Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
joedelta

Game sharing ultimate and tomorrow Question

Recommended Posts

joedelta

Anybody have any idea how that will work? Do both people get to play tomorrow, or just the one who bought it?

Edited by joedelta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KarmaOutlaw

Would you gameshare with me? Plz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatin Since 87

I’m not sure how game sharing works, but from a business stand point I couldn’t see them letting 2 accounts play the same game online together at the same time. If that were the case me and my buddies would just split the cost of all our games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joedelta

You can play almost any game online shared, i mean since its ultimate edition. I know that dlc stuff (guns,horses, outfits, etc.) don't work with red dead shared. Im curious if online will be the same. 

 

And no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crm114

The dlc and extras worked for my bro and we game shared 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddened_Ghost

I shared my UE copy with a friend of mine and they got the bonus as well, hopefully the online works as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
2 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

I shared my UE copy with a friend of mine and they got the bonus as well, hopefully the online works as well.

I game share with my wife and she also has the Ultimate edition addons, so I think it will allow her to play, since acces most likely depends on you having the Ultimate addon installed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paddymcg
6 hours ago, Hatin Since 87 said:

I’m not sure how game sharing works, but from a business stand point I couldn’t see them letting 2 accounts play the same game online together at the same time. If that were the case me and my buddies would just split the cost of all our games 

That's exactly how gamesharing works on PS4, you can gameshare with one other person and it must be someone you trust as you need to activate each others account as the primary on your system.

 

I've been doing it since the PS3 days (where you could do it with 5 people)

Now, I only buy PS plus every 2 years and only buy every second game unless I want physical which I did for RDR2 with the ultimate edition and collector's box.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
55 minutes ago, paddymcg said:

That's exactly how gamesharing works on PS4, you can gameshare with one other person and it must be someone you trust as you need to activate each others account as the primary on your system.

 

I've been doing it since the PS3 days (where you could do it with 5 people)

Now, I only buy PS plus every 2 years and only buy every second game unless I want physical which I did for RDR2 with the ultimate edition and collector's box.

 

 

PS4 game share works differently, at least for some games though. When I have game shared with my wife on our PS4s, she will only get the base game, when I buy special editions. On the Xbox however she gets everything. She also gets my gold subscription and my game pass.

Edited by Gallows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LegendarySaiyan
Spoiler

main-qimg-d7170804e24d16f4bdbde14f618bd4

Everything should be available for the other user as well. My brother and I share users too and everything from Special Edition content to Season Pass' are shared too.

 

Getting Access to Online today though, that is hard to answer since we don't know what kind of data they collect to see who has the Ultimate Edition or not. So if they use the information from your PSNID where it has registered/redeemed the Ultimate Edition then YOU might not get access today.

Edited by LegendarySaiyan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paddymcg
7 minutes ago, Gallows said:

PS4 game share works differently, at least for some games though. When I have game shared with my wife on our PS4s, she will only get the base game, when I buy special editions. On the Xbox however she gets everything. She also gets my gold subscription and my game pass.

Add-ons for specials editions are downloaded separately on PS4, not sure how they work on Xbox, so you will only get the base game unless you click on the add ons and download them too.

 

AFAIK the only things you can't gameshare are things you can't download multiple times e.g. digital currency, xp boosts etc.

 

Even though I got the physical ultimate edition I was still able to gameshare the ultimate edition content to my friend because I had to download it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gallows
31 minutes ago, paddymcg said:

Add-ons for specials editions are downloaded separately on PS4, not sure how they work on Xbox, so you will only get the base game unless you click on the add ons and download them too.

 

AFAIK the only things you can't gameshare are things you can't download multiple times e.g. digital currency, xp boosts etc.

 

Even though I got the physical ultimate edition I was still able to gameshare the ultimate edition content to my friend because I had to download it.

Oh that’s quite nice. Maybe they changed it then. When I got fortenite (save the world), I bought a special edition, but my wife only had access to the normal edition. We just recently moved our accounts to Xbox and now she has the extra content. In any case - we’ll all be playing this weekend 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfDutch

It doesn't work. me and my friend game share we both got all the dlc from the UE but online is only available for him today 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.