur Bell said:

If Mexico is patched, then I'm sure someone will figure another way there.

Definitely. Lol.

cp1dell
53 minutes ago, woggleman said:

Is it me or do certain NPCs at saloons have new lines of dialogue? Lillian at the Saint Denis saloon was saying stuff I never heard before.

There are definitely things that were supposed to be in the game but weren’t for some reason, that they restored with the patch. Somebody else mentioned that they are seeing a different variety of melee animations, and I can personally confirm this as well since I have seen a couple myself when playing after I downloaded the patch. 

Seems like the GTAO revolver wasn’t the only thing missing. 

Ingrobny

I'm not sure if this is a new bug or not, in my first playthrough the bear came out and attacked me, so this time (once bitten, twice shy 😃) I shot the bear when he was inside this cabin and this happend:

Z9Uns4w.jpg

ZoVZrzS.jpg

it's dead alright, but I can't skin it 😂.

Edited by Ingrobny

~INDIO~

Okay I'm getting really frustrated by this, why the hell do my custom outfits keep disappearing?? Everytime I turn the game on they're not there.. Rockstar, for f*ck sake let us take that awful 2nd holster off

LeonVegaSuarez
1 minute ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Okay I'm getting really frustrated by this, why the hell do my custom outfits keep disappearing?? Everytime I turn the game on they're not there.. Rockstar, for f*ck sake let us take that awful 2nd holster off

You on PS4 or Xbox? I never had this issue. Also, you gotta save the outfits by pressing R3

~INDIO~
3 minutes ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

You on PS4 or Xbox? I never had this issue. Also, you gotta save the outfits by pressing R3

Ps4.. I have saved them all twice and each time I come back on they're gone and I'm stuck with that f*cking gay holster. It's so annoying

CrimsonPlayer
41 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

Ps4.. I have saved them all twice and each time I come back on they're gone and I'm stuck with that f*cking gay holster. It's so annoying

Yup.  Seems each time you load the game (load a save) they're gone.

I can't stand the second holster and this update was about the final straw in my long list of greivances.  It is seriously infuriating... I thought hey maybe this update will allow me to remove the holster.  And instead they deleted my outfits (every time I load) and removed the WORK AROUND for the holster.  I almost quit playing. 

I don't know if you have digital or physical.  I have physical and just deleted the game data and re-installed.  Don't have day one patch but it seems to be working fine and I can now (again) use the saved outfits to get rid of the horrible holster.  I'll download the update when I'm done with singleplayer, although I'm sick of rockstar's bs and might skip online all together.   

Edited by CrimsonPlayer

Merle Travis

So a quick update: I discovered that the weather and lighting changes have been made WORSE with the patch: I was just outside Valentine at around 5 oclock or so, blue sky, no clouds and sun beating down on me. All of a sudden clouds pop in all over the sky and the sun teleports from up in the middle of the sky to a sunset behind the mountains. Literally 1 minute later its night with stars and moon. Likewise, I was out on a cloudy day and decided to look at the in game silver watch. Looked for LITERALLY 2 seconds, I then put back the watch, all of a sudden the whole sky is blue without a single cloud. What the f*ck?

In terms of resolution, the blurry clouds and stars have not been addressed at all. Clouds look like straight out of a ps3 game. This is competing with Mafia 3 now in terms of ugly low res clouds, seriously. And why are the stars as big as planets? How hard is that to get right?

At this point I just don't understand it. How can skyboxes, weather and time changes be this bad in a Rockstar game, even worse than before the patch, when old Rockstar games always got this right? What the hell are they doing?! I just don't get how such an important visual part of the game can be neglected when everything else looks great? How hard can that be to do right? Games have been doing this right for years, even RDR 1 and GTA V didnt have these "sky problems".

I encourage everyone to sign this petition: https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-add-an-option-to-slow-down-time-fast-sunsets-and-weather-transitions-in-rdr-2

Edited by Merle Travis

Mafia Assassin®

The Valentine doc robbery glitch was not fixed. I still have the notification to investigate the shop, but I obviously can't because I already did.

feckyerlife
12 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Time seems to be dynamic depending on your activities (i.e. progresses faster while riding your horse, slower when walking around).

Bingo and some missions will speed up time.

1 hour ago, Ingrobny said:

I'm not sure if this is a new bug or not, in my first playthrough the bear came out and attacked me, so this time (once bitten, twice shy 😃) I shot the bear when he was inside this cabin and this happend:

Z9Uns4w.jpg

ZoVZrzS.jpg

it's dead alright, but I can't skin it 😂.

If you kill it while its in the cabin you can't skin it. you have to draw it out

1 hour ago, ~INDIO~ said:

are you switching horses?  outfits seem to stick with  the horse and not the saddle

~INDIO~

I've got a save right before "Blessed are the meek", I do the mission, go back to camp and my outfits are all saved still and fine. It autosaves, i reload the game from the autosave and all the outfit's are gone, plus everything off my 1 horse

Kemasus
  • Gold glitch at the burned out office is definitely fixed as previous saves would indicate. RockStar was kind enough to leave my inventory of 3 gold bars alone....Thankyou,
  • I havnt had a chance to check the horse spawns north of St Denis but I was happy to see my Chapter 4 Silver Turkoman horse intact....Thanks again. I will make sure that this horse gets some treats.
  • I noticed right away that draw distance has improved, both with binoculars and without.....much better
  • Also textures seam slightly better with a bit more contrast.

Thanks for the update RockStar.....appreciated

Nobon
20 hours ago, GreatScott04 said:

f*ck sake. Can confirm that the off hand holster still does a disappearing act during cutscenes.

Can't unequip in wardrobe. Heading to Rhodes now to see if I can unequip the off-hand weapon at the gunsmith.

You cannot. I mean, you can unequip the gun, but the holster itself STAYS.
I used saved outfits as a workaround and those disappeared as well. Holster stays PERIOD.
We found a workaround to get rid of it, what WASN'T a glitch that would gave anyone leverage... JUST helped people for immersion... AND THEY REMOVE IT.
Now the only chance if they give us an option to remove it...

There is a petition for the holster removal option,
SO:
Please sign this petition that someone started to add an option to get rid of the off-hand holster if someone like to...
https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-rockstar-games-to-add-option-to-unequip-off-hand-holster-in-rdr2?recruiter=71415221&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi.pacific_abi_select_all_contacts.select_all.pacific_email_copy_en_gb_4.v1.pacific_email_copy_en_us_3.control.pacific_email_copy_en_us_5.v1.pacific_post_sap_share_gmail_abi.control.lightning_2primary_share_options_more.variant&utm_content=fht-13762431-en-gb%3Av6&fbclid=IwAR2NrTtAuR8ot9_OdciHDNttwFZTWzcb8oRwXIS9MAPALJU7Mxyc4YkGCwQ

Edited by Nobon
more info

unicornace
On 11/27/2018 at 1:03 PM, Fatsanchez said:

Hey guys how you doing?

So a few minutes ago R* dropped the new patch, which it's main purpose is obviously RDO, but I am also eager to know what fixes and improvements it does bring to the SP game.

It weights around 5.6 gb for the PS4.

So far this is what I found:

• Added support for Red Dead Online Beta.
  • Added fixes for crashing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.
  • Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03 for PS4 has fixed some glitches.
  • Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
  • Added performance and stability improvements.
  • Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03.
  • Added other minor fixes and changes with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/744843/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-UPDATE-New-Online-Multiplayer-PS4-Xbox-update-NOW-LIVE

I got really curious about these "gameplay improvements". What you guys and girls figure? New stuff?

Mods this is the first time I create a thread so pardon me if it's on the wrong board. feel free to move it to the right place if thats the case, thanks

A f'n 'Daily Star' link? Are you serious?  No wonder the dude's virus scanner triggered on this site