4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Merle Travis

So...where is the patch Rockstar?

O.Z

What really crates me are the shopkeepers who keep telling me to move on?! Are you serious? I’m a customer spending loads of cash in your store.... doesn’t make sense at all.

Also NPC’s spitting out same nonsense as their GTA V counterparts.. stop doing this and that etc. I doubt they will patch it though

Edited by O.Z

6 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

@anthony

I agree with all your points except the train robbery. While I agree that the time which takes that you enter the "crime reported" situation should be increased but You have to realize that trains pass stations. And if a train isn't there at the right time the station could report that something has happened to the train in the middle of the way. 

Fair enough, a good balance would be that if the player is staying too long on the train and is taking too much time, "CRIME REPORTED" and lawman will spawn far from the train, to give the illusion that they came from a station or a town whatever.

3 hours ago, Gallows said:

A lot of good points and presented in a good way.

I have not noticed the NPCs getting annoyed except when I stand still next to them and look at them, or press LT to focus on them. I am on the side of good honour, so don’t know if that plays a part. 

Train robberies. After further investigation I think they may work as intended, with perhaps a slight balance issue. The usual system would not work for trains, because you would never get a Bounty. Someone made a profit of $300 after paying his $90 Bounty, which is fine. Train robberies may offer something different from the usual incognito crime jobs, so it’s supposed to always end in a hectic escape. Maybe the profit is too inconsistent as well, but haven’t tested that enough.

Lawman identifikation. I believe it must work like this, or the player would never get s Bounty. A RNG system would be super frustrating, I prefer knowing so I can play. Perhaps the range of lawman identification should be decreased slightly. I don’t have a big issue with it, as you can see lawmen and their facing on the mini map.

Wilderness witnesses and lawmen. I know it seems very silly, but again you would never get a Bounty out there if they had to go all the way to town. The system would have to be completely recreated.

Law man spawning rate. I agree with this. I have killed about a houndred lawmen in the bank of Valentine. It’s rather silly. If they were to change the system, I think they should drop the spawning after a few lawmen and then send Bounty hunters after you instead.

New Austin. I agree, it should not follow the usual rules. It should feel lawless like the old Wild West killing someone who draws on you should be fine etc.

The option to close your coat is weirdly absent. I’d like that as an option.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to hold R2 to keep smoking and such, if that’s what you mean.

Lean on walls and sit. I agree, would be more immersive with options to sit everywhere and lean against walls and trees.

Saloon eating. Yes for the price, I’d like at least the option to consume the meal in a realistic time frame.

Great point!

The whole idea of "if it would be like that the player would never have a bounty" is ridiculous in my opinion but fair enough.

Edited by anthony

jje1000
10 hours ago, anthony said:

Those things are very questionable in my opinion, especially for a game that were in the making for 8 years with that amount of money and that amount on people working on it but oh well..

There's a very simple explanation- that development was more troubled than we thought (there were rumors of this), and that there were features that ended up unfinished or unpolished. I would almost say that at a certain point, the decision was made to finish polishing the main story over free-roam activities.

Edited by jje1000

17 minutes ago, jje1000 said:

There's a very simple explanation- that development was more troubled than we thought (there were rumors of this), and that there were features that ended up unfinished or unpolished. I would almost say that at a certain point, the decision was made to finish polishing the main story over free-roam activities.

Yes..I thought about that.

Darealbandicoot
On 11/22/2018 at 2:20 PM, Merle Travis said:

The game is good, but in my opinion should be shown a little more love by Rockstar. Because there is so much still missing that needs patching. My biggest pet peeves, as others have said:

•  Add horse carriage pelt storing feature
  •  Add owning properties and cabins
  •  Fixed bounty system
  •  Fix weather bug and short sunset fix
  •  Add time cycle slow down option, time is moving way too fast
  •  Add dropping weapons feature. Give us a decent inventory mechanic
  •  Making eating matter
  •  Fix the input lag and free aim deadzone issues
  •  Custom weapon loadouts
  •  Add longer animations fix for smoking and eating and things you want to watch
  •  Placing tents really where you want and not at locations

So where is the patch Rockstar?

Oh you WILL get some of those features.... in Red Dead Online of course..

Mach1bud
12 hours ago, Vanzant said:

You can't press R2 to consume and hold a cigarette, cigar or a bottle of whiskey, gin whatever coming out from your satchel. ??

I've seen this complaint a few times, however that cannot be changed. These items are needed for the most part to quickly restore dead eye and would be annoying if they were prolonged.

Could just work the same way as GTA. Hold the button for a longer animation. I know, my GTAO character has smoked so much he should be a spokesman for Redwood.

Vanzant
2 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Could just work the same way as GTA. Hold the button for a longer animation. I know, my GTAO character has smoked so much he should be a spokesman for Redwood.

The only kicker there is that you automatically use them when selected from the satchel. I think the only way is to add a new cigarette type. lol

Oldsport

i would add:

-ability to ride in trains and stagecoaches and not have it skip automatically

-ability to smoke or sip/eat manually like we can at camp

-more revolvers and weapons like clubs and stuff

-slower day to night transition so its smoother

-prostitutes

-ability to hang out with gang members like in gta iv and v

-ability to go do crimes with gang members

-allow us to keep atleast any 5 random hats we pick up that we want, we can swap em and remove em out the inventory if we want to get another random hat

-close and button the jackets 

-roll hats

-buy jewelry like rings and pocketwatches like dutch

-pet for the camp

-allow us to hold ppl for ransom

-drop guns

-pan for gold 

OH YEAH, i forgot the most important one

-allow us to go back in time to 1899 to right before the blackwater massacre where we can play as arthur and have the whole gang there in harmony and better times. that should be the end game+ the ability to switch to 1907 original ending 

Edited by Oldsport
forgot

Journey_95

Not sure why they are taking so long..it's been like a month. Wtf?

bish0p2004
On 11/22/2018 at 11:38 AM, AdmiralJT said:

Really?

They spent how many years working on this game, and just this week were taking a hit because they were working 100+ hour weeks just before release, and you think three weeks is to long to wait for an update?

Get over yourselves. They've earned the right to take some time off. Online is being worked on now, I'm sure that's the main focus now as it should be. 

Lol..."they're working on what I want at least...so you you other guys just need to get over yourselves"

AdmiralJT
36 minutes ago, bish0p2004 said:

Lol..."they're working on what I want at least...so you you other guys just need to get over yourselves"

They're working on the other half of the game that we payed for.

I can't believe that people are so impatient that waiting three weeks for a patch after a game this massive was released is some hardship. The single player game isn't broken, and it's not in need of a DLC right away.

bish0p2004
22 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

They're working on the other half of the game that we payed for.

I can't believe that people are so impatient that waiting three weeks for a patch after a game this massive was released is some hardship. The single player game isn't broken, and it's not in need of a DLC right away.

Not everyone plays multiplayer, homie and the single player is in need of patches...not necessarily all the ones the op is asking for, but there are some issues with the game.

AdmiralJT
27 minutes ago, bish0p2004 said:

Not everyone plays multiplayer, homie and the single player is in need of patches...not necessarily all the ones the op is asking for, but there are some issues with the game.

I agree that it could use some fixes, but it's absurd to expect it to happen so soon after launch. If the game was riddled with crashes, and bugs that made it impossible to complete missions I'd say yes it would need to be fixed immediately, but that's not the case. 

3Prcntr

Could also use a full turn while choosing clothing. Can't see my backside. 

Also, the gunbelt/holster... it's terribly ugly. There should be an option to wear it like dutch did, one gun at the 3 and the other at the 9, with the belt actually around your waist. This whole sagging thing is fugly.

Maybe even an option to change the satchel strap. I'd prefer an all black one. Same with the guns.

Once you get the Legend of the East Satchel, there is no option showing you how much of an item you are carrying while purchasing other items, for example, browsing the catalogue. How hard is it to show a number in the corner?

I would also like to be able to view the saddles in the trapper's store. Why would I bother skinning 10 perfect rattlesnakes if I think the saddle is ugly in the end?

Laslty, a temperature icon on the mini map. I know you can press down to see it, but I don't press down every minute while traveling... Lower left hand corner would be ideal and small enough to not be in the way of anything. Possibly even a digital clock in the lower right.

That's all I got for now... Bitch and moan, moan and bitch.

bish0p2004
18 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I agree that it could use some fixes, but it's absurd to expect it to happen so soon after launch. If the game was riddled with crashes, and bugs that made it impossible to complete missions I'd say yes it would need to be fixed immediately, but that's not the case. 

Fair enough.  Admittedly, I was more annoyed with the online portion of the comment as I know Rockstar are going to put more focus on that than singleplayer anyway, and whether they do anything else for sp is anyones guess.

Edited by bish0p2004

3Prcntr
17 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I was following Sadie and she ran into someone, so she pursued and shot them, to no end, then froze and I was unable to complete the mission. I blew myself up to start over because she wouldn't move then I eventually got stuck too. Only thing I could do was use my weapon wheel. There are plenty of bugs like this. It'll take some time, but it will get fixed.

1 minute ago, bish0p2004 said:

Fair enough.  Admittedly, I was more annoyed with the online portion of the comment as I know Rockstar are going to put more focus on that than singleplayer anyway, and whether they do anything else for sp is anyones guess.

I'm really hoping they don't do that with this game. There is soooooo much room for SP expansion. Screw online. I don't even pay for online in playstation, the only thing I get for that stuff is on Steam, and even then I won't play online. 

jje1000
2 hours ago, 3Prcntr said:

I'm really hoping they don't do that with this game. There is soooooo much room for SP expansion. Screw online. I don't even pay for online in playstation, the only thing I get for that stuff is on Steam, and even then I won't play online. 

Agree with this- tight characterization, world-building and storytelling is where RDR2 really shines, and it'll be a shame to throw that away since there's so much room for further expansion.

Online, there's far fewer opportunities for this, as even story missions need to be generalized to a certain extent to fit all characters. Just look at GTAV Online's mute characters and largely forgettable online missions- there, the only character building comes from the player themselves, while the world-building goes away in exchange for general mayhem.

Gallows
20 hours ago, anthony said:

Fair enough, a good balance would be that if the player is staying too long on the train and is taking too much time, "CRIME REPORTED" and lawman will spawn far from the train, to give the illusion that they came from a station or a town whatever.

The whole idea of "if it would be like that the player would never have a bounty" is ridiculous in my opinion but fair enough.

Yes I get that and of course it would not be the case that players would never get a Bounty, because the system would work in a different way so this is not the case. But Lets say witnesses had to run to town, then there is no way players wouldn’t be long gone before the law arrived. Could R* have created a more refined and sensible system - yes they could have.

I am almost done with the dinosaur bones and once that’s done I’ll do train robberies. Try to embrace the fact that getting a Bounty and getting chases is part of that. If I end up being able to get decent profit from train robberies, my conclusion will be that the system is fine as it is, and the Bounty/chase is simply part of the train robbery experience. It all depends on tje profit though, because if that isn’t good enough train robberies are pointless. Fixing the profit however is much easier for Rockstar. I have noticed that some trains are better targets than others, list like some NPCs and shops are better targets than others.

I can live with the current system if the reward is decent.

Edited by Gallows

4 minutes ago, Gallows said:

Yes I get that and of course it would not be the case that players would never get a Bounty, because the system would work in a different way so this is not the case. But Lets say witnesses had to run to town, then there is no way players wouldn’t be long gone before the law arrived. Could R* have created a more refined and sensible system - yes they could have.

I am almost done with the dinosaur bones and once that’s done I’ll do train robberies. Try to embrace the fact that getting a Bounty and getting chases is part of that. If I end up being able to get decent profit from train robberies, my conclusion will be that the system is fine as it is, and the Bounty/chase is simply part of the train robbery experience. It all depends on tje profit though, because if that isn’t good enough train robberies are pointless. Fixing the profit however is much easier for Rockstar. I have noticed that some trains are better targets than others, list like some NPCs and shops are better targets than others.

I can live with the current system if the reward is decent.

Fair enouth but I can't..in reality I don't want to lol. I want and should get a bounty only if I'm sloppy and bad, not because it is part of the system.

Gallows
6 minutes ago, anthony said:

Fair enouth but I can't..in reality I don't want to lol. I want and should get a bounty only if I'm sloppy and bad, not because it is part of the system.

I don’t really disagree to be honest, but I don’t think it’s realistic for them to change how it works. A tweak to profit on the other hand is easy.

The perfect system for me would be something along the lines of what you have in mind, I think 😊

Lonely-Martin
On 11/22/2018 at 9:06 PM, Mach1bud said:

Very incorrect. They patched up V's story mode and added many cars before eventually stopping. 

Didn't they remove many of those cars on the current gen version?

Different era then I feel. I'm hopeful some backlash see's them add here in story mode, but I'd not be surprised if they didn't at all. They stopped adding to encourage people to online and the game just grew and grew in for GTA.

I'm on the fence, lol.

bish0p2004
4 hours ago, Gallows said:

I don’t really disagree to be honest, but I don’t think it’s realistic for them to change how it works. A tweak to profit on the other hand is easy.

The perfect system for me would be something along the lines of what you have in mind, I think 😊

I agree it would require a complete change in how it works simply because how realistic is it for one man to rob an entire train by himself anyway?  That could have been changed by allowing followers, but again, that requires adding that feature and then you run into the issue of post game, after the epilogue.

It would be nice if at least you didn't automatically become wanted though and a few witnesses had to actually run off the train and go get the law. Then change the range that lawmen recognize you with the bandana.

Mach1bud
3 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Didn't they remove many of those cars on the current gen version?

Different era then I feel. I'm hopeful some backlash see's them add here in story mode, but I'd not be surprised if they didn't at all. They stopped adding to encourage people to online and the game just grew and grew in for GTA.

I'm on the fence, lol.

No they didn't, as a matter of fact, they added them into the traffic population so you could get them for free instead of buying them in story mode.

Regardless, the fact is that they did update story mode for quite some time. And even somewhat recent updates had a few bug fixes for story mode.

Seths

I just wish we could unequip the off hand holster. 

LeonVegaSuarez

Don't think it happens, but it'd be sweet to be able to explore New Austin as Arthur. Just make it so in chapter 4 we can go there. Blackwater can still be a deadzone with insta kills but make the rest explorable.

Lonely-Martin
29 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

No they didn't, as a matter of fact, they added them into the traffic population so you could get them for free instead of buying them in story mode.

Regardless, the fact is that they did update story mode for quite some time. And even somewhat recent updates had a few bug fixes for story mode.

Oh, patch-wise I know they do. But the DLC cars aren't in my garage through pressing left. I thought that list had about 20 or more but it has been an age since old gen for me so likely forgot or messed up, I've only seen a couple added, but only played story once on current, again could have missed the stealable new cars. My bad. Actually pretty damn cool, IMO. (Better than just being given them - Adds to my hopes here that, love it if they dropped a new horse to go find in future).

As I said, I'm really hoping they do add here, just cautious as if they do the same as GTA and add to online only with today's highly successful trend since the upgrade/focus on recurring spending, they'll seek to lean us that way again. Many said they joined GTA:O because they couldn't access much and (aside the feisty nature) some only do invite or solo public at best but basically play as though it's single player instead.

Just cautious is all. You know me, lol. While online is to be 'beta' I'm hoping being vocal helps as I believe, along with that Jester, they might be listening more now. And that would delight me after so much was ignored on the other side. Peace out man, I'll ease up. ;)

jje1000
1 hour ago, bish0p2004 said:

I agree it would require a complete change in how it works simply because how realistic is it for one man to rob an entire train by himself anyway?  That could have been changed by allowing followers, but again, that requires adding that feature and then you run into the issue of post game, after the epilogue.

IMO that issue can be resolved by having John forcing Uncle (!) to come along on his adventures, or have guns-for-hire available in the salons.

bish0p2004
1 hour ago, jje1000 said:

IMO that issue can be resolved by having John forcing Uncle (!) to come along on his adventures, or have guns-for-hire available in the salons.

lol...it would be funny to see Uncle finally stop being lazy and actually do something dangerous (the only time I remember him being in a gunfight was in RDR1).  

I thought about the guns-for-hire thing as well, but it doesn't seem like that will ever be a Rockstar feature anymore as everything now apparently needs to have some epic story behind it these days (they seem to be moving towards every character you interact with in any meaningful way needing to be "complex" for some reason in single player) or be online only, where they want most of their sandbox gameplay to be.  I don't like Ubisoft as they go too far towards the shallow end in this aspect, but at least they keep trying to push the open ended nature of their open world games instead of making everything so linear.

Edited by bish0p2004

Oldsport
11 minutes ago, bish0p2004 said:

lol...it would be funny to see Uncle finally stop being lazy and actually do something dangerous (the only time I remember him being in a gunfight was in RDR1).  

I thought about the guns-for-hire thing as well, but it doesn't seem like that will ever be a Rockstar feature anymore as everything now apparently needs to have some epic story behind it these days (they seem to be moving towards every character you interact with in any meaningful way needing to be "complex" for some reason in single player) or be online only, where they want most of their sandbox gameplay to be.  I don't like Ubisoft as they go too far towards the shallow end in this aspect, but at least they keep trying to push the open ended nature of their open world games instead of making everything so linear.

lol uncle had a good mission in rdr2, they had a crazy shootout with cornwalls men in the woods

Gallows
2 hours ago, bish0p2004 said:

It would be nice if at least you didn't automatically become wanted though and a few witnesses had to actually run off the train and go get the law. Then change the range that lawmen recognize you with the bandana.

I agree that the range of lawman identification could be lowered in general. That would solve some issues. Also if ALL the lawmen always came from the same direction, so you had the choice of putting the train between you and them and stay hidden, because they should see you to identify you.