4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tasty_Pasta

Red Dead Online Beta launches today!

Tasty_Pasta

94cccd2dee961a2f6090e9450333e15745631433

Now that everyone has had a chance over the past month to experience the story of Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang in Red Dead Redemption 2, it is almost time to begin the beta period for Red Dead Online. Early access to the Red Dead Online beta begins tomorrow on Tuesday, November 27, working up to full public access on Friday, November 30.

Built from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we have learned since then about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to expand and evolve over time. 

35d3231813c9c1db4b4846d40b74df0d6f35d7c9

With the gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 as its foundation, Red Dead Online transforms the vast and deeply detailed landscapes, cities, towns and habitats of Red Dead Redemption 2 into a new, living online world ready to be shared by multiple players. Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.

Explore the world solo or with friends. Form or join a Posse to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire at your Camp; head out hunting or fishing; visit bustling towns; battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts; hunt for treasure; take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles; compete with other players or whole Posses in open world challenges and much more. 

1060fffe34441ba7c4ded5b1c2c61f30292fa86b

The launch of the Red Dead Online Beta is the first step in what will be a continually expanding and dynamic world, and the beta period will allow us to deal with the inevitable turbulence of launching any online experience of this size and scale.

During this process, we will be looking to our dedicated community to help us report and fix problems, share ideas, and assist in shaping the future of the full Online experience. As with all of our releases, we will strive to make the launch of Red Dead Online the best it can possibly be, and we ask that the community share that spirit with us over the next weeks and months.

To help us ease into the beta and to mitigate major issues, we will begin the early access period starting Tuesday, November 27 at 8:30am EST, and gradually scale the player base up to full access beginning on Friday, November 30. This will help ensure that our servers can handle a steadily growing volume of concurrent players in the early hours and first days of the Beta and hopefully reduce the likelihood of any server crashes during the launch week as we get things up and running.  Full rollout details are as follows:

• Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.
  • Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.
  • Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.
  • Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

The Red Dead Online Beta will be available to anyone who owns Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One starting Friday, November 30. When booting up Red Dead Redemption 2 and arriving to the title menu, you will see an option in the top right of the screen to select Online.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire tomorrow for more details about Red Dead Online modes, gameplay and more.

Newswire post: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60711/Red-Dead-Online-Beta

Original Source: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/red-dead-online-beta-date-1203036161/

The beta for the online portion of “Red Dead Redemption 2” goes live in waves this week with those who purchased the Ultimate version of the game gaining access Tuesday, anyone who played on Nov. 26 gains access on Wednesday, anyone who played between Oct. 26 and Oct. 29 gets in on Thursday and everyone else by Friday.

Edited by Tasty_Pasta
Added Rockstar's newswire post that came after the other news outlets gave us the info.

Phthalate

Everyone is scattered around (Thanks Collibosher) but here are more links.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/26/18112314/red-dead-redemption-2-online-beta-release-date-ps4-xbox

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/26/red-dead-online-beta-test/

No official word on the Newswire at time of writing, but these are trusted sources. This is very real and very exciting!

Edited by Phthalate
Adding Links

Collibosher
1 minute ago, Phthalate said:

Where is everyone? Red Dead Online dates are confirmed!!

Scattered around speculation and beta release threads...

Maddened_Ghost

I'm finding it strange that Rockstar is quiet on this, like .. Hello? it's over boah? you don't have to keep your silent anymore ..

it's like that meme where someone is touching R's logo with a stick and saying " Come on do something .."

I think they don't want to say much about it until everyone gets to join and play, so instead of "these folks will play tomorrow and these the day after ..." it will be like "Out Now" on Friday.

It will probably make it easier on the servers as well as not everyone's going to play at once even within the UE owners.

kushnstien

well see ya Wednesday if this is true!

normanself

So Friday.... Any chance I'll finish chapter 2 by then let alone the whole single player?! 

Smokewood

I'l report back at midnight. I have the UE

DentureDynamite

Watch Ultimate Edition sales suddenly skyrocket. lol

E•MO•TION

It’s so bizarre that there’s no official word from R* yet. 😅

Nice to see that they’re rolling this out in stages given what happened to GTA Online at launch. See you tonight?

Maddened_Ghost

Edit: Nevermind I can't even time apparently lol

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

lennymuhboi

Glad I bought the ultimate. Time to nap.

Maddened_Ghost

Watch Rockstar post about the Red Hook event they sponsor.

Journey_95

Don't care much for Online (although I will try it out), just hope we get a patch tomorrow for the SP

kushnstien
24 minutes ago, normanself said:

So Friday.... Any chance I'll finish chapter 2 by then let alone the whole single player?! 

you can beat the story by friday, if you put some serious hours in lol

Gallows
20 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

So UE owners will get to play in about uhhh 7 hours huh .. nice.

7 hours? Isn’t it 1.30 PM GMT tomorrow? That’s more than 7 hours.

Gandalf In Space

Access begins on each day at the following times: 8:30am EST / 5:30am PT / 1:30pm UK / 2:30pm Europe

• Tuesday, November 27: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners.
  • Wednesday, November 28: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to Rockstar data.
  • Thursday, November 29: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to Rockstar data.
  • Friday, November 30: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

Source: https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/26/red-dead-online-beta-live-red-dead-redemption-2-ultimate-edition/

Soooooo.... 8:30 tomorrow morning?

Maddened_Ghost
4 minutes ago, Gallows said:

7 hours? Isn’t it 1.30 PM GMT tomorrow? That’s more than 7 hours.

Sorry, I can't even time apparently, my bad lol

Smokewood
3 minutes ago, GandalfInSpace said:

Access begins on each day at the following times: 8:30am EST / 5:30am PT / 1:30pm UK / 2:30pm Europe

• Tuesday, November 27: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners.
  • Wednesday, November 28: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to Rockstar data.
  • Thursday, November 29: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to Rockstar data.
  • Friday, November 30: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

Source: https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/26/red-dead-online-beta-live-red-dead-redemption-2-ultimate-edition/

Soooooo.... 8:30 tomorrow morning?

7:30 am central time. I leave for work at 8:15am... f*ck!

Oh well, tomorrow after work it is. 

Will Probably spend hours in the character creation phase.

jje1000
35 minutes ago, E•MO•TION said:

It’s so bizarre that there’s no official word from R* yet. 😅

Nice to see that they’re rolling this out in stages given what happened to GTA Online at launch. See you tonight?

Agreed, it might have made sense if a trailer was released last Friday or today to build up some hype. 

Then again, maybe they don't want too much hype given what happened to GTAVO the last time around.

Gallows
16 minutes ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Sorry, I can't even time apparently, my bad lol

No worries, We’re alll hyped 😂😄

Striker_Blitz

Where was it actually announced by Rockstar?  I don't see anything on their official pages....

RyuNova

Hello topic, friendly request.

If you see me posting on the RDROnline forum tomorrow can you politely remind me that I should not be because I don't want Online spoiled. Thanks.

Watain
18 minutes ago, Striker_Blitz said:

Where was it actually announced by Rockstar?  I don't see anything on their official pages....

It wasn't (yet). But considering even IGN has posted a video on the release, I'd say it's more or less got to be legit, right? Rockstar, however, has just topped themselves when it comes to bad communication with their fans/players.

Gallows

Wonder how big the update is going to be. I’m home 30 minutes before the server opens.

Commander S

Bah - can't get the game installed in time, new console hasn't arrived, and I'm going to be out of the house all day tomorrow, anyway. :facedesk:

Fortunately, I doubt there's going to be some bonus incentive for playing on Day 1 - because it's only going to be Ultimate Edition players, and so giving them extra stuff is just shafting people who didn't spend £90 on the game (which I did - more fool me! :p).

Wonder how long it'll be in 'beta' (because I suspect this is less of an actual beta, more a public 'stress-test'/ass-covering strategy if things play out like GTAO at launch), and if progress will carry over when the game 'launches' (probably, IMO).

DentureDynamite
13 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Wonder how big the update is going to be. I’m home 30 minutes before the server opens.

Not sure about XBox One, but I'll be double-checking that my PS4 is set to Rest Mode so it can start downloading as soon as it's released; could be a hefty size (guessing 30-40 GB)?

GreatScott04

I'll say goodbye now, nobody is going to see me until Thursday because spoilers 👍

AndyGanteks

Newswire announcement: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60711/Red-Dead-Online-Beta

• Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.
  • Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.
  • Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.
  • Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

Emmi

I'm excited!

I'm hyped!

Let's go!

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Ugh, locking betas behind pointless collectors editions/Pre order is pointless.

I can already see release being a complete mess, like GTA Online. It’s probably the only reason they’re calling this a beta.

Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx