Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GroveStGTAV

After 1907 dutch?

Recommended Posts

GroveStGTAV

So what happend to dutch after gave his all money to marston and leave his cabin?

 

I think he found last remaining indians in grizzles

and he went to tall trees and became leader of the skinner brothers to just survive.

 

I thinks skinner brothers is dutchs gang in 1911

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

TAHITI

 

Also why would Dutch literally become the leader of a group that cannibalizes and most likely rapes people?

 

Dutch is many thinks, but a Cannibal and Rapist he is not. He has a code to live by, he defies the government. He isn't a damn murderous psycho who kills random people in the woods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV
32 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

TAHITI

 

Also why would Dutch literally become the leader of a group that cannibalizes and most likely rapes people?

 

Dutch is many thinks, but a Cannibal and Rapist he is not. He has a code to live by, he defies the government. He isn't a damn murderous psycho who kills random people in the woods.

So which indians joined to dutch? Then why dutch went to tall trees. What happend to skinner brothers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edward Nashton

I'm just wondering when exactly did Dutch start using Just For Men hair dye, because he looked pretty grey by the time we reach the epilogue, but then has jet black hair again by RDR, save for his temples and the tips in front.

 

 hQTQxsY.pngrOUxplo.png?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonko
4 minutes ago, Edward Nashton said:

I'm just wondering when exactly did Dutch start using Just For Men hair dye, because he looked pretty grey by the time we reach the epilogue, but then has jet black hair again by RDR, save for his temples and the tips in front.

 

 hQTQxsY.pngrOUxplo.png?1

He got skinnier by the time of RDR 1. In RDR 2 he looks in pretty good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

Wasn't he supposed to have been presumed to have died in a fire? What happened to that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud
7 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Wasn't he supposed to have been presumed to have died in a fire? What happened to that?

They cut out that entire bit of the story. That was a bank robbery that Marston was apparently shot on as well after which he left the gang in 1906.

 

They retconned all of that for the ending of RDR2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AddamHusayin
11 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

They cut out that entire bit of the story. That was a bank robbery that Marston was apparently shot on as well after which he left the gang in 1906.

 

They retconned all of that for the ending of RDR2.

I'm just asking where exactly does it say that Marston got shot in the 1906 bank robbery? I remember all this and I'm wondering if it actually is a retcon. I remember reading the newspaper saying Dutch was believed to have died in a fire during a robbery sometime 1906 or 1907 but those events could just be separate unless they specifically specificed that it was the same? Genuinely trying to get to the bottom of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV
7 hours ago, AddamHusayin said:

I'm just asking where exactly does it say that Marston got shot in the 1906 bank robbery? I remember all this and I'm wondering if it actually is a retcon. I remember reading the newspaper saying Dutch was believed to have died in a fire during a robbery sometime 1906 or 1907 but those events could just be separate unless they specifically specificed that it was the same? Genuinely trying to get to the bottom of this. 

About left john for a death

 

In rdr2 micah, dutch, javier and another micahs boy left john for a death because they didnt want to help him or because of dutchs plan

 

I think this part of RDR1 story is better than RDR2s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AddamHusayin
3 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

About left john for a death

 

In rdr2 micah, dutch, javier and another micahs boy left john for a death because they didnt want to help him or because of dutchs plan

 

I think this part of RDR1 story is better than RDR2s

That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking where in RDR1 does it say that John was specifically shot in a 1906 robbery which causes him to leave the gang?

Edited by AddamHusayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldsport
On 11/26/2018 at 6:09 AM, GroveStGTAV said:

So which indians joined to dutch? Then why dutch went to tall trees. What happend to skinner brothers?

theyre called NATIVES* not indians. and probably the rest of the natives from wapiti reservation, like the ones that eagle flies and his gang were part of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV
1 hour ago, Oldsport said:

theyre called NATIVES* not indians. and probably the rest of the natives from wapiti reservation, like the ones that eagle flies and his gang were part of.

Maybe paytah and his gunmens joined dutch after reigns fall went to canada

 

 

3 hours ago, AddamHusayin said:

That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking where in RDR1 does it say that John was specifically shot in a 1906 robbery which causes him to leave the gang?

Maybe only just date was changed. John gets shot at train robbery in 1899 and left for death by javier micah dutch and joe except bill

 

bill just picks dutchs side in when gang turned each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AddamHusayin
2 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

Maybe paytah and his gunmens joined dutch after reigns fall went to canada

 

 

Maybe only just date was changed. John gets shot at train robbery in 1899 and left for death by javier micah dutch and joe except bill

 

bill just picks dutchs side in when gang turned each other

I'm not sure what you're saying lol I'm asking if there is proof in RDR1 where someone says that John left the gang in 1906.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreeMaxB585
3 hours ago, AddamHusayin said:

I'm not sure what you're saying lol I'm asking if there is proof in RDR1 where someone says that John left the gang in 1906.

 

I may be wrong but I think when he is discussing terms with the agents he says that he hasn't seen them in however many years type thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AddamHusayin
3 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

 

I may be wrong but I think when he is discussing terms with the agents he says that he hasn't seen them in however many years type thing

Um what are you saying? Everyone keeps ignoring the question lol I just want to know does it say anywhere that John was shot in a failed robbery in 1906 which caused him to leave the gang? If the answer is no then it isn't retcon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nulla Lex Ink.
2 hours ago, AddamHusayin said:

Um what are you saying? Everyone keeps ignoring the question lol I just want to know does it say anywhere that John was shot in a failed robbery in 1906 which caused him to leave the gang? If the answer is no then it isn't retcon.

I've actually been thinking about this a lot too. I played through RDR before the new game came out and I don't remember it ever being explicitly said that the two robberies were one in the same. I think mostly it was an assumption based on the bits of information we did have. The paper at one point says it was a "bungled robbery" in 1906 that Dutch supposedly died during, and when the stranger tells John about Heidi McCourt he mentions that she was killed in the same robbery John was shot during "a few years back."

 

Unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible, it seems like there was never anything that explicitly said the job John got shot on was the same as the 1906 one. It does seem kind of implied by the stranger saying "a few years back" but I've heard people say that when referring to something 10+ years ago so that isn't necessarily confirmation. So no, doesn't seem to have ever been outright said, as far as I can remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous
On 11/26/2018 at 1:36 PM, happygrowls said:

TAHITI

 

Also why would Dutch literally become the leader of a group that cannibalizes and most likely rapes people?

 

Dutch is many thinks, but a Cannibal and Rapist he is not. He has a code to live by, he defies the government. He isn't a damn murderous psycho who kills random people in the woods.

There's no proof that the group he led at Cochinay had anything to do with the Skinners. Sure both gangs have native elements, but that'd be expected. Maybe Redemption 2 implies that he inherited some elements of the Skinners, but there was no sign of his gang acting the same way as the Skinners, murdering travelers and all that. Even so, Dutch was more of a shadow of himself in Redemption as he seemed to live by the code that the end justifies the means. 

Edited by Jabalous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mde2
43 minutes ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

I've actually been thinking about this a lot too. I played through RDR before the new game came out and I don't remember it ever being explicitly said that the two robberies were one in the same. I think mostly it was an assumption based on the bits of information we did have. The paper at one point says it was a "bungled robbery" in 1906 that Dutch supposedly died during, and when the stranger tells John about Heidi McCourt he mentions that she was killed in the same robbery John was shot during "a few years back."

 

Unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible, it seems like there was never anything that explicitly said the job John got shot on was the same as the 1906 one. It does seem kind of implied by the stranger saying "a few years back" but I've heard people say that when referring to something 10+ years ago so that isn't necessarily confirmation. So no, doesn't seem to have ever been outright said, as far as I can remember.

I think you're right. People are just putting bits and pieces of information together.

 

John was shot, yes, on the Ferry. He also left the gang after they left him to die during the heist on the train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AddamHusayin
1 hour ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

I've actually been thinking about this a lot too. I played through RDR before the new game came out and I don't remember it ever being explicitly said that the two robberies were one in the same. I think mostly it was an assumption based on the bits of information we did have. The paper at one point says it was a "bungled robbery" in 1906 that Dutch supposedly died during, and when the stranger tells John about Heidi McCourt he mentions that she was killed in the same robbery John was shot during "a few years back."

 

Unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible, it seems like there was never anything that explicitly said the job John got shot on was the same as the 1906 one. It does seem kind of implied by the stranger saying "a few years back" but I've heard people say that when referring to something 10+ years ago so that isn't necessarily confirmation. So no, doesn't seem to have ever been outright said, as far as I can remember.

This is what I was thinking too. The newspaper says Dutch was believed to have died in a fire during the robbery in 1906 I believe and now we can reasonably believe that it was during another one of his outings with his native american gang, went quiet and became active again when John catches Javier since they discovered him again around that time.

 

Before we didn't have that information so people just put the two together. Since it was never explicitly stated I would not consider it a retcon. It probably kind of is but only in hindsight since Rockstar probably didn't plan ahead but they're lucky it doesn't conflict.

Edited by AddamHusayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nulla Lex Ink.
2 hours ago, AddamHusayin said:

This is what I was thinking too. The newspaper says Dutch was believed to have died in a fire during the robbery in 1906 I believe and now we can reasonably believe that it was during another one of his outings with his native american gang, went quiet and became active again when John catches Javier since they discovered him again around that time.

 

Before we didn't have that information so people just put the two together. Since it was never explicitly stated I would not consider it a retcon. It probably kind of is but only in hindsight since Rockstar probably didn't plan ahead but they're lucky it doesn't conflict.

Yeah, it's probably what R* intended initially since the implications were there, but that's all it was, an implication, not a confirmation. It's not so much a retcon, more like someone saying "Oh, that isn't what happened. What actually happened was..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidzy
On 11/26/2018 at 11:12 AM, Edward Nashton said:

I'm just wondering when exactly did Dutch start using Just For Men hair dye, because he looked pretty grey by the time we reach the epilogue, but then has jet black hair again by RDR, save for his temples and the tips in front.

 

 hQTQxsY.pngrOUxplo.png?1

That's probably due to the cold air that's put moisture on his hair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.